PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers were smart...

Troyisabeast_43
04-13-2010, 12:07 AM
And looking ahead down the road which Im sure they already are, they will begin the process of getting Dennis Dixon ready to be the starting QB the first few games of the season come September. Ben is going to get suspended fellas whether anybody likes it or not. He will not get away from all of this whether it be from Goodell or the Rooney's without paying some sort of price and facing some sort of punishment. Rooney's statement today said it all and I get the feeling while he was completely fed up with Holmes to let him go that Ben is walking a pretty fine line and is not too far behind him. If Im the Steelers or Goodell personally I suspend Ben 4 games instead of 2 and make him lose gameday checks for each of those games.

I just do not trust Ben anymore or his judgement and I feel if he gets off with no punishment at all that he is arrogant enough and stupid enough to yet again put himself in position once more for something like this to take place. The bottom line is once again if Tomlin is smart him and the staff had better start preparing for Dixon to be the man the first few games of this season because it most likely is going to be the scenario the Steelers will be facing.

Zachintosh66
04-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah i Agree, from Art's Statement it seemed like he was saying if Goodell doesnt suspend him we will... hopefully its only 1-2 tho

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
The Steelers aren't stupid enough to suspend him for 4 games, and I'm pretty certain the NFL won't go that far either. They'll slap him with a 2 game suspension at the most and enroll in league mandated counseling and issue a stern warning to knock it off and fly right.

As far as Dixon goes, I'm quite certain they'll make sure he's ready to go if/when Ben has to sit for a game or 2.

Real Deal Steel
04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
I don't know. On one hand, the suspension would be a good thing. On the other hand, the man has never been charged with anything. So I don't know if Goodall will or won't.

Regardless, he will be in private consultation with Goodall and I"m sure he is going to let Ben have it!!

SteelCityKid5
04-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Am I the first to get blocked from a thread? Seriously?

On relation to the topic, Rooney will slap one or two on Ben

Real Deal Steel
04-13-2010, 12:34 AM
The Steelers aren't stupid enough to suspend him for 4 games, and I'm pretty certain the NFL won't go that far either. They'll slap him with a 2 game suspension at the most and enroll in league mandated counseling and issue a stern warning to knock it off and fly right.

As far as Dixon goes, I'm quite certain they'll make sure he's ready to go if/when Ben has to sit for a game or 2.

I really want to see what those first two games of the season are now.

Troyisabeast_43
04-13-2010, 12:42 AM
I really want to see what those first two games of the season are now.

When the hell does the NFL schedule come out?? It's 10 days before the draft and still no schedule out. This is the latest I can remember the schedule being released this far into April...The NFL Network says the NFL Schedule release show is coming soon but does not have a date yet. It could be as early as tomorrow night as some reports have said so we will just have to wait and see I guess.

LarryNJ
04-13-2010, 06:23 AM

I don't think he'll be suspended at all. I think that they'll do the counseling thing and throw out the "we're trying to give Ben everything that we can to help him" angle.

Every back up QB in the league is one play away from being the starter. They all are prepared for it.

coldrolled
04-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I don't think he'll be suspended at all. I think that they'll do the counseling thing and throw out the "we're trying to give Ben everything that we can to help him" angle.

Every back up QB in the league is one play away from being the starter. They all are prepared for it.

Correct, if they suspend him they are saying the courts are wrong and ben is guilty of sometime illegal...

or maybe they will suspend him and tell the fans that he is just a dumb fcuk and we had to suspend him... counseling for what? chasing girls.. drinking class like, dont drink at bars counseling.

maybe he needs to goto a finishing school to learn how to act like he has 100 mil.
:grin1:

cmerrifield
04-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Correct, if they suspend him they are saying the courts are wrong and ben is guilty of sometime illegal...

or maybe they will suspend him and tell the fans that he is just a dumb fcuk and we had to suspend him... counseling for what? chasing girls.. drinking class like, dont drink at bars counseling.

maybe he needs to goto a finishing school to learn how to act like he has 100 mil.
:grin1:

I disagree, they will still suspend him, not because the courts are wrong, but that because the NFL personal conduct policy states that playing for the NFL is a privledge and players need to hold themselves to a higher standard. Ben needs to stop putting himself in ugly situations.

LarryNJ
04-13-2010, 10:20 AM
I disagree, they will still suspend him, not because the courts are wrong, but that because the NFL personal conduct policy states that playing for the NFL is a privledge and players need to hold themselves to a higher standard. Ben needs to stop putting himself in ugly situations.

The more I think about it the more I'm starting to believe that they (NFL) will suspend him. Can anyone think of someone who has been suspended for something similar or less? I can't, if they do suspend him watch the union jump to his rescue. It will be a good time for Smith to make a name for himself and cover Bens ***. Especially since he will probably have to make huge concesssions in the next CBA.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-13-2010, 10:29 AM
The more I think about it the more I'm starting to believe that they (NFL) will suspend him. Can anyone think of someone who has been suspended for something similar or less? I can't, if they do suspend him watch the union jump to his rescue. It will be a good time for Smith to make a name for himself and cover Bens ***. Especially since he will probably have to make huge concesssions in the next CBA.

I BELIEVE, Michael Vick and Adam Pacman Jones were suspended indefinately before they were even convicted for "conduct detrimental [spelling] to the NFL". I think the Rooneys will suspend him regardless of what Goddell does. If he goes one or two games, i think the Rooneys will got one or two more just to show THEY have "higher standards"... I believe the Rooneys are really gonna be trying to hammer that home in the near future!!!

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM
"Although cleared of any sexual assault charges, he faces the possibility of a league or team suspension for violating the code of conduct policy"

cmerrifield
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I am not sure it will be 4 games, that seems high considering the DA dropped charges due to inconsistency in the girls stories. I do think it will be 2 games, a fine, somesort of counseling situation and community service of some kind.

chisteeler
04-13-2010, 11:33 AM
I think the Rooneys will suspend him for the one thing that we have all overlooked. He was contributing (alcohol) to the delinquency of a minor. Yes the girl is legally an adult and probably was stamped underage, but she is still not old enough to legally drink. This is the angle I think the Rooneys take, yet they'll make a statement through the FO that he is receiving counselling and a 1-2 game suspension.

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Something happened in that bathroom, not enough to throw a red flag but something went down (no pun intended)...Hearing the detailed ER report shows there was some kind of contact. I'm not buying the he's innocent crap, he deserves a suspension if not more IMO.

Now the selfish Steelers fan inside me says no don't suspend him, but that will not be the case. I'm betting at least 2 games if not 4...

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
This code of conduct is really getting out of hand.......I bet 60-70 percent of NFL players do what Ben did in Georgia.....Lets just suspend 60-70 percent of the league?.......If this was the 1960's this wouldn't even be an issue.....

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 11:59 AM
60-70% of the league is a huge stretch, but lets say your'e right. Is that 60-70% the face of a franchise? A 100MIL QB?? More than likely NO...Not trying to start a pissing match but it's just not the same....

tburg68
04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't get the whole suspending Ben thing. For what? They will have to come out and say what it was he did that deserves suspension.

How many games did Stallworth get for killing someone?

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't get the whole suspending Ben thing. For what? They will have to come out and say what it was he did that deserves suspension.

How many games did Stallworth get for killing someone?

16 :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
60-70% of the league is a huge stretch, but lets say your'e right. Is that 60-70% the face of a franchise? A 100MIL QB?? More than likely NO...Not trying to start a pissing match but it's just not the same....

You don't think the majority of NFL players are going out and getting drunk/laid?.........Ben isn't married or has any kids....................Ben also wasn't doing lines of coke off a hooker's breast........I guess I just don't think Ben hooking up with chicks is a big deal......In Ben's best interest he would be better hooking up with celebrities or Super Models....But with the way Ben is looking these days no wonder why he can only hook up with only bar chicks....lol

The great Babe Ruth who is one of the most idolized athletes in American sports history was a bigger womanizer then Ben....... I just think this whole code of conduct is getting out of hand.......

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
You don't think the majority of NFL players are going out and getting drunk/laid?.........Ben isn't married or has any kids....................Ben also wasn't doing lines of coke off a hooker's breast........I guess I just don't think Ben hooking up with chicks is a big deal......In Ben's best interest he would be better hooking up with celebrities or Super Models....But with the way Ben is looking these days no wonder why he can only hook up with only bar chicks....lol

The great Babe Ruth who is one of the most idolized athletes in American sports history was a bigger womanizer then Ben....... I just think this whole code of conduct is getting out of hand.......

agreed

LarryNJ
04-13-2010, 12:45 PM
I just think this whole code of conduct is getting out of hand.......

Yes it is out of hand but that's the way it is today. I look for an appeal and a fight from the union and or Bens attorneys if the suspension comes from the NFL. If the Rooneys suspend him I look for Ben to accept it and move on.

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 12:49 PM

True, but I guess for some reason I hold him to a higher standard being the face of this team...

Miller83
04-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Not forgetting that Ben led us to 2 great SB victories, but I am all for Dennis Dixon getting a shot. Eventually, Ben's partying will hurt him during the season at some point, so cut it off before it gets to that is my opinion.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 12:50 PM
QUOTE=LarryNJ;341640]Yes it is out of hand but that's the way it is today. I look for an appeal and a fight from the union and or Bens attorneys if the suspension comes from the NFL. If the Rooneys suspend him I look for Ben to accept it and move on.[/QUOTE]

Well if Roger suspends Ben then I don't know what the union can really do......Roger is the dictator of the NFL and his word is final.......I would expect the players union to fight a team suspension though....I don't think Ben should be suspended at all...But that is just my opinion.....

JollyRob68
04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I think Goddell should suspend him 1 game and The Steelers should suspend him 1 game. I think a 2 Game suspension should wake Ben up and The Steelers should let BEn know they're going to entertain any trade offers and do whats best for the organization. THAT SHOULD PUT BEN ON THE STRAIGHT & NARROW.
PS CALM DOWN PEOPLE I SAID TELL BEN THEY'LL ENTERTAIN ANY TRADE OFFERS NOT ACTUALLY EXCEPT ONE. BUT IF SEATTLE GAVE UP BOTH 1ST ROUNDERS OR ST LOUIS A 1ST & 2ND BYE BYE BEN.

Sir Blitzelot
04-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I think Goddell should suspend him 1 game and The Steelers should suspend him 1 game. I think a 2 Game suspension should wake Ben up and The Steelers should let BEn know they're going to entertain any trade offers and do whats best for the organization. THAT SHOULD PUT BEN ON THE STRAIGHT & NARROW.
PS CALM DOWN PEOPLE I SAID TELL BEN THEY'LL ENTERTAIN ANY TRADE OFFERS NOT ACTUALLY EXCEPT ONE. BUT IF SEATTLE GAVE UP BOTH 1ST ROUNDERS OR ST LOUIS A 1ST & 2ND BYE BYE BEN.

I respect your opinion, but I would in no way even entertain trades for Ben. Listen, I understand that everyone is upset and frustrated by the all of this. But, let's not forget all of the good that Ben has brought to this franchise... including the two Lombardi's that he helped add to the trophy case. Whether you want to believe it or not, Ben is going to go down as one of the best ever... and I would not be so quick to cut the cord.

DanRooney
04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
For god's sake Dennis Dixon sucks

scudmissile29
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM

and you suck as a fan even more. asswipe

tburg68
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
and you suck as a fan even more. asswipe

You on the other hand are a class act. LOL

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
EZ fellas!

V_83
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM

Why? I like the guy. If it wasn't for super conservative play calling he would have beat the Ravens. He was in the Heisman hunt before tearing his ACL in college. What's wrong with him?

coldrolled
04-13-2010, 04:57 PM

hes the best second stinger in the league with the most upside then all of them.

LatrobePA
04-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the skinny bastard too!

steelers25
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
i want ben out he is a aragant buttmunch just dont care for him