PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010 draft discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

K Train
04-05-2010, 11:54 PM
16 days away im tired of jumping all over the place with the threads.

heres what the steelers board seems to looks like (assuming guys like berry, suh and mccoy are gone)

1: Joe Haden
2: Mike Iupati
3: Earl Thomas
4: Maurkice Pouncey
5: Brandon Graham
6: Trent Williams
7: Kyle Wilson
8: Jared Odrick
9: Sean Weatherspoon
10: Kareem Jackson

iupati, odrick and jackson would **** me off....spoon and wilson i could live with and the rest would make me happy

mine would be more like

Thomas
Haden
Mcclain
Pouncey
Graham
Davis
Trent Williams
Spoon
Wilson
Kindle-just for shits and gigs

K Train
04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
also ill do a breakdown of my top prospects by round (around the middle of the rounds)

First Round:
Thomas
Haden
Mcclain
Pouncey
Graham
CJ Spiller
Davis
Trent Williams
Spoon
Wilson
Kindle

leaving out mays, odrick, dan williams who have no value to me

Second Round

Kareem Jackson
Patrick Robinson
Terrence Cody
Cam Thomas
Jonathan Dwyer
Golden Tate
Demaryius Thomas
Nate Allen
Ricky Sapp
Brandon Ghee

Third Round

Thaddeus Gibson
Brandon Spikes
Alex Carrington
Linval Joeseph
Vladimir Duccasse
John Jerry
Al Woods
Torrel Troupe
Jason Worilds

Fourth Round:

Lagarette Blount
Ciron Black
Tony Washington
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Morgan Burnett

Fifth Round and beyond:

Joe Webb
Mike Williams
Micah Johnson
Obrien Schofield
Brandon Lang
Demarcus Granger
Kam Chancellor
Trindon Holliday

Zachintosh66
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM
First Round:
Heart = Thomas
Feeling = Iupati :(

Not feeling: Weatherspoon, Cody, Bryant, A. Davis or Graham (although Graham will be good).

Later Rounds Likes:
Kareem Jackson
Patrick Robinson
Terrence Cody
Cam Thomas
Jonathan Dwyer
Nate Allen
Brandon Ghee
Thaddeus Gibson
Brandon Spikes
Linval Joeseph
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Morgan Burnett
Donavan Warren
Dominique Franks
Reshad Jones
Chad Jones
Darrell Stuckey
Ed Wang
Barry Church
Kurt Coleman
Ben Tate
Joique Bell
Freddie Barnes
Mike Johnson
Dan Williams
Mike Neal

Later Round Dislikes:
Lagarette Blount
Kam Chancellor
Toby Gerhart
Dexter McCluster
Brian Price
Carlos Dunlap

Black@Gold Forever32
04-06-2010, 01:47 AM
No Arthur Moats or Adrian Tracy on your boards for round 4th and beyond?.....I like these two for second day sleepers....Tracy went to William and Mary.....So I'm sure Tomlin might have an interest in taking him.....

First Round its simple for me......

Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Maurkice Pouncey, C.J. Spiller or Kyle Wilson for me.....

Second Round

Cam Thomas, Kareem Jackson, Nate Allen, Jamar Chaney, Jared Veldheer (this years Sebastian Vollmer)......

Third Round

Alex Carrington, John Jerry, Linvall Josepth, Torrell Troup, Jeremy Williams, Ben Tate, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

Fourth Round

Lagarette Blount, Ciron Black,Tony Washington, Eric Norwood, Myron Lewis, Robert Johnson, Myron Rolle

Fifth Round and Beyond

Arthur Moats, Adrian Tracy, Brandon Deaderick, Clifton Geathers, Marcus Easley, Shay Hodge, Nate Byham, Barry Church,

I could list more but this is good for now

Big T
04-06-2010, 02:22 AM
this thread is definitely a good idea...having said that, with just over two weeks until the draft (Im getting giddy as f*ck), you know steeldawgswag is going to make a few more earl Thomas threads....

JensK
04-06-2010, 03:06 AM
it really depends on what site you look at. Nfl network talked with a guy from post-gazette who said steelers are really high on wilson and pouncey, with thomas as a close second... No talk about Iupati at all.

coldrolled
04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
#1 MCClain, Thomas, Weatherspoon, Wilson, Graham

#2 Patrick Robinson, Dominque Franks, Daryl Washington, Veldheer, Carlos Dunlap

#3 Asamoah, Angerer, John Jerry, Perish Cox, Tim Tebow

#4 Matt Tennant, Eric Olsen

Zachintosh66
04-06-2010, 09:00 AM
We can pretty much pencil in the top of the draft already:

1. Rams, Bradford
2. Lions, Suh
3. TB, G McCoy
4. Skins, Okung

scudmissile29
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM
id love to have earl thomas and micah johnson in the same draft.

K Train
04-06-2010, 10:11 AM
We can pretty much pencil in the top of the draft already:

1. Rams, Bradford
2. Lions, Suh
3. TB, G McCoy
4. Skins, Okung

lions will be flipping a coin between suh and okung. i think they should take suh and move up from the 34th pick to jump the colts and get charles brown though

K Train
04-06-2010, 10:14 AM
i stickied the thread

BlackGold4vr
04-06-2010, 11:46 AM
I believe the best way to help our defense is to beef up one of the poorest O-lines in the league. The line that is going to shorten the career of our franchise QB and the same line that consistently cannot pick-up a third or fourth and INCHES. By the time we reach the second round the O-line impact players who could immediately help are gone. What is left are the project players and perrenial back-ups. The second round is littered with players like Tony Hills or Kraig Urbik's.

Chucky Okobi
Drew Caylor
Marvin Philip
A.Q. Shipley

These are the centers we have drafted in the past decade. Where are they now?

Sean Mahan
Justin Hartwig

These are the free agent center aquisitions, not much better.......

Last good center we drafted? Dermontti Dawson/44th overall pick/1988

Do you remember those run dominant teams of the 90's? Was there a better center in the league than Dermontti?

Our team will continue to struggle if they cannot improve the offensive line. This is an opportunity to draft a center who could anchor this teams line for the next decade. If they take a corner or a safety in the first they may as well take defense with the rest of their picks as well because these guys will be spending a lot of time on the field. Our poor offensive line has made our offense one dimensional. We pass, and when we can't pass, we punt. Every team we face with good cover skills has the opportunity to blow us out because we cannot move people off the line of scrimmage to create running lanes. To all those enamored with Earl Thomas, go back and rewatch those losses to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns. Watch how our offense couldn't move the ball and couldn't protect Ben. Watch how tired the defense is because the offense cannot generate first downs. Want to see a repeat of that this season?

Cleveland........7 sacks Are you friggin kidding me?

I think the choice is easy. You take Pouncey and he starts the season at RG. By mid-season you move him over to center and put in Ramon Foster at RG. The move immediately improves the talent and performance of this O-line. What good is a shut-down defense if the offense can't make first downs to stay on the field?

:2cents:

K Train
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM
I believe the best way to help our defense is to beef up one of the poorest O-lines in the league. The line that is going to shorten the career of our franchise QB and the same line that consistently cannot pick-up a third or fourth and INCHES. By the time we reach the second round the O-line impact players who could immediately help are gone. What is left are the project players and perrenial back-ups. The second round is littered with players like Tony Hills or Kraig Urbik's.

Chucky Okobi
Drew Caylor
Marvin Philip
A.Q. Shipley

These are the centers we have drafted in the past decade. Where are they now?

Sean Mahan
Justin Hartwig

These are the free agent center aquisitions, not much better.......

Last good center we drafted? Dermontti Dawson/44th overall pick/1988

Do you remember those run dominant teams of the 90's? Was there a better center in the league than Dermontti?

Our team will continue to struggle if they cannot improve the offensive line. This is an opportunity to draft a center who could anchor this teams line for the next decade. If they take a corner or a safety in the first they may as well take defense with the rest of their picks as well because these guys will be spending a lot of time on the field. Our poor offensive line has made our offense one dimensional. We pass, and when we can't pass, we punt. Every team we face with good cover skills has the opportunity to blow us out because we cannot move people off the line of scrimmage to create running lanes. To all those enamored with Earl Thomas, go back and rewatch those losses to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns. Watch how our offense couldn't move the ball and couldn't protect Ben. Watch how tired the defense is because the offense cannot generate first downs. Want to see a repeat of that this season?

Cleveland........7 sacks Are you friggin kidding me?

I think the choice is easy. You take Pouncey and he starts the season at RG. By mid-season you move him over to center and put in Ramon Foster at RG. The move immediately improves the talent and performance of this O-line. What good is a shut-down defense if the offense can't make first downs to stay on the field?

:2cents:

cleveland gets 7 sacks because they use rogers to just blow right up the middle...the lack of play at center is a killer. pouncey would remove that problem. then next year we can draft his brother lol

tburg68
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
cleveland gets 7 sacks because they use rogers to just blow right up the middle...the lack of play at center is a killer. pouncey would remove that problem. then next year we can draft his brother lol

His brother is moving to center for his senior year. Those two in the middle of or line would solve a lot of problems.

K Train
04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
heres my man crush mock

1. Pouncey C Florida
2. Patrick Robinson CB FSU
3. Thaddeus Gibson OLB Ohio State
4. Brandon Spikes MLB Florida
4. Al Woods NT/DE LSU
5. Lagarrette Blount RB Oregon
5. Ciron Black T/G LSU
6. Obrien Schofield OLB Wisconsin
7. Demarcus Granger DT Oklahoma

i dont really know the comp picks but i keep seeing 3 4ths so i went with it
something like that would make me beyond happy

BlackGold4vr
04-07-2010, 03:20 PM
1-18 Maurkice Pouncey / C / 6'5 318 / Fla
2-52 Vladimir Ducasse / G / 6'4 326 / Mass
3-84 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah / CB / 6'1 195 / IUP
4-116 Anthony Dixon / RB / 6'1 245 / Miss St.
5-151 Kam Chancellor / S / 6'4 226 / VA Tech
5-164 Darryl Sharpton / MLB / 6'0 230 / Miami (Fl)
5-166 Dez Briscoe / WR / 6'3 200 / Kansas
6-188 Nate Bynum / TE / 6'5 250 / Pitt
7-225 Vince Oghobaase / DT/DE / 6'6 310 / Duke
7-242 Al Woods / DT/DE / 6'4 311 / LSU

This years starting O-line:

Starks_Kemoeatu_Pouncey_Ducasse_Colon

K Train
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
1-18 Maurkice Pouncey / C / 6'5 318 / Fla
2-52 Vladimir Ducasse / G / 6'4 326 / Mass
3-84 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah / CB / 6'1 195 / IUP
4-116 Anthony Dixon / RB / 6'1 245 / Miss St.
5-151 Kam Chancellor / S / 6'4 226 / VA Tech
5-164 Darryl Sharpton / MLB / 6'0 230 / Miami (Fl)
5-166 Dez Briscoe / WR / 6'3 200 / Kansas
6-188 Nate Bynum / TE / 6'5 250 / Pitt
7-225 Vince Oghobaase / DT/DE / 6'6 310 / Duke
7-242 Al Woods / DT/DE / 6'4 311 / LSU

This years starting O-line:

Starks_Kemoeatu_Pouncey_Ducasse_Colon
no way we want ducasse, hes garbage and a guard

no way al woods slips out of the 4th after lighting up the combine

chancellor sucks

pouncey makes the draft worth it but aside from him and Akwasi Owusu-Ansah this draft resembles last years fiasco of failures

EDIT i would actually be intrigued by dixon. i missed him in the list

JensK
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Dont think they are going to start two rookies in the o-line anyway. They would probably start pouncey at RG, but ducasse,should he be drafted, would not start.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I want Jared Veldheer.......I don't think he will be there when the Steelers pick in the third but I can hope......I don't think the Steelers will draft two OL on the first day of the draft either...So if Pouncey is the pick at 18 which is fine by me then I don't expect any more first day picks on OL...But if the Steelers could trade down a few spots and then draft Pouncey then maybe they could spend a pick on another OL with one of their extra picks....

tburg68
04-09-2010, 11:16 AM
In order of want if they are available at 18.

1. Thomas

2. Pouncey

3. Haden

4. McClain

5. Wilson

BlackGold4vr
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I want Jared Veldheer.......I don't think he will be there when the Steelers pick in the third but I can hope......I don't think the Steelers will draft two OL on the first day of the draft either...So if Pouncey is the pick at 18 which is fine by me then I don't expect any more first day picks on OL...But if the Steelers could trade down a few spots and then draft Pouncey then maybe they could spend a pick on another OL with one of their extra picks....

Actually, nobody will get more than 1 first day pick. The draft is now going to go to a 3 day format so they can milk the hell out of the sponsors.

Day 1 - 1st round only (Thurs)
Day 2 - 2nd & 3rd rounds only (Fri)
Day 3 - 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th rounds (Sat)

I for one am not happy about the new format and stretching this thing out over 3 days to milk it for more money. I hope the ratings suck and they go back to the old format next year. I may just follow along on the internet and leave the TV off to protest and deny them the ratings bonanza they seek. :yesnod:

scudmissile29
04-19-2010, 12:37 PM
My Draftboard would look like this

Thomas
Wilson
Graham
Pouncey
Iupati
Weatherspoon
Dunlap
Haden

K Train
04-19-2010, 12:40 PM
you are hating haden for no reason...having iupati, spoon and dunlap over him is criminal

scudmissile29
04-19-2010, 04:15 PM
you are hating haden for no reason...having iupati, spoon and dunlap over him is criminal

no it's not, a 1st round cornerback should be a #1 cornerback like asmogahua, revis, leon hall.

haden won't be that guy, hes a mcfadden #2 dude

So therefore i wouldnt draft him, because he lacks the speed to keep up with the fastest of recievers.

Look on tape against Cincinnati for details.

K Train
04-19-2010, 05:03 PM
no it's not, a 1st round cornerback should be a #1 cornerback like asmogahua, revis, leon hall.

haden won't be that guy, hes a mcfadden #2 dude

So therefore i wouldnt draft him, because he lacks the speed to keep up with the fastest of recievers.

Look on tape against Cincinnati for details.
Haden 4.45 at his pro day, bad at the combine but had an obviously awful start.

asomugha...4th best corner prospect that year, ran a 4.45

leon hall sucks ***, jonathan joseph is the better of the 2 and its not even close

you hate haden for reasons that you dont even know about, hes smooth and hes got terrific hips and change of direction and the best backpeddal this year....if you want speed maybe you should want taylor mays even though thats all he is.

mcfadden was really good for us, but i dont get that comparison at all.

maybe you should watch some of haden because you clearly know nothing about him. hes not as good as say pacman jones, champ baily, deangelo hall, newman, or other guys that went top 6 but thats exactly why theres talks of him falling and hes definitely worth 15+. your hate for him is completely unjustified

scudmissile29
04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Haden 4.45 at his pro day, bad at the combine but had an obviously awful start.

asomugha...4th best corner prospect that year, ran a 4.45

leon hall sucks ***, jonathan joseph is the better of the 2 and its not even close

you hate haden for reasons that you dont even know about, hes smooth and hes got terrific hips and change of direction and the best backpeddal this year....if you want speed maybe you should want taylor mays even though thats all he is.

mcfadden was really good for us, but i dont get that comparison at all.

maybe you should watch some of haden because you clearly know nothing about him. hes not as good as say pacman jones, champ baily, deangelo hall, newman, or other guys that went top 6 but thats exactly why theres talks of him falling and hes definitely worth 15+. your hate for him is completely unjustified

That was just a spew of bullshit.

Asomaghua is one in a generation player, i've heard Haden has been compared to him ----> bullshit.

Haden is overrated, i couldnt give a **** about 40 times, he's not good enough for 18th. He is ****ing overrated.

He's a twat, i hope we dont select him and if he ever gets to read it, i hope you turn into a bust.

As for pacman, he was a beast, shame his marijuana intake and booty hunting consequently ****ed his life over

K Train
04-19-2010, 06:10 PM
That was just a spew of bullshit.

Asomaghua is one in a generation player, i've heard Haden has been compared to him ----> bullshit.

Haden is overrated, i couldnt give a **** about 40 times, he's not good enough for 18th. He is ****ing overrated.

He's a twat, i hope we dont select him and if he ever gets to read it, i hope you turn into a bust.

As for pacman, he was a beast, shame his marijuana intake and booty hunting consequently ****ed his life over

yeah nnamdi is great, but he wasnt an elite prospect...and imo neither is haden. that doesnt mean hes not a very good prospect and cant become an elite player...similiar to what nnamdi did.

you are spewing **** in these posts, the basis of your argument was

He's a twat

hes overrated

and you offered nothing more

give me a ****ing break, you have no idea what you are talking about

starting 40 something games for 2 championship florida teams since being a true freshmen and displaying pro-ready skills during the drills and giving enough tape to back it up over 4 years is plenty for me.

if you want a man guy, its haden. if you want a zone guy its wilson

we have zone guys

JensK
04-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Haden would make Ike Taylor so much better... hadeb is, imo, on of the better man-man cbs to come out in a while, and he does have pretty great technique. He is not an elite prospect because he does not play zone very well, but as ktrain said, we have like 4 cbs who can do that already (gay not being one of them). I think Burnett could end up being a decent zone cb. Anyways, haden would make all of them better, because he could man up against the 1 wr... Wilson next to Ike Tayloe could be pretty good too. I know i said i thought Wilson is better than Haden, but im taking that back after his proday... Haden showed some really really sexy smooth moves and hes reactions were great both at the combine and proday

K Train
04-19-2010, 06:44 PM
i wish i knew what to expect thursday lol....so many directions, its not like the year we took timmons where we knew it was timmons, or the year we took heath and knew it was heath

JensK
04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
i kinda like that we have so many options, since it makes it harder for them to mess up completely in the first round. So much talent around in our range, that i most likely wont be pissed with the pick (we already had the discussion about who would **** me off)... On the other hand, i probably cant help but be disapointed aswell, because i would have wanted someone else...

scudmissile29
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM
i wish i knew what to expect thursday lol....so many directions, its not like the year we took timmons where we knew it was timmons, or the year we took heath and knew it was heath

or the year we took evander hood based on his ziggy nickname

anyways i give in on hating on haden, i dislike him a lot, but this board is full of haden lovers.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2010, 08:52 PM

I really hope the Steelers have a solid draft from the team stand point but also for your sake....lol

Train do you like the draft being moved to Thursday and Friday?.....

I'm with you and not knowing what to expect.........I think WR moved up the draft needs since Holmes was traded.....I still don't expect a WR in the first round but you never know.....

I think the pick in the first will be Pouncey or Kyle Wilson.......We shall see.....

K Train
04-19-2010, 09:00 PM
i hate the thursday and friday thing, i have a class that i have to skip on thursday night and im taking a roadtrip to upstate NY to rage after work on friday so ill be mobile following along during rounds 2 and 3

K Train
04-21-2010, 11:17 AM
it looks like iupati is going #8 to the raiders, if that happens and the jags take tebow 10...that puts us in amazing shape

K Train
04-22-2010, 12:44 PM
longest day of work of my life

Silverback
04-22-2010, 12:55 PM
wait iupati to the raiders? Where are you getting this?

K Train
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
al davis loves him...i really really think thats the pick

Silverback
04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Fine by me, seems like such a reach but it is the raiders.

K Train
04-22-2010, 01:03 PM
al davis wants to look like the biggest and fastest team off the bus. he thinks he can make iupati a tackle...more power to him

Silverback
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
How do you make a guy who has poor technique for a guard into a LT? Al Davis...

K Train
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
i do think that he can be a very good RT, maybe a LT down the line. he wasnt great at the senior bowl, but you have to play a position for more than a week to be good at it. he just handles 2 guys with ease at times, al davis loves freakish ability like that. ill be relieved to see him off the board before 18 and if he and tebow both go that high someone will slip to us that we all want

LatrobePA
04-22-2010, 01:24 PM
What if Jimmy Clausen falls to 18?? Do you think we'd draft him??

K Train
04-22-2010, 01:28 PM
i think he would certainly makie the 10 minutes of being on the clock interesting

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 01:28 PM
No i don't think so.

With ben, there also real high on dixon, he's a 1st rounder that fell to the fifth based on injury

K Train
04-22-2010, 01:31 PM
No i don't think so.

With ben, there also real high on dixon, he's a 1st rounder that fell to the fifth based on injury

never once was he a first round prospect...he was a major project at best. his incredible year catapulted him into 3rd MAYBE 2nd round conversations

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Draft Pouncey or Kyle Wilson........I don't think Thomas will be there at 18....I also wouldn't be against Brandon Graham....Would love a trade down to draft Pouncey and then a trade back into the first round to draft Golden Tate....I don't think that will happen....

coldrolled
04-22-2010, 01:49 PM
What if Jimmy Clausen falls to 18?? Do you think we'd draft him??

Dennis Dixon is better than all of them..

plus, Clausen would be broke in half

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Dennis Dixon is better than all of them..

plus, Clausen would be broke in half

Bradford wouldn't last behind our OL for sure.....I don't know about Clausen....I like Jimmy but I don't think he will be a great pro QB........I think he is the best of this very weak QB class.......

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 02:01 PM
never once was he a first round prospect...he was a major project at best. his incredible year catapulted him into 3rd MAYBE 2nd round conversations

He was a first, no question.

Bruce Arians leak on twitter.

Arians "loves" Jacoby Ford

K Train
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
not even close...alot of teams would have rather he played WR. ask anyone, no way he was a first round prospect

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
not even close...alot of teams would have rather he played WR. ask anyone, no way he was a first round prospect

Im not going to agree with you, he was a first round prospect, no question.

Zachintosh66
04-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Im praying that Clev doesnt get Berry

K Train
04-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Im not going to agree with you, he was a first round prospect, no question.

ok well ill continue to be right, and you can still be wrong. i feel like im arguing with an infant

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 03:12 PM
ok well ill continue to be right, and you can still be wrong. i feel like im arguing with an infant

see your such a dick, you think your right at everything. your so ****ing perfect i really wish i could of been ****ing u

K Train
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
yeah man i get that all the time, its just not that easy.

your arguments are like "yeah he was no question" or "i dont want pouncey hes a jerk"

give me a break

steelerfan11
04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
I hate to tell you but K is right. Dixon was never a first round prospect. He was considered a second-third.

K Train
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
he was roughly the 5th-6th best QB healthy, about 12th injured

K Train
04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
its been leaked that the broncos will be taking pouncey at 11.

well wouldnt that shake things up

Silverback
04-22-2010, 03:37 PM
pouncey at 11 iupati at 8? Man i saw one mock with Trent Williams falling to us and if this stuff starts happening....

K Train
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
i think williams is gonna be a seahawk or skin, im thinking if they all go like that our pick will be anthony davis, kyle wilson or dez bryant

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Dolphin owners want Dan Williams at #12

coldrolled
04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
i think williams is gonna be a seahawk or skin, im thinking if they all go like that our pick will be anthony davis, kyle wilson or dez bryant

im hoping the jags get tebow. that would drop another player to us..

K Train
04-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Dolphin owners want Dan Williams at #12

12 will be either williams or morgan...id be very surprised otherwise

Silverback
04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Who do you like better at 18 Anthony Davis or Pouncey? I'd be all over Davis.

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 02:10 PM ---

PS. Just heard teams expect the Redskins to take Eric Berry

K Train
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
either...pouncey is the more sure thing and has elite potential, but davis is incredibly talented and a more premium position.

skins CANT take berry, 3 safeties in a decade inside the top 6 is ridiculous

Zachintosh66
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Davis is a bum with no work ethic... pass

reportedly his teammates have even talked smack about him according to NFLNetwork Guys

K Train
04-22-2010, 05:13 PM
way over analyzed. he had terrible coaching at rutgers but still showed up on saturday and dominated. work ethic is overrated when you just dominate the opposition

Zachintosh66
04-22-2010, 05:19 PM
way over analyzed. he had terrible coaching at rutgers but still showed up on saturday and dominated. work ethic is overrated when you just dominate the opposition

but you need work ethic at the next level or you will be dominated...

Big T
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I made a new thread about it but Schefter said the steelers are one of the few teams to monitor for a trade up...oh lord please Joe Haden or Earl Thomas...

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Davis is a bum with no work ethic... pass

reportedly his teammates have even talked smack about him according to NFLNetwork Guys

yes agreed, i dont want that lazy *******, version 2 of andre smith.

ADAM SCHEFTER

Teams to monitor that are interested in moving up in the draft: Giants, Titans, Packers, Steelers, Eagles, Chargers. #nfldraft

Teams to monitor that are interested in moving back in the draft: Redskins, Jaguars, Broncos, Dolphins. #nfldraft

PLEASE FOR EARL THOMAS PLEASE

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 04:00 PM ---

I made a new thread about it but Schefter said the steelers are one of the few teams to monitor for a trade up...oh lord please Joe Haden or Earl Thomas...

yes one thing we can agree on and pray to god it be earl thomas.

i will pre ejac if we draft him, i just hope my near 3 month daily prayers pay off :(:crossfingers:

StlersGuy
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
From my twitter a few min's ago:

Steelersdepot

Actually hearing some buzz that Dixon could be on the block as well to move up in round 1. Draft day is weird. #steelers 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Steelersdepot

Dixon is only signed through this year & if indeed BR is kept, Lefty was signed & extended. Makes sense. #steelers 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 07:41 PM
are we going to have an official draft thread (only for the picks we get and discussion on those picks) so ppl don't have to read 10+ pages into this one?

less than an hour for the draft, and 20 min. till the puck drops in game 4 of pens/sens

so excited i might **** myself

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Today doesn't feel like the draft to me....I hate the fact the first round is on a Thursday during prime time....I hate the fact the 2nd round and 3rd round on a Friday during prime time.....**** Roger Goodell..............

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 08:18 PM
draft dang it get around here already

Captcoolhand
04-22-2010, 08:44 PM
so much for anyone trade up for Sam Bradford

JensK
04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
No surprises so far :P

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Nice gums McCoy

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Trent Williams to Redskins.. I kinda thought it woulda been Okung, but i guess Williams fits the scheme better...

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Seattle getting Eric berry :(

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 07:06 PM ---

Nvm, I hate you chiefs

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Berry to chiefs...

steelersbabex25
Seattle getting Eric berry :(

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 07:06 PM ---

Nvm, I hate you chiefs

Blehh yep. Just saw that..

steelerfan11
I'd rather the Chiefs take Berry than the Clowns...

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
It means that neither Haden or Earl Thomas is going to fall, thats for sure.

K Train
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
looking ROUGH for a DB other than wilson

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
looking ROUGH for a DB other than wilson

They'll have to trade for them now...

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
It means that neither Haden or Earl Thomas is going to fall, thats for sure.

then we trade up idc we get one of them

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 09:17 PM
jimwexell: If Steelers go CB, their rankings are: 1. Haden, 2. Wilson, 3. Jackson. They'd try to trade down for Wilson and Jackson, since not in top 18

Captcoolhand
04-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Steelers going to take Kicker in 1st round...lol

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
haden on the phone

HUNT4SEVEN
04-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Joe Haden a Brown

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
oh knows wilson is next off the list to the 49ers

Silverback
**** me

JensK
Haden looks to go to Browns

Captcoolhand
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM
so much for the experts who thought Haden would go to the Steelers

steelersbabex25
04-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Watching the draft AND the Penguins game is making my head spin

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:29 PM
mcclainn

steelerfan11
04-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Giants fans are crying...LOL

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:31 PM
DID AL DAVIS DIE?

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah thats it... No chance in hell any secondary is going to fall to Steelers...

Captcoolhand
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
what the hell does the Bills need another RB for. :scratch:

Ibleedblk&gld
jimwexell: Very excited to hear the Steelers like Earl Thomas. I worried that they'd let him slip. Pouncey's name being spoken by everyone, of course.

scudmissile29
wexell

Very excited to hear the Steelers like Earl Thomas. I worried that they'd let him slip. Pouncey's name being spoken by everyone, of course.

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM
jimwexell: Very excited to hear the Steelers like Earl Thomas. I worried that they'd let him slip. Pouncey's name being spoken by everyone, of course.

MAKE IT HAPPEN (IN CAPS!)

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:38 PM
im am praying continously right now

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 07:38 PM ---

AHAHAHAHA WHAT THE HELL JAGS

K Train
04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
JAGS....FAIL

Silverback
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
for the record i called tyson alualu as the biggest steal, no more.

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
bust of the draft

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
dang... Epic epic reach

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 07:42 PM ---

looks like broncos will trade with niners... god dang it

K Train
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
bulaga has to be the pick

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:45 PM
i bet bualaga titans

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 07:45 PM ---

chargers have trade up

LarryNJ
04-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Watching the draft AND the Penguins game is making my head spin

I hear ya!

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Why would they jump ahead of Dolphins to pick him? Dolphins did not look to draft a Tackle as far as im concerned..

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Why would they jump ahead of Dolphins to pick him? Dolphins did not look to draft a Tackle as far as im concerned..

thats a bit of a brain scratcher

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 07:50 PM ---

ryan mathews

LarryNJ
04-22-2010, 09:51 PM
He'll do great in SD.

steelerfan11
Philly traded up....Earl Thomas is all but gone. :(

Ibleedblk&gld
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU PHILLY

philly getting ET

K Train
04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
eagles are taking thomas

****ers

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:53 PM
:( :(

*******s

JensK
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Pouncey is going to be our pick...

HUNT4SEVEN
Well if Pouncey is available i hope we take him, man i wanted Earl Thomas

Black@Gold Forever32
I would say the Jags and Charges have reached big time....Especially the Chargers for trading up to 12 and taking Mathews.....lol

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
graham to philly

K Train
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
we are definitely taking iupati. fml

steelerfan11
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
graham to philly

woohoo...now trade up Steelers!!

or ET fall please :crossfingers:

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 09:57 PM
TRADE FOR EARL THOMAS OPLEASE

JensK
we are definitely taking iupati. fml

Have faith!

coach
hmmmmmmmmm!

scudmissile29
NOW TRADE UP STEELERS PLEASE GET SOME BALLS AND GO GET THOMAS HE HAS IS FALLING TO US PLEAS EPLEASE PLEASE

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 07:57 PM ---

everyone pray pleae im praying and its working please please

LarryNJ
Thank you Eagles

K Train
04-22-2010, 09:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH YES

Ibleedblk&gld
my heart is pounding

Black@Gold Forever32
Earl Thomas, Maurkice Pouncey, Kyle Wilson are my draft board for the Steelers right now.....

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
ET will be gone if we don't trade up

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 08:00 PM ---

praying for a schefter text saying we traded seattle

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
i is shaking right now praying we get earl thomas, got to be aware cowboys may try to trade up

Steel Trap86
04-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Pouncey :crossfingers:

or Thomas

steelerfan11
I hate you Seattle...

BlitzburghRockCity
Not going to happen, Seattle is going to take him

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
:( ****

coach
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Derrick Morgan (I hope),

LarryNJ
04-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Bastards

Ibleedblk&gld
coach...are you making threads or just adding titles to your posts?

JensK
Thomas will go to Seahawks.

Ibleedblk&gld
i hate you seattle

scudmissile29
i hate u god, **** u

MattyVfromCT
**** seattle

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:06 PM
we might get bulaga

JensK
Made sense for Seahawks. Steelers blew that. They had tons of chances to trade up for him, but i guess they did not like him enough

scudmissile29
i cant believe we didnt ****ing trade up.

colbert u useless ****

Ibleedblk&gld
wilson or pouncey for us...

HUNT4SEVEN
04-22-2010, 10:07 PM
SeaHawks SUCKS

coach
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
It was fun to hope.

It hurts, but at least he is in the West and not in New England.

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
bulaga, pouncey, wilson

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
SeaHawks SUCKS

no colbert sucks he had so many ****ing chances to trade up, ****ing idiots

BlitzburghRockCity
i cant believe we didnt ****ing trade up.

colbert u useless ****

we almost never trade up in the 1st round..we haven't done it since we got Polamalu way back when, if I remember right. Nobody expected us to trade up unless there was something to do with Ben...

JensK
Seahawks has had a great draft so far... man At least Bulaga is still on the board, but i dont expect Steelers to take him -.-

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
we almost never trade up in the 1st round..we haven't done it since we got Polamalu way back when, if I remember right. Nobody expected us to trade up unless there was something to do with Ben...

holmes

coach
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
coach...are you making threads or just adding titles to your posts?

I was adding titles becase there was a blank spot. Maye I'll stop because I am not a fast typer.

steelerfan11
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
no colbert sucks he had so many ****ing chances to trade up, ****ing idiots

stfu it takes two teams to trade...

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
so... Biggest need: Center, RG or LT? Hell, could they concider Morgan? He would have good value at 18

Ibleedblk&gld
couple picks left

scudmissile29
stfu it takes two teams to trade...

they made no effort at all

$teelersRule
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Bulaga!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
Either way it's gotta be Offensive Line, which is WAY overdue for this team

JensK

You have no idea about that... Are you in their war room? The teams who traded down needed a lot of picks, they would not have gotten that from us

steelerfan11
04-22-2010, 10:14 PM

how the hell do you know? Are you in the Steelers WR? NO. So just shut your mouth...geeze

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 08:14 PM ---

Pierre-Paul to G-Men

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
49ers to bualaga and titans maybe get pouncey.

lol

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Solid pick for Giants, although i thought they woulda gone with Spoon

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
morgan or williams to the titans

clausen to the 9ers

bulaga a steeler....id be so ****ing happy

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:18 PM
morgan or williams to the titans

clausen to the 9ers

bulaga a steeler....id be so ****ing happy

as Lt or RT? lots of ppl saying Bulaga is more of a RT

Ibleedblk&gld
so if we take bulaga in the 1st...we have to go DB in the 2nd, no? that means no tate (unless we trade up)

JensK
Im concerned they would go with Pouncey over Bulaga....

BlackGold4vr
Pouncey might not be a sexy pick but it will be a HUGE upgrade over what we have.

:yesnod:

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:19 PM
i dont think they could go pouncey over bulaga....althought i wouldnt be real upset either way

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:19 PM
iupati would upset me though

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Im guessing they would think Pouncey would be a bigger upgrade over Hartwig than Bulaga over Starks/Colon

coach
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Bulaga, Pouncey or Wilson?

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Id be disappointed with Wilson over Pouncey and Bulaga

Silverback
bulaga!!!

coach
iupati would upset me though

I got my kleenex just in case.

K Train
bulaga could play RG immediately

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
pouncey for us??? **** you la canfora

HUNT4SEVEN
Ipuati is a 9er

jcloss23
if buluga is there we gotta take him, then id like to see a move up in the 2cd

BlitzburghRockCity
Iupati will be gone to 49ers... Pouncey is our guy

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
iupati was steelers guy over pouncey, eh?

thank you 9ers

SteelCurtainYinzer
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Any chance we trade down knowing those 2 are still out there?

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
i dont think they could go pouncey over bulaga....althought i wouldnt be real upset either way

They like Starks and they don't seem to like Hartwig. :thinking:

Silverback
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
bulaga they jusy extended hartwig

SteelCityKid5
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Hartwigs 33, Pahncey it is

Silverback
im dying

scudmissile29
kyle wilson please

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
dont you trade this away you ****in pricks

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
YEAAHHHHH

Silverback
pouncey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scudmissile29
well welcome pouncey

jcloss23
04-22-2010, 10:29 PM
cant argue with that, now lets make a move up for wilson if he drops!!!

HUNT4SEVEN
I'm happy we needed a REAL center

Ibleedblk&gld
nice :)

Silverback
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
hmm any moves possible?

coach
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I am happy for the pick and I think tht Hatfield kid did a great job!

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Love the pick! That is the guy I wanted all along. Maybe we still grab Ciron Black later in the draft. Major upgrade up the middle.

Ben and Rashard should both be happy with that pick.

SteelCityKid5
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Good call Stillers

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
This is a ****ing awesome pick! We just made our line so so so much better. I would rather have had Bulaga, but Pouncey is a true stud at center, and i guess we needed that over a tackle right now..

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:33 PM
YEAH BABY...no bitching from me yet

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
YEAH BABY...no bitching from me yet

and only one beer shotgun so far :o

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
wel at least i dont need to see online first any ****ing time soon.

look for a corner next year :\

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:35 PM
kareem jackson to texans

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:35 PM
wel at least i dont need to see online first any ****ing time soon.

look for a corner next year :\

Peterson i next draft is going to be the best damn CB taking since... I dont know, Sanders. He is awesome

Spoon to atlanta.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-22-2010, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=K Train;344542]YEAH BABY...no bitching from me yet[/QUOTE

LOL our Center position is tight for the next 10-12 years now this kid is only 20 years old...

Big T
Absolutely love it....Smart Pick. Beautiful

K Train
and only one beer shotgun so far :o

im drunk dude me and my friends are doing a shot of lime vodka everytime i pick one right lol

MattyVfromCT
04-22-2010, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=K Train;344542]YEAH BABY...no bitching from me yet[/QUOTE

LOL our Center position is tight for the next 10-12 years now this kid is only 20 years old...

agreed. love the pick

JensK
Absolutely love it....Smart Pick. Beautiful

I think they liked Pouncey over Earl Thomas actually... They could have made a move for him, without breaking the bank, which they did not.

coach
The other amazing thing about this pick is that some of you frequent contributors picked him long before he rose up the board. I remember hearing his name in this war room months ago. Good call.

SteelCityKid5
04-22-2010, 10:38 PM
kareem jackson to texans

good call

JensK
im drunk dude me and my friends are doing a shot of lime vodka everytime i pick one right lol

Haha, how many right so far? Its been a weird draft so far. Lots of reaches so far imo.

Rumors has it that Packers is trying hard to trade up for Bulaga.

Silverback
im pretty sure everyone here is hammered

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Jackson over Wilson?

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 10:40 PM
we should trade up for wilson, then ill be real happy.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
good call

thanks, i'm getting schefter texts :D

HUNT4SEVEN
im pretty sure everyone here is hammered

Except me:lol: i don't drink anymore:tt02:

SteelCityKid5
I dont think well trade until the second round, if hes in the second round then I say make a move

JensK
I think Dez Bryant will go to Bengals.. We are poised to get a CB in the second. AFC North is getting filled up with good WRs (obviuosly, but Steelers, who are trading them all away)

Ibleedblk&gld
i'm not drinking either...gotta be up at 4

SteelCityKid5
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks, i'm getting schefter texts :D

hahah cheater

Ibleedblk&gld
pens going to OT

JensK
nvm.. Jermaine Gresham. Made sense

SteelCityKid5
If I didnt have an exam tomorrow Id be happily drinking

steelersbabex25
I'm a little late..for this thread atleast..but I love the Steelers pick as well. Hope this kid can pick up the load.

Ibleedblk&gld
hahah cheater

lol :tt02:

scudmissile29
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
will pouncey beat out hartwig for the starting job?

steelersbabex25
pens going to OT

My head has almost spun off..:lol:

K Train
i'm not drinking either...gotta be up at 4

ill be up at 6 lol

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Hmm.. Broncos trading up with Pats... If they pick Tebow i would laugh so hard.

SteelCityKid5
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
will pouncey beat out hartwig for the starting job?

Possibly play RG until the Stees are done with Hartwig

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
My head has almost spun off..:lol:

they had a chance in the final seconds...bad pass :(

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 08:45 PM ---

ill be up at 6 lol

i'm working 10 hrs. OT on saturday, so i can't drink for tomorrow's picks either, lol

lucky for me, tonight is my wife's night to get up w/ my daughter

steelersbabex25
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
they had a chance in the final seconds...bad pass :(

They had a chance before that goalie interference on Staal..I don't think that was the right call..he didn't really have the opportunity to get out of the way.

coach
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Thomas over Bryant is a god call.
It would suck for Denver if they drafted Bryant and then dealt him for a 5 in a few years, eh?

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
They had a chance before that goalie interference on Staal..I don't think that was the right call..he didn't really have the opportunity to get out of the way.

i was on the draft when that happened...didn't see it

--- Added 4/22/2010 at 08:47 PM ---

schefter says bryant to baltimore

JensK
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Bay-Bay to Broncos... Dez Bryant to Ravens? Seriously, Ravens will be dangerous if that happens.

steelersbabex25
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
i was on the draft when that happened...didn't see it

Staal was tripped in front of the net and fell into the goalie and the refs called interference...looked like bs to me.

K Train
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
pats will take dez

steelerfan11
LOL Devils are out of the playoffs!!!

K Train
bulaga a packer it has to be they love white guys

coach
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Bay-Bay to Broncos... Dez Bryant to Ravens? Seriously, Ravens will be dangerous if that happens.

Too much attitude for 1 locker room though!

steelersbabex25
LOL Devils are out of the playoffs!!!

:clap:. Happy that Pens won't have to play the Caps in the second round.

Ibleedblk&gld
wexell says pouncey will play right guard to start minicamp and training camp...and pouncey fell in love w/ steelers at combine

steelerfan11
Staal was tripped in front of the net and fell into the goalie and the refs called interference...looked like bs to me.

I agree with you..

SteelCityKid5
Pretty classless "She said no" chant while a kid with leukemia announced our pick

Ibleedblk&gld
04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
bulaga to the pack