PDA

View Full Version : Boston attorney says he investigated another Roethlisberger incident

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/boston-attorney-says-he-investigated-another-roethlisberger-incident/

OMG!!!!!! you gotta be kidding me!!!

Boston attorney says he investigated another Roethlisberger incidentPosted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 11:13 AM ET
So with the possibility of a Georgia prosecution official gone and only a civil lawsuit in Nevada remaining, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can exhale and focus only on playing football and not barhopping, right?

Maybe not.

Boston lawyer Harry Manion told WEEI's Dennis & Callahan Show on Tuesday that Manion was involved in an investigation regarding another Big Ben incident.

Said Manion: "[T]here is a history here this is just super troubling."

Manion specifically referred to an incident from 2009, also in Nevada. "Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine and a close friend to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story," Manion said.

Manion believes that, if Roethlisberger ever is going to change his ways, the near miss in Georgia will be the impetus.

"Unless he's totally brain dead -- and we don't know -- he would be scared," Manion said. "Because he has really walked a perilous line here. There's a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience. And you know, there's only so far that he said/she said will get you. There's only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid. And there's only so far that, 'Gee, we're celebrities, we have a target on our back,' will get you. When you see this much smoke, month after month and continuously . . . . It's the scene that he's gotten himself caught up with, and the belief that he can walk, and so far, so good. But it's hurting him. He's hurt. He has been damaged. And the next one, the wrath of God's going to come down on him, if there is a next one."

It's compelling stuff, and we agree with Manion's take. That said, the guy has a set of large brass ones to talk about allegations that never were pursued in criminal or civil court. A certain degree of immunity applies to statement made in conjunction with official legal proceedings. Manion has placed himself at risk for a defamation claim, especially by suggesting that there are incidents beyond the Vegas case that he personally handled.

Then again, the primary injury in a defamation case occurs to the reputation of the plaintiff. Like Pacman Jones threatening to sue ESPN in early 2009 after the network released more information about an alleged Atlanta strip club shooting from 2007, Jones would be able to prove no damage to the manner in which any potential untruths harmed his reputation because his reputation already was horrendous.

Ben faces the same challenge. Suing Manion or anyone else who claims that he has a more extensive history of Milledgeville-style encounters would expose Roethlisberger's entire sexual history and his broader reputation to scrutiny. As Roger Clemens has learned the hard way, nothing good comes from that approach -- especially if hanging in the closet next the devil-face T-shirt is a collection of skeletons.

K Train
04-13-2010, 12:28 PM
lmao when i said i hope it happens again i didnt mean TODAY

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:29 PM
:hilarious:

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 12:43 PM

Holy crap you did!!! :spank:

lloydfan4life
04-13-2010, 12:50 PM

funny chit! :rofl:

K Train
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
they keep shooting these sex assault bullets at him and hes just dodging them like he has an oline in shambles in front of him and defenders chasing him all around but damnit he just keeps his eyes down field lol

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
they keep shooting these sex assault bullets at him and hes just dodging them like he has an oline in shambles in front of him and defenders chasing him all around but damnit he just keeps his eyes down field lol

Great analogy! :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 01:00 PM

LOL, knuckle head!!

The can of worms has been opened!!

lloydfan4life
04-13-2010, 01:09 PM
The words 'Super Ben' come to mind. :lol:

Big T
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
This really isn't anything...it's not another allegation from some girl...nothing will come if this...

K Train
04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
15 min of fame for a boston attorney no one cars about spouting BS innuendos

chisteeler
04-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone here knew Ben in High School, and how he behaved with the girls then? All tese stories and allegations and misconducts lead me to believe that Ben never got laid in H.S. Now he has all this money and prestige and he is just tarnishing his reputation. I mean the McNutty (sp.) woman in Nevada looks like an ugly version of Ben himself. And now all these night club sexcapades. Sounds like Ben needs to talk with Tiger.
Weird, just weird.

"Hey , I'm rich and I won the Super Bowl twice. Because of this, now I've lost all my common sense and want to bang anything that walks."

Bottom line is sounds like Ben has a bit of a Drinking problem and can't handle his booze.

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Small world, my sons 3rd grade teacher went to college with him, even had a group project with him (non orgy type), she said he was always partying....College thing!

I guess this is better than him playing spank your buddies meat like Brady Quinn did while in college.

Big T
04-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone here knew Ben in High School, and how he behaved with the girls then? All tese stories and allegations and misconducts lead me to believe that Ben never got laid in H.S. Now he has all this money and prestige and he is just tarnishing his reputation. I mean the McNutty (sp.) woman in Nevada looks like an ugly version of Ben himself. And now all these night club sexcapades. Sounds like Ben needs to talk with Tiger.
Weird, just weird.

"Hey , I'm rich and I won the Super Bowl twice. Because of this, now I've lost all my common sense and want to bang anything that walks."

Bottom line is sounds like Ben has a bit of a Drinking problem and can't handle his booze.

An ugly version of Ben himself? That would be Ben himself....Ben is one of the ugliest dudes I've ever seen....did you see that press conference yesterday? Yikes....

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
An ugly version of Ben himself? That would be Ben himself....Ben is one of the ugliest dudes I've ever seen....did you see that press conference yesterday? Yikes....

LMAO! He looks like a non-pu**y getting fool! But like in Porky's the movie (Meat), he got his nickname for a reason...Maybe??

SteelCityKid5
04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Report from Rachel Nichols Twitter: He showed up in NY today in a suit and had his hair cut.

There you go everyone! He finally cut his hair!!!!! I'm so excited! YAY

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Report from Rachel Nichols Twitter: He showed up in NY today in a suit and had his hair cut.

There you go everyone! He finally cut his hair!!!!! I'm so excited! YAY

LOL...Thanks for the update!

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Personally I think Ben should get on National TV and say...

"Look if there are any other biatches i've slept with that would like to try and sue me for money..please come forward now and get this over with before the season starts!!!"

Just a thought.....:thinking:

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Personally I think Ben should get on National TV and say...

"Look if there are any other biatches i've slept with that would like to try and sue me for money..please come forward now and get this over with before the season starts!!!"

Just a thought.....:thinking:

I'd go for it!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Big Ben slept with me....Now I want to get paid....

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 02:51 PM

I know right!!! Hire a good attorney and you will get your benjamins!!!! :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 02:51 PM

I'd let him smack me in the *** for 100k. I'm betting this 20yr old got some major coin that we'll never know about...

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd let him smack me in the *** for 100k. I'm betting this 20yr old got some major coin that we'll never know about...

Sorry to say you're NOT getting 100K for just a smack on the arse only buddy give up the goods!!! ! :rofl:

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry to say you're NOT getting 100K for just a smack on the arse only buddy give up the goods!!! ! :rofl:

Who said I'd have pants on?? :nono: ewww

Zachintosh66
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM

Yeah but you would let him :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Who said I'd have pants on?? :nono: ewww

You aint getting any money....sorry to tell you buddy! :thinking:

StillerLady1029
04-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Next he'll be saying he has a sex addiction. :lol:

Big T
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
No homo, but Ben looks SO much better with all that hair hacked off...thank god he got rid of that ****...

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 04:42 PM
You aint getting any money....sorry to tell you buddy! :thinking:

Well my dream is now crushed, thanks!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Yeah but you would let him :lol:

Good one...I set myself up for that.....:lol:

MattyVfromCT
04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/boston-attorney-says-he-investigated-another-roethlisberger-incident/

OMG!!!!!! you gotta be kidding me!!!

Boston attorney says he investigated another Roethlisberger incidentPosted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 11:13 AM ET
So with the possibility of a Georgia prosecution official gone and only a civil lawsuit in Nevada remaining, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can exhale and focus only on playing football and not barhopping, right?

Maybe not.

Boston lawyer Harry Manion told WEEI's Dennis & Callahan Show on Tuesday that Manion was involved in an investigation regarding another Big Ben incident.

Said Manion: "[T]here is a history here this is just super troubling."

Manion specifically referred to an incident from 2009, also in Nevada. "Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine and a close friend to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story," Manion said.

Manion believes that, if Roethlisberger ever is going to change his ways, the near miss in Georgia will be the impetus.

"Unless he's totally brain dead -- and we don't know -- he would be scared," Manion said. "Because he has really walked a perilous line here. There's a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience. And you know, there's only so far that he said/she said will get you. There's only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid. And there's only so far that, 'Gee, we're celebrities, we have a target on our back,' will get you. When you see this much smoke, month after month and continuously . . . . It's the scene that he's gotten himself caught up with, and the belief that he can walk, and so far, so good. But it's hurting him. He's hurt. He has been damaged. And the next one, the wrath of God's going to come down on him, if there is a next one."

It's compelling stuff, and we agree with Manion's take. That said, the guy has a set of large brass ones to talk about allegations that never were pursued in criminal or civil court. A certain degree of immunity applies to statement made in conjunction with official legal proceedings. Manion has placed himself at risk for a defamation claim, especially by suggesting that there are incidents beyond the Vegas case that he personally handled.

Then again, the primary injury in a defamation case occurs to the reputation of the plaintiff. Like Pacman Jones threatening to sue ESPN in early 2009 after the network released more information about an alleged Atlanta strip club shooting from 2007, Jones would be able to prove no damage to the manner in which any potential untruths harmed his reputation because his reputation already was horrendous.

Ben faces the same challenge. Suing Manion or anyone else who claims that he has a more extensive history of Milledgeville-style encounters would expose Roethlisberger's entire sexual history and his broader reputation to scrutiny. As Roger Clemens has learned the hard way, nothing good comes from that approach -- especially if hanging in the closet next the devil-face T-shirt is a collection of skeletons.

mike florio wrote this article. enough said. until i see this in a credible news source, as opposed to pft, the national enquirer of nfl talk, with the king of steeler hating douchebags, mike florio writing it, i can't take it serious.

not to mention the fact that we never heard of this before, despite the fact that this happened in 2009. it's just some idiot lawyer trying to get publicity. i love the "month after month" line. he's been accused twice, a good 8-9 months in between allegations. yeah, that's "month after month after month" alright. i am disgusted with ben's actions, but this is some idiot hack lawyer trying to get publicity

--- Added 4/13/2010 at 03:58 PM ---

No homo, but Ben looks SO much better with all that hair hacked off...thank god he got rid of that ****...

LMAO!

steelersbabex25
04-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I think you'd have a better chance at getting money if you take the fall for Holmes throwing a glass in a girls face. Lord knows how much that guy got paid..

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
mike florio wrote this article. enough said. until i see this in a credible news source, as opposed to pft, the national enquirer of nfl talk, with the king of steeler hating douchebags, mike florio writing it, i can't take it serious.

not to mention the fact that we never heard of this before, despite the fact that this happened in 2009. it's just some idiot lawyer trying to get publicity. i love the "month after month" line. he's been accused twice, a good 8-9 months in between allegations. yeah, that's "month after month after month" alright. i am disgusted with ben's actions, but this is some idiot hack lawyer trying to get publicity

--- Added 4/13/2010 at 03:58 PM ---

LMAO!

That's exactly what it is; next thing you know my 2nd grade teacher will be coming forth with a statement that she was getting free drinks from Ben in a former life after she tutored him in sex education! :bunny:

HUNT4SEVEN
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM

:lol: Good One...i hope this is all Bs...

SteelerSteve
04-14-2010, 04:57 AM
lol Ben didn't sleep with me...he straight up raped me

Steel Impact
04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Every one will come out now claiming **** this is getting really out of hand. The funny thing is Ray lewis did much worse. Why do I have a bad feeling this is not going to be the end for Ben and Steelers will be force to do something.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-14-2010, 10:09 AM
closing this one to redirect to the new thread where this lame *** lawyer is suddenly recanting his claims..

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24491