PDA

View Full Version : Woman Says Santonio Holmes Assaulted Her

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 09:19 AM
ORLANDO (CN) - Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes threw a glass of booze in a woman's face - including the glass - cutting her near the eye, after which the nightclub kicked her out and Orlando Police refused to write a police report, the woman says. She says Holmes was drunk and attacked her because he wanted her place on a couch.
Anshonoe Mills sued Holmes and the J.J. Whispers Group in Orange County Court. She say Holmes attacked her on March 7 at the Rain Night Club in Orlando.
After club security took her outside, bleeding from the face, she says she "asked a police officer to reprimand the defendant for his actions."
The complaint continues: "When confronted with the possibility of incarceration, defendant asked to speak with the plaintiff. He proceeded to inform the plaintiff that he was an NFL football player and that he could not face criminal charges. Subsequently, defendant offered to give the plaintiff money because he was an NFL star and could not get into trouble. Plaintiff felt pressure from the defendant and the Orlando Police Department not to press charges. Plaintiff, feeling pressured, made a short victim statement incoherently stating that she was hit in the face and bleeding near her eyes, however, intended not to press charges. The Orlando Police Department failed to write a police report."
She seeks damages for assault and battery and emotional distress. She is represented by Jacques Cooper

More nightclub problems for the Pittsburgh Steelers -- this time one of their best wide receivers is accused of attacking a woman with a glass -- and slicing her face open.
The man at the center of the drama is Santonio Holmes -- former Super Bowl MVP.
According to a new lawsuit filed last week in Florida, Holmes got into a verbal spat with a woman at Rain Nightclub in Orlando on March 7 over a spot on a couch in the VIP section.
According to the docs, the woman says Holmes began going crazy when she refused to move -- so he fired his glass full of liquor at her face ... causing a "laceration" very close to her eye.
Here's where it gets even crazier -- the woman claims she flagged down cops from the Orlando PD -- but they, along with Santonio, "pressured" her not to press charges.
The woman claims Santonio even offered her money because "he was an NFL star and could not get into trouble."
A rep for the Steelers tells us, "We are aware of the situation, and we are still gathering information."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/29/another-steelers-star-accused-of-nightclub-attack/#ixzz0jZmSHvgP
I don't know how much you can buy into this but it's not something this Organization needs right now. :duh:

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Cool!

cmerrifield
03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Did I switch loyalties somehow and become a Bengals fan?

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Did I switch loyalties somehow and become a Bengals fan?

Sure seems that way as a late! WTF goofballs!

PsychoWard
03-29-2010, 11:32 AM
When the **** did we become the benglas!!! come on guys are you kidding me!

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 11:41 AM
When the **** did we become the benglas!!! come on guys are you kidding me!

You're right! They went to the PO's last year beating ****** *** teams that we lost to. Now they have 0 players in the media for wrong doings and we now have 2.

Not to far from the truth if you ask me!

SteelCityKid5
03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Well this is getting old.

75Steeler
03-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Time to get out of the bar room and into the weight room boys!

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 12:15 PM
"That's how you be great"

I agree 100%, less time in the bar and more in the weight room!!

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Isn't it some **** how this happened just 2 days after the story broke with Ben? :wtf: goes on in the minds of these :moon:

TampaSteelGirl
03-29-2010, 12:47 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!! :banging:

Zachintosh66
03-29-2010, 12:51 PM
:evilshake: :duh: this sh!t is starting to **** me off

coldrolled
03-29-2010, 01:15 PM
:evilshake: :duh: this sh!t is starting to **** me off

The bengals are starting to look like the angels of the AFC.

Maybe we need to pick up Pacman at CB. Earl Thomas will fit in good now too.

steelersbabex25
03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Isn't it some **** how this happened just 2 days after the story broke with Ben? :wtf: goes on in the minds of these :moon:

..."I'm an NFL player I can do whatever I want and not face any consequences for my actions." And, let's face it, Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger are not exactly the classiest out there.

ejsteeler
03-29-2010, 01:22 PM
:wtf: I always wondered what it would be like to be a bungals fan........didn't think I'd ever be this close to actually knowing what it felt like.......:banging:

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Do you guys remember these happenings and recurrences under coach Bill Cowher? I certainly don't.

Coach Tomlin needs to get his players under control. They really have no sense of it, even on the field. It's no surprise many of them like this guy more than Bill.

75Steeler
03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Don't trade in your black-n-gold for the orange and black just yet. We do have some players on the team that we can wear their jerseys with pride. Polamalu, Miller, Ward, Woodley, Smith....and a few others. All is not lost but I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the team gets together for OTAs or a team meeting. Mr. Rooney needs to chew some ***!

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Fire Tomlin. This is the real solution.

In the 3 years as head coach, we've had guido Reed arrested and charged with being drunk in public and for fighting a paper towel dispenser, Ben in a civil suit against an ugly *** woman for sexual assault, Ben yet again accused of sexual assault with a 20 year old, and now another civil suit against Santonio for assault.

Somebody needs to step up and become the real coach of this team.

TampaSteelGirl
03-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Fire Tomlin. This is the real solution.

In the 3 years as head coach, we've had guido Reed arrested and charged with being drunk in public and for fighting a paper towel dispenser, Ben in a civil suit against an ugly *** woman for sexual assault, Ben yet again accused of sexual assault with a 20 year old, and now another civil suit against Santonio for assault.

Somebody needs to step up and become the real coach of this team.

Cause Tomlin gets paid to be a babysitter????? These are grown men honey....they know right from wrong...stop blaming Tomlin. :rolleyes:

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Tomlin failed to "unleash" hell in December/ Jan. I doubt he'll unleash hell in March/ April!

steelersbabex25
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Cause Tomlin gets paid to be a babysitter????? These are grown men honey....they know right from wrong...stop blaming Tomlin. :rolleyes:

:plus1:. Tomlin's job is to coach on the field, not off it. He can't tell any of his players what to do or where to go, and even if he did, do you really think they would listen? No. Cowher's time was different. When he was a coach he had the luxery of having players that didn't get themselves into these messes. Now Tomlin does have players that don't care about that distinction of right from wrong, and it's not his job to teach them.

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 03:04 PM

Again, you didn't see this happening with Cowher. TEN incidents in the last 3 years under Tomlin. Bill disciplined his players well. This is coming from a guy who criticized his Billy ball playcalling. Tomlin is really doing nothing positive for this team imho.

And please don't point out the fact he won a SB in his 2nd year coaching. That was Dick's SB. No defense will ever play like that against the hardest schedule in the league for the entire season ever again.

cmerrifield
03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Keep in mind that it was Cowher who drafted Ben, signed Reed and drafted Holmes, so Bill Cowher isnt innocent in all of these problems. I think its time for the Rooney's and coach Tomlin to have a come to Jesus meeting with the players. Also, many people, not me, were mad when the Steelers passed up certain players in the draft and went after "high character" guys, and yet, these are exactly the reasons why. Now, we have two of our best offensive players not at workouts when our team didnt even make the playoffs last year.

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Keep in mind that it was Cowher who drafted Ben, signed Reed and drafted Holmes, so Bill Cowher isnt innocent in all of these problems. I think its time for the Rooney's and coach Tomlin to have a come to Jesus meeting with the players. Also, many people, not me, were mad when the Steelers passed up certain players in the draft and went after "high character" guys, and yet, these are exactly the reasons why. Now, we have two of our best offensive players not at workouts when our team didnt even make the playoffs last year.Ya, maybe someone needs to get o'l man Rooney back here from Ireland to but his foot in someones ***. You didn't here about this **** when Danny boy was around! :2cents:

Big T
03-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Starting with this fire Tomlin **** again? This is ridiculous...these players are grown *** men...It is not one of Tomlin's responsibilities to babysit the players in the offseason...like cmerrifield said, you can keep blaming Tomlin for this but keep in mind that these are all Cowher's guys....

As far as I'm concerned, there has been no arrest and no criminal charges....all we have at this moment is, again, he said/she said with a civil suit which only means the girl is after money...now, I'm not saying it didn't happen or that she's just trying to make a quick buck...plus, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? That's unless you are in the public eye, then you are guilty no matter how it turns out...

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
These are all Cowher's guys who for some reason started to get their party on the year Cowher left! Woooooooooo.

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Distraction queen Ben, and now "that's how you be great" Holmes in the mix. It's the distraction factor that pisses me off! At least if they were charged there would be no drug out investigation!!

Holmes is the icing on the cake!! And who knows may not be that last of the offseason!

I could see Starks getting in on the mix, maybe molesting a goat or something along that line!

steelersbabex25
03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
These are all Cowher's guys who for some reason started to get their party on the year Cowher left! Woooooooooo.

These aren't 14 year old boys who have a substitute teacher for a day and act bad in class. These are men who get paid millions of dollars a year to play football..they're gonna do WHATEVER THEY WANT in the offseason. It doesn't matter who the coach is.

cmerrifield
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM

In 2006 Essex was arrested, in 2002 Marvel Smith was arrested, in 2001 and 2002 Plax was arrested, in 1999 Zereoue was arrested, in 1996 Bam Morris was arrested.

That was just a 5 minute search of the internet. So perhaps, just perhaps, Cowher did not completely control the team the way you think he did.

ejsteeler
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Don't trade in your black-n-gold for the orange and black just yet.......

Oh, that will never happen, no matter what. Couldn't call myself a fan otherwise. :yellowthumb:

Not on board for firing Tomlin, but this is definitely something he needs to get a handle on. He may not be a babysitter by definition, but make no mistake, this looks bad on him in his bosses eyes.

And like Clark said, "what are we being distracted from, weight lifting? We aren't playing games yet."......He has a point. However, it's the Steeler rep that is taking the punches.

Big T
03-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Again, you didn't see this happening with Cowher. TEN incidents in the last 3 years under Tomlin. Bill disciplined his players well. This is coming from a guy who criticized his Billy ball playcalling. Tomlin is really doing nothing positive for this team imho.

And please don't point out the fact he won a SB in his 2nd year coaching. That was Dick's SB. No defense will ever play like that against the hardest schedule in the league for the entire season ever again.

And I'm pretty sure the defense almost lost that superbowl....no matter how much you hate Tomlin, he is the coach and will be for many years...so maybe you can do us all a favor and stop bitching about him and calling for his head because honestly, it's just annoying as f*ck....

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah they're grown men. They can do whatever they want! Tomlin doesn't need to say a thing to these guys. Let them sexually assault and beat women. It's a free world! :banana:

--- Added 3/29/2010 at 01:56 PM ---

I wish I was the coach of the Steelers. The job description looks pretty simple these days. Let Dick run your defense, Airhead Arians run your offense, and just show up on Tuesdays talking about next week's opponent and how their kick returner is dangerous.

ejsteeler
03-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Innocent until proven guilty. Of course, they have already been proven guilty of needing some discipline.......:yesnod:

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
A shoe in the nuts is in order...What a freaking year!!

cmerrifield
03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Let's be honest here, Holmes is innocent, the police wouldnt even file a report. So this is just someone trying to get some money.

ejsteeler
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
True but, all this reminds me of an old saying...."Where there is smoke, there is fire." Something is wrong with the mentality of these folks and it is up to the Coaches, and players, to get them in line.

Big T
03-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah they're grown men. They can do whatever they want! Tomlin doesn't need to say a thing to these guys. Let them sexually assault and beat women. It's a free world! :banana:

--- Added 3/29/2010 at 01:56 PM ---

I wish I was the coach of the Steelers. The job description looks pretty simple these days. Let Dick run your defense, Airhead Arians run your offense, and just show up on Tuesdays talking about next week's opponent and how their kick returner is dangerous.

No matter what Tomlin says to them, they are going to do what they want...stop bitching

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink033.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)Reguardless how you spin this, Holmes was wrong and he admited his wrong doing by trying to buy the woman off. :duh: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2714/2341362063358.gif (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/2341362063358.gif/)

Like Ben, you never should have done something so F*ck'n stupid in the first place!

Now that I think about it, this wasn't the 1st time he was in trouble for hitting a woman!

COLUMBUS, Ohio (KDKA) ―
Jul 7, 2006 6:25 pm US/Eastern
Santonio Holmes Will Stand Trial On Abuse Charges

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie Santonio Holmes will stand trail on domestic violence charges even though his girlfriend is refusing to cooperate with prosecutors.

Holmes was in court today in Columbus, Ohio.
A judge ordered Holmes to stand trial next month on assault and domestic violence charges.
Last month Holmes' girlfriend, Lashae Boone, told police Holmes choked her, threw her on the ground and slammed her into a door.

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink033.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)Reguardless how you spin this, Holmes was wrong and he admited his wrong doing by trying to buy the woman off. :duh: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2714/2341362063358.gif (http://img185.imageshack.us/i/2341362063358.gif/)

Like Ben, you never should have done something so F*ck'n stupid in the first place!

Yes sir! Ben and Holmes should be crowned with the dumbass award!

RIVERS OF STEEL
03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
face it. if it weren't for pro football and these clowns ability excel at the sport hoimes and beer bottle ben would be pulling up to your house in the local waste management(garbage in my day) truck. probably just got out of jail on early parole. my thought holds true for most nfl players. so you should really expect this, throw a bunch(millions of dollars) at them and now you have red neck millionaires with no clue as to what or how to live and behave inside this new environment. when is reed gonna punch out another towel dispenser? f now the steelers are sinking to levels not seen in my lifetime. of course, i probably just never noticed. so, i guess that's football sans 2010 and beyond.

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 05:39 PM
And I'm pretty sure the defense almost lost that superbowl....no matter how much you hate Tomlin, he is the coach and will be for many years...so maybe you can do us all a favor and stop bitching about him and calling for his head because honestly, it's just annoying as f*ck....

Yeah you probably said the same thing about Willie Parker. Looks like he's chillin' at home by the phone these days.

MattyVfromCT
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Starting with this fire Tomlin **** again? This is ridiculous...these players are grown *** men...It is not one of Tomlin's responsibilities to babysit the players in the offseason...like cmerrifield said, you can keep blaming Tomlin for this but keep in mind that these are all Cowher's guys....

As far as I'm concerned, there has been no arrest and no criminal charges....all we have at this moment is, again, he said/she said with a civil suit which only means the girl is after money...now, I'm not saying it didn't happen or that she's just trying to make a quick buck...plus, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? That's unless you are in the public eye, then you are guilty no matter how it turns out...

THANK YOU BIG T! AT LEAST THERE'S SOMEBODY OUT THERE OTHER THAN ME THAT BELIEVES IN THE IDEALS THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED ON. innocent until proven guilty. hasn't anybody learned from duke lacrosse?

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Mills is seeking more than $15,000 in damages from HolmesMan, if that's all it takes to get $15K, you can smack me with a glass......:D

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
That is why most of you shouldn't spit in the air since it might land on you...lol Most of you made fun of the Bengals with their string of arrests....lol Now the shoes on the other foot....lol

Really I don't care what these players do....They're paid to win football games not be model citizens or choir boys.....

Steel Trap86
03-29-2010, 06:21 PM
This is bullshit, anybody can make up a story after falling on there face. With everything that's happening with Big Ben, I highly doubt Holmes would smash his drink on this girl for something so ****ing small-time. This is another case of a money grubbing loser trying to pick some pockets. I don't buy into this

lloydfan4life
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Un-freakin-believable!

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Roethlisberger and Holmes are gonna make a killer qb/wr duo on the jailhouse yard. Think of how much experience they'll have on the other players.

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Roethlisberger and Holmes are gonna make a killer qb/wr duo on the jailhouse yard. Think of how much experience they'll have on the other players.
Well maybe they can catch up with Plax and make it a trio...:lol:

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Earlier today, a post that apparently refers to the suit appeared on Mr. Holmes' Twitter account. It reads: "Before anyone decides to state unknown fact, please do research 1st. In the end it makes you look like the fool!"
The suit was filed Wednesday in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. It accused Mr. Holmes of battery, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Ms. Mills said she was in the club's VIP area with three college friends and sat on the arm of a couch when Mr. Holmes told her to "get up," according to the suit.
She refused. Mr. Holmes yelled and waved his arms, the suit said. Ms. Mills grabbed Mr. Holmes' hand "in self-defense to prevent him from hitting her or touching her," the suit said.
Mr. Holmes yanked his hand away; the two argued, prompting other patrons to step between the two.
Then, the suit claims, Mr. Holmes threw his glass at Ms. Mills.
Also named as a defendant is J.J. Whispers Group Inc., which runs the nightclub, called Rain. The company is accused of negligence for failing to protect Ms. Mills.
In that section of the suit, Mr. Holmes is described as "intoxicated, quarrelsome and arrogant..."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10088/1046527-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0jblk1TMM

floodcitygirl
03-29-2010, 07:51 PM
These guys need to just stay out of such "establishments". They have too freakin much to lose. If you have to be in a club, rent out the place and throw a private party. This is ridiculous!

Troyisabeast_43
03-29-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm not going to sit here and totally blame Tomlin for what these guys do in the off-season but certainly at some point he needs to put his foot down and say to these guys enough is enough. Like Ive said before on here we will find out a lot about Mike Tomlin this coming season. We have seen him win a Super Bowl one year with two mid to late season meltdowns in between the Super Bowl Championship. If we see Tomlin's team yet again collapse or play bad down the stretch like we did in 07 or last season in 2010 then there might be some cause for concern. Im willing to give Tomlin more time but certainly this is an important year for him and the honeymoon period for him here in Pittsburgh is definitely over...

Stlrs4Life
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Let's be honest here, Holmes is innocent, the police wouldnt even file a report. So this is just someone trying to get some money. True, but for only this part throws it out:

The Police and Holmes pressured her into not pressing charges.

--- Added 3/29/2010 at 07:00 PM ---

Well maybe they can catch up with Plax and make it a trio...:lol:

"MEAN MACHINE! MEAN MACHINE!"

coach
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81734dbb&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Big T
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
old news and there's already a thread about it

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
old news and there's already a thread about itThanks T and thread will be moved.
Please check in future for thread before starting a second one. Thanks.

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
get this **** out of the war room

Captcoolhand
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
get this **** out of the war roomHow did it get in here? I thought it was in different forum.

steelersbabex25
03-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Okay, after reading some more into this, it definitely sounds more fishy than it probably looks at first glance. This is the first we're hearing about this almost a month after the fact? And apparently this women's lawyers had just graduated from law school between March 7th and now..I don't know. I'm pretty sure Holmes will get off scot free for whatever he did or didn't do. This whole thing sounds pretty off to me.

LatrobePA
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
She'll get paid....

Real Deal Steel
03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
I think it's time for Tomlin to call a mass meeting and lay down exactly what it means to wear the black and gold jersey and the type of conduct that is expected. And what has to happen at this point is that an example needs to be made of somebody. I think it's the only way we are going to get the attention of the players.

JensK
03-30-2010, 12:14 AM
She'll get paid....

I think so too... Its only 15k she is asking for... Pay her, get it out of the world and move on. Lawsuits like that will draw out forever, and Steelers aint got time for that...

LarryNJ
03-30-2010, 10:02 AM
His bar tab in the VIP room was at least 10K so you're right $15,000 is nothing. It's hard for me to believe that's all they are asking for. The lawery's cut wouldn't even pay for a semester of his school.

Zachintosh66
03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
WorldChampionBears2009 says:
March 30, 2010 2:22 PM
Difference between Holmes and Roethlisberger. Holmes knows how to please a woman.

When its good you both get off (pun intended). When its not its rape.

funny quote from PFT that i thought id share...

MichaelAngelo
03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
I think she is a gold digger:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Anshonae-Mills-4.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Anshonae-Mills-2.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Anshonae-Mills-3.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/anshonae-mills.jpg

Here is a link to an update on the story she sounds like golddigger

Santonio Holmes on Accuser: “Anshonae Mills Called Me a F*ckin N*gga” (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/03/santonio-holmes-on-accuser-anshonae-mills-called-me-a-fckin-ngga/)

LatrobePA
03-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Please for the love of GOD keep Ben away from her!!!

steelersbabex25
03-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Please for the love of GOD keep Ben away from her!!!

:rofl: :plus1: