PDA

View Full Version : Why trade Santonio Holmes??

Peeky56
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Why trade Santonio Holmes?? He is one of the best players in the league. He is comparable to Hines Ward and Larry Fitzgerald.

Such a shame for the Steelers to lose such a great player!!:cursin::evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 12:47 PM
A couple reasons....

1. He wasn't going to resign with the team anyway...

2. He already was suspended for 4 games this upcoming season....Next time he pisses dirty or misses a test its an 8 game suspension then a whole season after that....With Holme's track record I don't think he is going to stop anytime soon...lol

3. Steelers probably were going to cut Holmes anyway.....

I really liked Holmes and wanted to be resigned.....But the writing was on the wall and the Steelers felt they had to move him before things got worse......

Lets just say the Steelers would have gave Holmes a fat new contract and he popped next year for weed........8 game suspension yea that would have been money well spent...lol

JollyRob68
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
A couple reasons....

1. He wasn't going to resign with the team anyway...

2. He already was suspended for 4 games this upcoming season....Next time he pisses dirty or misses a test its an 8 game suspension then a whole season after that....With Holme's track record I don't think he is going to stop anytime soon...lol

3. Steelers probably were going to cut Holmes anyway.....

I really liked Holmes and wanted to be resigned.....But the writing was on the wall and the Steelers felt they had to move him before things got worse......

Lets just say the Steelers would have gave Holmes a fat new contract and he popped next year for weed........8 game suspension yea that would have been money well spent...lol

Next time it a year suspension and now its coming out that he wasn't a good teammate,was late to meetings and its obvious he has a problem with the Sticky Iky. He will be out of the league soon. What a waste of talent if that happens.
People are pissed(i was too) that The Steelers only got a 5th. Well, they had no leverage because everyone knew Holmes was getting suspended for 4 games.
Yes, The Steelers were going to cut him if they didnt get anything for him.
I'm surprised they haven't rescinded the franchise tag on Jeff Reed.

scudmissile29
04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
He wasn't one of the best recievers in the game lol.

Overrated just because of that big catch, that's all.

Only had 1 1000 yard season.

Im betting he wont get it again with Sanchez at the helm

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Im betting he wont get it again with Sanchez at the helm

Hell no, certainly not this season, 12 games...Jets were the #1 rushing team in the league that throws the ball very little. He don't stand a chance, plus Dirty sucks!!

steelerfan11
04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Why trade Santonio Holmes?? He is one of the best players in the league. He is comparable to Hines Ward and Larry Fitzgerald.

Such a shame for the Steelers to lose such a great player!!:cursin::evilshake:

First of all what does this have to do with the draft and why is it in the WR?

now to compare Holmes to Fitzgerald is just stupid. Fitzgerald is in another league compared to Holmes.

Why do people think Holmes is soo great? I have now heard that Holmes is one of the best in the NFL and the best WR to ever wear a Steelers uniform. Really???

DanRooney
04-13-2010, 04:15 PM
First of all what does this have to do with the draft and why is it in the WR?

now to compare Holmes to Fitzgerald is just stupid. Fitzgerald is in another league compared to Holmes.

Why do people think Holmes is soo great? I have now heard that Holmes is one of the best in the NFL and the best WR to ever wear a Steelers uniform. Really???

Because he was a very CLUTCH receiver. He made a lot of big plays when our backs were against the wall. Just off the top of my head:

1) His rookie season sending the Bengals home in OT for a 60+ yard TD
2) A huge TD against the Jags in the '07 playoffs where we were down by 2 or 3 TDs
3) The punt return for a TD in the playoffs against the Chargers to put us back at 7-7
4) The 60 yard TD against the Ravens to take a favorable lead in the AFC Championship
5) The entire final drive, not just the TD, of the Super bowl

StlersGuy
04-13-2010, 04:18 PM
this is Pittsburgh football players come and players go... over the years we have always done it this way and I have got use to it.. I dont like it at times however it seems to work out for us and that to me is all that matters.

Stlersguysgirl
04-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Not happy either that he is leaving after all he is part of the reason we won our 6th Super Bowl but wish him well I am sure someone else will step up and be just as good as him.

75Steeler
04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't compare Tone to Fitzgerald but I will say that for a small man he made himself a large target in a bunch of situations when we needed him. I wish things were different and we still had him. Thanks for the memories Tone!

steelcitysfinestXL
04-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Think back to when we let Burress go in FA... he was an under achiever early who came on at the end of his contract. He wanted a ton of cash (and got it) and the Steelers didnt think he was worth it. He was immature, lacked consistant focus and had character questions (not as big as Holmes did as a steeler though) So he goes to NY has some success... and the rest is HISTORY... he is spending his football prime playing in the prison yard. Meanwhile, we won a SB the next season with Cedrick Wilson replacing him!!

Holmes is gone, hate it or love it! i am a huge fan of his... but he had to go. At least we got a 5th rounder for him, better than letting him go in FA next season.