PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Organization "Holds Itself to a Higher Standard".....BULL

tburg68
04-12-2010, 05:52 PM
If I hear one more time in reference to the Holmes situation, that it was done because the Steelers "hold themselves to a higher standard than the other NFL franchises, I am going to puke!

If they truely held themselves to a higher standard, they would immediately cut more than HALF their roster, and trade all their draft picks to St. Louis to move to number one and pick Tim Tebow.

They are just like every other organization that claims to be better than the rest: A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!

K Train
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
ben is clearly getting preferrential treatment, the steelers do this all the time.

remember when cedric wilson and harrison got domestic abuse charges against them in the same year. ced=cut instantly, harrison got an extension

i understand that ben>holmes and harrison>wilson

but they are being hypocrites big time when they make you think its the steeler way and go all old school iron fist on some players but not the important ones

tburg68
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
ben is clearly getting preferrential treatment, the steelers do this all the time.

remember when cedric wilson and harrison got domestic abuse charges against them in the same year. ced=cut instantly, harrison got an extension

but they are being hypocrites big time when they make you think its the steeler way and go all old school iron fist on some players but not the important ones

And they aren't even smart enough to get value for the players that they feign disgust with.

Stairwayto7
04-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I just remember Bam Morris, Eric Greene, players that failed two drug test Gone! Bottom line in the Burgh! Ben hasn`t really been in trouble yet! Still escaping the law!

K Train
04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
i hope ben starts blazing it up just to test these old ****s limits on who they drop the iron fist on

tburg68
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
i hope ben starts blazing it up just to test these old ****s limits on who they drop the iron fist on

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't already buying from Holmes.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
There is always a double standard in the NFL. If you are the top dog, super important, player on your team you're going to be given more breaks than the average 3rd string bench warmer who plays on ST and the occasional snap on the main squad. Anyone who thinks differently is just blind. :nonod:

Stairwayto7
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
There is always a double standard in the NFL. If you are the top dog, super important, player on your team you're going to be given more breaks than the average 3rd string bench warmer who plays on ST and the occasional snap on the main squad. Anyone who thinks differently is just blind. :nonod:

I agree TG, but arent the Holmes and Roethlisberger cases totaly different.

Holmes, okay throw out the fact that he was accused of choking a girl! He tested positive for weed twice, both NFL offenses, as well as breaking the law. Tested positive no speculation involved. And then the glass throwing incident, that I have a feeling we havent heard the last of.

Ben, wrecked a motorcycle, no helmet, wasnt his fault and not breaking any laws. Then the Tahoe, girl asked for cash, no charges just cash. And then the girl in Georgia, If any of us males were single, and had oppurtunities to have sex with a hot girl, we probably would. In Tahoe Ben never denied the fact that they had sex. Hell here in Mentor Ohio, the browns use to have thier training camp right up the rode, and Bernie Kosar was known for having sex with girls in the kitchen at Gatsbys Bar and Grille. My sister in law worked at Hooter in downtown cleveland, when bernie had his golf outing, all the players would come down there, she came home with Bubby Brister autograph for me, and said that he wouldn`t keep his hands off of her, but management would just say, play along!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 06:38 PM

Come on Ktrain you know damn well franchise QB's get special treatment..........Its nothing to do with the Steelers really its the NFL as a whole.......franchise QB's are just worth more then stud WR's.....I'm not saying its right but just the way it is.......Holmes did it to himself anyway....He wasn't to going to resign with the team anyway......I love Holmes and I wish they got more for him but he forced the Steelers hand.....

K Train
04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
oh i know, but since i know, we all know and the rooneys know. now i would like them to be known as not holding themselves in a higher standard like they want the image to be, but rather the same as everyone else with all the free passes ben has gotten

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 06:52 PM
What free passes has Ben gotten really?.......This cracks me up and I'm not just being a Ben supporter....Ben is a young single rich male that has sex...No surprise and not a crime....If he had raped these women then by all means I hope he was punished to the max of the law.......But he was found innocent in this latest one and probably innocent with McNutty.....

K Train
04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
just the overall recklessness of it. he may have done it and gotten away with it...either way hes lucked out twice now. holmes smokes...ok i get that, but he didnt get charged with the glass incident, but it was the tweets that got the rooneys furious which is retarded.

i just think that ben could test positive for weed and tomlin and the rooney boys would be down to burn with him. bens actions have been just as much a "tarnish" to the steeler name as anything holmes has done, i love ben, i dont want him to go anywhere ever but rooneys=hypocrites

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
just the overall recklessness of it. he may have done it and gotten away with it...either way hes lucked out twice now. holmes smokes...ok i get that, but he didnt get charged with the glass incident, but it was the tweets that got the rooneys furious which is retarded.

i just think that ben could test positive for weed and tomlin and the rooney boys would be down to burn with him. bens actions have been just as much a "tarnish" to the steeler name as anything holmes has done, i love ben, i dont want him to go anywhere ever but rooneys=hypocrites

Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[9] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine.

Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[10]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial regarding the domestic case and hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He plead no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[11]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[12][13] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal."[14]

On March 24, 2010, Anshonae Mills filed a lawsuit against Holmes over a March 7 incident in which she alleges Holmes threw a glass at her in an Orlando nightclub, resulting in a cut above her eye. Initially, Mills did not pursue charges, claiming Holmes and the police intimidated her into it, but the case has been reopened. Subsequently, after a Twitter comment criticizing the nightclub incident, Holmes told the follower to "kill urself." He later Tweeted it was time to "wake n bake," a reference to marijuana.[15]

sorry but ben's rap sheet is nowhere near as long as holmes'

tburg68
04-12-2010, 07:11 PM
No one is denying a double standard exists except the Steelers themselves! That is the point. What is being pointed out in this thread and many others is that they are hypocritical. The Holmes trade is just another of many examples.

I have never held up a picture of Tiger Woods or Ben or Holmes or any other athlete or celebrity and told my kids to model their life after these people. Money and fame corrupt people. Not admitting that would be like sticking your head in the sand. I would never exalt these people as role models for my kids.

The Steelers are trying to exalt themselves as some sort of squeeky clean organization which is BULL. I bet we could poll this forum(and if people were honest) and find that most people only care about what happens on the field. To pretend that any organization in sports only employs law abiding role models is pure stupidity. Sports franchises employ players they think will make them money, period. To try and paint yourself as anything other than that is nothing more than self serving.

K Train
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM
ok so dropped disorderly, dropped domestic, weed charge, tweet.

ben is motorcycle accident without a license or helmet, charges dropped for sex assualt, charges dropped for sex assault.

give me a break

tburg68
04-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[9] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine.

Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[10]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial regarding the domestic case and hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He plead no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[11]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[12][13] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal."[14]

On March 24, 2010, Anshonae Mills filed a lawsuit against Holmes over a March 7 incident in which she alleges Holmes threw a glass at her in an Orlando nightclub, resulting in a cut above her eye. Initially, Mills did not pursue charges, claiming Holmes and the police intimidated her into it, but the case has been reopened. Subsequently, after a Twitter comment criticizing the nightclub incident, Holmes told the follower to "kill urself." He later Tweeted it was time to "wake n bake," a reference to marijuana.[15]

sorry but ben's rap sheet is nowhere near as long as holmes'

Holmes personal life is a train wreck. I will be glad to agree with you if you will stop posting it.

It has nothing to do with the point that the Steelers pretend to only employ Upstanding Citizens. They do employ a double standard and you can't deny that. If your point is simply that Holmes has done worse than Ben, according to what is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, I agree. Still doesn't disprove the point of the thread.

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 07:22 PM
ok so dropped disorderly, dropped domestic, weed charge, tweet.

ben is motorcycle accident without a license or helmet, charges dropped for sex assualt, charges dropped for sex assault.

give me a break

are you seriously bringing up a motorcycle accident that wasn't his fault to try and put it on the same level as santonio's **** ups? come on. he was guilty of not wearing a helmet. that's it. there's was no helmet law and the woman made an illegal turn right in front of him

Danger DANJ
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I think taking advantage of a drunk girl and possibly raping her is far worse than smoking weed. Clearly Ben is a womanizing prick. That's not to say I want to see him gone, but I don't think Holmes should have been traded either. The Rooney's are seriously retarded if they think trading Holmes helps their image in any way.

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Holmes personal life is a train wreck. I will be glad to agree with you if you will stop posting it.

It has nothing to do with the point that the Steelers pretend to only employ Upstanding Citizens. They do employ a double standard and you can't deny that. If your point is simply that Holmes has done worse than Ben, according to what is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, I agree. Still doesn't disprove the point of the thread.

actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. it's not double standards. just that nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:37 PM ---

actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups

tburg68
04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
actually it does.

Actually it doesn't. You are stupid if you think this proves that the Steelers organization "holds itself to a higher standard" than other NFL franchises.

If you are trying to make some other point, you are still stupid because you don't understand the point being made, even after multiple explanations.

steelersbabex25
04-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Okay I realize I'm going to get tons of disagreement on this..but everyones saying Ben is being treated different than Holmes just because he is Ben Roethlisberger, our franchise quarterback. But did nobody consider Holmes to be pretty damn important too? Holmes is by far not a third string wide reciever that warms the bench all game...I don't know.

Captcoolhand
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. it's not double standards. just that nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:37 PM ---

actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups
Maybe you didn't think you convey what you had to say the first time...:dunno:

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Actually it doesn't. You are stupid if you think this proves that the Steelers organization "holds itself to a higher standard" than other NFL franchises.

If you are trying to make some other point, you are still stupid because you don't understand the point being made, even after multiple explanations.

calling me stupid doesn't make you look smart. just arrogant. the fact is look at other nfl franchises. we do no have as much bullshit going on as other teams. yes it's true that we have had issues but not as much as other teams. as far as a higher standard, the steelers do hold themselves to one, just not by a huge margin as you seem to think it should be. ben wasn't arrested in how many arrests have the steelers had in the past year? none. it's not like the 2006 bengals that had 9 arrests in a single year. while there is a bit of hypocrisy because we don't have goody good choirboys on the team, it's not like we have convicted felons either and we aren't going after convicted felons. the steelers haven't had as many problems as a lot of other teams. do you see the 90's cowboys? because i don't

not to mention the fact, everybody will give somebody strikes. santonio is well over 3. nobody else on the steelers is

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:57 PM ---

Maybe you didn't think you convey what you had to say the first time...:dunno:

no, my wireless internet ****ed while it was submitting. i had to stop and resubmitt so it must have duplicated it lol

tburg68
04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
calling me stupid doesn't make you look smart. just arrogant. the fact is look at other nfl franchises. we do no have as much bullshit going on as other teams. yes it's true that we have had issues but not as much as other teams. as far as a higher standard, the steelers do hold themselves to one, just not by a huge margin as you seem to think it should be. ben wasn't arrested in how many arrests have the steelers had in the past year? none. it's not like the 2006 bengals that had 9 arrests in a single year. while there is a bit of hypocrisy because we don't have goody good choirboys on the team, it's not like we have convicted felons either and we aren't going after convicted felons. the steelers haven't had as many problems as a lot of other teams. do you see the 90's cowboys? because i don't

not to mention the fact, everybody will give somebody strikes. santonio is well over 3. nobody else on the steelers is

Calling me a moron doesn't keep you from being stupid.

If you believe what you just wrote, I am justified in the name I called you.

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Calling me a moron doesn't keep you from being stupid.

If you believe what you just wrote, I am justified in the name I called you.

i didn't call you a moron. not once. just arrogant. and keep calling me stupid. i don't give a ****. you aren't impressing anyone by name calling on a ****ing message board

if i believe what i wrote? name one steeler who's been arrested in the past year. not accused. not allegations. an arrest. name one steeler that's been on trial for murder. name anyone other than holmes who's actually had more than one arrest who's currently on the team. sorry dude but pacman jones, tank johnson, ray lewis, michael irvin are not on this team

tburg68
04-12-2010, 08:15 PM
i didn't call you a moron. not once. just arrogant. and keep calling me stupid. i don't give a ****. you aren't impressing anyone by name calling on a ****ing message board

if i believe what i wrote? name one steeler who's been arrested in the past year. not accused. not allegations. an arrest. name one steeler that's been on trial for murder. name anyone other than holmes who's actually had more than one arrest who's currently on the team. sorry dude but pacman jones, tank johnson, ray lewis, michael irvin are not on this team

You didn't call me a moron, that was someone else in a different thread, my bad.

Believing that the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard is still stupid.

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
You didn't call me a moron, that was someone else in a different thread, my bad.

Believing that the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard is still stupid.

i believe that but to a certain extent. there is hypocrisy like in the cedrick wilson case when silverback basically did the same thing. but comparing santonio to ben is stupid. ben has not ben arrested. santonio has been 3 times. and while we do have guys who do **** off the field, it's not as bad as you see on several other teams. no steeler arrests have been in the same category as say pacman, tank johnson, etc. we do, but to a certain extent. we aren't as bad as dallas, cincy, etc

tburg68
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
i believe that but to a certain extent. there is hypocrisy like in the cedrick wilson case when silverback basically did the same thing. but comparing santonio to ben is stupid. ben has not ben arrested. santonio has been 3 times. and while we do have guys who do **** off the field, it's not as bad as you see on several other teams. no steeler arrests have been in the same category as say pacman, tank johnson, etc. we do, but to a certain extent. we aren't as bad as dallas, cincy, etc

I don't believe you are understanding the point. I am not comparing Holmes to Ben, in fact, I conceded that Santonio (as far as public record goes), is more screwed up than Ben.

The point is that the Steelers don't hold themselves to a higher standard. If they did, there would be several current Steelers out of a job.

K Train
04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
i hope ben rapes you next mattyv.

you are missing my point

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't believe you are understanding the point. I am not comparing Holmes to Ben, in fact, I conceded that Santonio (as far as public record goes), is more screwed up than Ben.

The point is that the Steelers don't hold themselves to a higher standard. If they did, there would be several current Steelers out of a job.

no. what you are saying would mean they have a ZERO TOLERANCE, which they definitely don't. they do hold themselves to a higher standard, but that standard isn't much higher. that's all i'm trying to say. your point would be valid if you said that the steelers claimed they cut holmes because of a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I think taking advantage of a drunk girl and possibly raping her is far worse than smoking weed. Clearly Ben is a womanizing prick. That's not to say I want to see him gone, but I don't think Holmes should have been traded either. The Rooney's are seriously retarded if they think trading Holmes helps their image in any way.

Well its clear Ben didn't rape if so there would have been more evidence for the DA to pursue the rape charge.......Taking advantage of a drunk girl.....just makes me laugh out loud....I doubt this 20 year old girl is all sweet and innocent here....lol

She probably felt like a major slut when she sobered up and cried rape......Now if I had an 18-20 year old would I want her to date Big Ben...Probably not but that doesn't make him a criminal......Joe Namath was a major womanizer.......Ben if he wants to party just needs to party with celebrities instead of common folk......

As for Holmes.....I have no problem with weed myself......But Hitler oh I mean Goodell does and has substance abuse policy....Holmes already has violated it once and will miss 4 games.....The next time it will be 8 games and after that a year......I think the Steelers brass felt pushed into corner and if they had resigned Holmes they could have lost him for 8 games or a whole season down the road.......

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
i hope ben rapes you next mattyv.

you are missing my point

and i hope so too. i could use a quick payday lol jk

LarryNJ
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Since our standards are now lowered, I say get some Cheerleaders Art!

tburg68
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
no. what you are saying would mean they have a ZERO TOLERANCE, which they definitely don't. they do hold themselves to a higher standard, but that standard isn't much higher. that's all i'm trying to say. your point would be valid if you said that the steelers claimed they cut holmes because of a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY

Sorry but you are stupid because you don't even understand the English language.

Speeed
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM

What laws has he broken? Being stupid and juvenile is not against the law. He is acting like a college kid. He needs to grow up. I live in Baltimore, and the let me tell you the Ravens crew do whatever they want. They get their jail time scheduled around the season.

So, if Ben gets benched, I won't complain - but on moral issues, not legal issues. I think he just needs to realize he cannot act like a horny drunk frat boy anymore.

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Sorry but you are stupid because you don't even understand the English language.

oh my god dude. open your ****ing eyes. our legal problems aren't as bad as
many other teams have had. do you see guys who have been convicted of crimes and kicked out of the league on the steelers? no. we do have guys who have issues but my point is it is not as bad as most other teams. who on the steelers has been kicked out of the league for poor conduct? nobody. there is no pacman on the steelers. no odell thurman, etc.

you want to keep insulting me when i never attacked you once? go **** yourself *******. my point is valid. stop acting like a message board nazi and insulting me because you don't agree with what i have to say. you aren't god so stop acting like it

Danger DANJ
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Well its clear Ben didn't rape if so there would have been more evidence for the DA to pursue the rape charge.......Taking advantage of a drunk girl.....just makes me laugh out loud....I doubt this 20 year old girl is all sweet and innocent here....lol

She probably felt like a major slut when she sobered up and cried rape......Now if I had an 18-20 year old would I want her to date Big Ben...Probably not but that doesn't make him a criminal......Joe Namath was a major womanizer.......Ben if he wants to party just needs to party with celebrities instead of common folk......

As for Holmes.....I have no problem with weed myself......But Hitler oh I mean Goodell does and has substance abuse policy....Holmes already has violated it once and will miss 4 games.....The next time it will be 8 games and after that a year......I think the Steelers brass felt pushed into corner and if they had resigned Holmes they could have lost him for 8 games or a whole season down the road.......

So you think because there wasn't enough evidence that he couldn't have raped her? All it takes is for the girl to say no and Ben to penetrate her. There wasn't enough evidence to prove that, but in no way does the evidence prove that it didn't happen. Regardless, anyone who thinks it's OK to mess with a drunk girl is a piece of ****! If a girl gets drunk that doesn't make her a slut. Even if she is a slut, that doesn't give anyone the right to take advantage of her or rape her.

K Train
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
What laws has he broken? Being stupid and juvenile is not against the law. He is acting like a college kid. He needs to grow up. I live in Baltimore, and the let me tell you the Ravens crew do whatever they want. They get their jail time scheduled around the season.

So, if Ben gets benched, I won't complain - but on moral issues, not legal issues. I think he just needs to realize he cannot act like a horny drunk frat boy anymore.

its just he has tarnished this BS golden boy image the rooneys think they have as much as holmes and hanst even gotten slapped on the wrist. i dont care about the laws, its the BS policies that they used to throw the book at holmes

MattyVfromCT
04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
So you think because there wasn't enough evidence that he couldn't have raped her? All it takes is for the girl to say no and Ben to penetrate her. There wasn't enough evidence to prove that, but in no way does the evidence prove that it didn't happen. Regardless, anyone who thinks it's OK to mess with a drunk girl is a piece of ****! If a girl gets drunk that doesn't make her a slut. Even if she is a slut, that doesn't give anyone the right to take advantage of her or rape her.

i agree with you man. i was happy when it was leaked over the weekend that ben would not be getting charged. but after the DA in full detail described everything they had, ben looks bad. very bad. and i'm not happy about it. it wouldn't surprise me if he is suspended for a few games. all i know is, he better get his act together fast. and he could start by treating his fans with respect

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2010, 10:53 PM

Ben is a piece of ****...great really don't give a ****...He is paid to win football games.....I also don't know Ben personally and probably never will so I can't say he is a piece of **** or not...Of course these rape charges don't look good but I wasn't there and can't say what happened those nights were Ben was accused of taking advantage of these two women.....I only can go by the evidence and in this case the DA felt there wasn't enough for a rape charge......Fine lets move already......

I know I have gotten drunk and made poor decisions in my life so excuse me for not nailing Ben to the cross....But since you're perfect and want to be the moral police of the fan base then go for it.....:lol:

Real Deal Steel
04-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Ben hasn't proven to have done ANYTHING wrong other then being in the wrong place. Which isn't illegal.

Franchise QB's can't be just traded or cut. They are the exception and that's the reality of that. Ben will be chastised by Goodall when they meet and the fear of God will be put in him.

And we DO have a higher standard because we get rid of guys for the most part who act up. Management is establishing control. And they do it better then most teams in the NFL.

You don't see us allowing idiots like Pac-man to come here for a tryout. :rolleyes:

StillerLady1029
04-13-2010, 12:57 AM
I can relate to that story of players going to have sex. It has one to do with Ben and there was no rape involved.
I have a friend who used to bartend at a Club in Monroeville. It was the first year it open which was 2 years ago. He reserved part of the club for himself and some of his friends. She bartnded his area. He ran a tab for his friends and for all the females in the club. There was a backroom which was just for managment. Well managment let Big Ben back there with 5 girls at one time, of course we know what was going on there. Which that to me is Ben's business, that isn't what made me mad it was the comment he made after that fact. After it was all said and done he came up to the bar shut all the females off in the club and said quote "Pittsburgh Girls are a$$." Now he plays for out city and for him to go say that really ticked me off. If he wants to have sex with tones of girls fine so be it but don't treat them that way after because that is why they want to call rape on his butt plus so they can get some of that money he makes.
Just like Holmes, so what he smoked weed probably what made him play good. j/k lol

DBR96A
04-13-2010, 01:26 AM
"Pittsburgh Girls are a$$."

And he ain't too good-looking these days either, with that double-chin and that ridiculous haircut.

LarryNJ
04-13-2010, 06:49 AM
I can relate to that story of players going to have sex. ...

Well managment let Big Ben back there with 5 girls at one time, of course we know what was going on there.

Are you saying that Ben had a little orgy in the back room of the bar? Was he the only guy or did he let his friends back there with him?

StillerLady1029
04-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Are you saying that Ben had a little orgy in the back room of the bar? Was he the only guy or did he let his friends back there with him?
It was just Big Ben back there with 5 girls. So yes he had a little orgy of his own. lol

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM

sounds like you need to lay off the "wake and bake" too......:lol:
The rest of the NFL even says this is true about the Steelers, get a grip on reality. This thing has gone way over the edge. Can't remember who on here said it, think it was TG, but we are so spoiled with the lack of this kind of press, it now seems to be the end of our football universe! It isn't that bad and the team will be fine.

tburg68
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
oh my god dude. open your ****ing eyes. our legal problems aren't as bad as
many other teams have had. do you see guys who have been convicted of crimes and kicked out of the league on the steelers? no. we do have guys who have issues but my point is it is not as bad as most other teams. who on the steelers has been kicked out of the league for poor conduct? nobody. there is no pacman on the steelers. no odell thurman, etc.

you want to keep insulting me when i never attacked you once? go **** yourself *******. my point is valid. stop acting like a message board nazi and insulting me because you don't agree with what i have to say. you aren't god so stop acting like it

This has NOTHING to do with the original point. Just because other teams have had more problems than the Steelers, doesn't mean that they hold themselves to a higher standard. There are PLENTY of NFL teams who have had no reported problems this off season. Does this prove they hold themselves to a higher standard than the Steelers? No.

Sorry I hurt your feelings, I will stop calling you names. You are a better man than me.

sounds like you need to lay off the "wake and bake" too......:lol:
The rest of the NFL even says this is true about the Steelers, get a grip on reality. This thing has gone way over the edge. Can't remember who on here said it, think it was TG, but we are so spoiled with the lack of this kind of press, it now seems to be the end of our football universe! It isn't that bad and the team will be fine.

I have heard plenty of news reporters that say the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard, which is what the Steelers say to the reporters. I have not heard one other NFL team let alone the rest of the NFL say that the Steelers have a higher standard. If you have a source or a link you can post to that effect, I would appreciate it.

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
This has NOTHING to do with the original point. Just because other teams have had more problems than the Steelers, doesn't mean that they hold themselves to a higher standard. There are PLENTY of NFL teams who have had no reported problems this off season. Does this prove they hold themselves to a higher standard than the Steelers? No.

Sorry I hurt your feelings, I will stop calling you names. You are a better man than me.

I have heard plenty of news reporters that say the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard, which is what the Steelers say to the reporters. I have not heard one other NFL team let alone the rest of the NFL say that the Steelers have a higher standard. If you have a source or a link you can post to that effect, I would appreciate it.

Do your own digging. Seems like you need the education.

tburg68
04-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Do your own digging. Seems like you need the education.

Nice deflect for someone who has nothing to back up what he says.

You claimed it, now prove it.

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Don't need to prove anything to anyone.

tburg68
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Don't need to prove anything to anyone.

Don't need to prove anything to anyone = I have no proof

Next thing you will try to tell me is that the Steelers of the '70's held themselves to a higher standard while they had players ushering in steriods to sports.

ejsteeler
04-13-2010, 12:56 PM

Next thing you will try to tell me is that the Steelers of the '70's held themselves to a higher standard while they had players ushering in steriods to sports.

Tell yourself whatever you need to.....including making absurd parrallels to the 70's team.....:lol:

MattyVfromCT
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM

too bad it was sid gillman's 63 chargers that brought steroids into pro football. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3866837

--- Added 4/13/2010 at 04:32 PM ---

[QUOTE=tburg68;341628]This has NOTHING to do with the original point. Just because other teams have had more problems than the Steelers, doesn't mean that they hold themselves to a higher standard. There are PLENTY of NFL teams who have had no reported problems this off season. Does this prove they hold themselves to a higher standard than the Steelers? No.

a) you didn't hurt my feelings. you'll have to call me a lot worse than "stupid" to offend me. but being a message board nazi by acting like your opinion is the be all and end all of opinions is completely arrogant. especially when i'm making a valid pint. ok hitler?

b) if the steelers came out and said, we have zero tolerance for and shenanigans, whether felonies or misdemeanors with all the nonsense going on, then your point would make sense. then they would be hypocrites. but all they said is that they hold themselves to higher standards than other franchises. which basically means they tolerate less than most other teams. look at the bengals. they have no qualms about going after guys with off the field problems. and they don't discipline their guys either. the bengals signed matt jones, who the steelers would never even consider for all the **** he's involved in. they were looking at pacman. they signed tank johnson. the steelers wouldn't touch these guys. look at santonio's arrest in 2008. the steelers suspended him before one of our biggest games of the year, against the giants. when chris henry or whoever ****ed up on their team, they did nothing about it. the league had to step in and suspend those guys.

my only point is that an offseason like this with the steelers is not the norm in pittsburgh and is very mild compared to many other franchises. bam morris ****ed up after super bowl xxx. the steelers cut him. baltimore picked him up almost instantly. if morris was on dallas, he would never been cut.

nobody is disputing that every nfl franchise has guys on their rosters who get into trouble and have character issues, the steelers include. their standards are just a little higher than other teams. that's MY point. and watch espn or nfl network. most people agree on this.

tburg68
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Saying that the Steelers are not as bad as others, is a statement that many NFL franchises can say. There are some worse than the Steelers, but there are some better. I don't hear others saying they hold themselves to a higher standard. It is ONLY an image that the Steelers want to portray. There is no evidence of them having a higher standard than anyone else.

V_83
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Saying that the Steelers are not as bad as others, is a statement that many NFL franchises can say. There are some worse than the Steelers, but there are some better. I don't hear others saying they hold themselves to a higher standard. It is ONLY an image that the Steelers want to portray. There is no evidence of them having a higher standard than anyone else.

Did you not read his post from b) on down? It basically says that we either punish or get rid of players that can't follow the rules, like Holmes, Cedric and others. While other teams like the bengals recruit them such as Matt Jones, Chris Henry, and however many others they have had.

We do run our organization differently than the others, and yes we do have a higher standard than most.

RIVERS OF STEEL
04-13-2010, 08:11 PM
bullshit. the only high standard is the bottom line $$$. and the impression that something is being done to stop this bad behavior. what about us fans. what are our standards on game day? that's what i thought.

anybody think dixon can carry the team for 4 weeks?

steelersbabex25
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Since our standards are now lowered, I say get some Cheerleaders Art!

Something to keep the team occupied for a while..

V_83
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
bullshit. the only high standard is the bottom line $$$. and the impression that something is being done to stop this bad behavior. what about us fans. what are our standards on game day? that's what i thought.

anybody think dixon can carry the team for 4 weeks?

So what you're saying is the difference between us and the Bengals is we spend as little as possible and they don't. :thinking:

We had the seventh highest payroll last season. We'll spend money, we just like to get our moneys worth.

weare43fans
04-13-2010, 09:50 PM
The entire NFL is full of criminals and I have linked a story and book that backs its up. 1 in 5 players will commit a serious crime. So if you have a 53 man roster, 10 players on each team will commit a crime while in the league. So the fact that we have about five players that have been in the news the past few years is better than average for the National Felony League.

These stats were from 1999 and as much as I hate to say it, I bet the numbers today are more like 1 in 4. The bottom line is I like football. I love the Steelers. I hate the off field crap that any of our players do that make us look bad but I am still going to watch the games and cheer for the team.

So vent and complain and I won't fuss but when the season starts, I am cheering on our team as we work to win a Seventh Super Bowl!

Jackie
:imho::stirpot::2cents:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/arresting-tales/2010/02/this-super-bowl-sunday-try-betting-on-crime.html

tburg68
04-13-2010, 11:53 PM
So what you're saying is the difference between us and the Bengals is we spend as little as possible and they don't. :thinking:

We had the seventh highest payroll last season. We'll spend money, we just like to get our moneys worth.

Having less criminals than the Bengirls does not have anything to do with "holding themselves to a higher standard" than the rest of the NFL.

Dobre Shunka
04-14-2010, 12:52 AM
I don't think another team in the NFL would have rid themselves of Holmes as we just did or the way we unloaded Bam Morris.

tburg68
04-14-2010, 01:28 AM
I don't think another team in the NFL would have rid themselves of Holmes as we just did or the way we unloaded Bam Morris.

If that were true, every other team would have lined up to bid for him.

Dobre Shunka
04-14-2010, 05:15 PM
They found teams, destinations, quick enough.

tburg68
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
They found teams, destinations, quick enough.

We got a FRICKEN 5th round pick for him. NOBODY was lining up.

Dobre Shunka
04-16-2010, 03:48 AM
We got a FRICKEN 5th round pick for him. NOBODY was lining up.

Which is a statement all in itself.

The Steelers decided to move him out, they found a place for him out of our division as they did with others. So?

He's gone now and we'll survive. Always have always will.

cmerrifield
04-16-2010, 07:58 AM
We will be fine without Holmes and the team made the right move

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2010, 09:28 AM
I still don't agree with Holmes getting the boot. I understand he was in trouble but charges against him were dropped every time as I remember it. Regardless the dude was money on the field and was a BIG part of our success in our super bowl victories. Getting a 5th round pick for him is the same as releasing him outright or letting him walk. You all know it too because our day 2 drafting is some of the worst in the league; we aren't the Patriots here, being able to find gems on the 2nd day every year.

I would have gotten his last year out of him, let him walk if you can't resign him and if you feel the need draft another WR this year regardless to be ready to step in.

Steel Trap86
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Ben is a piece of ****...great really don't give a ****...He is paid to win football games.....I also don't know Ben personally and probably never will so I can't say he is a piece of **** or not...Of course these rape charges don't look good but I wasn't there and can't say what happened those nights were Ben was accused of taking advantage of these two women.....I only can go by the evidence and in this case the DA felt there wasn't enough for a rape charge......Fine lets move already......

I know I have gotten drunk and made poor decisions in my life so excuse me for not nailing Ben to the cross....But since you're perfect and want to be the moral police of the fan base then go for it.....:lol:

this right here

we can all argue about how much evidence there is and what we think really happened that night, but the bottom line is nobody will ever know because NOBODY was there. Maybe he slapped her ***, maybe he poured a drink on her head, maybe he banged ANOTHER girl in the bathroom while Willie and the troopers guarded the door so SHE couldn't get her *** in, she found out and got pissed and claimed it was HER that got tagged in the washroom and he raped her!!! lol anything could have happened!!!
bottom line is Ben knows how to win and I'm all for giving him another chance to win for this team.

coldrolled
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM
oh i know, but since i know, we all know and the rooneys know. now i would like them to be known as not holding themselves in a higher standard like they want the image to be, but rather the same as everyone else with all the free passes ben has gotten

if this was brady or manning, the media would be saying, he wasnt charged for anything and his loss of ad revenues will be enough of a personal punishment.... he should then be fined by the league, but they should not miss any games since they were innocent..

but this is the steelers... so we get what we get.

Dobre Shunka
04-17-2010, 02:48 AM
This was not an investigation, it was a crucifixion.
I'm standing by the man (even moreso now) until they have even a shred of evidence, mere probable cause to even charge this guy with ANYTHING mind you! Do you realize how low the bar is set on the scales of justice to find probable cause, it can be anything.
H*ll, charge him w/ farting in public or exposing himself in public, just charge him w/ something or be gone w/ your libelous/slandering a$$.

Officer on call, the night in question and @ the scene, verbatim, direct, & to the point.

Officer: Did he rape you?

Girl: No.

Now, charge him w/ something, anything, or STFU and go away.

scudmissile29
04-17-2010, 07:15 AM
lmao ben's bodyguards held the door from her friends.

sounds like blatant rape to me.

but we will never know

MattyVfromCT
04-17-2010, 10:13 AM
lmao ben's bodyguards held the door from her friends.

sounds like blatant rape to me.

but we will never know

look. now i do not condone ben's conduct at all whatsoever. i'm a fan of his on the field but he comes across as a real jerk off the field. that being said, all these details from the police report that are being released ARE FROM ONE SIDE OF THE STORY. they are from THIS GIRL AND HER FRIENDS WHO WERE ALL HEAVILY INTOXICATED. i'm not defending ben saying that there's no way that he didn't do anything wrong but let's have some common sense here. all of these details we are seeing were reviewed by the district attorney and he felt with the evidence he had, that he could not beyond a reasonable doubt win this case in court.

just because somebody made these claims doesn't mean they are true. we only are hearing one side of the story. ben hasn't come out to give his side. and i subscribe to the belief that there are 3 sides to every story. side a, side b and the truth. let's be honest, in any argument, both sides will fabricate a little bit at the very least to try and win the argument. the only interview ben gave with the police was the brief one he gave at the club on the night of the incident.

these details about the bodyguards "dragging" the girl and "forcefully restraining" her against her will are pure bs imo. this girl was sent to the hospital and checked out from head to toe. there was no evidence to show that there was any kinda of physical struggle or anything that would indicate that she was "dragged". there was also no evidence that indicated that a rape occurred.

like i said, i do not condone ben's conduct at all whatsoever. i'm disgusted by his actions. BUT, like i said, there was no evidence to support the notion that a rape occurred. as a matter of fact, what isn not being reported enough is the fact that when this girl initially talked to the police, she wasn't even sure if they had sex because she was so intoxicated. she initially said that a rape did not occur but changed her story. the fact is we will probably never know what really happened BUT STOP TAKING ALL THESE DETAILS FROM THE POLICE REPORT AS FACT. WE DON'T KNOW IF IT'S FACT. ANYBODY CAN MAKE AN ACCUSATION. THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT FACT. THE DA LOOKED AT EVERYTHING THAT IS BEING RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC AND HE DECLINED TO PRESS CHARGES BECAUSE HE HAD NO CASE. AND IN HIS PRESS CONFERENCE, HE PRETTY MUCH MADE IT CLEAR IN HIS DETAILED SYNOPSIS OF THE ALLEGED INCIDENT, THAT HE WANTED TO PROSECUTE BEN. THAT IF HE HAD THE EVIDENCE, HE WOULD. BUT HE DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SUPPORT THE ACCUSATION OF RAPE OR ANY CRIME. AND HE ALSO NEGLECTED TO MENTION A LOT OF THE DETAILS THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED OVER THE PAST WEEK AFTER BEN WAS ACQUITTED. PROBABLY BECAUSE THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THEM, ESPECIALLY THE "DRAGGING" CLAIM. COME ON PEOPLE. COMMON SENSE.

75Steeler
04-17-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm not about to post another thread on this topic cause that is the last thing we need but I'm really pissed Steeler Nation! An article in this morning's Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports fans are upset with Ben and I understand that. Some fans were quoted as saying they wouldn't wear a #7 jersey again and that is fine. If you are pissed at Ben I can understand that but there is also talk in this article of fans saying that they would be washing their cars with Terrible Towels and this is bullshit. That towel was invented by Myron Cope for all Steeler fans to rally the team. The towel was invented long before Ben Roethlisberger was ever born. That towel is a huge part of the Steelers history, Myron Cope, The Alleghany Valley School, The great City of Pittsburgh and the Fans of Steeler Nation. If you disgrace that towel you aren't sending Ben a message, you are disrespecting all of the above. So use caution Steeler fans cause if a real Steeler Nation member sees you washing your car with the Terrible Towel he may just put a foot in your ***!

Click here to see the PG article (http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/10107/1051151-66.stm)

StillerLady1029
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm not about to post another thread on this topic cause that is the last thing we need but I'm really pissed Steeler Nation! An article in this morning's Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports fans are upset with Ben and I understand that. Some fans were quoted as saying they wouldn't wear a #7 jersey again and that is fine. If you are pissed at Ben I can understand that but there is also talk in this article of fans saying that they would be washing their cars with Terrible Towels and this is bullshit. That towel was invented by Myron Cope for all Steeler fans to rally the team. The towel was invented long before Ben Roethlisberger was ever born. That towel is a huge part of the Steelers history, Myron Cope, The Alleghany Valley School, The great City of Pittsburgh and the Fans of Steeler Nation. If you disgrace that towel you aren't sending Ben a message, you are disrespecting all of the above. So use caution Steeler fans cause if a real Steeler Nation member sees you washing your car with the Terrible Towel he may just put a foot in your ***!

Click here to see the PG article (http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/10107/1051151-66.stm)
If they wash their car with a Terrible Towel they are not real Steeler fans that is all I can say. The curse just doesn't go out to other NFL teams for disgraceing the towel it goes out to whoever disgraces it. Yes I believe it the Terrible Towel curse.

ejsteeler
04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think I've ever anticipated draft day as much as this year. Man, I can't wait until this crap is behind us......:evilshake: