PDA

View Full Version : Witness takes blame for Santonio drink-throwing

Big T
04-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Witness takes blame for Santonio drink-throwing
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2010 3:26 PM ET

Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes has yet another reason for a celebratory "wake n bake."

According to WPXI-TV, Holmes' lawyer claims to have a sworn statement from a man who admits to throwing a drink in the face of the woman who claims that Holmes did it.

Attorney Adam Swickle said that the man admits to throwing a juice drink in the face of Anshonae Mill, but that he didn't throw the glass. Mills claims she was struck by the glass, which cut her under the eyebrow, and temporarily blinded by the contents.

The sworn statement apparently is the evidence to which Swickle was referring on Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/09/witness-takes-blame-for-santonio-drink-throwing/

I is happy now :grin1:. Now can we resign him soon so we dont have to hear anymore of this trade or cut Santonio bullsh*t?

Captcoolhand
04-09-2010, 05:25 PM
so which one was it, he through it, she through it......No wonder the Owners don't comment, they are tired of all the lies.....

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
If this is the case and Holmes can get off the hook then we have one less thing to worry about this offseason and when it's time to play football it will be time to play football!

I've just about enough of the bar scene problems with our players this year...

scudmissile29
04-09-2010, 05:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/09/witness-takes-blame-for-santonio-drink-throwing/

I is happy now :grin1:. Now can we resign him soon so we dont have to hear anymore of this trade or cut Santonio bullsh*t?

your still stupid, pittsburgh wont overpay him, his little twitter scenes imo has cost him dearly.

some people have been born without brains. it's ok though at least u wasnt the person who walked into one of my summer exams not knowing where to sit.

they need to be eradicated from human existance.

but right now i gotta go at the location where the cash is at.... grinding and baking.

SnakeEyes43
04-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Hmmm, well this is good news...hopefully the case against Holmes will be dropped for good. Also the DA is supposed to announce on Monday where it will go with Ben's case. So maybe both will be dismissed and we can get back to focusing on some football!!! :crossfingers:

Big T
04-09-2010, 08:18 PM
your still stupid, pittsburgh wont overpay him, his little twitter scenes imo has cost him dearly.

some people have been born without brains. it's ok though at least u wasnt the person who walked into one of my summer exams not knowing where to sit.

they need to be eradicated from human existance.

but right now i gotta go at the location where the cash is at.... grinding and baking.

I love how you call me stupid and talk about people that have no brains when your post is littered with gramatical errors :clap:...grow up please

Stlrs4Life
04-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Her face was still cut.

lloydfan4life
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Her face was still cut.

Maybe the ice cubes had sharp edges. :dunno: ....or maybe Santonio paid said witness to take the rap. :stirpot:

Captcoolhand
04-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Maybe the ice cubes had sharp edges. :dunno: ....or maybe Santonio paid said witness to take the rap. :stirpot:
Now that wouldn't surprise me!

Danger DANJ
04-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Didn't Holmes originally tell the cops it was a woman that threw the drink? Now it's a man? Something doesn't add up. Either he was lying then or they paid off someone to say they did it. But then again, if you said a woman did it originally, why not pay a woman to say she did it? Hmmm...

tburg68
04-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I love how you call me stupid and talk about people that have no brains when your post is littered with gramatical errors :clap:...grow up please

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Blazedby92
04-10-2010, 01:32 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthum b::yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthumb:

Stairwayto7
04-10-2010, 12:33 PM

Exactly, someone got paid! Holmes had weed in the car last year, then these issues, and the twitter???? I go on records as saying " Santonio Holmes will not sign another contract for the Steelers, because he will not be offered one"

Holmes had a great SuperBowl catch, argueably the best ever, but he lacks size, and some speed. He is a great number two, not a number one. We have a full squad of number twos. Wallace may be able to step up to the number one. Holmes does have a knack, like Ward has, to get open once Bens start scrambling around, he isnt always open on the called play from huddle.

Big T
04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Exactly, someone got paid! Holmes had weed in the car last year, then these issues, and the twitter???? I go on records as saying " Santonio Holmes will not sign another contract for the Steelers, because he will not be offered one"

Holmes had a great SuperBowl catch, argueably the best ever, but he lacks size, and some speed. He is a great number two, not a number one. We have a full squad of number twos. Wallace may be able to step up to the number one. Holmes does have a knack, like Ward has, to get open once Bens start scrambling around, he isnt always open on the called play from huddle.

or someone else threw the glass....

Santonio is a #1 reciever and is the best reciever on this team...Mike Wallace is in no way ready to be #1...he's got potential but all last year he was covered but a 3rd corner or a safety while Santonio was taking on double-teams, more often than not...its funny how you say he doesnt have the knack to get open when Ben scrambles around when a lot of the reason why we got tp the superbowl, and won it, was Santonio's ability to get open when Ben was in trouble...Last ravens game with the controversial TD, AFC Championship Ben scrambles around forever and Holmes gets open and shows what he can do in the open field....how bout the entire last drive of the superbowl and "the catch"?

Be careful what you wish for....you may think we can just get rid of Santonio and not miss a beat, but you know what they say..."you don't know what youve got til its gone"...It would be a huge mistake to get rid of Santonio or not resign him...

Ibleedblk&gld
04-10-2010, 02:10 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071751

An investigator tracked down the witness, who gave a sworn statement saying he threw the glass because the woman was attacking Holmes, Adam Swickle said Friday. Swickle did not identify the witness, but said it was the first person the woman's friends told police threw the glass.

don't think anyone was paid off if this is true

Stairwayto7
04-10-2010, 03:44 PM
or someone else threw the glass....

Santonio is a #1 reciever and is the best reciever on this team...Mike Wallace is in no way ready to be #1...he's got potential but all last year he was covered but a 3rd corner or a safety while Santonio was taking on double-teams, more often than not...its funny how you say he doesnt have the knack to get open when Ben scrambles around when a lot of the reason why we got tp the superbowl, and won it, was Santonio's ability to get open when Ben was in trouble...Last ravens game with the controversial TD, AFC Championship Ben scrambles around forever and Holmes gets open and shows what he can do in the open field....how bout the entire last drive of the superbowl and "the catch"?

Be careful what you wish for....you may think we can just get rid of Santonio and not miss a beat, but you know what they say..."you don't know what youve got til its gone"...It would be a huge mistake to get rid of Santonio or not resign him...

BIG T, please reread what I said, I said that he does have the knack to get open when Ben Scrambles!

Its rare that Ben can go to him on the intended route, in my opinion is would be a great No.2. You have a funny way of changing my words, but I do agree that Wallace isn`t ready to be a No.1 but I do think that with his speed, he has more potential than Holmes of being a solid No. 1

Big T
04-10-2010, 04:10 PM
BIG T, please reread what I said, I said that he does have the knack to get open when Ben Scrambles!

Its rare that Ben can go to him on the intended route, in my opinion is would be a great No.2. You have a funny way of changing my words, but I do agree that Wallace isn`t ready to be a No.1 but I do think that with his speed, he has more potential than Holmes of being a solid No. 1

i misread your post...my apologies on my little rant lol

--- Added 4/10/2010 at 02:10 PM ---

don't think anyone was paid off if this is true

thats what im saying...i understand all of the speculation and unanswered questions but everyone is so quick to assume that Santonio paid someone off...I know there have been a bunch of different versions and sides of the story but is it so hard to believe that Santonio is innocent?

just because he has a bad attitude at times and likes to enjoy some Mary jane from time to time, doesnt automatically make him guilty...Just like when people say that Ben is, without a doubt, guilty because he's such a jerk off the field...ok the dude is an Assh*le, we all know that, but people automatically assume he's guilty because he's a douchebag off the field...

Captcoolhand
04-10-2010, 05:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071751

An investigator tracked down the witness, who gave a sworn statement saying he threw the glass because the woman was attacking Holmes,:wtf:
1st we hear that it was over her not wanting to get up from a seat..
2nd Holmes tried to pay her off not to say nothing....
3rd we heard another women did it....
4th a guy did it...
5th Holmes got attacked like a bitch by a bitch

The truth never changes dude and you already have a handful of too many different stories....

For a nice pay day, I'm sure I was there that night and seen the whole thing.....:yesnod:
(what's 1 more story) :dunno:

Stairwayto7
04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
I hate to say that I was right about Holmes, I knew there would never be another contract in Pittsburgh for him, didn`t know that we would get a 5th round pick!