View Full Version : Roethlisberger's official statement to the press

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
ben will make a statement at 7pm est on espn news 2nite

steelersbabex25
04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 06:08 PM ---

Ew..this may sound superficial..but Ben has let himself go since his rookie year. Bleh.

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 07:10 PM
what was up with ben and the MULLET? lmao. god. and they just had bradshaw on and he said that ben got pissed at him when he told him not to ride the motorcycle. that ben doesn't like him and that he's learning to not like ben.

steelersbabex25
04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
what was up with ben and the MULLET? lmao. god. and they just had bradshaw on and he said that ben got pissed at him when he told him not to ride the motorcycle. that ben doesn't like him and that he's learning to not like ben.

I was extremely surprised that Bradshaw came out and said that. I mean, I don't doubt it for a second, it was just very surprising to me.

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I was extremely surprised that Bradshaw came out and said that. I mean, I don't doubt it for a second, it was just very surprising to me.

i don't blame terry. from what i've heard, ben comes off as a cocky, arrogant jerk. great quarterback but not somebody for kids to look up to. if i had kids they wouldn't be wearing ben jerseys. polamalu. that guy is a class act on top of being an amazing player. that being said, i like ben as a player but not as a person. i'll still cheer for him on sundays but i'm not in a hurry to wear his jersey now even though i have 3. the details that came out from the DA make him look guilty of something. he definitely took advantage of the girl, wheter it was rape or not and it pisses me off

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Transcript of Ben's statement..

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-Roethlisberger-Statement/c2caa5a4-cdcb-4039-a309-f78dae110af1

Ben Roethlisberger Statement

Posted 29 minutes ago

I'd like to begin by expressing gratitude for the thorough investigation process in Georgia and the Prosecutor's decision not to bring charges. I know without a doubt it is the right conclusion. I don't intend to discuss any details related to the events in Georgia. I am happy to put this behind me and move forward.

I am truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I have brought to my family, my teammates and coaches, the Rooneys and the NFL. I understand that the opportunities I have been blessed with are a privilege, and that much is expected of me as the quarterback of Pittsburgh Steelers. I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust, and I am committed to improving and showing everyone my true values.

I am excited to get back to work with my teammates, and I am more determined than ever to have a great season. I intend to make my family, friends and the Steeler Nation proud on all fronts.

Thank you. God Bless!

Troyisabeast_43
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
From the looks and sounds of everything said today by Art Rooney in the statement he made it's pretty clear that Ben is going to be suspended for at least 2 games if not by Roger Goodell then the Steelers organization themselves. Ed Bouchette the Steelers Beat Writer who is usually very accurate with information confirmed this as well on the local news tonight saying that he expects Ben to be suspended by either the commissioner or the Rooney's themselves. Ive got no problem with this at all as Ive said before. It's no coincidence that they shipped Holmes out the same day that Ben comes out and makes a statement for the first time. I think it's Rooney's way of sending Ben a strong message that states either get your **** together or you will be next. Art Rooney sounds really ticked off about all of this and if Ben does one more stupid thing here anytime soon or anywhere down the line it would not surprise me in the very least if they get rid of Ben as well. With that all being said, Ben needs to be suspended and should be suspended for at least 2 games. He needs to have some kind of punishment handed to him to show him that he is no longer untouchable. The fact that Ben comes out at the end of this statement and says God Bless after wearing a shirt in Georgia the night of the incident that had a picture of Satan on it doesnt make me respect him too much as a person...However, at the end of the day the Steelers still do need Ben Roethlisberger to win football games and compete for Lombardi Trophy's. If Im Dennis Dixon Im already preparing myself to be the starter the first 2 games or so of the season seeing that Ben is probably going to face some sort of suspension...

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I think Ben should be suspended for not cutting his hair....He looked terrible out there....All that money and he looks like a bum...lol I'm really pissed that I have no use for my Holmes jersey now....lol

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I think Ben should be suspended for not cutting his hair....He looked terrible out there....All that money and he looks like a bum...lol I'm really pissed that I have no use for my Holmes jersey now....lol

ben DALTONberger. he's been watching roadhouse too much lmao

steelersbabex25
04-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Atleast a few years ago he was a somewhat attrative *******.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3980/normalwhirl2005insidela.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/normalwhirl2005insidela.jpg/)

What happened to that guy? ^^

SteelCityKid5
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Who the hell gives a flying **** about hair?

steelersbabex25
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Who the hell gives a flying **** about hair?

He definitely should seeing how he looks right now. He's not old enough to let himself go yet.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Atleast a few years ago he was a somewhat attrative *******.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3980/normalwhirl2005insidela.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/normalwhirl2005insidela.jpg/)

What happened to that guy? ^^

I do think the accident made him retarded some what.....:lol: I know he use to look clean cut and groomed.....I mean I don't care since I'm a dude but I just know if I was Ben I wouldn't look like the way he does...lol

SteelCityKid5
04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
He definitely should seeing how he looks right now. He's not old enough to let himself go yet.

..whats wrong with how he looks now? He has long hair? woo hoo

Dobre Shunka
04-13-2010, 01:49 AM
ROFLMAO

AZ_Steeler
04-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I do think the accident made him retarded some what.....:lol: I know he use to look clean cut and groomed.....I mean I don't care since I'm a dude but I just know if I was Ben I wouldn't look like the way he does...lol

:rofl:

You just made my morning!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Don't chicks dig that scruffy, grungy, look these days? :dunno: :reddevil:

floodcitygirl
04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't chicks dig that scruffy, grungy, look these days? :dunno: :reddevil:On him.....NO!

steelersbabex25
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Don't chicks dig that scruffy, grungy, look these days? :dunno: :reddevil:

Scruffy and grungy does not equal his greasy mullet hair.