PDA

View Full Version : Wide Recievers

Big T
04-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Im not going to get into how disgusted I am with the Santonio trade but we obviously need help at reciever now....

what would you do?

Draft:

Dez Bryant
Golden Tate
Arrelious Benn
DeMaryius Thomas
Brandon LaFell
Damien Williams
Mardy Gilyard

Trade For:

Brandon Marshall

I think you all know what I want....

DanRooney
04-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Im not going to get into how disgusted I am with the Santonio trade but we obviously need help at reciever now....

what would you do?

Draft:

Dez Bryant
Golden Tate
Arrelious Benn
DeMaryius Thomas
Brandon LaFell
Damien Williams

Trade For:

Brandon Marshall

I think you all know what I want....

It's ok guys really. All we need now is a #1 wide receiver, #2 runningback, center, right guard, #2 CB, DL depth, and possibly more LBs. Yeah guys! Wait...we aren't the Browns?

scudmissile29
04-12-2010, 04:38 AM
I really like -

Mardy Gilyard

Good work ethnic, his story is really nice to read if you have a time.

Mike Wallace is our future #1 receiver, since his game against Cincinnati I knew it.

Big T
04-12-2010, 05:58 AM
I really like -

Mardy Gilyard

Good work ethnic, his story is really nice to read if you have a time.

Mike Wallace is our future #1 receiver, since his game against Cincinnati I knew it.

meant to put him in there...edited in...

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 04:58 AM ---

if there is any light to this Santonio situation, I think its that it looks like Limas Sweed will get more playing time this year...I really do think that's what he needs...he needs reps...he needs to get into a rythm and get his confidence up...I still believe he has the potential to be great...he just needs to get his **** together...We really need him to..

andyg1984
04-12-2010, 08:45 AM
I say trade for Marshall ...the value at 18 is going to be iffy with any1 but Bryant and Thomas int he first, let alone 18 .. i cannot beleive this BS

coldrolled
04-12-2010, 08:49 AM
meant to put him in there...edited in...

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 04:58 AM ---

if there is any light to this Santonio situation, I think its that it looks like Limas Sweed will get more playing time this year...I really do think that's what he needs...he needs reps...he needs to get into a rythm and get his confidence up...I still believe he has the potential to be great...he just needs to get his **** together...We really need him to..

yep, i think all the sweed bashers are going to have to suck it up and start buying #14 jerseys. we wont be drafting a starting WR anytime soon.

K Train
04-12-2010, 09:04 AM
bey bey would be the best guy for us imo.

i like gilyard, tate, williams, benn and lafell all in the second, bryant in and probably bey bey in the first

cmerrifield
04-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I would hate to see us draft a WR in the first, with all the talent that should still be there, I think I would rather spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a WR. This will be a defining year for the Steelers WR. Hopefully we see Sweed and Wallace play to their potential and become our 1 and 2 recievers with Ward the #3 guy.

ward86steelers
04-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I wonder if T.O. has contacted Pittsburgh

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 10:03 AM
I wonder if T.O. has contacted Pittsburgh

LOL, lets hope not!!

ward86steelers
04-12-2010, 10:06 AM
LOL, lets hope not!!

I agree for the most part...but it would let us develope wallace another year. Maybe a one year deal like the bills? I didnt hear any problems with him all last year with the bills.

PsychoWard
04-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't be mad singing T O for a year!!!

ward86steelers
04-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't be mad singing T O for a year!!!

We could also keep our first instead of possibly getting Marshall. I mean we could always cut him if he causes any problems.

BlackGold4vr
04-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Value Board
Second Round Golden Tate, Notre Dame.

Fourth Round Andre Roberts, The Citadel; Carlton Mitchell, South Florida; Marcus Easley, Connecticut.

Fifth Round -- Emmanuel Sanders, SMU.

Sixth Round Joe Webb, Alabama-Birmingham.

Seventh Round Donald Jones, Youngstown State.

Hines Ward was a 3rd round pick. I think we will be fine. :helmet:

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Marshall!!

The Rats got, Stallworth, Boldin - they got better!

We lost our best WR and need VET. help, TO is TO and will never change!!

K Train
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Hines Ward was a 3rd round pick. I think we will be fine. :helmet:

so was willie reid...whats your point

ejsteeler
04-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I think we have what we need in house and apparently, so do the Steelers. Marshall is not the answer. He would be just another problem. We'll see if it was a bad move or not soon enough. I do not think we draft a WR in round 1-4. In fact, I'm thinking we'll end up without picks in one or two of those rounds as we trade up to pick twice in 1 or 2. :dunno:

K Train
04-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I think we have what we need in house and apparently, so do the Steelers. Marshall is not the answer. He would be just another problem. We'll see if it was a bad move or not soon enough. I do not think we draft a WR in round 1-4. In fact, I'm thinking we'll end up without picks in one or two of those rounds as we trade up to pick twice in 1 or 2. :dunno:

marshall just hates mcdaniels. hes from pittsburgh and wants to be here, he just want a decently large deal which he deserves cause hes a straight baller.

we would never trade up in the first or second under these clowns, they have too much pride to find late round gems aka failures. why would they want to make me happy when they clearly hate me

ejsteeler
04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
marshall just hates mcdaniels. hes from pittsburgh and wants to be here, he just want a decently large deal which he deserves cause hes a straight baller.

we would never trade up in the first or second under these clowns, they have too much pride to find late round gems aka failures. why would they want to make me happy when they clearly hate me

:lol:
You have point about Marshall, but I just don't see it happening......

scudmissile29
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
if marshall wnats to be a steeler

he can wait a year, then take the contract the steelers offer, if he doesn't want to to a steeler he wont make the effort to be one.

its up to him.

a brandon marshall mike wallace tandem would mkae bruce arians jizz all over his airhead playbook.

Big T
04-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Brandon Marshall is a top 5 WR in this league and would be absolutely worth every bit of the 18th pick...I would love to get that man...It wont happen but id love it...

Im leaning toward DeMaryius Thomas as well...He's big as hell and goes up and plucks that ball out of the air...Hes also got decent speed for such a large man haha...

K Train
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
he was running 4.3s before he broke his foot.

GT produces some offensive players for such a gimmicky BS offesne

Zachintosh66
04-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I think we can cross Dez, Brandon and Gilyard off the list due to character... Steelers are obviously trying to get back on track. At this point red flags might be enuff to pass someone unless they fell and got great value.

scudmissile29
04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I think we can cross Dez, Brandon and Gilyard off the list due to character... Steelers are obviously trying to get back on track. At this point red flags might be enuff to pass someone unless they fell and got great value.

Gilyard never got introuble

steelcityrockers
04-12-2010, 12:10 PM

No but he did miss a year dude to academic reasons

JensK
04-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I dont really care about character, but about us winning games. I like Dez Bryant a lot! Sure, he messed up with the whole Deion Sander thing, but the year before he was a freak on the field. Also, screw that he forgot some stuff for proday. He wont even have to remember that when he plays for a pro team. I like him a bunch and i really really believe he will be a pro bowl WR within 3 years

JollyRob68
04-12-2010, 01:01 PM

He admitted being a drug dealer as a youth(same as Holmes). The Steelers wont take Dez Bryant or anyone else with a Character issue but it sucks that Holmes is the only fall guy. Theirs going to be a fire storm because of the race issue watch. It was brought up a couple weeks ago and I think if the league doesn't suspend Ben the the Steelers will for 2 games.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 12:01 PM ---

Brandon Marshall is a top 5 WR in this league and would be absolutely worth every bit of the 18th pick...I would love to get that man...It wont happen but id love it...

Im leaning toward DeMaryius Thomas as well...He's big as hell and goes up and plucks that ball out of the air...Hes also got decent speed for such a large man haha...

I would give up my 1st rounder for no one! PAckage some of those other picks for him but Denver is going to play hard ball because they can. offer a 2nd & (2) 5th for him or just get back to being the Steelers and Draft your players.
I wouldnt mind TO but dont want the drama or camera's around. What about Coles? Then again we already brought in 2 vets and need room for a rookie WR and I hope SWEED Develops.

K Train
04-12-2010, 01:03 PM
dez isnt a drug addict or anything...his worst quality is that hes forgetful. sure he missed he season but its not because he murdered a bitch over crack

andyg1984
04-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Marshall would be physically the most talented WR Pitt has ever had , I would have no issues with it ..

i have been all about bay-bay, but i loved holmes .... say what you want about cowher as a coach but he was a waaaaaaayyyyyy better talent evaluator than MT ... THIS IS MIKE TOMLIN RUINING THE TEAM BILL COWHER BUILT!

i am on optimist typically, but i really feel like we just set ourselves back ..

JollyRob68
04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Marshall would be physically the most talented WR Pitt has ever had , I would have no issues with it ..

i have been all about bay-bay, but i loved holmes .... say what you want about cowher as a coach but he was a waaaaaaayyyyyy better talent evaluator than MT ... THIS IS MIKE TOMLIN RUINING THE TEAM BILL COWHER BUILT!

i am on optimist typically, but i really feel like we just set ourselves back ..
Its no longer Cowhers team and Tomlin need to stand on his own or he'll never get credit for winning anything.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 12:46 PM ---

dez isnt a drug addict or anything...his worst quality is that hes forgetful. sure he missed he season but its not because he murdered a bitch over crack

I dont know the story of why he was deemed ineligible to play for lying about his affiliation with Deion Sanders. Somethings was up and something was wrong. It was stated that he 's also not the brightest bulb in the package. In fact they've said that about a fee OKlahoma State guys.

I think if they can get Brandon Marshall for a 2nd & 5th, 2nd or both 5th's or 2nd & 4th then do it. However if they stay put and use those picks to move up in rounds 1-3 or add addition 2nd & 3rds it would be a good draft. They can draft Dorin Dickson.

strong D
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
would love to have brandon marshall but lets all be realistic this is not gonna happen i do like dez bryant alot imo hes another anquan boldin this team just has so many needs rite now i dont see them going wr in the 1st or 2nd unless someone like bryant fell to their pick in the 2nd which wont happen

K Train
04-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Its no longer Cowhers team and Tomlin need to stand on his own or he'll never get credit for winning anything.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 12:46 PM ---

I dont know the story of why he was deemed ineligible to play for lying about his affiliation with Deion Sanders. Somethings was up and something was wrong. It was stated that he 's also not the brightest bulb in the package. In fact they've said that about a fee OKlahoma State guys.

I think if they can get Brandon Marshall for a 2nd & 5th, 2nd or both 5th's or 2nd & 4th then do it. However if they stay put and use those picks to move up in rounds 1-3 or add addition 2nd & 3rds it would be a good draft. They can draft Dorin Dickson.
dieon sanders is very involved with young athletes...it was no foul play but bryant didnt know what to say when he was being questioned about it and it seemed shady. something along those lines

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Prime is a HUGE role model for these young players!!

BlackGold4vr
04-12-2010, 02:20 PM

Andre Roberts from the Citadel which is a military academy. So you know that this kid has his head screwed on straight. Those military academies do not put up with troubled kids. The Steelers like this kid and I would not be surprised to hear his name next week.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81529&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

K Train
04-12-2010, 02:24 PM
we need a stud, not another mid round WR unlikely to make an impact for a few years.

strong D
04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
i agree with u K train hines is on his way out and wallace showed potential and no one knows wat sweed is going to do

BlackGold4vr
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
we need a stud, not another mid round WR unlikely to make an impact for a few years.

We already won a SB with:

#1 Hines Ward
#2 Antwaan Randal-El
#3 Nate Washington
#4 Cedric Wilson

So with the current crop of receivers already on the team we are already better than that because Mike Wallace is definitely better than Nate Washington ever was. This isn't counting any receiver we might draft next week. IMO

Big T
04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I wouldnt be against Bryant at 18 now...

K Train
04-12-2010, 02:33 PM

#1 Hines Ward
#2 Antwaan Randal-El
#3 Nate Washington
#4 Cedric Wilson

So with the current crop of receivers already on the team we are already better than that because Mike Wallace is definitely better than Nate Washington ever was. This isn't counting any receiver we might draft next week. IMO

yeah yeah i know with a 2nd year QB...you foget that means nothing when you have an elite defense and HOF RB being spelled by this young incredibly fast willie parker running behind a brick wall of an oline

our current OC, our current system, our current oline...that group wouldnt get it done imo

strong D
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM

#1 Hines Ward
#2 Antwaan Randal-El
#3 Nate Washington
#4 Cedric Wilson

hines ward and randle el were also much younger then

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2010, 02:43 PM
The difference between that team and this team is night and day. Our defense was suspect last year, we couldn't run to save our life, our OL sucked, injuries everywhere. Unfortunately, IMO, saying we won with those guys at WR means nothing now because the team is not the same all around, period.

K Train
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
yeah that

strong D
04-12-2010, 02:50 PM
just wondering when tomlin came to town did he bring in new scouts/talent evaluators

JensK
04-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Nope, he did not.

tburg68
04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Let's be honest. Our FO and HC have proved that they don't have a FRICKIN clue! They traded a Superbowl MVP for a 5TH FREAKING ROUND PICK! With Holmes on the verge of being suspended, a potential free agent, and the Steelers leaking info about cutting him, IT WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO TRADE HIM! He produced! WR like that don't grow on trees. A trade for Marshall would be the only possible way to upgrade over last year. Anything else will be a MAJOR downgrade.

This is a bad move for the Steelers, no one can say anything else. I have zero confidence in the FO doing anything to make this better.

K Train
04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Let's be honest. Our FO and HC have proved that they don't have a FRICKIN clue! They traded a Superbowl MVP for a 5TH FREAKING ROUND PICK! With Holmes on the verge of being suspended, a potential free agent, and the Steelers leaking info about cutting him, IT WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO TRADE HIM! He produced! WR like that don't grow on trees. A trade for Marshall would be the only possible way to upgrade over last year. Anything else will be a MAJOR downgrade.

This is a bad move for the Steelers, no one can say anything else. I have zero confidence in the FO doing anything to make this better.
who do you think you are this is my job

JensK
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM

lol... Worst thing is, i think most Steelers nation agrees right now.

tburg68
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM

LOL. I am sorry. I humbly back out and defer to your expertise.

Big T
04-12-2010, 05:26 PM
LOL. I am sorry. I humbly back out and defer to your expertise.

:stirpot:

Zachintosh66
04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Im prolly gonna get lynched for this but... I say stay on course for the draft (OL, DB) more than likely. There are more misses with WR in the first round than cats who have panned out...

steelcityrockers
04-12-2010, 07:10 PM

Here's a thought, Mike Williams of Syracuse. He has major red flags (suspended for 2008, kicked off the team last year) but has as high a ceiling as anyone in the draft. I'm the sort of person who could really give a **** about character issues, so I'd take him in the 4th or so, but he will probably go later.

K Train
04-12-2010, 07:38 PM
he might be the steal of the draft, total prick though, using that 5th round pick would certainly spice up my life though

JensK
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
That would be so full of dobbelmoral it would hurt... Id love it though

coach
04-12-2010, 08:41 PM
His release will probably stipulate that he can't carry firearms, so that won't be a worry.

Zachintosh66
04-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Steelers | A. Brown visiting
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:22:11 -0700

Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are meeting with Central Michigan WR Antonio Brown Monday, April 12.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/30/NFL#ixzz0kyyk7rGe