PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Tebow?

Blitzburghpete
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
As a Brit i don't get to see much coverage of the college games here, but i do know about Teebow.

Proven winner, and running qb, but there is ALOT of negativity around him, in that on one wants to draft him. There was an article on this site ( i can't find it again ) about how we should think about drafting him at 18 if he's still on the board.

So what is it about teebow people don't like ?

JensK
04-12-2010, 01:59 PM
No such thing as a running QB in the NFL today imo. Defenders are just to fast. Look what happened with Leon Washington, and both the guys from Dolphins (pat white and the other guy) - all got injured.

Tebow has the most awful mechanics ive ever seen with a pro QB. His short throws are very bad and so on. He is just a bad QB.Sure, he is a winner, but wanting to win does not make you a good QB..

K Train
04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
hes terrible as a pro style QB....5th round prospect with a legendary resume

Blitzburghpete
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
so he's no Mike Vick or Slash ? Not that i particaularly rated either of them but trying to get a flavour of what he's like and why everyone is so down on him.

If the steelers did take a punt on him, what round pick ( seriously ) do you think we'd need to use to get him ?

K Train
04-12-2010, 02:25 PM
he'll go in the first, at the latest the second....but it will be a team like jacksonville desperate to sell tickets.

i wouldnt look at him before the 4th

tburg68
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Can we please stop the Tebow insanity. Even if the Steelers continued their insane FO manuevers, and traded Ben, Tebow would be the WORST option!

Tebow sucks, period!

Blitzburghpete
04-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Can we please stop the Tebow insanity. Even if the Steelers continued their insane FO manuevers, and traded Ben, Tebow would be the WORST option!

Tebow sucks, period!

yeah i get the message dude but WHY does he suck? I've never seen the guy play so want to understand what the problem is with him

K Train
04-12-2010, 05:54 PM
yeah i get the message dude but WHY does he suck? I've never seen the guy play so want to understand what the problem is with him

awful mechanics, thinks he can plow over everyone (which he kind of could), erratic accuracy, terrible footwork, never played under center, literally no experience in a pro offense, never had to read a defense in urban meyers gimmicky system, looks more like a TE or FB

tburg68
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him in the 5th, IF he would agree to switch to TE.

SteelerSteve
04-12-2010, 06:18 PM
yeah i get the message dude but WHY does he suck? I've never seen the guy play so want to understand what the problem is with him He benefited from the team he was on for one. like K-train said I think his biggest problem would be the fact that he has never had to read a defense, which is huge in the nfl. He really doesn't have a great arm, and also he's lacking in the accuracy department...sub par mechanics....I am sure he is willing to work hard and try and improve but he would have a long way to go....lets say that hypothetically he is a really fast learner and starts to understand how to read an nfl defense, he would still have miles to go considering all of his other shortcomings as an nfl qb...I just dont see him ever being able to be a starting qb.

steelcityrockers
04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
He's basically a quarterback that has just learned to throw last month.

V_83
04-12-2010, 06:56 PM
He's basically a quarterback that has just learned to throw last month.

This sums it up pretty well.

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
I have a feeling he'll be in a Steelers uniform!! Not saying I'd want him but I could see him a fit here in a few years...

BlackGold4vr
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I have a feeling he'll be in a Steelers uniform!! Not saying I'd want him but I could see him a fit here in a few years...

That will NEVER happen! He is probably rated as a 4th or 5th rounder on the Steelers draft board if he is on it at all. Because of the urgency of winning and the lack of franchise QB's in the league, Tim Tebow will be drafted way earlier than he should be. I would be surprised if he made it out of the second round. He will never be a Steeler IMO.

:helmet:

Dobre Shunka
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM
He'll go in the 2nd round...early
:imho:

LatrobePA
04-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I guess if he falls that far I could see this team snagging him...I do agree, he'll more than likely be drafted way too early...

coldrolled
04-21-2010, 10:05 AM
He'll go in the 2nd round...early
:imho:

2nd round to the Pats. he will replace brady in a few years and keep running the dink and dunk offense.

tebow is perfect for NE.. braford, clausen, pike, mccoy will be broke in half by then. dixon too..
arians told me that.. :lol:

K Train
04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
he'll be a jag at #10

jags are desperate to selll tickets and dont have a second rounder. they reach for him big time, but hes a hero down there and they lost a ton of money by not meeting deadlines and having to discount tickets to extreme levels

Dobre Shunka
04-21-2010, 10:21 AM
K, I can see NE making a play to wrap him up and do it decisively in the second. We'll see but I agree w/ you that they are in the running.
It also wouldn't shock me to see him selected in the 1st, not at all.
I think there are a bunch of teams that want him, no matter what the so called experts say.

K Train
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
hes a 5th round prospect with a legendary resume....i think jags just say **** it and get their man and hometown hero

JensK
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
they may try to trade pick a little.. It would work great for them - they get their guy, and more picks.

scudmissile29
04-21-2010, 01:10 PM
As a Brit i don't get to see much coverage of the college games here, but i do know about Teebow.

Proven winner, and running qb, but there is ALOT of negativity around him, in that on one wants to draft him. There was an article on this site ( i can't find it again ) about how we should think about drafting him at 18 if he's still on the board.

So what is it about teebow people don't like ?

florida is always on ESPN America.

florida this, florida that, tune into florida next week against a ****** school whils't there is a big matchup going on