PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Prospects?

scudmissile29
04-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Mine are

- Sean Weatherspoon
- Mike Iupati
- Myron Rolle

I think Berry is slightly overrated, go look at game film he doesn't try hard enough on the run game when blocked and sometimes he did nothing in a game (yes the other team obviously didnt want to go near him) but still Polamalu and Ed Reed still make plays whilst being taken out of the game.

Who's your most overrated Prospects?

K Train
04-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Mine are

- Sean Weatherspoon
- Mike Iupati
- Myron Rolle

I think Berry is slightly overrated, go look at game film he doesn't try hard enough on the run game when blocked and sometimes he did nothing in a game (yes the other team obviously didnt want to go near him) but still Polamalu and Ed Reed still make plays whilst being taken out of the game.

Who's your most overrated Prospects?

just so you know your saying berry doesnt try hard, thomas doesnt try at all

weatherspoon is a tackling machine and a crazy vocal guy on the field. the dude is violent, not overrated.

dan williams is overrated, jared odrick, chad jones, dez bryant, JPP, ryan matthews and toby gerhart

DanRooney
04-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Eric Berry is a monster. I have no clue what you are talking about.

K Train
04-09-2010, 04:29 PM
best DB prospect ive ever seen, even better than sean taylor RIP

sam bradford wins this thread btw

scudmissile29
04-09-2010, 04:38 PM
What Ed Reed was a much better free safety in college.

Weatherspoon got worked by some premier guards.

andyg1984
04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Carlos Dunlap, JPP, any QB not named Jimmy Clausen, Myron Rolle, Ryan Mattews, Tim Tebow at any position

Two sidebars:

Suh and McCoy are good imo, but I would rather have Ngata than any DL in this draft ...

Lets start the Sam Bradford discussion ... I have looked all over and cannot find much of him throwing under pressure - 4 out of the six OL (Loadholt, Robinson, Williams, Gresham) are legit NFL players ... he also seems to throw into wide lanes and his ball is not real straight/low to the ground/fast ... i remember some1 said he looked like alex smith ...

clausen on the other hand looks like he can make NFL throws .. Why is Bradford ahead of Clausen ?

JensK
04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
What Ed Reed was a much better free safety in college.

Weatherspoon got worked by some premier guards.

Not really. I cannot think of anything Ed Reed did better than Eric Berry.

Weatherspoon is going to be a stud at LB, mark it down. He plays with an extreamly big moter and is as focal as any player. He does not blow up guards as McClain and Spikes does, but he is smarter than both, and faster too. If he added a little weight he would be ideal imo.

strong D
04-09-2010, 07:40 PM
berry is the best prospect ive seen come out in the last few yrs quite possibly the best db prospect ive ever seen hes going to be an animal

scudmissile29
04-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Not really. I cannot think of anything Ed Reed did better than Eric Berry.

Weatherspoon is going to be a stud at LB, mark it down. He plays with an extreamly big moter and is as focal as any player. He does not blow up guards as McClain and Spikes does, but he is smarter than both, and faster too. If he added a little weight he would be ideal imo.

Weatherspoon isn't smarter than McClain

See that is just ignorance.

Ed Reed had far more interceptions.

Ed Reed had 15 tackles in one game, Berry hasn't got close to that mark at college according to stats.

Ed Reed

6 forced fumbles
6 sacks
266 tackles
21 ints

I couldn't find how many he took back for touchdowns but i garuntee about 8.

Eric Berry

2 forced fumbles
3 sacks
241 tackles
14 ints

Ed Reed > Eric Berry

Yes Ed Reed played FS at college and Berry played SS but also played FS at times.

Eric Berry will never be 3/4's of what Ed Reed was, to not admit probably because he is a raven fan is ignorance.

JensK
04-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Weatherspoon isn't smarter than McClain

See that is just ignorance.

Ed Reed had far more interceptions.

Ed Reed had 15 tackles in one game, Berry hasn't got close to that mark at college according to stats.

Ed Reed

6 forced fumbles
6 sacks
266 tackles
21 ints

I couldn't find how many he took back for touchdowns but i garuntee about 8.

Eric Berry

2 forced fumbles
3 sacks
241 tackles
14 ints

Ed Reed > Eric Berry

Yes Ed Reed played FS at college and Berry played SS but also played FS at times.

Eric Berry will never be 3/4's of what Ed Reed was, to not admit probably because he is a raven fan is ignorance.

Its not all about stats. If it was, Nnamdi would be one of the worst CBs in the league, which he is not. As you also say, they did not even play same position, which is another reason not to actually compare stats. Furthermore, Reed player two more years in college than Berry.
Berry is freakishly athletic, and imo as dangerous when he has the ball in his hands. He is a great open-field tackler and he plays the run really well. I cant think of anything Ed Reed, Polamalu or Taylor could do which Berry cant.

scudmissile29
04-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Its not all about stats. If it was, Nnamdi would be one of the worst CBs in the league, which he is not. As you also say, they did not even play same position, which is another reason not to actually compare stats. Furthermore, Reed player two more years in college than Berry.
Berry is freakishly athletic, and imo as dangerous when he has the ball in his hands. He is a great open-field tackler and he plays the run really well. I cant think of anything Ed Reed, Polamalu or Taylor could do which Berry cant.

Eric Berry played 3 years.

If your going to post stats.

Post them correctly and yes i can compare them because Berry was nowhere near the level Ed Reed was in college.

Big T
04-10-2010, 04:12 AM
I honestly don't know how we could get this thread to page 2 without mentioning Taylor Mays...

Bruce Campbell has to be included as well...physically he's everything you would want in a left tackle, but watching him play is painful more often than not...honestly on tape he's no more than a 3rd round developmental project...but the raiders will probably take him at 8, making sure they won't win anytime soon...

And like Ive been saying since he joined, there's no point in arguing with steeldawgswag...the only thing I've ever agreed with him is that Earl Thomas is a monster...other than that he's living in his own little world....

JensK
04-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I have a feeling that Mays is going to fall out of the first round, or at least till the end of the first, and i suppose you could argue that he would have some sort of value there.

scudmissile29
04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I honestly don't know how we could get this thread to page 2 without mentioning Taylor Mays...

Bruce Campbell has to be included as well...physically he's everything you would want in a left tackle, but watching him play is painful more often than not...honestly on tape he's no more than a 3rd round developmental project...but the raiders will probably take him at 8, making sure they won't win anytime soon...

And like Ive been saying since he joined, there's no point in arguing with steeldawgswag...the only thing I've ever agreed with him is that Earl Thomas is a monster...other than that he's living in his own little world....

I can't believe people think Berry is a better prospect than Ed Reed was.

Big T
04-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I can't believe people think Berry is a better prospect than Ed Reed was.

He is...

scudmissile29
04-10-2010, 02:28 PM
He is...

But he isn't.

Ed Reed had higher stats and better stats per game.

JensK
04-10-2010, 02:34 PM
But he isn't.

It never fails to amaze me how focused people can be on stats. Stats do not tell the whole story, period. I dont recall which CB it was or when (saw it on NFL network the other night), but he only had like 7 balls thrown his way a whole season, but 6 of those 7 were completed (iirc). Statwise, thats pretty horrible, but he was the best CB at the time.

Look at Sean Taylor - he was not exactly a statmachine in college, but he is still considered one of the very best Safeties our of college ever.

Big T
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
But he isn't.

the stats arguement is a pointless one to make. Stats rarely ever mean anything. Eric Berry played a lot more strong safety last year and the year before, playing in the box, stopping the run, swing passes, screens etc...Ed Reed was a centerfieder every year at Miami...he was great coming out but Eric Berry is more versitile.

everytime you get into an arguement about a prospect all you resort to is stats and 40 times....You dont appreciate the "dirty" work, the stuff that isnt so flashy, that these guys put in. Thats another reason you think the Oline is fine...It wouldnt be a sexy pick and you are into flash and stats...

ps. have you ever seen Eric Berry with the ball in his hands? just as dangerous and "flashy" as Ed reed was/is...

Dobre Shunka
04-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I think both Thomas and Berry are going to be great players in the NFL.

We know Reed is cuz we have a body of work to look at and discuss, that simple. He's a known quality of a player.

IN the end no one here or anywhere else knows for sure if said player is going to be boom/bust or merely average player in the NFL. All we can do is make a guess, for some an educated guess, but still a gamble. So, quit talking like you know for sure cuz in reality, no one does, not even the so called experts whom are paid to choose.

Big T
04-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I think both Thomas and Berry are going to be great players in the NFL.

We know Reed is cuz we have a body of work to look at and discuss, that simple. He's a known quality of a player.

IN the end no one here or anywhere else knows for sure if said player is going to be boom/bust or merely average player in the NFL. All we can do is make a guess, for some an educated guess, but still a gamble. So, quit talking like you know for sure cuz in reality, no one does, not even the so called experts whom are paid to choose.

youre not understanding what i am saying...Im not saying that Eric Berry is going to be better in the NFL than Ed Reed...Im saying that Eric Berry is a better prospect coming out now, than Ed Reed was when he came out in 2002...

I never once said Eric Berry would be a better pro...

Dobre Shunka
04-11-2010, 02:29 PM
youre not understanding what i am saying...Im not saying that Eric Berry is going to be better in the NFL than Ed Reed...Im saying that Eric Berry is a better prospect coming out now, than Ed Reed was when he came out in 2002...

I wasn't directing that @ you. I was posting rhetorically.

In fact, I agree w/ you on Berry's college resume.

scudmissile29
04-11-2010, 02:40 PM

It just looks like some Steeler fans can't see past the ratbird barrier and see Ed Reed was far greater in Miami.

K Train
04-11-2010, 02:41 PM
eric berry is the best DB prospect ive ever seen. sean taylor was a better prospect than reed too, it actually wouldnt be close. reed was never talked about as a top 5 pick, hes a great player one of the best ever probably but as a pro prospect he wasnt among the elite ones. berry is

Big T
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
It just looks like some Steeler fans can't see past the ratbird barrier and see Ed Reed was far greater in Miami.

absolutely not...Im actually a big Ed Reed fan...I love the way he plays

DanRooney
04-12-2010, 04:10 AM
While we have no #1 receiver anymore, I'll add Arrelious Benn to this thread. We can't draft another guy who can't catch. Tate is our only option at WR.

K Train
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
While we have no #1 receiver anymore, I'll add Arrelious Benn to this thread. We can't draft another guy who can't catch. Tate is our only option at WR.

benn is overrated, but hes pretty talented. i think tate or williams or thomas would be best. not sure how id feel about gilyard or lafell at this point

Big T
04-12-2010, 11:42 AM
benn is overrated, but hes pretty talented. i think tate or williams or thomas would be best. not sure how id feel about gilyard or lafell at this point

gilyard is good slot guy but we need a #1...like I said before, Im liking DeMaryius Thomas as well

K Train
04-12-2010, 11:44 AM
we have a good slot guy named hines ward. i think gilyard is comparable to holmes, but i think we need to find ourselves a superstar at this point

steelcityrockers
04-12-2010, 12:11 PM
we have a good slot guy named hines ward. i think gilyard is comparable to holmes, but i think we need to find ourselves a superstar at this point

Which points to Dez Bryant, if you are going purely on talent.

K Train
04-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Which points to Dez Bryant, if you are going purely on talent.

bryant gets categorized with andre johnson, fitzgerald, calvin johnson and other top picks recently...im not sure he deserves that much praise

JensK
04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
bryant gets categorized with andre johnson, fitzgerald, calvin johnson and other top picks recently...im not sure he deserves that much praise

Had he dominated another year in college instead of that suspension i think the praise would be well deserved. I mean, he was unstoppable in 08.

K Train
04-12-2010, 01:06 PM
i think hes a crabtree tier more than calvin/andre johnson

JensK
04-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Even so, that is still not to bad :P

steelcityrockers
04-12-2010, 06:55 PM

No but probably the most talented receiver SINCE Calvin Johnson, although Crabtree/a faster Anquan Boldin is a good comparison.