PDA

View Full Version : Make a move for Ted Ginn?

DanRooney
04-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Get rid of one Buckeye for another? According to PFT, Ginn is on the market. If we were able to obtain him say for a 4th, would you do it? He has the similar physique and speed as Santonio, but is lacking in the skill department. Maybe a change of scenery will help his case of dropsies?

StlersGuy
04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
HELL NO....

K Train
04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
he wouldnt be asked to be an overdrafted rookie to be our number 1.

im ****in down for some ginn, wayyyyyyyy better option than battle or el.

im willing to offer aaaaaaaaaaaaa.............5th round pick? lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
he wouldnt be asked to be an overdrafted rookie to be our number 1.

im ****in down for some ginn, wayyyyyyyy better option than battle or el.

im willing to offer aaaaaaaaaaaaa.............5th round pick? lol

We have enough 5th rounders now...lol If the Steelers could get Ginn on the cheap then I would be for it to.......

coldrolled
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM
We have enough 5th rounders now...lol If the Steelers could get Ginn on the cheap then I would be for it to.......

we need a #1 receiver, where are we going to put all these players.. we keep 53..

K Train
04-13-2010, 05:00 PM
good return man, decent deep threat...at least hes fast unlike battle and el

especially since ben has the arm to get him the ball, unlike pennington, white or henne

K Train
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
we need a #1 receiver, where are we going to put all these players.. we keep 53..

cut battle and el....please

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 05:25 PM
What if, just what if Sweed steps up, pretty much the same frame as Ginn, speed etc...

?????????????????????????

K Train
04-13-2010, 05:31 PM
ginn is like 5-11 and runs a 4.3 flat

sweed is 6-5 and runs a 4.5

not sure how they compare physically at all lol

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 05:34 PM
LOL, I'm a dick I thought Ginn was taller than that, my bad!! Living 10 miles from the Shoe you'd think I'd know that....:yellowthumb:

Big T
04-13-2010, 05:36 PM

I was wondering too haha...I'd give up a couple of our 16 5th round picks for Teddy...maybe a 4th but definitely no higher...then we could cut Battle and maybe El and at the same time, get rid of Stefan Logan...

DanRooney
04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't get rid of Logan...

Ted Ginn can step in and become a fantastic #2. We can have two speed demons lined up opposite of eachother with Wallace and have Ward in the slot. Get rid of Battle.

coldrolled
04-13-2010, 07:28 PM

you would basically keep ginn and let logan go.

scudmissile29
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
no no no no no no no no no no

K Train
04-13-2010, 09:20 PM
you would basically keep ginn and let logan go.

i like logan, i would try to make ginn the WR that he can be....start out as a slot guy but give him opportunities. he doesnt really get many in miami, long time dog house member

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Ginn or Marshall?? Ginn would be much cheaper right?

Big T
04-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Ginn or Marshall?? Ginn would be much cheaper right?

Yes Ginn would be cheaper but I would definitely go after Brandon Marshall..there's no comparison...Brandon Marshall is a top 5 reciever and is a true #1...we wouldnt even have to give up a first rounder for him...Brandon Marshall just signed his tender because he and the Broncos know that he wasnt going to get an offer tendered at a 1st...Now the Broncos are set and able to trade him...I think we could get him for a 2nd and a 4th...maybe a 2nd and a couple 5's...I would, without a doubt, make a play for Marshall...

I think most would agree that getting Brandon Marshall and keeping our first round pick would be a **** load better and a **** load smarter than using our first round pick on a reciver that we dont know if they are going to pan out...We know what Brandon Marshall could give us...He would be a big upgrade over Holmes(that's not a stab at Santonio, its just how it is)

K Train
04-13-2010, 10:07 PM
im down for drafting dez at 18 now btw

Big T
04-13-2010, 10:10 PM
im down for drafting dez at 18 now btw

I wouldnt mind it at all now but Id still rather trade a 2nd and a 4th or a 2nd and two 5th's for Brandon Marshall and then take Pouncey or whoever may drop to 18..

strong D
04-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I wouldnt mind it at all now but Id still rather trade a 2nd and a 4th or a 2nd and two 5th's for Brandon Marshall and then take Pouncey or whoever may drop to 18..

ya but i think we all know that brandon marshall is out of the question

Big T
04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
ya but i think we all know that brandon marshall is out of the question

And why is that? and please don't say its not the "Steeler way"...I might throw up

strong D
04-13-2010, 10:37 PM
well there are multiple reasons 1st with all thats gone on this off season they are not gonna bring in a guy who has character issues i know his issues arent off the field but no the less they are still issues and they wont pay him the kind of money he will be looking for

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 10:45 PM
I think he has issues with the way their new young HC threw his weight around when he came in. Personally in the right situation this guy would come to play and play HARD!! I'd like to have him our problem....

Big T
04-13-2010, 11:04 PM
I think he has issues with the way their new young HC threw his weight around when he came in. Personally in the right situation this guy would come to play and play HARD!! I'd like to have him our problem....

without a doubt....

strong D
04-13-2010, 11:07 PM
i never said i dont want him he is a beast just that it wont happen

Big T
04-14-2010, 12:15 AM
i never said i dont want him he is a beast just that it wont happen

i agree, it wont happen, but I dont see any reason it shouldnt...I really don't

Captcoolhand
04-14-2010, 12:23 AM
sad that it will cost more than what we got for holmes

Big T
04-14-2010, 03:53 AM
sad that it will cost more than what we got for holmes

He is better than Holmes...

scudmissile29
04-14-2010, 08:13 AM
no to dez bryant

--- Added 4/14/2010 at 06:13 AM ---

More than 10 teams have removed Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant from their draft boards, according to Profootballtalk.com.

One team is Seattle, which is a head-scratcher considering their public interest in Brandon Marshall. Bryant has compared his situation to that of Randy Moss coming into the league, and teams are starting to apply the same red flags. The major concern is that Bryant may not show up for practices once he gets paid, though the "diva clause" used in Michael Crabtree's contract could also be applied to Bryant. It only takes one team to make Bryant an early first-round pick.

K Train
04-14-2010, 09:29 AM
no to dez bryant

--- Added 4/14/2010 at 06:13 AM ---

More than 10 teams have removed Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant from their draft boards, according to Profootballtalk.com.

One team is Seattle, which is a head-scratcher considering their public interest in Brandon Marshall. Bryant has compared his situation to that of Randy Moss coming into the league, and teams are starting to apply the same red flags. The major concern is that Bryant may not show up for practices once he gets paid, though the "diva clause" used in Michael Crabtree's contract could also be applied to Bryant. It only takes one team to make Bryant an early first-round pick.
PFT lol

more than 10 teams are lyig their asses off to drive his value down imo

Silverback
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Well definitely no Brandon Marshall now, stupid AFC East taking all our players.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Well definitely no Brandon Marshall now, stupid AFC East taking all our players.

As much as i want Brandon Marshall to come home, there is no way we could offer himn a new contract to stay here... he's going to command a record setting deal for a WR, and thats what he wants.

Ginn would be worth a 4th round pick or later. Like K says: We dont draft worth a **** that late anyway... why not. He's a dangerous return man, paired with Wallace in 4 man sets would REALLY stretch the field for Hines and Heath. I say why not... he's a better option than El and Battle and wouyld push those two and Sweed to make the 53-man roster... pull the trigger Colbert!!!

Big T
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I guess I need to change my avatar....I knew it wasn't going to happen but still, this sucks...looks like Teddy is the odd man out in Miami anyway...I'm sure we could get him for a 5th...I'd be for it...we have what like nine 5th round picks?

Blazedby92
04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm not big on him but that sounds good to me.

Big T
04-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Miami picking up Brandon Marshall makes Earl Thomas almost a lock at 12, which makes me very sad....they will go Earl Thomas or Brandon Graham....imagine if the still took Dez:eek1:

coldrolled
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM

imagine no salary cap ever.

jets, giants, boston, miami, San Fran., chicago buying all the players...

well need a new sport to watch. yankees/boston ball is in season. i mean baseball.

JollyRob68
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Get Ted Ginn JR for a 5th or 6 st & 7th. I'd prefer to give up the 6st & 7th so we can use the 5ths to move up in the other rounds or use both 5ths to get a 4th.

tburg68
04-14-2010, 05:27 PM
cut battle and el....please

^^^^^^that would help repair the Steelers image in my mind.

scudmissile29
04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Dont want either

tburg68
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Living 10 miles from the Shoe you'd think I'd know that....:yellowthumb:

Living that close to The Giant Toilet can warp anyone's brain.

I wouldn't give up more for Ginn than we got for Holmes.

steelers25
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
ginn would be a good addition

coldrolled
04-14-2010, 11:27 PM
ginn would be a good addition

screw that and get TO

Big T
04-15-2010, 12:41 AM
I wouldnt be too upset if they didnt draft a WR or pick another one up...I really want to see Limas get a good amount of playing time...thats the only way hes going to work out...he's got to get reps and get his mind right...I really believe that he could be our Brandon Marshall, down the road...I honestly do.

LatrobePA
04-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Living that close to The Giant Toilet can warp anyone's brain.

I wouldn't give up more for Ginn than we got for Holmes.

lol, I was transplanted into Buckeye land many years ago, still a tough pill to swallow!!

Danger DANJ
04-15-2010, 02:21 AM
I guess I would be down for Ginn, but is he worth his contract right now? He is due $1,035,833 this year, $1,393,750 in 2011 and $1,801,667 in 2012 (which is a voidable year). Also, doesn't he have a bunch of dropped passes? I guess with his speed and special teams value, it could be worth a shot. Screw it, why not? Gotta be better than Randle El and especially Battle.

I wouldnt be too upset if they didnt draft a WR or pick another one up...I really want to see Limas get a good amount of playing time...thats the only way hes going to work out...he's got to get reps and get his mind right...I really believe that he could be our Brandon Marshall, down the road...I honestly do.

I'd really like to see Sweed get some playing time too, but if we picked up Ginn, we could easily cut Battle. That leaves Sweed battling Randle El for the 4th spot. I'm sure Sweed will see a lot of time in preseason.

cmerrifield
04-15-2010, 11:12 AM

:plus1:

JollyRob68
04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

I agree and also think we should pick up Ted Ginn for a 6st or sweeting the pot and give them the 7th also. I dont know why they're waiting.

Big T
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Dolphins traded Ted Ginn to the 49ers for a late round pick...we can toss that idea out now

LatrobePA
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Mother f'r! Bengals, Ravens all made moves on WR's and we're getting rid of them. We'll be in the bottom of the div this year!!

andyg1984
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM

limas could be our brandon marshall? i guess i am just confused what you mean? all limas has are you tube highlights from 2006, marshall is the 3rd best in the league imo ..

dnt get me wrong, i would love to see it work out for limas, and i know you are big on the beast.. just confused ...

ejsteeler
04-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Ginn is a 49er pending a physical according to La Canfora.....LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81791788&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Big T
04-16-2010, 03:23 PM
limas could be our brandon marshall? i guess i am just confused what you mean? all limas has are you tube highlights from 2006, marshall is the 3rd best in the league imo ..

dnt get me wrong, i would love to see it work out for limas, and i know you are big on the beast.. just confused ...

a big, physical guy who can stretch the field vertically and make big plays for us...I didn't say he'd be the next Brandon Marshall...I said he can be our Brandon Marshall and do the same types of things for us...He has all the potential to be a #1 reciever, he just needs to get his mind right...

strong D
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM
a big, physical guy who can stretch the field vertically and make big plays for us...I didn't say he'd be the next Brandon Marshall...I said he can be our Brandon Marshall and do the same types of things for us...He has all the potential to be a #1 reciever, he just needs to get his mind right...

im :crossfingers: hoping he can get his **** together this yr that would be a huge positive for us if he could figure it out

JollyRob68
04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
bye bye ted ginn jr, I was hoping for some positive news.

coldrolled
04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
bye bye ted ginn jr, I was hoping for some positive news.

so does this mean ginn is better than battle.

DanRooney
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
What do you know, for a 5th round pick too. A receiver and a punt returner that would have let us cut El and Battle. Steelers FO is clueless when it comes to FA.

LatrobePA
04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
What do you know, for a 5th round pick too. A receiver and a punt returner that would have let us cut El and Battle. Steelers FO is clueless when it comes to FA.

:yellowthumb:

JollyRob68
04-16-2010, 10:32 PM

I wouldnt cut either one. LETS GET TO THE DRAFT ALREADY.

Danger DANJ
04-16-2010, 10:37 PM
For a 5th round pick, I would of loved to see the Steelers get him. I'd love to know if the Steelers even offered anything. Let's just say they did offer a 5th just like the 49ers, I would guess the Dolphins would rather trade Ginn to the NFC. F'ing 49ers!

andyg1984
04-16-2010, 11:03 PM

yeah, it is all in his head imo, i'd be curious as to what steps he/FO is taking to work this out ...i have hated on sweed, but more as a coping mechanism for myself...

i guess the cool thing is with a mental illness is that it can make you stronger in the end as opposed to a bad knee or something .. i hope you and k are right on limas !