PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks Haden overrated?

scudmissile29
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I watched him at college yes he did shut down slower receivers but when he went against faster better receivers against LSU and Cincinnati he got beat but the ball was overthrown countless times due to the extreme pass rush.

I think he flourished only because of that pass rush Florida have.

Im prepared to be flammed lol :cope:

DanRooney
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Well it won't be that much different if he comes to Pittsburgh.

If Haden is still there, we take him. Then Thomas.

Zachintosh66
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
im hoping clev takes Haden b/c i do think he is overrated

coldrolled
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM

they'll take who we really like.. Earl Thomas

scudmissile29
03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
they'll take who we really like.. Earl Thomas

thomas stock has dropped apparantley at the owners meeting.

i dunno why someone would pick earl at #7, only the elites should go in top 10 and teams may pass over him because of his experience.

im willing to take a bet on him and draft him please make it happen im begging the steelers and god to do it.

im hoping they dont i hope the 49ers take him so we can take earl thomas

i hate cowboy and eagle fans they actually think they have a shot at earl thomas. stupid people

Big T
03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
For us to have a shot at Thomas we need Eric Berry to fall to the Browns....if that happens, it looks like Haden will go to San Fran at 13 and if Seattle goes safety at 14, hopefully Pete Carrol takes his boy Mays...if that happens it looks pretty good for the steelers...We need Eric Bery to fall to Cleveland to have any shot at Earl Thomas...

andyg1984
03-25-2010, 11:41 AM
we also need some1 to not move ahead of us .. that is what i see happening if he does not go top 12 or so .. in a passing league this guy is seriously valuable ..

scudmissile29
03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
we also need some1 to not move ahead of us .. that is what i see happening if he does not go top 12 or so .. in a passing league this guy is seriously valuable ..

I think we should switch to seattle and offer them sweed with a 3rd round pick or just a pick or sweed.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Haden at no. 18 is pretty good value. In January/Feb. the thought was "Man, i hope we trade up to get Joe Haden!"... That would be foolish. Every one wants a top-flight corner because of our pass defense woes last season. Forgetting the year before we were number 1 against the pass all season long.

Look at Will Gays game log from 08:
4 starts in a row- SD, CIN, NE and DAL... for wins and no WR had a big game against him. Im not saying im a fan of Will Gay... yes he played TERRIBLE last season, but i've said all along: "William Gay and Ike Taylor (barring injuries) will be our openning day starters!"

My point is, we dont need top dollar/talent corners to play in this defense. What good is it to have a amagizing physical, bump and run style man CB in a zone defense where the CB's play 6-10 yards off the ball???? Its a waste of money.

scudmissile29
03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Haden at no. 18 is pretty good value. In January/Feb. the thought was "Man, i hope we trade up to get Joe Haden!"... That would be foolish. Every one wants a top-flight corner because of our pass defense woes last season. Forgetting the year before we were number 1 against the pass all season long.

Look at Will Gays game log from 08:
4 starts in a row- SD, CIN, NE and DAL... for wins and no WR had a big game against him. Im not saying im a fan of Will Gay... yes he played TERRIBLE last season, but i've said all along: "William Gay and Ike Taylor (barring injuries) will be our openning day starters!"

My point is, we dont need top dollar/talent corners to play in this defense. What good is it to have a amagizing physical, bump and run style man CB in a zone defense where the CB's play 6-10 yards off the ball???? Its a waste of money.

kyle wilson>joe haden

that will soon change though, i think lebeau may retire within 2 years. i doubt we keep all the plays from the playbook

we need ballhawks ike is not really a #1 in my view.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
kyle wilson>joe haden

that will soon change though, i think lebeau may retire within 2 years. i doubt we keep all the plays from the playbook

IMO, Devin McCourty > Wilson and Haden due to the fact he is a late 1st early 2nd round value and every bit as good as the others.

FO can deal with Lebeau's retirement when it happens... no point in jumping the gun before then. There is a reason B-Mac left for ARI... Unfortunately, we wont pay that money for a CB esp. one who could never crack the starting line-up in camp (not sure why though :evilshake: he played well when Deshea went down)

Ike gets his money cause he single-handedly shuts down Ochocinco twice a year! He is the proto-typical Dick Lebeau CB... big, physical, great in run support and a sure tackler. Dont knock Ike, he does his job game in and game out! If only he had hands!

Big T
03-25-2010, 02:16 PM
If only he had hands!

No doubt...he wouldve made it to a pro bowl or two

scudmissile29
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
IMO, Devin McCourty > Wilson and Haden due to the fact he is a late 1st early 2nd round value and every bit as good as the others.

FO can deal with Lebeau's retirement when it happens... no point in jumping the gun before then. There is a reason B-Mac left for ARI... Unfortunately, we wont pay that money for a CB esp. one who could never crack the starting line-up in camp (not sure why though :evilshake: he played well when Deshea went down)

Ike gets his money cause he single-handedly shuts down Ochocinco twice a year! He is the proto-typical Dick Lebeau CB... big, physical, great in run support and a sure tackler. Dont knock Ike, he does his job game in and game out! If only he had hands!

im not knocking ike, i just didnt like how lazily he played against the raiders.

if ike could jack up ocho cino and at least brake his jaw or rip out of tongue were good again :yellowthumb:

haden wont be a good cornerback in the nfl failure is awaiting him i believe that and will stand by that.

Big T
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
haden wont be a good cornerback in the nfl failure is awaiting him i believe that and will stand by that.

Well, you think Justin Hartwig is good so....

Joe Haden will be a good corner....for him to flourish he needs to go to a team that plays a lot of man-coverage...thats where he is best...I think he can be a good corner in a zone scheme but he is best in man...

steelcitysfinestXL
03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Big T;338346]Well, you think Justin Hartwig is good so....
QUOTE]

:clap: Only reason Hartwig is/was even acceptable is because he replaced an even worse Sean Mahan... Hartwig is rubbish!!! A solid C would go a LONG way for imroving Chris-K and whom-ever wins that RG spot this season.

DanRooney
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
kyle wilson>joe haden

Whole post is a bunch of malarkey.

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Whole post is a bunch of malarkey.

says the dude that has some iron guy as their photo

coach
03-27-2010, 10:27 AM
When we think about the strengths and weaknesses of the DBs in the draft, I think we need at least consider that our front 7 will always pressure QBs. Even though I don't think Mays is our pick at 18, Mays, Haden, Wilson, Thomas or others who are evaluated and found to have some deficiencies will all benefit from our D scheme/pressure and will likley be an upgrade on what was a porous secondary last year. Some of the teams we lost to last year would probably lose games in the CFL. I hope we take the best DB available (move up or down a bit if possible) at 18 or thereabouts and close out games next year.

scudmissile29
03-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Haden is a boundary corner at the most.

K Train
03-28-2010, 12:23 PM
haden might not be a great #1 ever, but he would be a solid number 2. idk im real up and down on him, i love wilson, jackson, robinson and mcourty, i think they have more upside to be a #1 than haden. kyle wilson will go alot higher than people think and robinson might not be a known player for a year or 2 but he has the most upside. kareem jackson is a perfect fit for our scheme.

keep an eye out for Akwasi Owusu-Ansah to be a second round pick as well