PDA

View Full Version : Steelers should trade with the Jaguars

scudmissile29
04-05-2010, 09:16 PM
colbert has never drafted top 10 before, it could be a first.

the jaguars don't have a pick until 74, that hurts in a deep filled draft, but by the time they pick alot of second rounders, sleepers and fallers would be gone.

the steelers.

earl thomas. we have 10 picks, we later can do some trades to come back in later/earlier rounds.

it could make sense depending how much colbert wants earl thomas compared to other prospects.

p.s. tomlin is a faggot at drafting will probably draft iupati.

Big T
04-05-2010, 09:37 PM
First of all, posting this in every other thread wasn't enough? You had to make a new thread?

Secondly, you have some strange fascination with calling everyone faggots...I think it says a little something about you...

scudmissile29
04-05-2010, 09:49 PM
First of all, posting this in every other thread wasn't enough? You had to make a new thread?

Secondly, you have some strange fascination with calling everyone faggots...I think it says a little something about you...

id like to use other words but this is a family board so i use faggot.

secondly, this doesnt fit in the other threads because its asking if u would agree with any trades

cmerrifield
04-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Not interested in moving up to 10, the salary is too high especially for Thomas at 10 which could make signing Troy more difficult after next season. Moving above 12 is expensive and could make signing our players harder since there would be a unproven rookie making lots of money. I would rather trade to get back in early second or even late first and pick up somebody.

scudmissile29
04-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Not interested in moving up to 10, the salary is too high especially for Thomas at 10 which could make signing Troy more difficult after next season. Moving above 12 is expensive and could make signing our players harder since there would be a unproven rookie making lots of money. I would rather trade to get back in early second or even late first and pick up somebody.

what u want to trade down and let very good players go. what is wrong with you.

dont speak of that sentence ever again i want to be sick

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

cmerrifield
04-05-2010, 10:02 PM

Not trade down, (hence the phrase "get back in" pick at 18 and then get back in late 1st early second if someone else is still there they like.

JensK
04-05-2010, 11:03 PM

why do you ask the question, if the only answer you want is the one you came with yourself? Thomas is not worth the 10 pick imo. Sure, he rocks but he would not be worth the kind of money we would have to pay him at 18. Remember, he is kinda unproven, and while he had some amazing years at texas, he is still unexperianced compared to a lot of other top 10 prospects. I would not take him before 12 or 13. Heck, its not impossible thay berry is there at 10. I see a bunch of mocks that has him falling there.

K Train
04-05-2010, 11:49 PM
why do you ask the question, if the only answer you want is the one you came with yourself? Thomas is not worth the 10 pick imo. Sure, he rocks but he would not be worth the kind of money we would have to pay him at 18. Remember, he is kinda unproven, and while he had some amazing years at texas, he is still unexperianced compared to a lot of other top 10 prospects. I would not take him before 12 or 13. Heck, its not impossible thay berry is there at 10. I see a bunch of mocks that has him falling there.

imo if berry is worth the top spot, but lets say he goes 5 just for the sake of how the position is valued....if berry goes 5, thomas could go 6. they are that close, theres just nothing thomas can do to jump berry at this point

scudmissile29
04-06-2010, 07:52 AM

no im just against anyone that wants to trade down into the 20's

so many good players will be available at 18 it would be a waste.

JollyRob68
04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
DAngle Holmes to get into the top 10 and go for McClain, Thomas or Hayden. Then pickup Pouncey at 18.

To answer your question I would not give up our 2nd rounder for anyone. We can get 2 quality players at a much lower position than in the past. Use it for a change and if you dangle Holmes then you can trade back with the Jets or Dallas for another 2nd rounder.

K Train
04-06-2010, 01:59 PM
jags are showing alot of interest in clausen

Big T
04-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Can we please stop with the trade Santonio bullshit?

scudmissile29
04-06-2010, 02:19 PM

no we will continue it.

hes not going to be a steeler in 2011, why not trade him when we actually have him around.

K Train
04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
he will be a steeler...they wont be making an example of him

tburg68
04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
no we will continue it.

hes not going to be a steeler in 2011, why not trade him when we actually have him around.

The stupid twins speak again! Can't help repeating yourselves can you.

scudmissile29
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM

why ar eu resonding to me i dont like you.

i wonder how many qualifications u got............ lets put stupid to the test.

im guessing u a bin man

TampaSteelGirl
04-06-2010, 03:24 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: THank you!

tburg68
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
why ar eu resonding to me i dont like you.

i wonder how many qualifications u got............ lets put stupid to the test.

im guessing u a bin man

Well for one, I can spell. For two, I can type.

Blazedby92
04-06-2010, 03:59 PM

Please stop for your reputation sake, Is that joeflaccosayshi? He can't be a Steeler fan all he talks about is trading players away and everything else is negative about the team. He has only on draft pick he wants for the steelers because apparently the other 200-300 guys suck.

scudmissile29
04-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Please stop for your reputation sake, Is that joeflaccosayshi? He can't be a Steeler fan all he talks about is trading players away and everything else is negative about the team. He has only on draft pick he wants for the steelers because apparently the other 200-300 guys suck.

you must be blind go get some glassess

there are other players who i want not offensive lineman

maybe u should do what tone said to that kid.

JensK
04-06-2010, 08:19 PM
imo if berry is worth the top spot, but lets say he goes 5 just for the sake of how the position is valued....if berry goes 5, thomas could go 6. they are that close, theres just nothing thomas can do to jump berry at this point

i def. Agree. Just saying i have seen mocks where he falls that far, simply because teams may have bigger needs than safety in top 10. Its all ifs, and i dont see him going past browns, but you nnever know. Mendenhall slipped a long way to us, so i guess its possible. (not comparing the talent tho)

scudmissile29
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I think Berry is too over hyped. Yes he was very good but he wasn't as good as Ed Reed back in college, and yet Reed fell to somehere like 17-24 because of needs.

Im pretty sure if the gm's draft by need he can last until the browns or even till the jaguars.

that being said he will probably go to the browns

Big T
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I think Berry is too over hyped. Yes he was very good but he wasn't as good as Ed Reed back in college, and yet Reed fell to somehere like 17-24 because of needs.

Im pretty sure if the gm's draft by need he can last until the browns or even till the jaguars.

that being said he will probably go to the browns

You cannot overhype a player with Berry's talent...he is the best safety prospect coming out that I have ever seen...he is as close to a sure thing as you can be....

coldrolled
04-07-2010, 03:16 PM
You cannot overhype a player with Berry's talent...he is the best safety prospect coming out that I have ever seen...he is as close to a sure thing as you can be....

it would be nice to be picking at #5

but even at #18

what do you do if McClain, Thomas and Wilson are there at #18......

there will be great silence in Steeler Nation on thursday night.

K Train
04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
it would be nice to be picking at #5

but even at #18

what do you do if McClain, Thomas and Wilson are there at #18......

there will be great silence in Steeler Nation on thursday night.

you take thomas hands down its not even close...mcclain might get considered but wilson isnt worhty of 18

coldrolled
04-07-2010, 04:29 PM
you take thomas hands down its not even close...mcclain might get considered but wilson isnt worhty of 18

i know, but you have an ILB, S, CB

we need the CB and ILB over the safety...

and the safety is good.

i say McClain would be the pick.

JollyRob68
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM

Heres a repeat!Once again Special one Kick Rocks:nahnah:

--- Added 4/7/2010 at 03:00 PM ---

NO dude it makes sense. You Dont let him walk for free if you dont want to resign him. GEt something for him.:imho:

Big T
04-07-2010, 05:05 PM

NO dude it makes sense. You Dont let him walk for free if you dont want to resign him. GEt something for him.:imho:

walk for free? dude he's not going anywhere...he will be resigned...this **** is unbelievable...one sketchy accusation and you are ready to get rid of him...its bullshit and you know it...

tburg68
04-07-2010, 05:54 PM

NOTHING that you say makes sense. Holmes will be a Steeler for many more years.

scudmissile29
04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
NOTHING that you say makes sense. Holmes will be a Steeler for many more years.

lmao and that is what plaxico burress said.

tburg68
04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
lmao and that is what plaxico burress said.

Compare their production brain surgeon. Holmes keeps getting better. Plax was already on the way down in year four. He was a selfish player. I think Holmes is thought of much higher in the locker room than Plax ever was.

JollyRob68
04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
walk for free? dude he's not going anywhere...he will be resigned...this **** is unbelievable...one sketchy accusation and you are ready to get rid of him...its bullshit and you know it...

Its not this BS accusation( we all know he's being shafted) Its the combination of events over his time with Pittsburgh. All charges were dropped against him but that doesnt mean The Steelers wont move him. I'm a Holmes fan. Last year him and Ben weren't on the same page. I think Ben was pissed he didn't get The MVP and focused on helping Wallace become the player he was last year. Remember Ben said he wanted a taller receiver and it pissed Hines off. Then Ben got his wish. THANK GOD FOR THAT!

coldrolled
04-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Its not this BS accusation( we all know he's being shafted) Its the combination of events over his time with Pittsburgh. All charges were dropped against him but that doesnt mean The Steelers wont move him. I'm a Holmes fan. Last year him and Ben weren't on the same page. I think Ben was pissed he didn't get The MVP and focused on helping Wallace become the player he was last year. Remember Ben said he wanted a taller receiver and it pissed Hines off. Then Ben got his wish. THANK GOD FOR THAT!

Ben wanted Sweed, that was his player of choice.

scudmissile29
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
ow look. holmes should look for a new home

According Ken Laird, of 1250 ESPN in Pittsburgh, Santonio Holmes doesn't believe the Steelers will pay him market value when his contract is up after the 2010 season.

The Steelers would have the option to franchise Holmes if he has a breakthrough season, but the organization is said to be "furious" over the receiver's troubling twitter rants of late. The timing is far from ideal with Hines Ward reaching his decline phase, but there's precedent with the team letting knucklehead Plaxico Burress walk in 2005. The Steelers also have promising Mike Wallace ready to for a larger role.

if this is correct might as well try trade up for someone like thomas, bualaga in the draft.

all you bitches that told me and rob that we are stupid.

dont choke on your dinner tonight.

--- Added 4/8/2010 at 06:32 PM ---

Compare their production brain surgeon. Holmes keeps getting better. Plax was already on the way down in year four. He was a selfish player. I think Holmes is thought of much higher in the locker room than Plax ever was.

your an idiot. now i know why young teens shouldnt take drugs.

mainly the reason is you.

SteelerSteve
04-08-2010, 09:25 PM

That was a completely different draft, so I dont see the comparison.

scudmissile29
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
That was a completely different draft, so I dont see the comparison.

Doesn't matter if the Owners decide to draft by need he could fall. Just saying. As I said probably not but realistically you don't take a safety when there are studs at the offenisive line to build around your Quarterback.

strong D
04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
berry is hands down the best player in this draft imo

tburg68
04-09-2010, 11:10 AM

According Ken Laird, of 1250 ESPN in Pittsburgh, Santonio Holmes doesn't believe the Steelers will pay him market value when his contract is up after the 2010 season.

The Steelers would have the option to franchise Holmes if he has a breakthrough season, but the organization is said to be "furious" over the receiver's troubling twitter rants of late. The timing is far from ideal with Hines Ward reaching his decline phase, but there's precedent with the team letting knucklehead Plaxico Burress walk in 2005. The Steelers also have promising Mike Wallace ready to for a larger role.

if this is correct might as well try trade up for someone like thomas, bualaga in the draft.

LOL. Trust the same source that told us all that BA was fired. Maybe you were the source for both stories, that would explain a lot. You can gloat about being right if you are actually right. Until then, Santonio is wearing the Black and Gold.

coldrolled
04-09-2010, 11:38 AM
LOL. Trust the same source that told us all that BA was fired. Maybe you were the source for both stories, that would explain a lot. You can gloat about being right if you are actually right. Until then, Santonio is wearing the Black and Gold.

BA fired... thats equivalent to first round pick on the offensive side.

scudmissile29
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM

I dont write for the site you retard.

seriously who brought you into this world.

JollyRob68
04-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Here what Ed Bouchette of the post gazette wrote in his PG Plus blog.

Ed: Even Exonerated, Holmes Unlikely to get Extension

Written by Ed Bouchette
Friday, April 09, 2010 08:31 AM
User Rating: / 2
PoorBest
Good morning,

I’d venture a wild guess and say the indisputable evidence (isn’t that what they need on replay challenge?) that the attorney for Santonio Holmes sent the investigators in Orlando is a video, probably taken on someone’s cell phone. They’re all the rage, you know.

And I will bet that video shows someone else throwing the drink at the young lady and not Holmes. That would end that quickly, I would assume, and that is why his attorney is talking so confidently.

So that would clear Holmes with the cops in Orlando. I’m not so sure it necessarily clears him with the Steelers. There are still those inane tweets and other run-ins with the law along the way, and I keep hearing he’s not the best of teammates. He’s not a leader, nowhere near what Hines Ward has been. They’ve had a few of those through the years and just put up with them. But I’m not sure they want to put up with Holmes anymore. This is not my opinion, this is just what I keep hearing.

To extend him now would take crazy money and I do not think he’s worth it. I heard on local talk radio here the other day someone say that Holmes is “an emerging superstar.’’ Oh, really? To revise an old quote from another former “emerging superstar” at the same position, Troy Edwards, “What he done?’’

Yes, he is a Super Bowl MVP (I voted for James Harrison and if I had a second vote it would have gone to Ben Roethlisberger). But he’s played in the league for four years now and he’s not sniffed a Pro Bowl and he got his first 1,000-yard season in 2009. Usually, emerging superstars have emerged by that time. And if you do not make an all-star team, I don’t know if you can even be labeled a “star” never mind a “superstar.’’

Holmes is a good receiver, no doubt. But Mike Wallace got off to a faster start as a rookie and has more speed and more upside. Maybe as the Steelers see it, they could move Wallace up to his spot in 2011 – or even sooner? – and go from there. They signed two veteran free agents, still have Ward and who knows who might emerge along the way through the draft, Limas Sweed, etc. It’s not that much of a stretch.

Anyway, that’s not all my opinion, as I said; most of it is based on what I’m hearing. There is also the matter that no one has brought up -- Holmes will have five years experience after this season. If there is no new CBA, he would become a restricted free agent, not unrestricted, next year.

tburg68
04-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I dont write for the site you retard.

seriously who brought you into this world.

You don't write it, but you believe it like it's gospel. I'm a retard because I call you on your stupidity? Guilty as charged.