PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: LarryNJ

steelersgal86
03-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
LarryNJ (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/member.php?u=615)

How long have you been a Steeler fan? A couple of years... since 1971 to be exact when I was playing for my 6th grade team.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? My dad, my uncles and everyone else in the Pittsburgh area.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? If I have to pick one, I'd say number 86!

Why are they your favorite player? Because he is a football player and plays the Steeler way, unselfishly it's all for the good of the team. Also he reminds me of my favorite Pirate when I was young, Manny Sanguien always smiling.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? By far Jack Ham because he would make a great play and just walk back to the huddle like it was no big deal. He didn't have the enthusiasm of Lambert but he was smarter and a better LB. The best Steeler LB ever.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? As a young teenager '73-'77 going to most games with my brother in law and his friends. They would take loaves of Italian bread cut them in half and dig out the middle. Than stick a 5th of whiskey in it throw a pound of chipped ham in the bag with them and have me carry them into Three Rivers. Also in the late 70's spending $40 and getting a bus ride to Cleveland, all the beer you could drink on the way up, a ticket to the game, and a steak dinner at the Brown Derby on the way home. Crazy is the only word to discribe going to those games. You did not go into the bathroom alone or you would be beat on. There's nothing like it today.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Hockey! Go Pens!

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I was on another fan site for a while and I actuall go suspended for something very stupid..the mods were treating me like I was 12 years old not 40 something...so I googled for another site to join.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? A diverse community of fans who have differences but respect each other. Very well run and not over managed. The best place to be if you're a Steeler fan or if you are a fan of another team and want to see how you should act.

What do you do for a living? Sales manager for AuotPort Inc. in New Castle De.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I ride a Vespa in the summer.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? I guess that I live in NJ

What kind of car or truck do you drive? 2008 Ford Edge & 2003 Ford Escape

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? My wife! :lol: I'd say I'd stop the hairs from growing in places that they shouldn't! :)

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? Scootering in the summer...especially along the Jersey shore and in Philly. I'm very active on an Aussie Rugby Fan Site even though I know little about the game. www.twf.com.au (http://www.twf.com.au/) Watching my son play Lacrosse, going to the Philly Wings games and good beer..especially Belgium Beers!

Favorite TV show(s)? Entourage, United States of Tara, Weeds

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? I seldom play...but Xbox 360 ..Madden or Rock Band is fun with the kids

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? I usually watch myself, until playoff time than they get into it.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? No real rituals anymore

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Belgium Beer & pretzels

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? I'd guess about 30 or so.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? Three Rivers... I haven't been to Heinz field yet.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? Immaculate Reception...I remember it like it was yesterday, in the living room with my dad & uncle listening on the radio because the home games were blacked out. I remember them jumping up and down yelling and screaming. To see the joy and excitement that brought to the city after years of dissapointments. That was when Steeler Nation began to grow.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? Next Year

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Some help on the OL, another RB...I think Parker is done and staying relatively healthy.

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-01-2010, 12:14 AM
NICE interview !! a vespa???:lol::lol: sorry couldn't pass that one up !!
Thanks for sharing !!

steelersgal86
04-01-2010, 08:37 AM
If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? My wife! :lol: I'd say I'd stop the hairs from growing in places that they shouldn't! :)

:eek: you didnt say just kidding :thinking:

nice interview:yellowthumb:

LarryNJ
04-01-2010, 09:44 AM
NICE interview !! a vespa???:lol::lol: sorry couldn't pass that one up !!

Vespa's are cool, especially when they are amongst a bunch a Harley's!

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6180/vespar.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5754/scoot.jpg

75Steeler
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Larry, I've enjoyed meeting you here on SA and I enjoy reading your posts and comments. It's also cool to chat with somone who knows a little about old McKeesport PA. Enjoy that scooter this summer and becareful....talk to you soon here on SA. :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Vespa's own face :yesnod: always nice to see another person on 2 wheels!

Nice read, thanks for sharing with us!

Zachintosh66
04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
good deals :)