PDA

View Full Version : So, which teams other than the Steelers are you going to cheer for from now on?

DBR96A
04-12-2010, 10:52 PM
You're all so disgusted with the Steelers now, so find another team to cheer for -- and stick with 'em forever.

And spare me the "tough love" **** before it even begins. If half the comments I've seen on this website today are tough love, then do me a favor and don't have kids.

K Train
04-12-2010, 11:14 PM
the DEEEEETROIT lions

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 11:19 PM
You're all so disgusted with the Steelers now, so find another team to cheer for -- and stick with 'em forever.

And spare me the "tough love" **** before it even begins. If half the comments I've seen on this website today are tough love, then do me a favor and don't have kids.

Jets, jets, jets -J__E__T__S - jets, jets, jets!!

K Train
04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
yeah them too, a bunch of my favorite players jumbled onto one team

SteelCityKid5
04-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I tend to agree with this thread. One trade and it's like vorld var 3 started. We can't even go through the offseason without over reaction Monday happening.

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 11:25 PM
vorld var 3 started

Come on dude, wtf is that?? Did the cat bite onto your sack while typing this classic?

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Come on dude, wtf is that?? Did the cat bite onto your sack while typing this classic?

I'm going out on a limb here but I think he was using his German voice when typing that....lol

SteelCityKid5
04-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Its called an accent. Apparently, you arent too bright to comprehend that.
Also, who comes up with a specific scenario as to a cat biting a nut sack? This brings to my attention that you have had a fantasy including a cat and balls.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 09:30 PM ---

I'm going out on a limb here but I think he was using his German voice when typing that....lol

Thank you

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Its called an accent moron. Apparently, you arent too bright to comprehend that.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 09:30 PM ---

Thank you

no problem bro...I cracked up when reading that......I'm a history buff and love studying World War II.........

Captcoolhand
04-12-2010, 11:34 PM
:lol::popcorn:

K Train
04-12-2010, 11:37 PM
wait til you see me on over reaction thursday night, friday all day, saturday all day and then sunday for sure.

then for the next 365 days probably

this trade wasnt over reacted...all bitchin is jusitifed

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
THE STEELERS S FLOATS AND IF IT FLOATS LONG ENOUGH IT WILL GO DOWN RIVER TO SIN SA NASTY.

strong D
04-12-2010, 11:42 PM
dude u have to understand some ppl put the steelers 2nd in their life right behind family so when something like this happens ppl are going to show their disgust it stings a little

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Its called an accent. Apparently, you arent too bright to comprehend that.
Also, who comes up with a specific scenario as to a cat biting a nut sack? This brings to my attention that you have had a fantasy including a cat and balls.
[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=Gray]

I never said nut sack, just sack...And I sure as hell would of never butchered the spelling of World War II (W and V are not even close on the keyboard)!! So I'm not sure if I'd be calling others stupid...

With that said it's all in good fun, take it personal if need be!!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm upset Holmes is gone....But growing up a Steelers fan in the 90s I was use to players coming and going all the time.......Its the nature of the beast.....Nothing we can do about it......

Funny thing is people bash the Steelers for trading Holmes but they don't fault Holmes at all here......He wasn't going to resign with the team.......Of course being charged of rape is more serious then smoking weed but still Ben was cleared and Holmes was suspended for four games already........The next time it will be 8 games and then a full season after that.....We all know Holmes probably isn't going to quit wake n baking anytime soon...lol

I like Holmes and wanted him resigned and I really have no problem with weed.....But Hitler oh I mean Roger Goodell does and has been harsh on players on substance abuse.........Steelers hand was forced with Holmes and it had nothing do with the image of the Steelers.....That is just fluff for the media and the fans that care about moral conduct of the players....

jcloss23
04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
This is a really sad post, people are upset that we gave up our biggest play maker of the past for a 5th round pick when he is worth a 1st when not in trouble. People are going to be upset yea but that's because they love this franchise. If people had no emotion about this, whether its good or bad, then they are saints fans right now

SteelCityKid5
04-12-2010, 11:55 PM
I never said nut sack, just sack...And I sure as hell would of never butchered the spelling of World War II (W and V are not even close on the keyboard)!! So I'm not sure if I'd be calling others stupid...

With that said it's all in good fun, take it personal if need be!!

Hahaha are you kidding me? Are you like seriously joking...are you this slow? Dude, I said it was an accent, which completely negates your W and V on the keyboard comment. So you basically just made fun of yourself again by telling me not to call others stupid. I could also call out how in your first post you said "your sack" and then in your second you said "I never said nut sack just sack". What other sack, as a guy do I have haha? Here here... in Layman's Terms (making it simpler for people who can't comprehend things)... I'm making fun of you.

^^ take it for what its worth, all in good fun and honesty

Real Deal Steel
04-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Our team is part of the NFL like everybody else. And things like this were bound to happen to us sooner or later. The good thing is that management has sent a message that we won't tolerate this type of behavior.

Unlike other ballclubs who keep dealing with idiots, we've shown we won't.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2010, 02:11 AM
As a fan u have every right to voice your opinion and complain. It doesntmean you aren't still a fan of the team. I will always be a Steelers fan but I don't have to agree with everything they do. I think it still think its a bad move, end of story.

Big T
04-13-2010, 02:17 AM
The Cleveland Browns baby!!! the greatest franchise in the NFL...we have the Mangenius and the Walrus...Superbowl here we come :stirpot:....

--- Added 4/13/2010 at 12:13 AM ---

As a fan u have every right to voice your opinion and complain. It doesntmean you aren't still a fan of the team. I will always be a Steelers fan but I don't have to agree with everything they do.

:plus1:

--- Added 4/13/2010 at 12:17 AM ---

wait til you see me on over reaction thursday night, friday all day, saturday all day and then sunday for sure.

then for the next 365 days probably

this trade wasnt over reacted...all bitchin is jusitifed

Im preparing for the worst...Im going in expecting a horrible draft, hoping that even if we have a mediocre draft I will be happy...It wont work though, something will get broken...I just have the worst feeling about this draft:evilshake:

LarryNJ
04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
As a fan u have every right to voice your opinion and complain. It doesntmean you aren't still a fan of the team.

Voice your opinion, that's what a fan does. About a trade or BA's play calling it's good to get it out.

The part that's unnecessary (although very comical) is all the personal attacks that have come out on here the last 36 hours. Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you doesn't make them stupid or an A**hole and it certainly doesn't make you smart.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Completely agree; let's make sure we call remember that everyone has the right to thier own opinion. It doesn't make you right or wrong, anymore than it does the person who's opinion differs from yours.

As fans we all know we reserve the right to complain and carry; it's part of being a fan and what makes a place like this so great. Voice your opinion, stick to your guns, and have fun debating it. I personally don't agree with the move, I think it stinks, but know not everyone shares that opionion so make sure you don't chastise someone else because they feel differently :yellowthumb:

And let's make sure we're clear here; most of this board is not upset just because Holmes isn't here anymore. We are upset that the team let him go with virtually no compensation in return. I said in one of the early posts after I first read about him being traded, that Im not so upset that he's gone but that we got nothing in return for him. A 5th round pick? please, you might as well have given him away.

Regardless I don't think they should have traded him but it is what is now, and personally I think it was a bad move.

Zachintosh66
04-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Agreed Gun and Larry other than that this thread is garbage

lloydfan4life
04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
THE STEELERS S FLOATS AND IF IT FLOATS LONG ENOUGH IT WILL GO DOWN RIVER TO SIN SA NASTY.

:wtf: did you just say? :scratch:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
This thread is garbage... i like the original messege but after that it went down hill fast. I agree with the original poster: is that it "seems" some of your true colors have been shining through this offseason. Im not thrilled about Ben constantly getting into "situations", Holmes smoking his way to the NYJ or a non playoff season... but what do YOU want the Rooneys/Tomlin and Colbert to do about it???

I esp. love the people who say "this never would have happened if Cowher/Noll" were coach... PLEASE! Did you forget Cowher drafted these guys? Im not questioning anyones fan-hood. You have the right to "BASH" the team/organization if you wish... just be prepared to be disagreed with by me, and dont get all salty when it happens.

Call me a homer or whatever but a lil drama and shake up may be just what this team needs to bounce back.

1.They were LOADED with talent last season and lost to the worst teams in the league to miss the playoffs. It wasnt personel... so losing Holmes for the 12 games he would have been a steeler shouldnt hurt that badly. Get over it!

2. This team, in every phase, has something to prove. We should all know by now, this team plays better as a underdog... with a chip on their shoulder. Well they have a legit beef now. CIN got better, BAL got better, we had a TERRIBLE offseason in the eyes of most of you, the franchise has a black eye and to top it all off, we had ANOTHER SB hangover after we swore we wouldnt... we're gonna be picked by NO ONE to win the AFCN or prob make the playoffs at all. That should be all the ammo they need!

K Train
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
lol i think my true colors have been apparent forever. this team is slowly being run into the ground and being set back years after such a promising decade. wasting not only draft picks, but damn near entire classes.

steelers imo have always been good at building through the draft, but have sucked at everything else...free agency and what not, but lately they have been awful in both. i dont want to say they are gonna be buried at the bottom of the divison under this tomlin/colbert duo fiasco, but these 2 ****ing suck together.

also note that i never liked cowher and im not saying hes a better coach at all because he was a terrible gameplanner and played guys he liked not the guy that should have been playing but i dont remember ever being so pissed over a cowher draft pick. even if he held that player back for years it was usually a good pick. thats just how i feel and i will continue to throw this team management under a bus until they take steps forward instead of back. winning 2 superbowls a few years ago wont mean anything this decade if they get pounded into the turf

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
....please.....it's always the Steelers.

Can't win a SB or even the division every year folks. Even the best has bad seasons for many different reasons. Real fans stick with their team. And usually, bitch the loudest as they do! :yellowthumb: :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM

SANTONIO......IS THAT YOU??????

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 12:31 PM
lol i think my true colors have been apparent forever. this team is slowly being run into the ground and being set back years after such a promising decade. wasting not only draft picks, but damn near entire classes.

steelers imo have always been good at building through the draft, but have sucked at everything else...free agency and what not, but lately they have been awful in both. i dont want to say they are gonna be buried at the bottom of the divison under this tomlin/colbert duo fiasco, but these 2 ****ing suck together.

also note that i never liked cowher and im not saying hes a better coach at all because he was a terrible gameplanner and played guys he liked not the guy that should have been playing but i dont remember ever being so pissed over a cowher draft pick. even if he held that player back for years it was usually a good pick. thats just how i feel and i will continue to throw this team management under a bus until they take steps forward instead of back. winning 2 superbowls a few years ago wont mean anything this decade if they get pounded into the turf

You don't remember Troy Edwards?....You know damn well I'm still pissed about that one....lol

How old were you in 1996?.....Jamain Stephens was the Steelers first round pick that year and probably top three worst picks in team history.......

Troy Edwards and Jamain Stephens were far worse pick then Ziggy Hood Ktrain..........

Winning two Super Bowls will never diminish for me.....I remember all the pain and heart break year after year with this team......The 1994 AFC title loss to the Chargers probably was worst for me and of course Super Bowl XXX......

All I heard for years from my Grandpa and Uncles on how they compared every Steeler team to the Steel Curtain...Bradshaw this, Franco that, Lambert was a beast, Swann and Stallworth, Blount, Ham, Russell, Mean Joe, LC....blah blah blah blah.........They always said we will never have those glory years back.....Was such a special time which drove me nuts.....

So finally when the Steelers did win a couple Super Bowls..... I finally could say yea I have seen a Steelers team win a Super Bowl now STFU about the Steel Curtain....lol

Miller83
04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
I WILL NEVER CHEER FOR ANYONE BUT THE STEELERS. I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD! I have no problem with trading Holmes; great player, but not very dependable. The Jets aren't any better with him than they were without him in my opinion. What I had a problem with is what they got in return. A 5th round pick? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I'm worth a 5th round pick. Well, maybe not, but you get the point. Goodbye and good riddance to Holmes!

K Train
04-13-2010, 01:31 PM
You don't remember Troy Edwards?....You know damn well I'm still pissed about that one....lol

How old were you in 1996?.....Jamain Stephens was the Steelers first round pick that year and probably top three worst picks in team history.......

Troy Edwards and Jamain Stephens were far worse pick then Ziggy Hood Ktrain..........

Winning two Super Bowls will never diminish for me.....I remember all the pain and heart break year after year with this team......The 1994 AFC title loss to the Chargers probably was worst for me and of course Super Bowl XXX......

All I heard for years from my Grandpa and Uncles on how they compared every Steeler team to the Steel Curtain...Bradshaw this, Franco that, Lambert was a beast, Swann and Stallworth, Blount, Ham, Russell, Mean Joe, LC....blah blah blah blah.........They always said we will never have those glory years back.....Was such a special time which drove me nuts.....

So finally when the Steelers did win a couple Super Bowls..... I finally could say yea I have seen a Steelers team win a Super Bowl now STFU about the Steel Curtain....lol

at the very least joey porter and aaron smith came out of the troy edwards class....porter is one of my all time favorites and i firmly believe aaron smith is the best 34DE in the league.

i was 7 when jemaine stephens was drafted lol

ziggy hood might not be the worst pick EVER but urbik, hood, shipley, summers, harris, lewis and burnett all have a bigger chance of being nothing than something imo, thank god for wallace

steelcitysfinestXL
04-13-2010, 02:56 PM

You can be mad about the draft, and i understand... but i really dont see how we draft any different under cowher (even pre Colbert) than we do under tomlin/colbert. I still think we build well through the draft and in due time, this regime will produce as many starters through the draft as in the past.

Lewis, Burnet, Hood, Urbick, Harris, Hills, Legursky, Mundy, Sweed and others are all guys who will be competing to move up the depth chart and add to this team of vets. Not one of these guys is going to be expected to start this season. But all should play some role on this team (with the exceptions of maybe Hills and Harris).

I dont see us "getting pounded into the turf" for multiple reasons:
1. Franchise QB (i know, i know lol)
2. young offense (qb/rb/ol/te)
3. a defense that, when healthy, is ready to win NOW!

:clap:

K Train
04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
pounded into the turf refers to future years if we continue the downward spiral were on

Black@Gold Forever32
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
at the very least joey porter and aaron smith came out of the troy edwards class....porter is one of my all time favorites and i firmly believe aaron smith is the best 34DE in the league.

i was 7 when jemaine stephens was drafted lol

ziggy hood might not be the worst pick EVER but urbik, hood, shipley, summers, harris, lewis and burnett all have a bigger chance of being nothing than something imo, thank god for wallace

Yes you're correct they did draft Porter and Smith in the Troy Edwards class...those were home runs but they were lucky to.....Not as many teams used a 3-4 defense in 1999 and it was easier for the Steelers to find 3-4 DE gems like an Aaron Smith.........I think we have been an agreement on Smith for years now...Of course he is the best 3-4 DE.....Same goes for Porter the Steelers had an easier time finding college DE that could make the transition to OLB due to the fact not as many teams didn't run a 3-4......

Do I agree the Steelers need to do a better job on the second day of the draft......Colbert and the Steelers scouting has done horrible on the second day of the draft the last 5 or so years......

steelers25
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
why the feek would you even think about cheering for another team