PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper is an idiot

Big T
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Just got done watching a segment where he was stating whose stock if up and who is down...he mentioned Brandon Spikes in the "down" due to his horrible 40 time...ok I can agree but he said his stock has fallen from a second or third round pick to a FIFTH or SIXTH round pick....Are you f*cking serious? I could go on all damn day but I will just say if he's there in the second, he should be a steeler...

Zachintosh66
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Just got done watching a segment where he was stating whose stock if up and who is down...he mentioned Brandon Spikes in the "down" due to his horrible 40 time...ok I can agree but he said his stock has fallen from a second or third round pick to a FIFTH or SIXTH round pick....Are you f*cking serious? I could go on all damn day but I will just say if he's there in the second, he should be a steeler...

no thanks... id rather have a OL or CB rather than another LB... just saying, :imho:

andyg1984
03-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I will take Spikes all day .. hard to see other guys having better careers drafted ahead of him past 60ish ... I would not be surprised to see SF pair him up with Willis .. he is what he is and he is good at it

cmerrifield
03-26-2010, 07:48 AM
I would Spikes in the 2nd, and for sure if he is there in the third, I might even go get him in the late second or early third. But Mel Kiper DID say that OT Campbell is the most overrated player in this years draft and if he goes in the first, even pick 32, its WAY too early, so I would say Mel Kiper is an idiot, but not a complete idiot.

Big T
03-26-2010, 12:28 PM
I would Spikes in the 2nd, and for sure if he is there in the third, I might even go get him in the late second or early third. But Mel Kiper DID say that OT Campbell is the most overrated player in this years draft and if he goes in the first, even pick 32, its WAY too early, so I would say Mel Kiper is an idiot, but not a complete idiot.

I was just saying in terms of what he said about Spikes....I agree Bruce Campbell is ridiculously overrated...it's unbelievable that he could go as early as 8...in underwear, he looks like a top 5 pick but on tape, he looks like a 3rd round developmental project....

steelcitysfinestXL
03-26-2010, 01:45 PM

Could you imagine the size of the chip that will be on his shoulder if a team were to land him in the THIRD round!!! I hope we (somehow) aquire another 2nd round pick and snag him up. I still think, in OUR 3-4, he is every bit the prospect McClain is. He's a everydown/situation ILB with a mean streak and 4 career INT returns for TD's. He is a STEAL in or after the second!!!

DanRooney
03-26-2010, 01:51 PM
ILBs generally tend to fall. Kiper is a real genius when it comes to the draft. Now I don't agree with him falling into the 4th or later, but I could see him fall into the 3rd for his pathetic 40 time. What's bad is he didn't even chose to retake it at his 2nd Pro day...which tells me he has a laziness or psychological issue going on. For god's sake I can run faster than a 5+ 40.