PDA

View Full Version : Source: Nolan Carroll to visit Steelers

Captcoolhand
03-25-2010, 09:26 PM
University of Maryland speedy cornerback Nolan Carroll is scheduled to visit the Pittsburgh Steelers on March 31, according to a league source.
Carroll is also scheduled to visit the Dolphins on March 29.
He worked out for the Dolphins today.
Carroll has already conducted private workouts with the New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns.
The 5-11, 204-pounder bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times at the Terrapins’ campus Pro Day workout, also registering a 37 ˝ inch vertical leap and a 4.39 time in the 40-yard dash.
Carroll missed the majority of last season with a broken leg after starting the first two games of the season, but has made a complete recovery.
He’s projected as a middle to later-round draft pick, but his size-speed combination is definitely boosting his stock.

strong D
03-26-2010, 12:51 AM
is there anything on where he was ranked amonst college corners the year before he got hurt

Callax
03-26-2010, 07:51 AM
University of Maryland speedy cornerback Nolan Carroll is scheduled to visit the Pittsburgh Steelers on March 31, according to a league source.
Carroll is also scheduled to visit the Dolphins on March 29.
He worked out for the Dolphins today.
Carroll has already conducted private workouts with the New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns.
The 5-11, 204-pounder bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times at the Terrapins’ campus Pro Day workout, also registering a 37 ˝ inch vertical leap and a 4.39 time in the 40-yard dash.
Carroll missed the majority of last season with a broken leg after starting the first two games of the season, but has made a complete recovery.
He’s projected as a middle to later-round draft pick, but his size-speed combination is definitely boosting his stock.

Maybe a reach at 3rd round?? maybe late 3rd round ?? trade to get early 4th round...
but has decent size and speed is solid... we need help with gay being a bust....

Black@Gold Forever32
03-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Gay a bust?.....Gay was a 5th round pick....lol I didn't know 5th round picks could be a bust...lol Plus Gay was solid when McFadden went down with injury in 2008....Gay is what he is....A solid backup that can spot start if injury happens to a starter....But 2009 did prove Gay isn't a full time starter.......I just don't know what you expect from a 5th round pick?.....I expect nickel corner at best and I think Willie Gay still could be a solid nickel corner in this league......