PDA

View Full Version : My ten picks...

Zachintosh66
03-29-2010, 01:20 PM
My half hearted effort. Im just trying to get familar with the late round placements. Throw me some C+C but be nice... :lol:

18. Earl Thomas, Tex, S (Iupati)
52. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, IofP, CB (Brandon Spikes)
82. Matt Tennant, BC, C/G (Cam Thomas)
116. Linval Joseph, ECU, NT(Kurt Coleman)
151. Brandon Sharpe, TT, OLB (LaGarrette Blount)
164. Mike Neal, Pur, DE (Ed Wang)
166. Nolan Carroll, Maryland, CB (Zane Beadles)
188. Joique Bell, Wayne, RB (Andrew Quarless)
225. Andrew Tyshovnytsky, Ford, OT (Al McClellan)
242. Freddie Barnes, BGSU, WR (Ben Burney)

Big T
03-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Not bad....hell if we get Earl Thomas in the 1st, I would pretty much consider the draft a success...definitely like the first, good second, not a fan of Tennant, I like Joique Bell late and I definitely like Freddy Barnes in the 7th...

coldrolled
03-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Not bad....hell if we get Earl Thomas in the 1st, I would pretty much consider the draft a success...definitely like the first, good second, not a fan of Tennant, I like Joique Bell late and I definitely like Freddy Barnes in the 7th...

replace tennant with Eric Olsen, Clausen's Center.

Big T
03-29-2010, 02:57 PM
replace tennant with Eric Olsen, Clausen's Center.

There you go again haha....and once again, I wouldn't touch Eric Olsen before the 5th

Zachintosh66
03-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Actually i couldnt decide between the 2 :lol:

JollyRob68
03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
is that too early for Akwasi in the second isnt he more a 4th -5th rounder? But I like him late. Tennant over Olsen and not in the second.

coach
03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
NFL network was reporting how much Steelers liked Pouncey and Graham. I know guys are moving up and down draft boards, but if Thomas is at 18, do they take either of these two guys or do they trade down and try to land one of them and forego Thomas? Are these two guys in that territory (number 18)? I like Thomas at 18 or either of the other two if we move down.

I have enough problems picking the top few rounds because if you trade down and pick up a center, for example, you are probably looking for something else in the second or third.

Big T
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
is that too early for Akwasi in the second isnt he more a 4th -5th rounder? But I like him late. Tennant over Olsen and not in the second.

no it wouldnt be too early for Akwasi Owusu-Ansah...hes kind of a sleeper but hes been rising and i think hes going to be a really good pro...

--- Added 3/29/2010 at 08:00 PM ---

NFL network was reporting how much Steelers liked Pouncey and Graham. I know guys are moving up and down draft boards, but if Thomas is at 18, do they take either of these two guys or do they trade down and try to land one of them and forego Thomas? Are these two guys in that territory (number 18)? I like Thomas at 18 or either of the other two if we move down.

I have enough problems picking the top few rounds because if you trade down and pick up a center, for example, you are probably looking for something else in the second or third.

I really like both and would be all for taking them at 18...it obivously depends on who else is there but I really do like them both...

Brandon Graham is a complete monster who has been called a "LaMarr Woodley Clone"...He would look good as hell in Peezy's old number...

Maurkice Pouncey is a stud...he's the best center prospect ive seen a few years...he's a monster and could immediately contribute and make the line better...

JollyRob68
03-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah did look good and the say he's a returner also.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Brandom Graham isn't a name much talked about at 18 but I would be happy with Graham at 18....You can never have enough legit pass rushers.......Earl Thomas, Graham, or Pouncey at 18.....I just want the Steelers to have a dominating center again....From the mid 60's until 2006 there was just four men that manned the center position for the Steelers.....Mansfield, Webster, Dawson and Hartings.......Two clowns in Mahan and Hartwig have manned it since Hartings retired.....Look at the constant pressure from the interior Ben faces most games....Pouncey would cure that.....

JensK
03-29-2010, 11:20 PM
The more i think about it, the more i like Pouncey at 18. That being said, we really do need to address our secondary at some point,and Kyle Wilson is growing on me after a pretty darn good pro day. Imo we have a few options at 18, without having to trade (in order of which i would like them, if available... probably):

Rolando McClain - stud who would totally own the world next to Timmons.

Earl Thomas - i believe he can play cb, and switch to safety when Clark is done.

Pouncey - RG two years and start center rest of his career. Nothing not to like really

Kyle Wilson - As i said, he is growing on me. He could actually be better than Haden, at least for Steelers.

Graham - He is a Woodley clone, but i am having concerns that he never played a down without a hand on the ground.

I will be flat out angry with Iupati at this point. Pouncey is going to be a better player than him, and he can play both g and c.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2010, 11:29 PM
The more i think about it, the more i like Pouncey at 18. That being said, we really do need to address our secondary at some point,and Kyle Wilson is growing on me after a pretty darn good pro day. Imo we have a few options at 18, without having to trade (in order of which i would like them, if available... probably):

Rolando McClain - stud who would totally own the world next to Timmons.

Earl Thomas - i believe he can play cb, and switch to safety when Clark is done.

Pouncey - RG two years and start center rest of his career. Nothing not to like really

Kyle Wilson - As i said, he is growing on me. He could actually be better than Haden, at least for Steelers.

Graham - He is a Woodley clone, but i am having concerns that he never played a down without a hand on the ground.

I will be flat out angry with Iupati at this point. Pouncey is going to be a better player than him, and he can play both g and c.

I like the list of players you have at 18 bro....Yea Wilson over Haden for me all the way......

The thing about Iupati is if the Steelers still were the power running team they were in the Cowher years then Iupati would be a perfect fit....

I think Pouncey is the best center to come out in years and could play RG early on with Hartwig still on the roster......I also would like to see the Steelers have a dominating center again and to strengthen the interior pass protection......I think Pouncey would help greatly with blitzes and stunts.....

Wilson or Thomas would be a huge upgrade for a secondary period......

When you run the 3-4 defense you need stud LB and that is why McClain or Graham would make sense.....

I still would consider C.J. Spiller at 18 if he was best available....

JensK
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah, i would probably be fine with C.J too if he is there, but he is kinda in my group of players who i dont see falling out of top 10. I do, however, think that Spiller is an everydown back, and thats not what we need. We need a Felix Jones kind of RB to compliment Mendenhall, and i we could get that in the later rounds. That being said, should he slip i would not mind him i guess.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, i would probably be fine with C.J too if he is there, but he is kinda in my group of players who i dont see falling out of top 10. I do, however, think that Spiller is an everydown back, and thats not what we need. We need a Felix Jones kind of RB to compliment Mendenhall, and i we could get that in the later rounds. That being said, should he slip i would not mind him i guess.

I don't think Spiller will be there anyway.....I think the 49ers will grab him to compliment Frank Gore......

Really if McClain, Thomas, Wilson, Graham, Pouncey are all there at 18 it will be interesting to see which way the Steelers will go.......I couldn't argue against any of those five players.....

Big T
03-30-2010, 12:54 AM
I still love CJ Spiller....it's a good thing and a bad thing that I like a ton of players that could potentially be at 18...it's just bad because no matter who we pick, I'm gonna be a tad bit disappointed...Even if we picked Earl Thomas or McClain, I would still have a little bit of that sense of disappointment just because of how much CJ Spiller and others have grown on me...Spiller has been one of my favorite players for the last couple years now...I would definitely like him at 18

JensK
03-30-2010, 01:27 AM
I love Spiller too, but the more i think about it, the more i really think that i would pass on him, simply because we have bigger needs than another RB atm. There are so many places that needs to be addressed, and as i said earlier, we really need an every down back, just a Felix Jones type of player who can come in every now and then and do bad things against the defense. Mendenhall can easily wear out a defense, because despite of what many thinks, he runs pretty damn hard and he is hard to tackle because hes got some sexy moves!

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 04:58 AM
I would love Earl Thomas if not then Kyle Wilson and if not that then Brandon Graham.

I would trade five picks just to get Thomas :cope:

His name sounds steelerish

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
The thing about Iupati is if the Steelers still were the power running team they were in the Cowher years then Iupati would be a perfect fit....

I think Pouncey is the best center to come out in years and could play RG early on with Hartwig still on the roster......

so i watched the Steelers v Browns 2002 AFC playoff last night.

BA was the Browns OC.. they are winning 24-7

does this sound familiar....

BA keeps passing.... INT , 3 and outs in less than a minute. The Browns defense keeps staying on the field.

The Steelers offense, with "maddox" are chomping back......

Browns defense is tired. we score 29 points. they score 9 in the last half.

BA finally starts running to save the clock when the score is 33-27 browns. we stuff them of course.

Browns have approx... over 500 yards offense. with 50 yards rushing the entire game.

So, a power running game like the Cowher years.. really.. you should say a power running game like before the BA OC years.

:yellowthumb:

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
so i watched the Steelers v Browns 2002 AFC playoff last night.

BA was the Browns OC.. they are winning 24-7

does this sound familiar....

BA keeps passing.... INT , 3 and outs in less than a minute. The Browns defense keeps staying on the field.

The Steelers offense, with "maddox" are chomping back......

Browns defense is tired. we score 29 points. they score 9 in the last half.

BA finally starts running to save the clock when the score is 33-27 browns. we stuff them of course.

Browns have approx... over 500 yards offense. with 50 yards rushing the entire game.

So, a power running game like the Cowher years.. really.. you should say a power running game like before the BA OC years.

:yellowthumb:

u cant run like that in todays league unless your some freak like chris johnson who we passed up.... the jets had to do it with 3 different backs last year.

the league is now passing

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
u cant run like that in todays league unless your some freak like chris johnson who we passed up.... the jets had to do it with 3 different backs last year.

the league is now passing

We passed the crap out of the AFC North....... we were 9-7...

and if this is true. we better just trade up for Eric Berry or get Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays. we will need them more than anyone in a passing NFL....

K Train
03-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Thrilled at 18:

Earl Thomas
Joe Haden
Rolando Mcclain
Bryan Bulaga
Anthony Davis

Excited at 18:
Maurkice Pouncey
CJ Spiller
Trent Willaims
Brandon Graham

Ok at 18:
Spoon
Kyle Wilson
Terrence Cody

Disappointed at 18:
Jared Odrick
Mike Iupati
Dan Williams

Kill myself at 18:
Taylor Mays

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 12:57 PM
I made my own list. Im slowly liking Pouncey a little bit more but i still think we should go DB in the first rounds

Ejaculating at 18:
Earl Thomas

Suprised at 18:
Eric Berry

Excited at 18:
Kyle Wilson
Rolando McClain
Brandon Graham

Ok at 18:
Maurkice Pouncey
Patrick Robinson

Dissapointed at 18:
Mike Iupati
Jared Odrick
Carlos Dunlap
Joe Haden
C.J. Spiller
Trent Williams

Thinking What the **** at 18:
Sean Weatherspoon

I want to commit Suicide at 18:
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Taylor Mays
Anthony Davis

JensK
03-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Anthony Davis would make me one happy person! As would Haden and kinda Weatherspoon although i would rather have Graham than Weatherspoon..

K Train
03-30-2010, 01:09 PM
anthony davis would be the best thing to happen to our oline in years.

Zachintosh66
03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Fine then... heres mine

Excited at 18:
EARL THOMAS
Kyle Wilson
Bryan Buluga

Ok at 18:
Maurkice Pouncey
Mike Iupati
Patrick Robinson
Joe Haden
Bruce Campbell
Dan Williams
McClain
Trent Williams
Cody

Dissapointed at 18:
Brandon Graham
Jared Odrick
Carlos Dunlap
C.J. Spiller
Brandon Spikes

Suicidal at 18:
Tim Tebow
Taylor Mays
Anthony Davis
Sean Weatherspoon
Parrish Cox

--- Added 3/30/2010 at 12:11 PM ---

Ive read multiple times about Davis's work ethic is suspect...

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Lol K Train started a chain of lists lol

K Train
03-30-2010, 02:19 PM
even if davis isnt a great LT one day, he'll be a hell of a RT or a leonard davis-like guard...id take a chance on him at 18, ohers work ethic and laziness and dumbness was a concern as well...sometimes you gotta take a chance, and not an evander hood like chance

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Excited at 18:
Kyle Wilson
Bryan Buluga
Devin McCourty
Earl Thomas

Super Athletic and Crazy to watch develop action Players at 18:
Sean Weatherspoon
C. J. Spiller
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
Brandon Graham

Ok at 18:
Maurkice Pouncey
Joe Haden
Dan Williams
Trent Williams

Dissapointed at 18:
Jared Odrick
Carlos Dunlap
Brandon Spikes

Suicidal at 18:
Tim Tebow
Parrish Cox

Big T
03-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Excited at 18:
Kyle Wilson
Bryan Buluga
Devin McCourty
Earl Thomas

Super Athletic and Crazy to watch develop action Players at 18:
Sean Weatherspoon
C. J. Spiller
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
Brandon Graham

Ok at 18:
Maurkice Pouncey
Joe Haden
Dan Williams
Trent Williams

Dissapointed at 18:
Jared Odrick
Carlos Dunlap
Brandon Spikes

Suicidal at 18:
Tim Tebow
Parrish Cox

McCourty at 18? no thanks...and i would strongly consider suicide if Taylor mays or Bruce Campbell were the pick...

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 03:11 PM
McCourty at 18? no thanks...and i would strongly consider suicide if Taylor mays or Bruce Campbell were the pick...

Could be suicidal... but they are all going in the first round.

we will see in a year, which ones are kicking some a....

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Could be suicidal... but they are all going in the first round.

we will see in a year, which ones are kicking some a....

And that won't be Taylor Mays lol he is the next Sweed

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
And that won't be Taylor Mays lol he is the next Sweed

Mays may be someones next ILB

6-3 230 4.30 ouch......

K Train
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
mays can be an OLB in a system that puts him on the weak side and keeps him untouched....otherwise he will just fail

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
mays can be an OLB in a system that puts him on the weak side and keeps him untouched....otherwise he will just fail

right, thats if he fails at safety. at 230 his hits will loose a lot of balls and a few helmuts... i hope he signs with an nfc team and not the bengals.

his last year didnt look so good... with maualuga starting in cinci games, and matthews starting in green bay. he lost his whole core in front of him.

kinda like farrior and taylor looking a little wimpy after troy went down.

you loose the support.

mays was a #1 when he was on the field with those two LB's

i think he will succeed. hopefully in the NFC

K Train
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM
he played on ELITE defenses, and hes a physical specimen no doubt about it....but he was able to sit back 20 yards and lay the crush, everytime he did something else he looked dumb and got torched by inferior talents. ****** instincts and ball skills arent good for a safety. he played on defenses where clay matthews, everson griffen, brian cushing, rey maualuga, lawrence jackson, sedrick ellis, all first and second round picks made mays job too easy.

being a project on a USC elite defense as a 4 year starter is a huge red flag

Big T
03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
especially now with all of the new rules and how the NFL has become such a passing league....these big, hard-hitting safeties are going to be used less and less...teams want the guys will ball-hawking ability and coverage skills...two things Taylor Mays does not have....

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 05:24 PM
especially now with all of the new rules and how the NFL has become such a passing league....these big, hard-hitting safeties are going to be used less and less...teams want the guys will ball-hawking ability and coverage skills...two things Taylor Mays does not have....

just the thought of your comment is a sad thing... we will end up an arial arena football league on open fake grass.

steel dawg says screw the run game its old hat, safties cant hit hard to stop the pass. O lineman never hold harrison or woodley on a pass rush, we cant stop the elite QB's from throwing with no holding calls.. its and arial free for all.

maybe we only need one guy on the line that counts to 10 and everyone else covers the receivers....:grin1: i remember playing those games in the yard...

ouch... sounds like a boring game coming up...:thinking:

i bet some genius figures out how to bring back a new defensive game and crushes these arial carnival teams. :grin1:

i think the saints ran 40 yards in the super bowl... colts had like 99.... it is coming.