PDA

View Full Version : Sickened By Steelers Choices

StillerLady1029
04-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm completely sickened by this. There are so many players out there in the NFL that get in more trouble than Holmes or even worst trouble and they are still playing for their team. If they were traded at least they were traded for what they were worth not 4th or 5th. I've always had respect for the Steeler organization but right now it makes me wonder. Yes we are to set an example that we won't put up with drugs, sexual assault or any other misdimeanors. If that was the case what about Reed or Big Ben, these two have gotten into as much trouble or more but they are still with us. People can tell me it's the money they put into these players but if that is the case didn't they put as much money into Holmes, he was our Super Bowl MVP.
I don't want anyone to think I like Reed or Big Ben any less. I wouldn't want the team to get ride of them either it's just I don't get what point they are trying to make with this trade. Specially when they traded Holmes for 4th or 5th, it's like they are stating he was nothing to us.
I love my Steelers I feel they are just like us regular Pittsburgh fans. We're not all perfect I may not agree with what you do but I still stand by you as a player. I will say I wish they would use their heads and think about their careers before getting into trouble but they are going see what they can get away with. Also we don't always know what is true and what is not, there are some money hungery people out there that try to get these players money by falsely accusing them of somethings. Then again there are players that think they above and beyond anyone else and feel they can get away with just about anything.
So to conclude this I am upset by the trade, if they were going to trade him they should of traded Holmes for what he is worth and that is between 1st-2nd round draft maybe 3rd at the lowest. In the mean time I hope no one else gets in trouble from out team. Only time will tell on how our team will work out since Holmes is gone.
Still love you black and gold!!

ejsteeler
04-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Feeling your pain. But, Holmes was not going to get an extension next year and miss at least 4 games this year. Waiting until next year would have meant getting zero for him. Granted, 5th round in itself is awful close to nothing, but it gives us more to move up and down in the draft this year. All we can do is hope. I know you didn't say this and are not one of them but, too many people are freaking out wishing the worst for the team because of this. It's not that bad folks.

StillerLady1029
04-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I definetly don't wish the worse on the team no matter how I feel about the trade. The Steelers are still my team. My Mom's boyfriends has a tshirt that I always go by and it says this "Win or Loose always a Steeler fan." In small letters under it, it says "Where's the beer?' So what I'm trying to say is no matter if I'm not happy by their choices I still love them and will root for them win or loose.
But I like your thoughts on the trade aspect.

ejsteeler
04-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I definetly don't wish the worse on the team no matter how I feel about the trade. The Steelers are still my team. My Mom's boyfriends has a tshirt that I always go by and it says this "Win or Loose always a Steeler fan." In small letters under it, it says "Where's the beer?' So what I'm trying to say is no matter if I'm not happy by their choices I still love them and will root for them win or loose.
But I like your thoughts on the trade aspect.

:yellowthumb: I have to find one of those shirts......

Big T
04-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Feeling your pain. But, Holmes was not going to get an extension next year and miss at least 4 games this year. Waiting until next year would have meant getting zero for him. Granted, 5th round in itself is awful close to nothing, but it gives us more to move up and down in the draft this year. All we can do is hope. I know you didn't say this and are not one of them but, too many people are freaking out wishing the worst for the team because of this. It's not that bad folks.

actually if they wouldve kept him this year and let him walk after this season they couldve gotten a 3rd round compensatory pick for him...this was an absolutely idiotic move that makes absolutely no sense...If they werent planning on resigning him they shoudlve kept him, drafted a WR, and had him learn for a year...Now we either draft one and throw him in immediately, or cringe everytime they go 3-4 wide and you see wallace, Ward, Randle El and/or Battle...Im just baffled at how stupid this was in every aspect...

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Did we ever expect Tomlin to hurt "7's" feelings?? Hell no he's too much a fan than HC with Ben.

Someone had to take the fall and what better timing for Holmes!!

We just got a whole lot worse as a football team today!!

Steel Impact
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I DISAGREE........... I dont mind what happen he was ****ing up left and right what are u guys blind you want to deal with this every off seaon the guy is a cancer no player is bigger than the team. I bet steelers knew more **** than what was let out as well. I would not be suprised if this guy does not end up like plaxico bye bye Holmes not let get some good players with character.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 11:19 AM ---

I'm completely sickened by this. There are so many players out there in the NFL that get in more trouble than Holmes or even worst trouble and they are still playing for their team. If they were traded at least they were traded for what they were worth not 4th or 5th. I've always had respect for the Steeler organization but right now it makes me wonder. Yes we are to set an example that we won't put up with drugs, sexual assault or any other misdimeanors. If that was the case what about Reed or Big Ben, these two have gotten into as much trouble or more but they are still with us. People can tell me it's the money they put into these players but if that is the case didn't they put as much money into Holmes, he was our Super Bowl MVP.
I don't want anyone to think I like Reed or Big Ben any less. I wouldn't want the team to get ride of them either it's just I don't get what point they are trying to make with this trade. Specially when they traded Holmes for 4th or 5th, it's like they are stating he was nothing to us.
I love my Steelers I feel they are just like us regular Pittsburgh fans. We're not all perfect I may not agree with what you do but I still stand by you as a player. I will say I wish they would use their heads and think about their careers before getting into trouble but they are going see what they can get away with. Also we don't always know what is true and what is not, there are some money hungery people out there that try to get these players money by falsely accusing them of somethings. Then again there are players that think they above and beyond anyone else and feel they can get away with just about anything.
So to conclude this I am upset by the trade, if they were going to trade him they should of traded Holmes for what he is worth and that is between 1st-2nd round draft maybe 3rd at the lowest. In the mean time I hope no one else gets in trouble from out team. Only time will tell on how our team will work out since Holmes is gone.
Still love you black and gold!!

You want to deal with his domestic disputes and drug issue every year this guy is a time bomb get rid of him now and get something for him before he winds up in jail or suspended longer. He is going to face a 4 game suspension then what you think he will stay clean what kind of suspenion will the commish lay down next time please so long Holmes dont let the door hit u in the AZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DBR96A
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
The way people are talking, you'd think Santonio Holmes was more valuable to the team than Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, or even Hines Ward.

Steel Impact
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM
The way people are talking, you'd think Santonio Holmes was more valuable to the team than Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, or even Hines Ward.

Exactly i agree with u...... I did not know this guy turned into jerry rice over night with 15 to 22 td's a year when did this happen. We will find another WR dime a dozen out there. We need to get rid of cancers affecting the team in and out of the locker rooms.

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
He was/ is! We wouldn't of made it to the SB hadn't he made the plays against the Ravens...

Steel Impact
04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
He was/ is! We wouldn't of made it to the SB hadn't he made the plays against the Ravens...

Ok well he should have been a MVP off the field and get out of his ghetto mentality. Steelers were not going to resign him he ****ed up bye bye homie

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Ok well he should have been a MVP off the field and get out of his ghetto mentality. Steelers were not going to resign him he ****ed up bye bye homie

Very vey true man, I can remember saying just get back to the huddle many times...

But lets not forget what he gave this team on the field....He was a Ravens killer!!

JollyRob68
04-12-2010, 01:45 PM
They traded Holmes because they need to clean up their image and once Holmes is suspended for 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy the next slip up is a 1 yr suspension. Obviously Holmes cant stay away from the weed and most likely will be out of football soon.
I think we should of gotten better than a 5th or we should of just used him to move up in the 1st or 2nd round. I was pissed last night that we got a 5th not that we traded him because I knew he was gone for plain stupidity. Now we hear he wasn't a good locker room guy or teammate.
Last year Ben and his receivers just seemed off. The didn't throw to Holmes,Ward questioned Bens leadership/toughness and I think BEn was pissed he didn't get the Super Bowl MVP.
I hope we make moves in the draft and dont draft Dez Bryant(same as Santonio). They should package some picks to Move up in the 2nd rounder and get Golden Tate. However I think they'll move Back get an additional second and then take a WR in the 1st when we need an OL,CB or LB. BRING ON THE DRAFT.

Steel Impact
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Very vey true man, I can remember saying just get back to the huddle many times...

But lets not forget what he gave this team on the field....He was a Ravens killer!!

You right on that. This trade will hurt us short term but will be better off in the long run. We have to find another raven killer lol

StillerLady1029
04-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Your all sitting here saying what bad Holmes did in his personal life but look at what Ben has done first he jepordized his life by getting in a bike accident after the first Super Bowl he won and now he has two sexual charges against him. Even though they have both been dropped, which if he didn't do it fine but if he did I'm sure the girls were paid off which is what they want anyway in my opionion. There are many good players out there that are in the NFL and have done stuff. I'm not saying Holmes was are only good player, we have plenty of them that have not gotten in trouble and are doing good in out communty and their own. I'm just saying he was a SB MVP they should of traded better if they were going to get ride of him in the first place.
I have to say what these players do in there personal life they need to either stop it if they want to keep their careers or keep it at home on the dl because I can care less just play the damn game. When football season starts I'm all about the game not about what they are doing after the game.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 02:49 PM ---

One other thing I would like everyone to think about. Think back to the great Steelers of the 70's. You didn't know it then but a lot of them will say now they were on drugs and drinking heavely back in the time but they still played the game, didn't let out what was going on in their personal lives. Just thought I would through that in there too.

tburg68
04-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I DISAGREE........... I dont mind what happen he was ****ing up left and right what are u guys blind you want to deal with this every off seaon the guy is a cancer no player is bigger than the team. I bet steelers knew more **** than what was let out as well. I would not be suprised if this guy does not end up like plaxico bye bye Holmes not let get some good players with character.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 11:19 AM ---

You want to deal with his domestic disputes and drug issue every year this guy is a time bomb get rid of him now and get something for him before he winds up in jail or suspended longer. He is going to face a 4 game suspension then what you think he will stay clean what kind of suspenion will the commish lay down next time please so long Holmes dont let the door hit u in the AZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Based on this statement, the "hold themselves to a higher standard" Steelers need to cut half their roster. Give me a break.

Stairwayto7
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM

I agree totally! We gave him up for 12 games! After 12 games, we were`nt gonna resign him anyway. A 5th still sucks though!

V_83
04-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Your all sitting here saying what bad Holmes did in his personal life but look at what Ben has done first he jepordized his life by getting in a bike accident after the first Super Bowl he won and now he has two sexual charges against him.

You can't blame the guy for getting in an accident. Sure he should have been at least wearing a helmet, but come on, the lady pulled out in front of him.

StillerLady1029
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm just saying he should of been safe, like you said wearing a helmet. Your not going to jeapordize your career by not being safe.
My whole point to what I was originally tried to say if no one is perfect. The Steelers had let a lot of players get away with stuff and didn't trade them. But since things have really been going on they needed to make a point. I wasn't a Holmes fan or anything like that there are just a lot of closets that need to be looked in if they think they are perfect.

tburg68
04-12-2010, 08:02 PM
They traded Holmes because they need to clean up their image

This doesn't clean up their image. It makes it a joke. They are gonna need to do a lot more than get rid of a Superbowl MVP for a 5th round pick to clean up their image.

This just give them an image of a FO without a clue.

Real Deal Steel
04-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Everyone..

Stop overreacting. We got a few bad eggs like every other team in the league. But the key is how you handle them. And we handle them better then just about any team in the league. We will be fine. ARE has been resigned, Sweed will be in his third year and may break out and Ward is Ward. We will be fine this season.

Please stop with this, " Sky is falling" routine.

StillerLady1029
04-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Everyone..

Stop overreacting. We got a few bad eggs like every other team in the league. But the key is how you handle them. And we handle them better then just about any team in the league. We will be fine. ARE has been resigned, Sweed will be in his third year and may break out and Ward is Ward. We will be fine this season.

Please stop with this, " Sky is falling" routine.
Real Deal your so right. When I posted this morning I did over react a little I was shocked because things happened so fast. Plus I have to admit if it wasn't for SA I probably wouldn't of found out till later this afternoon.
I'm a true Steeler Girl I get a little emotional when I hear things about the players they are like my second family. I get used to guys and no matter what happens with them I hate to see them go. I know we have some guys that yes they need to be taught a lesson and either traded or suspended but it still hurts at times.
I do appreciate everyone for your input though, when it comes to game time I know what's going on but with draft and stuff yeah well forget it, so you guys have really started to help me learn about how the organization works. Thanks!!

DBR96A
04-13-2010, 01:40 AM
One way or another, Santonio Holmes has willingly been involved with drugs since he was a teenager, and his "wake and bake" comments show me that he had no plans to change that. Ben Roethlisberger, on the other hand, has only recently exhibited sociopathic tendencies. The Rooney family takes a hard-line stance against drugs (Bam Morris, anyone?), but determining when to intervene if a player has other types of problems is much harder, especially when the first accusations made against a player seem bogus. Obviously now it's time to intervene with Ben Roethlisberger, and one more screw-up will assuredly cost him his job, and possibly his career.

Dobre Shunka
04-13-2010, 04:13 AM
We'll be fine and this actually shows some decent self respect for an industry that lacks it severely. The Steelers just don't get rid of talented individuals "willy-nilly" but rather they try to work with the person for a better end result. Normally, it works and they can stay on the team, but sometimes sadly it doesn't and you have to bite the bullet, even when others are critical of your decision. Leadership.
We, like everyone have been down this path before, (i.e. holmes of long ago, Bam Morris, Plax) and others. Look at the aftermath of all those individuals, the STeelers in the long run made the right decisions. Yes, it hurts, but sometimes it has to be done.
A long time ago there was a man that the Steelers did not want to give up on, the coach loved him, and they tried everything they could think of to get to him and help. He was the QB of our team, but sadly he was going down the wrong path. They finally had to cut ties with Joe Gilliam and it is said that it pains coach Noll to this day.
Bradshaw was then handed the starting job.

We'll be fine.

scudmissile29
04-13-2010, 04:30 AM
i will be distraught if we dont draft earl thomas

i will hunt down tomlin and kill him lol

Scorp
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Steelres aren't going to put up with it. They're just sending a message to all other players on the team. Stupidity won't be tolerated. I'm sure it's been said already.

BlackGold4vr
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
One way or another, Santonio Holmes has willingly been involved with drugs since he was a teenager, and his "wake and bake" comments show me that he had no plans to change that. Ben Roethlisberger, on the other hand, has only recently exhibited sociopathic tendencies. The Rooney family takes a hard-line stance against drugs (Bam Morris, anyone?), but determining when to intervene if a player has other types of problems is much harder, especially when the first accusations made against a player seem bogus. Obviously now it's time to intervene with Ben Roethlisberger, and one more screw-up will assuredly cost him his job, and possibly his career.

The person who scored the first touchdown in our last SB was also a victim of his own drug problem......Gary Russell. Remember, he was our short yardage RB until he was present in a house that the DEA raided and confiscated massive amounts of MJ. He was cut almost immediately after that incident. :yesnod:

Real Deal Steel
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
We are the best in the league at handling bad eggs. And we will be fine. Cutting Holmes sent a clear message. Ben's suspension will be another message sent.

Once we show the rest of the league what to do, we will again be the shinning star in this league and prove once again why we are the standard that all other teams need to be measured to.