PDA

View Full Version : Holmes rumor...

LatrobePA
04-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Seems everyone over the radio waves and out here think Holmes will be the escape goat.

Anyone hearing this, or think he could be out of Pittsburgh over this whole deal??

steelersbabex25
04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Haven't heard anything about that, but I personally don't think thats going to happen. :2cents:

75Steeler
04-06-2010, 07:08 PM
That case doesn't have much backbone but the NFL can do what they want so we will have to wait and see.

Big T
04-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I said this about Ben's situation and its the same for Santonio's...its he said/she said with a very sketchy "victim"....I dont see him being charged and if he's not charged he will not be suspended, cut, traded or anything like that...the worst case scenario would be if Santonio gets charged but even if he does he wont be cut or traded...he would probably get a 4 game suspension...

But like I said, he's not going to get charged, suspended, cut or traded...

TEEMONT
04-06-2010, 07:27 PM
escape goat huh....where's he escaping to?

Big T
04-06-2010, 07:30 PM
That case doesn't have much backbone but the NFL can do what they want so we will have to wait and see.

Santonio has not been charged nor arrested and, under the Personal Conduct Policy, the NFL cannot suspend him if neither occur....

--- Added 4/6/2010 at 05:30 PM ---

I thought the same thing....

steelers4life66
04-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Seems everyone over the radio waves and out here think Holmes will be the escape goat.

Anyone hearing this, or think he could be out of Pittsburg over this whole deal??

I don't think anything will come from the Steelers over all this sh*t when the smoke clears......but, I wouldn't want to be the next Steelers player to F up.

LatrobePA
04-06-2010, 10:19 PM

Unemployment line!

SteelCityKid5
04-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't think anything will happen. Also, Latrobe... its scapegoat.. just helping out.

Zachintosh66
04-07-2010, 12:50 AM
on another note... i heard (from other boards) that Holmes pissed dirty and will receive 4 games suspension, serious... anyone else?

JensK
04-07-2010, 02:08 AM
well, go sweed!

scudmissile29
04-07-2010, 05:59 AM
I said this about Ben's situation and its the same for Santonio's...its he said/she said with a very sketchy "victim"....I dont see him being charged and if he's not charged he will not be suspended, cut, traded or anything like that...the worst case scenario would be if Santonio gets charged but even if he does he wont be cut or traded...he would probably get a 4 game suspension...

But like I said, he's not going to get charged, suspended, cut or traded...

dude rooney i guess isnt pleased that he publicly went along telling fans to die on his twitter page.

im guessing rooney prefers to not have role models like that.... thats why he hasnt tweeted for awhile lmao i bet he got busted

i wouldnt be suprised to see some fine or ban w/e from the rooneys for that tweet or several

BlitzburghRockCity
04-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Holmes isn't going to be out of Pittsburgh over this..I mean seriously if people actually thought for 2 seconds that the Rooney's are going to get rid of their 2 time super bowl winning QB and Super Bowl XLIII MVP, then they need to have a serious couch session with a mental health professional.

He's going to be here, he's going to be on the field, he's going to be productive and be a big part of the offense this year...end of story.

LatrobePA
04-07-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't think anything will happen. Also, Latrobe... its scapegoat.. just helping out.

Thanks for looking out!

This team has something up their sleeve! I got a feeling a big trade may be coming....

JollyRob68
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I wouldnt be surprised to see a draft day trade. He's in the last year of his deal and the front office is tired of him.

coldrolled
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Holmes isn't going to be out of Pittsburgh over this..I mean seriously if people actually thought for 2 seconds that the Rooney's are going to get rid of their 2 time super bowl winning QB and Super Bowl XLIII MVP, then they need to have a serious couch session with a mental health professional.

He's going to be here, he's going to be on the field, he's going to be productive and be a big part of the offense this year...end of story.

Holmes will pay the girl some cash and the throwing of the glass incident will be over.

please this is stupid.

the browns carry cocked and loaded guns in an airport, which i think is a felony. i dont here the browns sending their NT to the dogs.. :greengrin:

scudmissile29
04-07-2010, 10:58 AM

really hes going to be here maybe for 1 final year.

just like plaxico.

the similarities are uncanny.

4 words

SHOW ME THE MONEY

that is exactly him

Blazedby92
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Don't worry people we are in good HANDS with Sweed and I say that with the up most sarcasm.

StillerLady1029
04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I look at it this way, the last time Holmes got arrested or any other big trouble with the Steelers we went to the Super Bowl.

coldrolled
04-07-2010, 11:57 AM
maybe we are trading holmes for a few good draft picks.

see whos in town.. today..

The five players include two big-name wide receivers, Notre Dame's Golden Tate and Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant. Also at their facility today is Oregon running back LaGarrette Blount. Blount was suspended by his team for much of last season for punching an opponent and Bryant was suspended by the NCAA for having a relationship with an agent and he played in only three games.

The two other visitors are linebackers, Koa Misi of Utah and Adrian Tracy of William & Mary.

Stlrs4Life
04-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Holmes being traded hasn't nothing to do with him being a scapegoat?

LatrobePA
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
maybe we are trading holmes for a few good draft picks.

see whos in town.. today..

The five players include two big-name wide receivers, Notre Dame's Golden Tate and Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant. Also at their facility today is Oregon running back LaGarrette Blount. Blount was suspended by his team for much of last season for punching an opponent and Bryant was suspended by the NCAA for having a relationship with an agent and he played in only three games.

The two other visitors are linebackers, Koa Misi of Utah and Adrian Tracy of William & Mary.

I'm telling you, something big will happen trade wise!!

--- Added 4/7/2010 at 11:11 AM ---

Holmes being traded hasn't nothing to do with him being a scapegoat?

Sure it does, Ben and him both in "trouble" and Holmes to take the fall...Bet ya!!

coldrolled
04-07-2010, 02:26 PM

Sure it does, Ben and him both in "trouble" and Holmes to take the fall...Bet ya!!

we sawp holmes for brandon marshall

Blazedby92
04-07-2010, 03:44 PM
we sawp holmes for brandon marshall

NO THANK YOU, so far we don't have a cancer in the locker room but we do that we will, you freakin crazy:nono:

steelers25
04-07-2010, 05:24 PM
i heard he might be traded to the browns.. dont believe it ...it will never happen...by the way you spelled pittsburgh wrong

Dobre Shunka
04-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Curious, where do you all "hear" these rumors?:helmet:

steelers25
04-07-2010, 09:36 PM
web sites that are NOT true...LMAO

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Ed Bouchette was on KDKA saying he thinks this will be Holmes last year. He's wants to be paid what he's worth,well in his mind. He wants to play in a bigger market ,which I don't understand why that's a big deal. Hell put up some numbers over a whole season and ya may find the STEELERS are willing to pay ya.
He's lot like our last first round pick,Plexiglass, lots of potential but hasn't lived up to it so far...:2cents:

cmerrifield
04-07-2010, 11:47 PM
If Holmes wants a HUGE payday, I would rather trade him. Wallace is doing better than we thought and could easily replace Holmes. We could draft another receiver and give Sweed one more chance as well.

DanRooney
04-08-2010, 03:42 AM
NO THANK YOU, so far we don't have a cancer in the locker room but we do that we will, you freakin crazy:nono:

Marshall a cancer and Holmes wouldn't be even if he holds out or demands a high contract? Hmm don't think so.

--- Added 4/8/2010 at 01:42 AM ---

Ed Bouchette was on KDKA saying he thinks this will be Holmes last year. He's wants to be paid what he's worth,well in his mind. He wants to play in a bigger market ,which I don't understand why that's a big deal. Hell put up some numbers over a whole season and ya may find the STEELERS are willing to pay ya.
He's lot like our last first round pick,Plexiglass, lots of potential but hasn't lived up to it so far...:2cents:

Ed Bitchboy also thinks the Rooney's will trade Roethlisberger. The guy has gone beyond retarded in the past 2 months.

coldrolled
04-08-2010, 09:21 AM

everyone seems to be going to the bengals and ravens. eventually we will be out manned. wards not getting younger. just a thought. he'll probably play along side ocho and TO.

Blazedby92
04-08-2010, 12:30 PM
everyone seems to be going to the bengals and ravens. eventually we will be out manned. wards not getting younger. just a thought. he'll probably play along side ocho and TO.

We have Wallace and a reciever that can get open but not catch.
Even if Tone is a cancer which I don't think he is, then I would rather stick to someone already established to the locker room.

BUT, I would do a SWEED for MARSHALL trade, since everybody on here THINKS Sweed will be good surely other teams see it too so lets trade him.

LatrobePA
04-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Sweed will have 20TD's and over 1000 yards this year!!

Blazedby92
04-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey might need to pinch yourself to wake up.
Wishful thinking though, I had it for 2 yrs not no more.

K Train
04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
robert meachem led the saints in catches, yards, TDs, yards per catch as a #3 WRs after spending 3 years non existent on the bench. its really not that insane to think sweed might turn the corner

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
robert meachem led the saints in catches, yards, TDs, yards per catch as a #3 WRs after spending 3 years non existent on the bench. its really not that insane to think sweed might turn the corner

Exactly and Meachem was a first round pick.....Some times it takes time for guys to develop.........I'm not giving up on Sweed yet.....Especially with the latest rumor that Holmes wants out of Pittsburgh since he feels the Steelers won't pay him what he is worth in his mind......To bad I really like Holmes......I wonder if the Steelers will look at a WR early in the draft now?.....

LatrobePA
04-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Thanks!

Sweed will be elite!!

ejsteeler
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Sweed will have 20TD's and over 1000 yards this year!!

Some one bookmark this post for later! :lol:

LatrobePA
04-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Some one bookmark this post for later! :lol:

LOL, I may be stretching it a bit, but here's to wishing!! :crossfingers:

IMO we are sitting on a goldmine!!

coldrolled
04-08-2010, 08:44 PM
LOL, I may be stretching it a bit, but here's to wishing!! :crossfingers:

IMO we are sitting on a goldmine!!

i wouldnt give up on sweed to fast.

this may be his year to open up his game.

like i said.. if were as hard on ben's endzone int's as we were on sweeds drops as a rookie.

ben would be gone... but he gets to keep trying so he is better.
when will doixon get better? when he is on the field playing real games.
until then he is not going anywhere.

experience makes you better... sweed needs some time on the field. standing on the sideline doesnt build any confidence.

--- Added 4/8/2010 at 06:27 PM ---

Bonus

Adam B. Swickle sent the evidence to the lead investigator Wednesday by overnight mail. He would not disclose what information was provided that he hopes will derail any criminal case against the Steelers receiver.

"We have received substantial and . . . undisputed evidence that Santonio Holmes had nothing to do with the throwing of that liquor. He was not the one that did it," Mr. Swickle said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10098/1048873-100.stm#ixzz0kYQOf4pP

--- Added 4/8/2010 at 06:44 PM ---

more people writing this: bleacher report

If the Steelers do believe that Holmes's future in the Burgh is over, look for them to possibly make a trade during the first round of the NFL Draft.

As I stated in my previous article, don't be shocked to hear that the Steelers and Dolphins work out a trade for Holmes.

If, in fact, the Steelers do deal Holmes, don't be too surprised if they make a run at restricted free agent Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos.

Marshall was born in Pittsburgh, and previously stated that he would enjoy playing for the Steelers. Other than his occasional attitude, Marshall plays the type of football that the Pittsburgh Steelers play: TOUGH.

or maybe oakland for a

asomugha .... spelling??

DanRooney
04-09-2010, 05:46 AM
We have Wallace and a reciever that can get open but not catch.
Even if Tone is a cancer which I don't think he is, then I would rather stick to someone already established to the locker room.

BUT, I would do a SWEED for MARSHALL trade, since everybody on here THINKS Sweed will be good surely other teams see it too so lets trade him.

lmao are you high? Sweed for Marshall, who has multiple 1000+ yard seasons and a first round tender next to his name? Marshall is a legitimate #1 receiver. Santonio isn't even that yet.

--- Added 4/9/2010 at 03:46 AM ---

Colston and Henderson had more yards and catches than Meachem.

Dobre Shunka
04-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Sweeeeed still has the potential to be great.

It's all up to him.

Getting rid of him is pure crazy talk.:eek1:

scudmissile29
04-09-2010, 09:03 AM
I would trade Swwed for Marshal and swap 1sts.

The difference between meachem and sweed is the latter has psyhcologic problems.

Blazedby92
04-09-2010, 09:50 AM
lmao are you high? Sweed for Marshall, who has multiple 1000+ yard seasons and a first round tender next to his name? Marshall is a legitimate #1 receiver. Santonio isn't even that yet.

First of all yes I was, second since you seem to not interpret what you read I was being SARCASTIC,freakin tool. You are always trying to stir ****, think before you type.

--- Added 4/9/2010 at 07:50 AM ---

[QUOTE=Dobre Shunka;340523]Sweeeeed still has the potential to be great.

It's all up to him.

Getting rid of him is pure crazy talk.:eek1:

Here is another sweed fan, I was 2 yrs ago but he has done nothing to prove crap, yes he can get open and block, well that's nice and all but someone forgot to tell him to bring his hands he used in college. I will still cheer for him but I have lost faith in him.

DanRooney
04-09-2010, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=No l Gravity l;340516]lmao are you high? Sweed for Marshall, who has multiple 1000+ yard seasons and a first round tender next to his name? Marshall is a legitimate #1 receiver. Santonio isn't even that yet.

First of all yes I was, second since you seem to not interpret what you read I was being SARCASTIC,freakin tool. You are always trying to stir ****, think before you type.

I'm sorry you get offended by a guy asking if you were high. I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. There isn't a sarcasm font. What am I to expect? People on here thought I was crazy when I said Farrior reeked this year and are only now getting the picture that he lost about 8 steps. There are a lot of dumb people on this board with a few quality posters. I couldn't tell which one you were.

LatrobePA
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM

Now we know the answer!!

K Train
04-12-2010, 12:58 PM

--- Added 4/9/2010 at 03:46 AM ---

Colston and Henderson had more yards and catches than Meachem.

my bad...either way he was up in TDs and per catch. impressive for a #3