PDA

View Full Version : walterFootball.com steelers Mock

JollyRob68
04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Heres what they selected for the Steelers through the 5th round. Tell me what you think.

1 Rolando McClain (slip because of position & Chrons. Thomas was still on the board)
2 Domonique Franks CB
3 John Jerry OG
4 Thaddeus Gibson DE/OLB
5 Anthony Dixon RB
5b Barry Church SS
5c Ekom Udofia NT

I think that would be a awesome Draft :imho::cope:

coldrolled
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Heres what they selected for the Steelers through the 5th round. Tell me what you think.

1 Rolando McClain (slip because of position & Chrons. Thomas was still on the board)
2 Domonique Franks CB
3 John Jerry OG
4 Thaddeus Gibson DE/OLB
5 Anthony Dixon RB
5b Barry Church SS
5c Ekom Udofia NT

I think that would be a awesome Draft :imho::cope:

1-4 would be great..... im in on all those...

the 5th's need tennant or olsen... we need a center...

Big T
04-06-2010, 06:35 PM
1-4 would be great..... im in on all those...

the 5th's need tennant or olsen... we need a center...

we do need a center but neither Tennant nor Olsen will be the answer...they just arent good...

I absolutely love the 1st and the 4th but Thaddeus Gibson will not be there in the 4th...he may not even be there when we pick at 52...

K Train
04-06-2010, 06:40 PM
my god i would cry with tears of pure joy

JollyRob68
04-07-2010, 09:08 AM
my god i would cry with tears of pure joy

Thats what I said when I read it.

scudmissile29
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I doubt Rolando will fall maybe to the Giants, that's it.

coldrolled
04-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I doubt Rolando will fall maybe to the Giants, that's it.

if we trade up to #9 and the jags take tebow at #18.

what pick do we give up for the move? 3rd or 4th...

JollyRob68
04-07-2010, 04:02 PM

I'd give up a 4th if not Stay at 18.

coldrolled
04-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I'd give up a 4th if not Stay at 18.

So at #9 we have a guaranteed player we really like...

we lose a #4.. and that great player in the 4th will be???

trade to #9 for the 4th round pick... all day!

Dobre Shunka
04-07-2010, 06:36 PM
That would be a great draft.

Centers: A 2nd round pick of Baylor's J.D. Walton would be a solid pickup if there.
4rth and beyond, Estes is a workhorse w/ a NCAA record of starts to back it up and even Chris Fisher in the late, late rounds could be a good sleeper grab.

Matt McCracken (G) of Richmond anchored one of the top O lines in Division 1-AA and maybe a target for a Steeler's late round pickup.

Tackles, there is Okung, then everyone else however, Davis is a legit target early or maybe big Sam Young late.

coach
04-07-2010, 08:05 PM
we do need a center but neither Tennant nor Olsen will be the answer...they just arent good...

I absolutely love the 1st and the 4th but Thaddeus Gibson will not be there in the 4th...he may not even be there when we pick at 52...

I was reading that Cleveland loves this guy so I agree he will be gone by the time they pick (38 I think).

scudmissile29
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM

I dunno Buffalo could maybe want Bualaga at 9 to replace Jason Peters.

It's a trade with denver if he falls past Jaguars.

I don't think people can move up for him because he is such high demand, im guessing if u want him like the giants your hoping he falls.

maybe teams pass on his medical issues i doubt it though.

JollyRob68
04-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Mel Kiper & Todd Mcshay have The Steelers taken POuncey. However, Todd McShay still had Joe Haden on the board.
I DONT THINK THE STEELERS WOULD PASS ON JOE HADEN BECAUSE THE VALUE & NEED IS TO GOOD NOT TO PICK HIM. AM I CORRECT ON THIS POINT?

scudmissile29
04-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Mel Kiper & Todd Mcshay have The Steelers taken POuncey. However, Todd McShay still had Joe Haden on the board.
I DONT THINK THE STEELERS WOULD PASS ON JOE HADEN BECAUSE THE VALUE & NEED IS TO GOOD NOT TO PICK HIM. AM I CORRECT ON THIS POINT?

i dunno to be honest i think kyle wilson is the best cornerback in this years draft....

its all about personal opinion.

i dont like kiper he looks like an idiot and always chooses the wrong pick. just saying

andyg1984
04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
i am not crazy about kiper, but people always seem to remember kiper's bad calls, he has made some good ones over the years ahead of the pack don't forget ..

coldrolled
04-08-2010, 04:32 PM

you have to pick haden.. but he wont be there.

Dobre Shunka
04-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Haden could very possibly be there @ 18. Someone is going to be there depending on how it all plays out. Just like every draft.
Davis, McClain, Haden, Wilson, Thomas, Williams
Most likely at least two of these guys will be there for us @ 18. The question is do the Steelers like anyone of them enough to pull the trigger, or do they have someone else in mind? Do they like anyone of them more than a Pouncey, iupati, Beadles like pick?
That's why all of us arm chair athletes watch the draft.

JollyRob68
04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Haden could very possibly be there @ 18. Someone is going to be there depending on how it all plays out. Just like every draft.
Davis, McClain, Haden, Wilson, Thomas, Williams
Most likely at least two of these guys will be there for us @ 18. The question is do the Steelers like anyone of them enough to pull the trigger, or do they have someone else in mind? Do they like anyone of them more than a Pouncey, iupati, Beadles like pick?
That's why all of us arm chair athletes watch the draft.

If they like Zane Beadles and agree with other experts that he could become a center in a year or 2 then they may not take Pouncey in rd 1. But what if Zane is as soft as Urbik? Thats what they were saying at the Sr bowl.

Dobre Shunka
04-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Yea, "if" is the operative word cuz we really have no idea.

The point being that one of the talked about "names" is going to be there @ 18 for us to choose, and it will be interesting to see what they do. IF they (the Steelers), are thinking like all of us mockers on the net they grab said person. IF not they take someone else and this MB will be rollin.

Frankly, I can't wait. LOL

JollyRob68
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
WHO THE HELL KNOW NOWS WITH HOMES ONLY BEING TRADED FOR A 5TH WHAT THEY WILL DO. THEY'LL PROBABLY MOVE BACK AND DRAFT A WR. PERHAPS THE STEELERS WILL TRADE DOWN WITH THE JETS ON DRAFT DAY AND GET A SECOND THEN DRAFT A WR. THE DRAFT IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING.