PDA

View Full Version : Willie Reid

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers WR Willie Reid (foot) practiced Thursday, Nov. 30, and is questionable for the Week 13 game. He might be used on punt returns during the game.

Koopa
12-01-2006, 01:04 AM
bout damn time, and with hines not playing, maybe he can play a little on offense and see what he has, not like the team is going anywhere. so it won't hurt nothing

Koopa
12-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Still not ready

Punt returner Willie Reid, who has missed the past seven games with a midfoot sprain, is listed as questionable on the Steelers' injury report. It is unlikely he will play against the Buccaneers.

Reid has resumed light running but said he has not taken part in any team drills or special teams preparation.

"I ran on it a little bit last week, but nothing much this past week," said Reid, the team's third-round draft choice. "We're just making sure everything stays together. I've come a long way from where I was. I don't want to take any steps backward."

Reid was injured Oct. 8 in San Diego, the only game in which he appeared this season. He returned one punt for 11 yards and one kickoff for 19 yards before going out.

"It's a tough injury, but it happens," Reid said. "You just deal with it. I'm taking it as a positive. I'm getting a chance to see everything from a different perspective, see how everything works, learn the offense more. I'm trying to do as much as I can not being out there."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06335/742658-66.stm

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-01-2006, 01:10 AM
figures

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 01:15 AM
How the hell do you get a "sprain" that puts you out for a couple months?

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Just another event in a long strange season. Did we sell our souls for the fifth championship?

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Seems like someone did....lol

Steelerlyn
12-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Are you saying the Steelers are a one year wonder?

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-01-2006, 01:22 AM

No just thinking and reading swissvale's articles at the same time

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 01:31 AM

One year wonder is a little harsh Lyn....lol More like one year flop....:lol:

I don't think this season would be nearly as hard on all of us if we hadn't just won the super bowl.

Koopa
12-01-2006, 01:50 AM
i think that's why this season isn't as hard on me because we won the superbowl, i guess i'm satisfied too.....damn you bill cowher, your no passion, no heart, bastard self is rubbing off on me too lol

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2006, 01:57 AM
I think this injury was more than a sprain! The dude is young he should have recovered from a "sprain" 4 weeks ago!!! Somebody is hiding something IMO :dunno:

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2006, 01:59 AM
i think that's why this season isn't as hard on me because we won the superbowl, i guess i'm satisfied too.....damn you bill cowher, your no passion, no heart, bastard self is rubbing off on me too lol

I'm in the same boat as you koopa... This season isn't really bothering me because I got a bunch of cool stuff that says they won the freaking Super Bowl :cope: I think next year I'll be in the Steeler mood again :)

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 02:02 AM
You damn Bill Cowher fans!

I'm not happy until we have like a 5 super bowl lead over every other team!....lol
Especially those damn Cowboys!

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-01-2006, 02:05 AM
**** the cowboys. Cowher needs to go.

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2006, 02:07 AM
It would have been nice to win another SB this year and get out in front of the Cowboys and 49ers, but it's not going to happen! I have this inner piece right now to the point where I am content and this season is not bothering me like it normally would :)

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Shame on you AZ!......lol This season really ticks me off! To me the Super Bowl is history. Time to work on the other hand!....lol

AZ_Steeler
12-01-2006, 02:17 AM
I was all for another Super Bowl at the beginning of the year and I never lost faith until this last lost then I knew the season was done. Actually I really got annoyed at all the Super Bowl sigs and stuff at the beginning of the seasoon because it seemed like EVERYONE had one and was stuck on the big win!!! Next year will be differnet :)

Steelersfan
12-01-2006, 02:22 AM
I just want to see us playing Steelers football again. That's "smash mouth" football for those who have forgotten. This team is too soft. They have no will or heart and I really think that is because they are playing a style of football the aren't use to. Give me the damn attitude back!
The one drive the Ravens had (2nd TD) where they ran it down our throats. That is what Steelers football use to be all about. And tou can see now being on the other end how that effects a team.

Friday133
12-05-2006, 09:12 PM
the forum i mod at, people are speculating the reid injury is a Lis-Franc sprain, similar to what duce staley had a few years ago.

Koopa
12-05-2006, 09:19 PM
or maybe he has what tim duncan had that planter fasciitis that will f'k you up lol

Friday133
12-05-2006, 09:21 PM
if the injury is the same as what staley had, that really isn't good news. sigh, looks like yet another draft bust.

Koopa
12-05-2006, 09:22 PM
good thing it was only a 3rd pick, not to much hope in those guys

Friday133
12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
i beg to differ, 3rd round picks should still contribute to the team.

Koopa
12-05-2006, 09:34 PM
our 3rd round pick will contribute on thursday lol.....willie was just a throw in lol

plus we don't know what's wrong......so i'm not giving up on willie yet

K Train
12-05-2006, 09:34 PM
we cut most of our draft picks anyway...i still would like to see a spark in the return game. Najehs a beast at it and i think he should do it for the time being, i havent seen a full game in a while becaus eof freaking work and them not being televised lately......bastards

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
And to think this whole injury started with a so called "foot sprain" and he's been out all this long !! That boy better say in rehab and rest that foot from now till next august ! We need him back there returning punts.

House of Steel
12-05-2006, 10:00 PM
The SI and EA HEAD COACH GAME got this team cursed this year. I believe Cowher got cursed out the *** being the first head coach on a game cover and you know Porter, Polamalu were both on that cover of SI, we got our *** cursed. This whole season been full of curses.

Koopa
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
we won the championship when troy was on the cover.......what did it wait for a year??? and you can't just start making up curses on game covers......madden is the only ea sports game that is cursed........

maybe there's a better player in this years draft that is good at returning punts :dunno:

House of Steel
12-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Clears throat, Ummm Koopa, EA Sports makes both Madden games and the Head Coach game. I am believing in the Head Coach game curse too on the cover. Cowher's head was on that. We all know about Alexander. I believe also in the SI curse. I see your point, buddy. I just got a different view of this.

Koopa
12-05-2006, 10:42 PM
like i said the only ea game that has been known to be cursed is the madden game.......you are basically making up a curse here....there is no evidence to your head coach course because this is the first ever head coach game,you can't just go running around and making up a curse.......there is evidence that the madden cover is cursed though

and the si curse?? i believe in it too, however you are saying because troy was on the cover....well that was last season, and guess what?? we won the superbowl.......

House of Steel
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Point taken!!!

K Train
12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
troy got hurt and was a half a step slow in the superbowl

Hburg
12-06-2006, 03:20 AM
I don't think this season would be nearly as hard on all of us if we hadn't just won the super bowl.

Yea, it's hard to be so down after being so far up!

It's been hard on me! I still have that passion! :lol:

I'm in the same boat as you koopa... This season isn't really bothering me because I got a bunch of cool stuff that says they won the freaking Super Bowl :cope: I think next year I'll be in the Steeler mood again :)

I'm in a Steeler mood now!!! :tt02:

You damn Bill Cowher fans!

I'm not happy until we have like a 5 super bowl lead over every other team!....lol
Especially those damn Cowboys!

Only 5? I want us past toes and on to body rings! F*ck the Cowboys!!

Shame on you AZ!......lol This season really ticks me off! To me the Super Bowl is history. Time to work on the other hand!....lol

Exactly!

I just want to see us playing Steelers football again. That's "smash mouth" football for those who have forgotten. This team is too soft. They have no will or heart and I really think that is because they are playing a style of football the aren't use to. Give me the damn attitude back!
The one drive the Ravens had (2nd TD) where they ran it down our throats. That is what Steelers football use to be all about. And tou can see now being on the other end how that effects a team.

Yea, the Steelers aren't a finesse team and I don't want to see them try to play finesse ball! I want to see "smash mouth" football and Blitzburgh!!!

our 3rd round pick will contribute on thursday lol.....willie was just a throw in lol

plus we don't know what's wrong......so i'm not giving up on willie yet

I think Willie Reid will still be able to contribute, he seems to have the desire to get back on the field.

BuFu