PDA

View Full Version : Heres a trade to think about

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Should the Steelers give up a 2nd round draft pick for Donavan McNabb? Then trade Ben Rothlisburger to The Rams for the #1 pick or Seattle,Buffalo,Washington,Jacksonville or Oakland for 1 & 3 pick?
McNabb would sign an extension as we continue to groom Dennis Dixon for the future.
Then If we get the additional first round pick who would you take?

V_83
03-26-2010, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't do any of that. McNabb is super over-rated, and injured half the time. Plus the huge fact that I don't want to get rid of Ben. I like Dixon, but he's still going to be the backup for a while.

Look, Roethlisberger has two super bowls under his belt, which is two more than McNabb will ever get, and even though he may not be a model citizen, he is still an elite QB. There's no point in trying to get rid of him.

jcloss23
03-26-2010, 12:56 AM
this is absolute **** man... Ben is goin no where and if he does it'll be because he is forced too. Ben starts for us next year guaranteed. Plus Mcnabb is only good for choking and for a franchise like the steelers choking isnt the answer, big ben is, and so is earl thomas in the 1st!!!

Blazedby92
03-26-2010, 02:12 AM
What's to think about other than someone thinking that is going to happen, RETARDED

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 02:19 AM
People talk about doing things the Steelers way.How long do you think the Steelers will continue to let Ben Tarnish their Image? I'm just asking what you think? What if Goddell Suspends Ben For the Season or games for tarnishing the brand? What would you think then? Roll with Dixon? V-83 just said Dixon is going to be a backup for a while so whats your plan?

--- Added 3/26/2010 at 12:19 AM ---

I wouldn't do any of that. McNabb is super over-rated, and injured half the time. Plus the huge fact that I don't want to get rid of Ben. I like Dixon, but he's still going to be the backup for a while.

Look, Roethlisberger has two super bowls under his belt, which is two more than McNabb will ever get, and even though he may not be a model citizen, he is still an elite QB. There's no point in trying to get rid of him.

If they suspend BEn whats your Backup plan with Dixon just being a backup for a while?

Zachintosh66
03-26-2010, 02:39 AM
wow... its official weve exhausted every possible option for next months draft

Dee Mca
03-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Suspend Ben for what? B/c cause 2 gold diggers says he assulted them. Their hasn't been any criminal charges in either case. If Goddell even tries to suspend Ben I'm sure his lawyers will step in.

Big T
03-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Stop this ****....it is beyond annoying. This case is he said, she said with absolutely no evidence...Ben will not get charged...anyone who doesn't see this is completely blind...under the personal conduct policy, if Ben is not charged, Goodell cannot suspend him...if he were arrested it would be a different story...he hasn't been arrested and he hasn't been charged nor will he ever be...no jail time, no suspension, no trade...Ben will be the starting QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the next decade

please no more of this bullshit, aight?

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Stop this ****....it is beyond annoying. This case is he said, she said with absolutely no evidence...Ben will not get charged...anyone who doesn't see this is completely blind...under the personal conduct policy, if Ben is not charged, Goodell cannot suspend him...if he were arrested it would be a different story...he hasn't been arrested and he hasn't been charged nor will he ever be...no jail time, no suspension, no trade...Ben will be the starting QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the next decade

please no more of this bullshit, aight?

I guess we'll find out when Goodell talks to Ben. I think he is going to warn him that his past pattern/actions have tarnished the reputation of the Steelers & The NFL Brand.
:imho:I dont think they'll charge Ben however their is a chance because Ben Admitted he had sexual contact IE: BJ with the accuser and she is stating assault or sexually manipulation.
as far as the first case I think its BS.

coldrolled
03-26-2010, 08:59 AM
I guess we'll find out when Goodell talks to Ben. I think he is going to warn him that his past pattern/actions have tarnished the reputation of the Steelers & The NFL Brand.
:imho:I dont think they'll charge Ben however their is a chance because Ben Admitted he had sexual contact IE: BJ with the accuser and she is stating assault or sexually manipulation.
as far as the first case I think its BS.

trade up to the lions and give up #18 a third and fifth.

then pick the best player available. OL or DL

cmerrifield
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM
There would be no reason to trade to #2 for any reason, The Lions will go DT and not take anyone we would want, so we could go to 3. Also, to go from 18 to 2 would cost us our 1,2, and 4th at least. Plus, I dont want to pay a #2 pick salary to anyone.

coldrolled
03-26-2010, 10:44 AM
There would be no reason to trade to #2 for any reason, The Lions will go DT and not take anyone we would want, so we could go to 3. Also, to go from 18 to 2 would cost us our 1,2, and 4th at least. Plus, I dont want to pay a #2 pick salary to anyone.

well, the lions need more players and have a huge salary from last years number 1 pick

we need one good player to start our OL rebuild.

tampa could use players too... maybe them??

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
This is stupid. Why spend 60 million on guy.

Stupid stupid trade offer.

It's a trade we don't need to think about.

Big T
03-26-2010, 12:33 PM
The only player I would trade into the top-7 for is Eric Berry... But yes trading up to 2 is obviously not going to happen and it would cost WAY too much...

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 12:50 PM
EVerytime i read this i thing this idea is on the boarder of retarded.

Im just saying.

coldrolled
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM
This is stupid. Why spend 60 million on guy.

Stupid stupid trade offer.

It's a trade we don't need to think about.

60 million for a QB or the same pay for an OL player??
seems high... wouldnt everyone want to get out of the top 4...

--- Added 3/26/2010 at 11:22 AM ---

we resigned charlie batch, he should be in our payroll allowance.

seems a waste of a roster spot. doesnt Randel L qualify for a third stringer.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-26-2010, 01:39 PM
McNabb is super over-rated...

What constitutes Donovan McNabb as OVER-RATED!?!?!? PLEASE explain...

tburg68
03-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Should the Steelers give up a 2nd round draft pick for Donavan McNabb? Then trade Ben Rothlisburger to The Rams for the #1 pick or Seattle,Buffalo,Washington,Jacksonville or Oakland for 1 & 3 pick?
McNabb would sign an extension as we continue to groom Dennis Dixon for the future.
Then If we get the additional first round pick who would you take?

You are a complete moron. Anyone who doubts me should just read your posts. This is one of the most stupid trade offers I've seen. Not only is it dumb, it makes the Steelers much worse. You may want to consider not posting anymore.

DanRooney
03-26-2010, 03:15 PM
What constitutes Donovan McNabb as OVER-RATED!?!?!? PLEASE explain...

Maybe because has choked in every single big game he's been in. He's a very streaky quarterback and plays god awful at times. Highly inaccurate as well.

Remember this debacle this past year?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2213/1zmzi0w.gif

Remind yourself what the score was to this game. Embarrassing.

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Maybe because has choked in every single big game he's been in. He's a very streaky quarterback and plays god awful at times. Highly inaccurate as well.

I actually enjoyed him being loose. Too bad he played tight.

strong D
03-26-2010, 03:48 PM
You are a complete moron. Anyone who doubts me should just read your posts. This is one of the most stupid trade offers I've seen. Not only is it dumb, it makes the Steelers much worse. You may want to consider not posting anymore.

:popcorn:

coldrolled
03-26-2010, 03:52 PM

if he wouldnt choke, they wouldnt be tradin him.

V_83
03-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Exactly.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-26-2010, 04:16 PM

"He's a very streaky quarterback and plays god awful at times."

Doesnt that sentense better describe Brett Favre!?!

"Highly inaccurate as well"
The leaders in career comp. % have 65%, 64% and 63%... in McNabb right now is at 59% and change... oh yeah he holds the record for consecutive completions (24) ahead of Montana (22)

"Maybe because has choked in every single big game he's been in."

And up until '07... the same thing was said for peyton Manning. And he RE-solidified that this season. I love how people say McNabb is over-rated because he lost 4 NFC championship games... say that outloud one time "He Lost FOUR OF THE FIVE NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS HE PLAYED IN" isnt that impressive enough? Making it to four straight nfcc's? Did he play great in all five of the games... NO.

Take a look at 4 playoff games for Manning (1-3 record in these games)

-2002: Indianapolis Colts at New York Jets (41-0 Loss)
Manning: 14 of 31 for 137 yards, zero touchdowns and two interceptions. QB rating: 31.2

-2003: Indianapolis Colts at. New England Patriots (24-14 Loss)
Manning: 23 of 47 for 237 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. QB rating: 35.5.

-2004: Indianapolis Colts at. New England Patriots (20-3 Loss)
Manning: 27 of 42 for 238 yards, zero touchdowns and one interceptions. QB rating: 69.3.

-2006: Indianapolis Colts at. Baltimore Ravens (15-6 Win)
Manning: 15 of 30 for 170 yards, zero touchdowns and two interceptions. QB rating: 39.5.

If the only measure of a qb is how he plays in a few playoff games... then i guess by your standard Manning is the second most over-rated qb!

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 04:24 PM

Your a complete moron! What do the Steelers do if They decide to move on from Ben because he Tarnishes the Steeler Image? Tburg68 I'm asking your opinion?

--- Added 3/26/2010 at 02:24 PM ---

I'm glad this post is bring out the best of the Steeler Fans. We dont have to agree,hell I didnt ask you to agree I asked what you thought. Most dont like it and wont do it. Cool, At least I asked a different question that hasn't been asked before.

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 04:37 PM

lol last sentance i completley agree with you

--- Added 3/26/2010 at 02:37 PM ---

60 million for a QB or the same pay for an OL player??
seems high... wouldnt everyone want to get out of the top 4...

--- Added 3/26/2010 at 11:22 AM ---

we resigned charlie batch, he should be in our payroll allowance.

seems a waste of a roster spot. doesnt Randel L qualify for a third stringer.

Your even more stupid of course they would want to get out of the spot but who would want that spot in return. no team wants to pay a rookie qb 70 million and the other top 5 30-60million. they havent even earned it.

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 04:53 PM
lol last sentence i completley agree with you

Your even more stupid of course they would want to get out of the spot but who would want that spot in return. no team wants to pay a rookie qb 70 million and the other top 5 30-60million. they havent even earned it.

[QUOTE=steeldawgswag;338554]lol last sentence i completley agree with you
Your just jumping on everyone arent you Rook:stirpot

--- Added 3/26/2010 at 02:53 PM ---

SteelcitysfinestXL, What are you hearing in Pittsburgh about what The front office thinks about the Ben and his off the field issues? The radio stations must be going off? I going to check the pod cast.

coldrolled
03-26-2010, 04:59 PM
lol last sentance i completley agree with you

then why do you have to trade your lower 1st, 2nd and 3rd if they want out so bad??

logic please..

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
then why do you have to trade your lower 1st, 2nd and 3rd if they want out so bad??

logic please..

Your one of the idiots thinking trade up to 4th to get anthony davis.

enough said.

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 05:20 PM
SteelcitysfinestXL, What are you hearing in Pittsburgh about what The front office thinks about the Ben and his off the field issues? The radio stations must be going off? I going to check the pod cast.

Big T
03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Enough with this stupid *** bickering....

steeldawgswag & tburgh68: there's no reason to call people names and tell them to stop posting...you don't have to agree with it but it's thier opinion...both of you have made some stupid *** comments as well....pot and kettle kids, pot and kettle

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 06:00 PM

steeldawgswag & tburgh68: there's no reason to call people names and tell them to stop posting...you don't have to agree with it but it's thier opinion...both of you have made some stupid *** comments as well....pot and kettle kids, pot and kettle

Thanks Big T, I wont respond or call anyone names in response. I only wanted to know what other people think of getting McNabb. I'm listening to some Pod Cast from Pittsburgh and this thing with Ben isn't going away yet. But I'm good with anymore opinions.
I'm just waiting to hear from steelcitysfinestXL about what he's hearing in Pittsburgh.

coldrolled
03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Your one of the idiots thinking trade up to 4th to get anthony davis.

enough said.

sorry, im a okung fan....

Black@Gold Forever32
03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
I think somebody has been playing to much Madden on playstation 3.....

1. Trades that you propose will not happen and those trades only happen in the Madden world.....

2. Ben being suspended? For what I ask? If Ben is cleared he won't be suspended and Goodell probably will make Ben attend some type of counseling.......

3. I don't see how Ben has tarnished the Steelers image if he is cleared........He is living his life like normal single 28 year old guys live their lives......You can argue he shouldn't put himself in those situations since he isn't a normal 28 year old......But I just don't get those whole tarnished the Steelers image thing....I'm sure the Steel Curtain Steelers were chasing tail...lol

JollyRob68
03-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I think somebody has been playing to much Madden on playstation 3.....

1. Trades that you propose will not happen and those trades only happen in the Madden world.....

2. Ben being suspended? For what I ask? If Ben is cleared he won't be suspended and Goodell probably will make Ben attend some type of counseling.......

3. I don't see how Ben has tarnished the Steelers image if he is cleared........He is living his life like normal single 28 year old guys live their lives......You can argue he shouldn't put himself in those situations since he isn't a normal 28 year old......But I just don't get those whole tarnished the Steelers image thing....I'm sure the Steel Curtain Steelers were chasing tail...lol

Good Point on Ben Being a normal 28 year old. As far as tarnish the Image its something that has been brought up on the radio and some of the Steeler beat writers have mentioned it. They also mentioned it would be a reason that Goodell might suspend Ben. I'm listening to a Pod Cast and they're talking about possible suspention or counseling.

--- Added 3/26/2010 at 05:11 PM ---

I'm listening to a pod cast from Stillers 365 on ESPN and he just said/suggested giving up a 2nd rounder for McNabb. Podcast for 3/24. I didn't think I was too far off with my question.

andyg1984
03-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Who do we have to ask for a moratorium on the ben has caused the end of the world posts?

tburg68
03-26-2010, 09:47 PM

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. LOL
Ben isn't going to be suspended. No one has ANY idea what is true, and what is not in this case. I couldn't give a crap what talk show hosts and reporters are saying. It is all sensationalism to draw attention to them.

The Steelers are not going to trade for an over the hill overpaid QB like McNabb even if Ben were gone! At this stage of their careers, Dixon is a better solution.

Sorry ladies post whatever you want. LOL

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 11:05 PM

i wasnt calling his name out.

Its a STUPID THREAD.

I cant believe someone would write this stuff up.

JollyRob68
03-27-2010, 12:52 AM
i wasnt calling his name out.

Its a STUPID THREAD.

I cant believe someone would write this stuff up.

Dude I asked a question and the question I asked was also stated on stillers 365 espn radio. So the thread isn't stupid it was a question to findout what Steelers fan think.
Thanks I got your Opinion and no on else needs to make one. Dude Lighten up.
GO STEELERS:tt02:
MODERATOR CLOSE THE THREAD.PLEASE

tburg68
03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
MODERATOR CLOSE THE THREAD.PLEASE

I believe this may be your best post ever.

JollyRob68
03-27-2010, 04:06 PM
I believe this may be your best post ever.

And I believe its yours as well.LOL Go Steelers