PDA

View Full Version : ** Updates on Holmes criminal case being reopened! **

Big T
03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Holmes criminal case closed after police report released
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 30, 2010 2:16 PM ET

PFT has received a copy of the incident report from the Orlando Police Department related to Santonio Holmes' alleged battery on March 7.

The police say the case is now closed due to the victim's declination to prosecute Holmes at the time of the incident. Anshoenoe Mills is suing Holmes in a civil case.

One aspect of the report stands out. After Holmes and Mills told conflicting stories, the police advised them charges would be filed against Holmes.

"[Mills] then asked this officer if she could speak to Holmes alone," the police report reads. "I said yes and Holmes agreed to speak with her. They then walked several feet away from me and had a conversation.

"This officer observed Mills smiling and rubbing Holmes face just moments after walking off together," the report continued. "Five minutes later the two returned and Mills advised this officer that they had resolved the matter and that she did not wish to press charges or get Holmes into any trouble. Mills had a small abrasion that was less than 1/4' [''} over her right eye. She refused medical attention. Mills wrote a sworn written statement in which she declined to prosecute."

Florio is the legal expert around here, but we have to think that passage will be an important one for Mills to address in her civil case.

As Mike first reported, Holmes contends that another person -- a woman -- threw a glass at Mills' face. The conflict between Holmes and Mills occurred when Holmes returned to a VIP area of Club Rain and Mills was in his seat.

Holmes says Mills started the confrontation by grabbing his wrist and yelling at him. Mills contended in the police report Holmes got in her face and threw a glass at her.

UPDATE: The Orlando Police Department also says "The timeliness of the report will be an administrative policy matter that will be reviewed." In her civil case, Mills alleged that the Orlando Police Department failed to prepare a formal police report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/30/holmes-case-closed-after-police-report-released/

money hungry bitches man...

LarryNJ
03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Can't be that hungry asking for only $15,000...but BITCHES yes! :lol:

Big T
03-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Can't be that hungry asking for only $15,000...but BITCHES yes! :lol:

$15,000 is a lot of money to a college student....I could really use that right now.

LatrobePA
03-30-2010, 04:54 PM
$15,000 is a lot of money to a college student....I could really use that right now.

I could use 150.00, dear Mr. Holmes, please throw a glass at my face!!

steelersbabex25
03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Hallelujah. Can we all get past this, "Holmes should be cut" bullshit now?

Big T
03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Hallelujah. Can we all get past this, "Holmes should be cut" bullshit now?

I sure as hell hope so...but there are going to be people who want him gone because he told that dude on twitter to kill himself....people are so sensitive...words are just words.

SteelCityKid5
03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Word are words but you dont go telling some kid to kill himself. I could give a **** who you are This is shines yet again another negative light on the Steelers organization. Glad he's innocent but still dont like him.

steelersbabex25
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I bet you liked him when he helped lead the Steelers to their 6th superbowl..just saying.

LatrobePA
03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I bet you liked him when he helped lead the Steelers to their 6th superbowl..just saying.

Not to :stirpot: but his little James tribute in the endzone if caught and flagged could of easily lost us that game too! Just say'n lol

SteelCityKid5
03-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Good thing you didn't put a wager on that bet. I was pissed cause I thought Ben should have gotten the MVP. Just sayin.

Big T
03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Word are words but you dont go telling some kid to kill himself. I could give a **** who you are This is shines yet again another negative light on the Steelers organization. Glad he's innocent but still dont like him.

How do we know it was a kid anyway? Everything I've read said it was a fan...this person could be 40 years old for all we know...

SteelCityKid5
03-30-2010, 07:01 PM
He could be 14 too. Regardless, it's just something you do not do. If OchoCinco did this anyone and everyone in here would be taking jabs at him.

steelersbabex25
03-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Good thing you didn't put a wager on that bet. I was pissed cause I thought Ben should have gotten the MVP. Just sayin.

So after he made that amazing touchdown catch in the last seconds of the superbowl and won the MVP..you were like, "wow I'm so mad he caught that. Ben should have been the MVP." Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
I sure as hell hope so...but there are going to be people who want him gone because he told that dude on twitter to kill himself....people are so sensitive...words are just words.

that was awesome imo.

i would tell the dude the same thing maybe harsher.

1. before the story is released the dude disses down santonio. he didnt even know facts.

2. is it even the dudes business intervening with tones personal life?

3. the hater was a dick anyway

4. put yourself in tones shoes who was innocent all along and got all the hate from them guys even had harsh tweets.

if some dude came up to you in the streets publicly an shouted all along rapist rapist rapist (for example) and other people heard... tone would feel embarrased. i would even though i was innocent. get my vibe?

ill know ill recieve alot of hate for saying tones tweet was awesome but that was my view.
tones innocent so the haters go slit there wrists listening to emo music.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't know Holmes personally and never will.....All I care about is how many balls he catches and TD's he scores...lol

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Apparantley if this junior is 14? To Join Twitter isn't it 16-18+ to sign up?

Who cares if Santonio served the dude online through a tweet.

Big T
03-30-2010, 07:46 PM
He could be 14 too. Regardless, it's just something you do not do. If OchoCinco did this anyone and everyone in here would be taking jabs at him.

Not me...I absolutely love Chad...everything about him...the NFL needs this guy an he knows it...I absolutely love him... I would love to have him on this team

steelersbabex25
03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Not me...I absolutely love Chad...everything about him...the NFL needs this guy an he knows it...I absolutely love him... I would love to have him on this team

Not to totally change the subject of this thread..but I didn't like him until Dancing With The Stars. I've been watching him and he's adorable.

Big T
03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Not to totally change the subject of this thread..but I didn't like him until Dancing With The Stars. I've been watching him and he's adorable.

Ya Ive been watching it too believe it or not...haha but ya he's cool as hell

steelerfan11
03-30-2010, 08:24 PM

I couldn't stand him until twitter. Now I find him funny and entertaining. He seems like a great person that just wants to have fun in life.

SteelCityKid5
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
So after he made that amazing touchdown catch in the last seconds of the superbowl and won the MVP..you were like, "wow I'm so mad he caught that. Ben should have been the MVP." Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Not quite. I screamed from the top of my lungs and was happy, as the rest of us. Next, I saw Holmes receiving this shiny silver star looking trophy after we played some defense and got the fumbled recovery. THEN I was pissed. In other words, when the game was over and he was up on the podium receiving the MVP trophy, I was pissed. And no need to thank me for the clarification.

Big T
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
I couldn't stand him until twitter. Now I find him funny and entertaining. He seems like a great person that just wants to have fun in life.

Exactly...He loves life and knows how to enjoy it, no matter what people think about him...It's pretty much the same way I am...

SteelCityKid5
03-30-2010, 08:43 PM

You completely are though?

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Chad's a dick. Wait until Ryan Clark delivers him the mustard next season.

SteelCityKid5
03-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Also, you could sub Ochocinco with Brady, Rivers, Palmer, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Moss, Merriman and most of you would point the fingers at him and get on his case. I understand you saying no for arguments sake or not trying to change the subject, but it's true. For example, Joey Porter gets arrested and people are making fun of him. If he was still a Steeler people would be on here kissing his ***.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Can't we just go back to blending into the background and stop all this press nonsense.

75Steeler
03-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Can't we just go back to blending into the background and stop all this press nonsense.

I'd be real happy to have a team that we don't hear from till training camp at this point!

steelersbabex25
03-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Okay, all bullshit and rudeness aside. The nature of the NFL has changed. (most) Players aren't worried about being classy or respectful, they're worrying about winning games. Based on that fact and that fact alone, I don't care what these players do as long as they're playing in games and winning them. As far as I can see, Santonio has not done anything that's going to cause any suspensions or cause him to do worse on the field. Of course we would love all of our players do be flawless, but in this day and age, that just isn't gonna happen, and it's time we all get over it.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Okay, all bullshit and rudeness aside. The nature of the NFL has changed. (most) Players aren't worried about being classy or respectful, they're worrying about winning games. Based on that fact and that fact alone, I don't care what these players do as long as they're playing in games and winning them. As far as I can see, Santonio has not done anything that's going to cause any suspensions or cause him to do worse on the field. Of course we would love all of our players do be flawless, but in this day and age, that just isn't gonna happen, and it's time we all get over it.

This.....and I agree 100 percent

I have never met Holmes or Ben and probably never will......I really could careless if they live their lives as choir boys or are model citizens.....Its not like I'm going to have these over for Easter dinner any time soon.....:lol:

Just win football game is the bottom line.....

SteelCityKid5
03-31-2010, 12:14 AM
So, you dont care if they're classy then?

JensK
03-31-2010, 12:37 AM

I for one dont. Obviously, you would wish they would all be like Polamalu, but as long as they dont get charged with anything, i could care less about how they act outside of the team facilities... After all, its their life, so if they want to **** it away, go ahead... as long as they win games.

SteelerSteve
03-31-2010, 03:17 AM
gotta love how the conversation turned into how awesome ochocinco is! :lol:

steelersbabex25
03-31-2010, 01:31 PM

Okay. I'll rephrase what I just wrote then. OF COURSE you would like all the players on your team to be classy. But is that going to happen? NO. It doesn't matter if we care if they're classy or not, because some of them aren't going to be. You can't say, let's throw any player who does something wrong (outside of football) off our team. Where would that leave the Steelers? Without Ben, without Santonio, without Reed, without Harrison, I think you see where I'm going with this. Us, as Steelers fans, are used to having players who would sit at home with their wives and children and stay out of trouble. But this is a different time period. You can't expect this kind of stuff not to happen anymore, because it will, and there's going to be a whole lot more of it. Not just with the Steelers, but with every team in the NFL. So it's about time we all get used to it and stop calling for everyones head because they're, "tarnishing the Steelers image." WHO CARES about their image as long as they're winning games? I know I don't.

MattyVfromCT
03-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Okay. I'll rephrase what I just wrote then. OF COURSE you would like all the players on your team to be classy. But is that going to happen? NO. It doesn't matter if we care if they're classy or not, because some of them aren't going to be. You can't say, let's throw any player who does something wrong (outside of football) off our team. Where would that leave the Steelers? Without Ben, without Santonio, without Reed, without Harrison, I think you see where I'm going with this. Us, as Steelers fans, are used to having players who would sit at home with their wives and children and stay out of trouble. But this is a different time period. You can't expect this kind of stuff not to happen anymore, because it will, and there's going to be a whole lot more of it. Not just with the Steelers, but with every team in the NFL. So it's about time we all get used to it and stop calling for everyones head because they're, "tarnishing the Steelers image." WHO CARES about their image as long as they're winning games? I know I don't.

exactly. there's a reason the nfl threatened espn that they would take away their rights to broadcast any games or show any nfl highlights on sportcenter, etc if they did not remove the series "playmakers" from the air. because that series, just like any given sunday, show an accurate depiction of the nonsense that goes on in the nfl both on and off the field. every teams has guys doing something wrong. fortunately the steelers' recent troubles are mainly misdemeanor accusations/charges. we don't exactly have felons on this team. it's not as bad as some are making it out to be.

SteelCityKid5
04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
WHO CARES about their image?

Money can't buy class.

I don't know either.

Also, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/01/more-misadventures-for-santonio-twitter-style/

just tacking on another reason as to why I don't/ never did like Holmes.

LatrobePA
04-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Wake N Bake could mean he likes to bake cakes in the AM....lol

He's an f'n douchebag just like his QB!!

I don't know either.

Also, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/01/more-misadventures-for-santonio-twitter-style/

MattyVfromCT
04-01-2010, 06:06 PM

I don't know either.

do you seriously have to post links to pft? **** pft. mike florio is a douchebag. all he ever does is bash the steelers. i have never seen that moron write one positive thing about the steelers. besides pft is just the "gossip column" of football. no different than the national enquirer. florio is just pissed that his vikings are the biggest choke artist franchise in nfl history. 30 postseason losses. pathetic. god i hate that guy

LatrobePA
04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
The case is now back open!!

SteelCityKid5
04-02-2010, 10:46 AM
do you seriously have to post links to pft? **** pft. mike florio is a douchebag. all he ever does is bash the steelers. i have never seen that moron write one positive thing about the steelers. besides pft is just the "gossip column" of football. no different than the national enquirer. florio is just pissed that his vikings are the biggest choke artist franchise in nfl history. 30 postseason losses. pathetic. god i hate that guy

....How does Mike Florio have at all anything to do with what I was talking about? That's the only website I could find that had that story, which was Holmes talking about smoking weed in the morning. That story is credible because they got it from Holmes' twitter account. So I'm not so sure that's considered a rumor. Plus, gossip can be any website not just PFT, ESPN does the same thing. Florio bashing the Steelers had nothing to do with I was talking about. That link was just proof to what Holmes said on his twitter. Therefore, I don't see what the hell you're trying to say.

LatrobePA
04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
If Holmes would of stayed off his Twitter page this would of blown over I bet...He's a dickbag!

Zachintosh66
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
at least one of these 3 cases (2 big ben, 1 holmes) is gonna bite us... were not gonna get away "scott free" with all 3, someone is gonna to get suspended and lose game checks. :(

LatrobePA
04-02-2010, 11:33 AM
IMO none of them hold a chance in court...But the distaction factor is there and this **** will loom over training camp again this year you can bet on that!!

coldrolled
04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
IMO none of them hold a chance in court...But the distaction factor is there and this **** will loom over training camp again this year you can bet on that!!

The only smell looming over training camp this year is BA...

At least he has to listen and perform this year, its the end of his contract/career.

the ole' stubborn prick...

LatrobePA
04-02-2010, 11:48 AM
The only smell looming over training camp this year is BA...

At least he has to listen and perform this year, its the end of his contract/career.

the ole' stubborn prick...

lol yes the BA hatred will still be there stinking the joint up!

steelersbabex25
04-02-2010, 12:00 PM
And here I thought we might be able to go an entire month without the mention of Bruce Arians. I'd almost forgotten all about him..

TampaSteelGirl
04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Please people....you will see more of a running game this year....BA's job depends on it! :OA02:

LatrobePA
04-02-2010, 12:43 PM
And here I thought we might be able to go an entire month without the mention of Bruce Arians. I'd almost forgotten all about him..

LOL, sorry I didn't want to reply to it, but couldn't help myself..

Yes, TSG we will run more or Brucey boy will be canned...

AZ_Steeler
04-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Looks like there has been a change of plans for Holmes:

Police: Fla. woman wants charges against Holmes

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—A Florida woman who sued Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes(notes) over an alleged assault now wants to press charges, police said Friday.

Anshonae Mills, 21, filed a lawsuit March 24 claiming Holmes grabbed her face and threw a glass at her March 7 in an Orlando nightclub, cutting her above the eye. In the lawsuit, she said Holmes and a police officer intimidated her so she wouldn’t press charges.

Mills changed her mind, and the case has been reopened, Orlando police Sgt. Barbara Jones said in an e-mail Friday.

Jones did not release more information about the investigation.

Attorneys for Holmes and Mills did not immediately return phone messages.

Holmes has denied hurting Mills. According to a police report, he told an officer that Mills grabbed his wrist and called him a racial name, and then another woman threw the glass that hit Mills in the face.

Mills had a quarter-inch abrasion above her right eye but refused medical attention, the police report said.

In the report released Tuesday, officer Damon Barnes said he told Holmes and Mills that, with their conflicting statements and no independent witnesses, he planned to file charges against Holmes.

Mills then asked the officer if she could speak to Holmes alone, according to the report. Barnes wrote that he saw Mills smiling and rubbing Holmes’ face. Mills then told Barnes that she didn’t want to press charges or “get Holmes into trouble,” the report said.

Steelers president Art Rooney II has said the team is “disappointed” by the allegations made in Mills’ lawsuit. Rooney said he would have no further comment until the team gathered more information.
Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-holmes)

Captcoolhand
04-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Good and take Ben with ya!

steelersbabex25
04-02-2010, 02:22 PM
This woman seems pretty dumb to me. I haven't heard of any witnesses saying anything in favor of what she said happened. Nothing will come of this..I'm calling it now.

Big T
04-02-2010, 03:49 PM
He said/she said...I want to press charges, nevermind I don't want to press charges, oh wait I think I will press charges...come in now...this is a complete crock...

steelersbabex25
04-02-2010, 04:00 PM
He said/she said...I want to press charges, nevermind I don't want to press charges, oh wait I think I will press charges...come in now...this is a complete crock...

Yeah..this woman is just all over the place.

Troyisabeast_43
04-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Still doesnt change the fact that Santanio Holmes is a punk and shouldnt be in a situation like this if he didnt live the current lifestyle that he lives. How come you never hear stories like this about guys like Aaron Smith or Heath Miller?? Because they are good football players who are also good people that know how to keep their asses out of trouble and live a clean lifestyle something Holmes knows nothing about. Look Im greatful for the amazing catch Santanio made in the Super Bowl a few seasons ago to allow me to witness another championship being the diehard Steelers fan that I am, but after hearing him say the other day that the fans dont cut my checks shows you what kind of punk-*** Holmes really is.

TampaSteelGirl
04-02-2010, 04:16 PM
LETS JUST PLAY SOME F*CKIN FOOTBALL!!!!!

MattyVfromCT
04-02-2010, 05:48 PM
....How does Mike Florio have at all anything to do with what I was talking about? That's the only website I could find that had that story, which was Holmes talking about smoking weed in the morning. That story is credible because they got it from Holmes' twitter account. So I'm not so sure that's considered a rumor. Plus, gossip can be any website not just PFT, ESPN does the same thing. Florio bashing the Steelers had nothing to do with I was talking about. That link was just proof to what Holmes said on his twitter. Therefore, I don't see what the hell you're trying to say.

i wasn't bashing you, just ranting on how much i hate mike florio. if that was the only site that mentioned the "wake 'n bake" then i apologize. but my only point is pft is the most useless football blog on the entire planet. yes, espn will have gossip column-esque sories as well, but that's 95% of anything that's on pft. and i hate florio with a passion. anytime there is negative attention brought upon the steelers (ben parts 1 and 2, reed, holmes, etc) he writes about it like a giddy schoolboy. he loves it when there's anything negative going on with the steelers. all he ever does is bash the steelers. he's bashed the rooneys calling them hypocrites, etc. when he's on football night in america i want to reach through my tv and choke the guy. like i said, not ripping you, just ranting on how much i hate pft and douchebag florio especially. done ranting about that tool. peace

75Steeler
04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm sick of all of this crap. She is a gold digger just like the rest. Get back on the pole honney that is the only way you are going to make any money.

LatrobePA
04-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm sick of all of this crap. She is a gold digger just like the rest. Get back on the pole honney that is the only way you are going to make any money.

Or by getting a 1/4" cut from a glass tossed at ya by a SB winning MVP wideout!! lol

75Steeler
04-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Or by getting a 1/4" cut from a glass tossed at ya by a SB winning MVP wideout!! lol

Very True!

ejsteeler
04-04-2010, 03:49 PM

:yellowthumb: :cope:

lloydfan4life
04-04-2010, 08:51 PM
.... and here I thought we should allow Tim Lumber back on the forum because it was going to be a boring offseason. :banging:

C'mon September!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-05-2010, 09:05 AM

I'm pretty sure Tomlin is thinking the same thing you. This has been the worst offseason I can remember for this team. We should be happy with the free agents we picked up, guys we were able to resign, but here we are every day still talking about Ben's inability to control his lower extremity and Holmes inability to control his mouth or his pitching arm. :evilshake:

Sir Blitzelot
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Tomlin is thinking the same thing you. This has been the worst offseason I can remember for this team. We should be happy with the free agents we picked up, guys we were able to resign, but here we are every day still talking about Ben's inability to control his lower extremity and Holmes inability to control his mouth or his pitching arm. :evilshake:

I agree, these off the field incidents have pretty much overshadowed the excitement the Steelers generated in free agency. It's frustrating to not be able to focus on just football... Instead, we have to put up with all of these other distractions.

75Steeler
04-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Coming into the off season I was hoping that Ben's Nevada issue was going to be put to rest and we could go into this next season distraction free and get back to playing football. I guess I was wrong. This crap is growing old! :evilshake: