PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question

chisteeler
03-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Like the lot of you, I too have been following closely the Big Ben saga. So in light of topics to discuss, I thought I would pose a hypothetical question.
If Ben is suspended for an indefinate time, what do you predict the Steelers record will be with Dixon/Batch or "someone else"? Just curious to see responses.
I predict with Ben 12-4
Without Ben 9-7

SteelerEyeZ
03-26-2010, 05:24 PM
no way Ben is gone the whole year, so u can't really predict withben or with Dixon or batch, I say that for every two games he misses its one plus in the loss column, I would live to have Dixon get a win or two under his belt though

Predict: Ben suspended two games with Dixon starting and Steelers go 10-6 and make playoffs ( I pray BC this post season sucked!):tt02::tt02::tt02:

Big T
03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm going to have a f*cking aneurysm....this **** is unbelievable

BlitzburghRockCity
03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Now Now, Chrissteeler is a new member and possibly hasn't been lurking here very long so we can't chastise him completely for posing another Ben question. Having said that though...

We don't have Ben in the lineup, you can kiss any playoff chances goodbye. This team lives and dies with Ben as the QB.. end of story. :redcool:

Dee Mca
03-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Once again I'll ask suspended for what? No criminal charges have been filed in either case. With all the evidence coming out in this new crap it looks like none will ever be filed in this. The girl was in a club underage,drunk underage. 10 witnesses for Ben said nothing happened. No video footage. Now the girl won't even go in for a second interview with the cops. Maybe she forgot the story she gave to the cops the first time.

strong D
03-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Once again I'll ask suspended for what? No criminal charges have been filed in either case. With all the evidence coming out in this new crap it looks like none will ever be filed in this. The girl was in a club underage,drunk underage. 10 witnesses for Ben said nothing happened. No video footage. Now the girl won't even go in for a second interview with the cops. Maybe she forgot the story she gave to the cops the first time.

he posted a hypothetical question thats all it was

Big T
03-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I apologize christeeler....haha

75Steeler
03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Honestly I think that Goodell may suspend Ben for a couple of regular season games. Dixon will be fine if he is needed to get us through.

Big T
03-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Honestly I think that Goodell may suspend Ben for a couple of regular season games. Dixon will be fine if he is needed to get us through.

Under the personal conduct policy, Goodell cannot suspend Ben unless he's been arrested or charged...neither has happened, neither wil

Zachintosh66
03-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I hope it would be Dixon... but fear it would be Charlie "china doll" Batch

SteelerEyeZ
03-26-2010, 09:55 PM
lol chinadoll

Moondog
03-27-2010, 04:33 AM
If Ben is suspended for two games, the Steelers will split those two and then go 11-5 on the year. If he is suspended for four games, I think they split those also and end up 10-6. Both records would get them in the playoffs and then anything is possible. :imho:

steelersbabex25
03-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Ugh. I hate hypothetical questions.

Ben would be suspended for 2 games IF that..and that's only IF they can find any evidence against him. As of right now, there's nothing to worry about.

Real Deal Steel
03-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Again, I don't see why the panic. Ben didn't do anything wrong and there is no evidence to suggest he did. You can tell by the way the police are handling this that even they feel nothing is there. There just doing their do dilligence. Period.

The commis will talk to Ben, counsel him about where and where not to go from now on and the case will be history.

steelerfan11
03-27-2010, 12:23 PM
I hope it would be Dixon... but fear it would be Charlie "china doll" Batch

that would only be for a play or two or until someone touches him.

I think Dixon would be completely fine if he had to sub in for Ben for a game or two. Look what he did with no prep time against the ratbirds. Now if he could actually have time to prep and play with the first team offense he could have done better.

nuclearchihuahuas
03-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't know--Dixon wasn't bad when he did start...I would guess 10-6 if they get Earl Thomas in the draft

DanRooney
03-29-2010, 02:22 AM
You guys are out of your mind.

Not having a top 5 QB in this league for a season is only a difference between 3 games? 12-4 with Ben and 9-7 with him? That laughable. I give Dixon 6 wins give or take a game.

Troyisabeast_43
03-29-2010, 08:19 PM
If they did suspend Ben 2 or 4 games I'd have no problem with it at all. Whether Ben is found guilty or not you know if he gets off with just a slap on the wrist he is going to probably think once again he is untouchable and then once again he will find himself doing something stupid again and being in another mess of a situation like the one he is in now. All Im saying is Ben needs some kind of message sent to him so he knocks this **** off and if that message has to be a suspension for 2 or 4 games this upcoming season then so be it. It's not the end of the world. Stay the **** out of trouble Ben and grow up a little bit and you wont have to worry about being suspended or having some kind of punishment happen to you.