PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker Thread

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 12:37 AM
OK, so I know this has been discussed at times before but I though we should have a Willie Parker thread anyways.
Why? Because I want to see what everyone thinks of him as our featured back. Some of you may already know that I don't think he should be our featured back and I have my reasons just as I am sure some of you have yours for wanting him there.
This is for discussion so come with some facts and opinions and keep it civil. I've seen this kind of thread get out of hand on a few sites already and it's sad. We are all Steeler Fans and have our opinions on what needs to be changed/fixed/etc. That doesn't make any of us better than the other.
So with that said, what should we do with Willie and if we need another back what would you look for?

SteelerFan87
12-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Well, nowadays you pretty much have to have 2 RBs, unless you have a guy like LT, Johnson, Alexander, or Tiki Barber.

Willie's our starter, but he can't do it alone.

Koopa
12-01-2006, 12:48 AM
well if cowher would use him right then he'd be badass, but trying to make him a pounder is just ****ing him up, spread him out and let him run....throw to him and **** like that........

here's an article for tomorrow, well today for you east coast folks

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06335/742653-66.stm

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Good article koopa.

Parker is the type of back who can break one at any time. But that doesn't win most games. You need a back that can carry the ball 4-5 yds everytime. I would take Bettis getting 1200 yds over Willie get 1500. That's nothing on Willie. It's just what wins games.
I would like to see Willie as the 3rd down back and to bring him in later in games. Let the D try and chase him down when he is fresh and they are tired!....lol
I really want Willie to stay on with the Steelers. I just don't like him carrying as much as he does. I'd like to see another RB (not sure who yet, just a bigger back) get about 25 carries and Willie 15 a game. Not to mention having Willie catch some 3rd down passes and screens. Maybe even a draw or two.

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Parker cannot carry this team an entire season on 25+ carries a game! Najeh seems like a good fit but Cowher seems hesitant to put him in for some reason :dunno: how are we for sure Najeh is the right fit :smh: He seems like he is ready to step in and do whatever it takes to help the team but Cowher has this short leash on him and only takes it off when we are blowing out the Chiefs!

2 backs is the way to go! One to catch the opponent off guard and another to jam it down their throat by running straight at the defense. Don't take this wrong, I really like Parker back there (more than I did last year) but he cannot be an LT and get the 25-30 carries every Sunday and expect to be ready for the playoffs! That is too much pounding and wear and tear, the Steelers need that second guy to alleviate the load.

Koopa
12-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Good article koopa.

Parker is the type of back who can break one at any time. But that doesn't win most games. You need a back that can carry the ball 4-5 yds everytime. I would take Bettis getting 1200 yds over Willie get 1500. That's nothing on Willie. It's just what wins games.
I would like to see Willie as the 3rd down back and to bring him in later in games. Let the D try and chase him down when he is fresh and they are tired!....lol
I really want Willie to stay on with the Steelers. I just don't like him carrying as much as he does. I'd like to see another RB (not sure who yet, just a bigger back) get about 25 carries and Willie 15 a game. Not to mention having Willie catch some 3rd down passes and screens. Maybe even a draw or two.

you got to get over those days, we are not that type of team anymore, you are stuck in the past like cowher, if we would just open everything up and get a decent line to protect ben we would be badass without the fat back system.....and willie would be more productive

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 01:10 AM
I may be stuck in the past but at least I realize we don't have the right personel to play like we use to. A good running game and good defense win championships. We have neither the way we are right now.

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Before the Steelers decide to open up the air attack they first need to address the defense otherwise they get into these shootouts like they did with the Saints! I agree the Steelers would be bad ***, but first the D needs to be able to stop the opponent! But then again... if the defense is doing their job and the offense is putting up points then the Steelers can shutdwon the pass and give a heavy dose of the run and we are back to Steelers football!! :lol: I just did a complete 180!

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Funny how we always come back to what got us here. A great running game and great defense.

Koopa
12-01-2006, 01:20 AM
if only we would've kept playing like we did in the playoffs when ken was doing the play calling....setting up the run with the pass.......but this year we went back to retard way and

run run throw punt

they score

pass, pass, pass, punt

they score

pass pass run punt

they score

pass pass pass pass pass pass punt

they drive long

pass pass pass pass int

they have another good drive

pass pass run pass pass pass fumble

they finally get a three and out

fumble punt return

they have a good drive

pass pass pass run run pass pass missed field goal

that is what every game has seemed like......but i think we must address the defense in the first round, second round get a lineman....and then fill in other needs......i think if we can resign dookie we will kinda be set..this year hasn't been fair for him, we never get a lead to use him..i can't wait for 07 lol

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 01:25 AM
We can't do what we did last year when other teams aren't scared of our running game. That would work if we had Bettis here.
And you say I'm stuck in the past!....lol

Koopa
12-01-2006, 01:30 AM
no one feared bettis, fat *** just ran over everyone lol.....i don't know, i just hope we don't become a running team, that **** is ****ing boring, lets use our talent and air the bitch out, we could win airing it out if we had a good coach

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Everyone feared Bettis! No defense wanted to see him in the second half of games.
And oour D isn't made for the type of game you want. Neither is our offense. We are like stuck in the middle....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Willie is the man for this team for a long time to come; the Steelers have evolved this year out of necessity to a passing team setting up the run. Mostly becuase we've been playing from behind in nearly every game. If we don't address the OL in the draft, it won't matter if Bettis was still here or not, cuz we'll be the same type of offense next year.

I still say don't look for wholesale changes on defense next year, there's too many young guys who are locked up who played great right up until last year for us to make a lot of changes. Now tweaks here and there, absolutely that is needed. As far as Willie though, if the team can sign Najeh to a long term deal, they feel they'll be set at RB for a long time...but as koopa mentioned it all comes back to how they use them.

Captcoolhand
12-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Willie is the man for this team for a long time to come; the Steelers have evolved this year out of necessity to a passing team setting up the run. Mostly becuase we've been playing from behind in nearly every game. If we don't address the OL in the draft, it won't matter if Bettis was still here or not, cuz we'll be the same type of offense next year.

I still say don't look for wholesale changes on defense next year, there's too many young guys who are locked up who played great right up until last year for us to make a lot of changes. Now tweaks here and there, absolutely that is needed. As far as Willie though, if the team can sign Najeh to a long term deal, they feel they'll be set at RB for a long time...but as koopa mentioned it all comes back to how they use them.
Let me ask,What would you do:scratch: With the exception to maybe Simmons How woulds addressing this Line make them better? Teams are still going to bring 8 guys to the Box and We DON'T have a RB that can play a LJ and carry 5 of those guys on his Back. To make a long story short, If I was Head coach of another team, I would bring Blitzes on you all day. We don't have any threats for WR's.(Ward being out) Nor do we have A RB that can keep teams wondering. So with that, everyone wants to blame the O-line for The Teams' own Deficiency

House of Steel
12-01-2006, 09:27 AM
You all have great points. However, Parker is not an back to carry the load all season long. Now, I understand the point of putting a rotation of Najeh and Willie back and forth to confuse the defense. Offensive Line is a good line that needs to get the communication and the chemistry back on track. This line was dominant last season. Defensive Line isn't bad either with an exception of old age catching up to the veterans. We do need to address the depth chart behind the starters on both sides of the ball. What I really would like to see happen this offseason is Ben working with Whipple to get the rhythm and flow back that he was darn good with in the first couple of seasons with us, practice with the route running and catching with the receivers. Get some sort of communication thing going and gain their confidence in knowing how and where to throw the ball in the hot spot. There is a lot of work that needs to be done in training camp, I would definitely scrap the starter list and make everyone of those players fight for their respective positions on the depth chart. I say winner takes all and we will see for ourselves how hard this team will work. The major concern for all of us is, the status of Bill Cowher, the status of Troy Polamalu and this is a big one, they need to lock this guy up long term.

Steelx
12-01-2006, 09:45 AM
218 attempts, 932 yards, 6 TDS, 63 recp, 553 yards, 0 tds = 1465 yards, 6 tds
210 attempts, 915 yards, 9 TDS, 28 recp, 186 yards, 3 TDs = 1101 yards, 12 tds
246 attempts, 937 yards, 8 TDS, 23 recp, 90 yards, 0 tds = 1027 yards, 8 tds
235 attempts, 945 yards, 4 TDS, 24 recp, 180 yards, 0 tds = 1125 yards, 4 tds
210 attempts, 1177 yards, 5 tds, 41 recp, 318 yards, 0 tds = 1495 yards, 5 tds

Alright I see where you are coming from Steelersfan but I am going to totally disagree with you. In the above stat line which one is Willie's? Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Rudi Johnson, and Thomas Jones #'s are also included. Now after you look at which #'s are involved who would you like in your backfield?

Now I do agree Willie is not going to control the game like Bettis used to and we do need a guy that can come in pound the middle and run some clock once the Steelers get the lead. And I am not sure if we have that guy because Cowher doesnt want to use what we have. Give Najeh the ball he is a great talent and should be able to run up the middle. But If they do not try they will never know.

To me Willie is the answer but he needs to be used like a Westbrook type of player short screens or pass's and almost option type of runs with sweeps to the outside with the occasional up the middle runs. If this guy gets the corner he is going to average 5 yards a carry. Willie Parker is #3 in the league in the TD category he deserves this spot but he needs to be used correctly. To me this has been one of the worst coaching years for Cowher not sure why but to me it is. Letting Ben play way to early is just one of the problems. Not using the runningbacks you brought in to help out.

Above answers in order they are listed
1. Steven Jackson, 2. Willie Parker, 3. Rudi Johnson, 4. Thomas Jones, 5. Frank Gore

Captcoolhand
12-01-2006, 10:15 AM
218 attempts, 932 yards, 6 TDS, 63 recp, 553 yards, 0 tds = 1465 yards, 6 tds
210 attempts, 915 yards, 9 TDS, 28 recp, 186 yards, 3 TDs = 1101 yards, 12 tds
246 attempts, 937 yards, 8 TDS, 23 recp, 90 yards, 0 tds = 1027 yards, 8 tds
235 attempts, 945 yards, 4 TDS, 24 recp, 180 yards, 0 tds = 1125 yards, 4 tds
210 attempts, 1177 yards, 5 tds, 41 recp, 318 yards, 0 tds = 1495 yards, 5 tds

Alright I see where you are coming from Steelersfan but I am going to totally disagree with you. In the above stat line which one is Willie's? Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Rudi Johnson, and Thomas Jones #'s are also included. Now after you look at which #'s are involved who would you like in your backfield?

Now I do agree Willie is not going to control the game like Bettis used to and we do need a guy that can come in pound the middle and run some clock once the Steelers get the lead. And I am not sure if we have that guy because Cowher doesnt want to use what we have. Give Najeh the ball he is a great talent and should be able to run up the middle. But If they do not try they will never know.

To me Willie is the answer but he needs to be used like a Westbrook type of player short screens or pass's and almost option type of runs with sweeps to the outside with the occasional up the middle runs. If this guy gets the corner he is going to average 5 yards a carry. Willie Parker is #3 in the league in the TD category he deserves this spot but he needs to be used correctly. To me this has been one of the worst coaching years for Cowher not sure why but to me it is. Letting Ben play way to early is just one of the problems. Not using the runningbacks you brought in to help out.

Above answers in order they are listed
1. Steven Jackson, 2. Willie Parker, 3. Rudi Johnson, 4. Thomas Jones, 5. Frank Gore
I Might Have to go with Frank Gore:bigthumb: Even when He's injuried, He's a Beast

Black@Gold Forever32
12-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Well I think the Steelers can win with a Willie Parker as the starting RB. Steelers were 11-5 and won a Super Bowl with Willie Parker as the starting RB this year. But Bettis was there to close out the 4th quarter. I understand this.

But this year has been such a mess with all the turn overs that the Steelers really havn't had the lead in the 4th quarter to close games out with the running game. Thats why Davenport hasn't been used more. So I think this year is really unfair to make any judgement on the Steelers running game.

We as fans should have all known that this season was over when Ben rode his motorcycle on that fateful day in June. I give Ben a ton of credit for wanting to play and it was a true warrior effort. But looking back I think Ben maybe should have sat out the first 6 games or maybe more. Now would the Steelers be 9-2 with Batch starting. Probally not since the special teams still would have been horrible. But the Steelers probally would be 6-5 instead of 4-7. But looking back serves no purpose.

The main the Steelers have some nice talent to build around. I do think they need another RB. I'm not a Dookie fan. Alot of it goes back to his days with the Packers. I always thought he was soft even though he is a big back. I would like to see the Steelers draft that kid Leondard out of Rutgers. He can play both RB and FB.

With fully healthy Ben and some adjustments made on the Oline and on defense. The Steelers will be back next year. One other thing fix the damn special teams.

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06335/742653-66.stm)

Friday, December 01, 2006
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The paradox of the Steelers' running game might be summed up by these statistics: Willie Parker is the No. 3 rusher in the AFC, yet the team is ranked just 17th in the league.

Parker entered this season with virtually everyone saying he could not carry the load the way Jerome Bettis did. He's not -- he's carrying more of it.

A second-year starter, Parker might not be built like a Bus at 5 feet 10, 209 pounds, but he has 75 percent of the Steelers' carries this season. In 10 years with the Steelers, Bettis never had more than 67.4 percent of the carries.

In other words, Parker is running more and the Steelers are enjoying it less. Their No. 17 ranking is the second lowest under coach Bill Cowher to the 2003 season, when they ranked 31st.

That might be no reflection on Parker, a strong candidate for the Pro Bowl if he keeps it up, but a statement of what has become of the Steelers' ground game.

The Steelers have run just 39.7 percent of the time, which would be the lowest in their modern history that dates to 1969 if they maintain that pace the next five games. Not only is that down from 57.2 percent last season, it's lower than the disastrous 2003 Air Cowher campaign when they ran 43.7 percent of the time and prompted the coach to swear off that kind of offense.

It might not be that they've fallen in love with the pass the way they did when Tommy Maddox was flinging the ball in 2002 and '03; it might be that they have less confidence in a ground game that can hit home runs but does not grind out consistent gains.

"It would be good, getting back to running the ball," guard Alan Faneca said. "Not even really getting back but putting ourselves in situations where we can stay running the ball. If you're down 17 points, 21 points, it's hard to stick to the run in this league because you know they're still getting the ball on offense and you have to play catch-up. You have to close the gap somehow. And closing the gap quickly is about throwing the ball."

That's correct, in theory, but in reality the Steelers have not fallen behind by that many points except in one game, Sunday in Baltimore. Cowher noted this week that they have been close in every loss in the fourth quarter except to the Ravens. Even in that one, Cowher said about the running game that "we probably abandoned it a little too soon the other day."

No one will say the coaches lack confidence in the ground game, but it's become obvious by the play selection.

The Steelers trailed only 7-0 early in the second quarter in Baltimore when they got the ball to start a drive on their 14. On the first play, Ben Roethlisberger was sacked for a 9-yard loss by Terrell Suggs. The next two plays were incomplete passes.

By the time they got the ball back, it was 14-0 and the quarterback dropped back to pass three consecutive times -- one complete for 2 yards, a sack that forced Roethlisberger out with a chest injury, and a 10-yard completion by Charlie Batch.

Two weeks ago, Cowher noted that more NFL teams are using two running backs to share the load and throw different styles at defenses.

"I think you're seeing more than one back. It's hard to have one back last in this league for 16 weeks. Is it good to have the two guys who can complement each other? Yeah. But I think if you have two quality backs, I think you'll find that's what a lot of teams are going to.

"That's the one thing, even people with one back realize that you need two, particularly if you want to take that kind of approach."

Yet Parker has 75 percent of his team's carries -- 210. Next is 255-pound Najeh Davenport, who has been with them since the second game of the season, with 25 carries. Only Edgerrin James of Arizona (84.9), Steven Jackson of St. Louis (81) and Rudi Johnson of Cincinnati (79) have a higher percent of their team's runs from scrimmage.

"Willie's a guy, if you get that one play that's blocked perfectly, he's got a chance to take it farther than bigger backs," Cowher said. "At the same time, there's a lot to be said for bigger backs. That's why it's kind of nice to have that complementary guy like Najeh who can maybe move a pile when there's 10 guys in there and those seams are not going to be quite as big and you're going to have to use your weight to move that pile forward and make a 3-yard run a 5-yard run and make a 1-yard run a 3-yard run.

"All of sudden you're down to third-and-1, not third-and-5. They're different styles, but I don't think that there's any one you want to pick. It's nice to have both."

It might even be nicer if they used both.

The Steelers' top ball carriers for the past 10 years (since Jerome Bettis joined the team).
Year|Player|Carries|Team Carries|Percent of Total carries
2006|Parker|210|280|75.0
2005|Parker|255|549|46.4
2004|Bettis|250|618|40.5
2003|Bettis|246|446|55.2
2002|Zereoue|193|512|37.7
2001|Bettis|225|580|38.8
2000|Bettis|355|527|67.4
1999|Bettis|299|495|60.4
1998|Bettis|316|490|64.5
1997|Bettis|375|572|65.6
1996|Bettis|320|525|61.0

This article pretty much sums up everything!

Koopa
12-01-2006, 11:41 AM
i don't get the whole, our defense ain't built to play that way.......wtf???? they don't play offense so what does it matter???

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Steel - I can see where you are going with the stats but those are misleading in a way. Too many times our offense is in third and long because we don't get those 4-5 yd carries from Willie. The guy has over 200 of his yards on like 3 carries this year. You could put Barry Sanders back there and I wouldn't want him on the team as the main back. It's just the style.
We won last year because we started throwing to open up the running game. We couldn't get going running the ball so that was the next best thing and it worked then. Maybe without all the injuries to Ben this year things would be different, who knows.
Pounding the ball does more than just get you into third and short situations more often. It gives the whole team an attitude.
I do agree they should use Willie better than what they have this year.

Koopa - we play a zone blitz scheme on D. The less plays your defense is out on the field for gives you a far better chance to be good. You can only blitz so many ways to get pressure. If we don't get pressure our secondary is in a zone and usually gets eaten alive. If we are going to a passing type of offense (quick scores) we need to maybe go back to a 4-3 to get more consistant pressure on the QB from 4 DL.

AZ - Some insteresting statistics there.

"Willie's a guy, if you get that one play that's blocked perfectly, he's got a chance to take it farther than bigger backs," Cowher said. "At the same time, there's a lot to be said for bigger backs. That's why it's kind of nice to have that complementary guy like Najeh who can maybe move a pile when there's 10 guys in there and those seams are not going to be quite as big and you're going to have to use your weight to move that pile forward and make a 3-yard run a 5-yard run and make a 1-yard run a 3-yard run.

"All of sudden you're down to third-and-1, not third-and-5. They're different styles, but I don't think that there's any one you want to pick. It's nice to have both."

It might even be nicer if they used both.

That says it all to me.

SteelersWoman
12-01-2006, 03:42 PM
...I would like to see Willie as the 3rd down back and to bring him in later in games. Let the D try and chase him down when he is fresh and they are tired!....lol

Exactly how I feel SF--when the D is tired, what better time (or chance) for Willie to break off a fast one?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2006, 06:05 PM
The chargers have a compliment to LT, we have a compliment to Willie. In this league you can't survive on just 1 feature back to carry the load. I like Willie as the starter, but as I mentioned many times before, it doesnt matter who is back there, if the offensive line isnt taking control of the line of scrimmage it doesnt matter cuz nobody is going to run.

When the OL is firing on all cylinders I like Willie back there, I also like having Najeh as well. We've yet to see him really have a break out game because we never use him enough because we're always playing catchup !

Steelersfan
12-03-2006, 08:52 PM
OK, so you can all hate me but I am so sick of seeing Willie get tackled with one arm or getting knocked 2-3 yds backwards or just plain getting owned!
I just can't see us winning a lot of games with him carrying this load. Once again don't get me wrong. I want him on our team but I'd like to see him used better and in better situations. Davenport is not the answer. He is a decent back but not what we need.
Couple of examples, we have a very good run D. But the past two games the RB's have been pushing our guys backwards. That includes Williams today who is not a huge back like Lewis. Our backs need to do that and it doesn't happen. Either that get hit and go down or get hit and knocked backwards. That doesn't sit well with me. We can blame the line all we want but when there are holes there and we don't break any tackles it doesn't matter.
Maybe I'm having "Bus" withdrawals but I don't like our running game one bit. There way too soft!
And where the hell is Staley!.....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey I don't hate you at all. I agree Willie sucked *** today. Man I have to confess I just love the Willie Parker story so much that I defend him way to much. I just love seeing undrafted players have success and do well. So thats why I'm always in strong defense of Willie Parker.

I still think he could be a starting RB in the NFL. But you're right to many times lately Willie has gotten tackled way to easy.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I miss Jerome too, we're all going through Bus withdrawl that's for sure. I just think we cant blame Willie quite as much as maybe we'd like because the OL hasnt done **** this year. Without an OL your QB gets killed, the WR's dont have time to get open, and the running game is sporatic at best and that's exactly what this year has been.

Steelersfan
12-03-2006, 09:09 PM
The whole team has been sporadic. I'm not blaming Willie for anything. He is playing hard and doing what he can. But I saw some holes today that he couldn't do anything with. If he had broken one tackle or made one guy miss he was off to the races. It's just the style that doesn't work for me. At least nor for carrying the majority of the load. It's like we all sit here and keep hoping he breaks one. But that doesn't happen that often in the NFL.
Willie will get his yards, I will give him that. But it puts way too much pressure on our passing game with all the third and longs and not having the same attitude about running the ball we use to.
OK, well I'm just bitching out loud so on with the thread....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Trust me I hear ya and I agree with alot of your points; and Willie definately didn't run as hard as he should have. One week the guy is breaking tackles and running up the gut of the line and then the next he can't do anything but run up and fall down.

I like him as our guy but he's the type of RB that has to have an OL firing on all cylinders to be effective and this year that definately isn't the case.

Steelersfan
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Well if our o-line was firing on all cylinders any back could do well...lol
BC always talked about the team having an identity. Well this team doesn't have one. They need to either find a back to go back to what we have done for the last 15 years or change the whole team over to be more like the Colts.
Right now we are trying to play like we have Bettis back there still and it doesn't work well.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I agree, we've lost our identity. Hell I think we lost it by the end of September. The problem is Willie has a fat new contract because the team believes in him so he's here to stay as the starter but we need to either get Najeh more involved or draft some other big back and get them more involved. Willie is carrying 70% of the running plays for us, and for a team that professes to be a running team all the time he outta have more yards. I know he's closing in on 1000 yds but we need more hard fought tough yards from our RB...not saying that Willie can't do it because he's had some really good games this year but it's all about consistency and this year he's far from it.

Steelersfan
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
To be honest Willie has never really been "consistant". That is just not the type of back he is. I'm not sold on Davenport being the answer either. I would of liked to have seen him more involved by now though so we would have a better read on him. I say we draft the best RB available and work him in with Willie. Willie's contract really isn't that bad for us if we can get someone to help him out.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
To be honest Willie has never really been "consistant". That is just not the type of back he is. I'm not sold on Davenport being the answer either. I would of liked to have seen him more involved by now though so we would have a better read on him. I say we draft the best RB available and work him in with Willie. Willie's contract really isn't that bad for us if we can get someone to help him out.

Hey Dan, Leonard one of the RB's from Rutgers would be perfect for the Steelers. Plus he can play FB and can actually block. I still say resign Dookie for depth and draft Leonard from Rutgers.

Prosdo
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM

I agree with you Dan. I like Willie Parker, but I like him better with a good power back in the mix. I think if you get that 1-2 punch in there our running game does much better.

Friday133
12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
i'd like to see a trade with the redskins for t.j. duckett. he could be had for a 3rd rounder i bet. plus you know what your getting in him. hell we should have pulled the trigger during the draft this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I want TJ to come here back when he was still available, but I dont think the skins will part with him since Portis is so fragile. I'd definately like to see him come be a part of the black n gold though.