PDA

View Full Version : If Earl Thomas is at 18?

scudmissile29
03-24-2010, 02:19 AM
Hi...

Does anyone share the same view as me?

If he is at 18 we should select him.

He's a ballhawk something we have lacked for many years and relied on one person (Troy) who we can't anymore since the league really found out and could even continue to expose us next year.

Earl is a dynamic player who plays the high risk high reward game and usually get it's right.

Now... He's a versatile player and can play anywhere apart from SS in our secondary. He would easily become our best Cornerback in the first two years if he moves back to FS.

I don't believe the signing of Ryan Clark has the Steelers 100% happy with the secondary it was Clark who asked to come back so the Steelers obviously had a plan (hopefully to draft E.T.)

(BTW I'm love Clark I'm just putting it that way)

The only real disadvantage that the Steelers will see in him is how much experience he has but i don't think that matters with him. He was real good from the Start. I don't care who we pick if we pass him up It's our loss.

I would trade up to Seahawks #14 and offer them our third round for him or give them Limas Sweed or both.

:grin1:

Big T
03-24-2010, 02:30 AM
without a mother f*cking doubt....I love me some Earl Thomas

Zachintosh66
03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
If we land ET...

Im going streaking "old school" style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVU1ffXXJ4A

scudmissile29
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Imagine him shutting down ocho stinko then running across the pitch to intercept that overated piece of garbage on the bengals offense. Would be a gem i real hope we draft him.

Please NO Mike Iupati WE WANT EARL THOMAS!!!!

igor0190
03-24-2010, 01:31 PM
E.T. COME HOME! To Pittsburgh!

DanRooney
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Imagine him shutting down ocho stinko then running across the pitch to intercept that overated piece of garbage on the bengals offense. Would be a gem i real hope we draft him.

Please NO Mike Iupati WE WANT EARL THOMAS!!!!

I have a hunch that Iupati is our guy at 18 :evilshake:

coldrolled
03-24-2010, 01:50 PM

nfl.com is talking ET in the top 8

thats not helping our cause.

it may be pouncey at #18 for us.

scudmissile29
03-24-2010, 02:00 PM

How right are they? come on they choose harvin for us last year... idiots they think they know everything.

--- Added 3/24/2010 at 12:00 PM ---

i really dont like Iupati.

Zachintosh66
03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Iupati can run block, but is suspect at best in pass protection... IDK.. in the near future i think Iupati may be the best fit for the RG spot... But in the future Pouncey can not only play RG, bit eventually take over for Hartwig.

Still want ET tho!

coldrolled
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Iupati can run block, but is suspect at best in pass protection... IDK.. in the near future i think Iupati may be the best fit for the RG spot... But in the future Pouncey can not only play RG, bit eventually take over for Hartwig.

Still want ET tho!

Pouncey before Iupati

JollyRob68
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
If Earl Thomas is there I'd be happy if they took him. The Ravens picked up A Boldin and we need DB help.However, The experts are saying ET is a safety not a CB because of his ball hawking skills and we resigned Ryan Clark. So wouldn't Drafting him in the 1st be a wasted pick with the other holes we have? We can pick up a Safety in rd 3 or 4 because Joe Burnett is the Nickle.
If we dont take him I want Pouncey at 18 and we dont need to move back and risk not getting him. But If we can pick up a 2nd round pick by moving back I would if Jared Odrick,Pouncey and Cornerbacks Were Still on the board. I'd even have Cody on the list but we need to be in front of San Diego.
Earl Thomas would still be an awesome pick in rd 1 and we need a quality Lineman in RD 2.

coldrolled
03-24-2010, 04:33 PM
If Earl Thomas is there I'd be happy if they took him. The Ravens picked up A Boldin and we need DB help.However, The experts are saying ET is a safety not a CB because of his ball hawking skills and we resigned Ryan Clark. So wouldn't Drafting him in the 1st be a wasted pick with the other holes we have? We can pick up a Safety in rd 3 or 4 because Joe Burnett is the Nickle.
If we dont take him I want Pouncey at 18 and we dont need to move back and risk not getting him. But If we can pick up a 2nd round pick by moving back I would if Jared Odrick,Pouncey and Cornerbacks Were Still on the board. I'd even have Cody on the list but we need to be in front of San Diego.
Earl Thomas would still be an awesome pick in rd 1 and we need a quality Lineman in RD 2.

If we get yet another CB.. it would be Kyle Wilson at #18

Then we need to start removing some, we have a pile of them.

Thomas would be good, Clark to backup Troy and Thomas and Carter is gone.
What about the new Allen?

Trade up for Okung at LT.. he starts, move Starks to right.

then figure out the rest of the OL.

Big T
03-24-2010, 05:48 PM

Trade up for Okung? Are you out if your mind? He will be gone as early as 2 and absolutely no later than 5...that will never happen but if we would trade up that far, it better be for Eric Berry...there is absolutely no way the trade up for Okung...

and why would you want to move Starks to RT? Colon is our best lineman and he's been solid....Like Train's been saying, if they draft a tackle, move Starks' enormous *** to right guard...haha try that **** out

scudmissile29
03-24-2010, 06:24 PM

what Okung is top 5. colon and starks are okay at tackle it's ben that makes them look bad by taking the sacks. maybe that can get rid of when dixon comes in if ben is found guilty.

Thomas wont be a waste of a pick i assure you of that. Look what happened when we passed up a texas safety in 2007 (understandable we had clark at a younger age) the second season he had 7-9 ints.

we need a ballhawk. i would choose thomas over wilson because of versatility if someone went down say polamalu again. move clark to SS insert thomas at FS.

Im also sure he would give ike a run for his money as #1 in training camp the guy is unbelieveable.

JensK
03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
what Okung is top 5. colon and starks are okay at tackle it's ben that makes them look bad by taking the sacks. maybe that can get rid of when dixon comes in if ben is found guilty.

Thomas wont be a waste of a pick i assure you of that. Look what happened when we passed up a texas safety in 2007 (understandable we had clark at a younger age) the second season he had 7-9 ints.

we need a ballhawk. i would choose thomas over wilson because of versatility if someone went down say polamalu again. move clark to SS insert thomas at FS.

Im also sure he would give ike a run for his money as #1 in training camp the guy is unbelieveable.

Thomas could easily play cb. He is athletic enough. I say draft thomas, start him at cb with ike and move thomas to safety when clark is done for in couple of years.

andyg1984
03-24-2010, 09:36 PM

Agree .. I hope we can get Thomas at 18, but i would bet he is gone before 15 easily .. imo pouncey is the most likely candidate right now and i would like that .. dude is great in pass pro

strong D
03-25-2010, 01:31 AM
id love to get thomas but imo hes gone by 18 i think it comes down to the 2 lineman and id rather have pouncey

scudmissile29
03-25-2010, 05:23 AM
I would rather have kyle wilson.

pouncey is not good enough to go 18th.

andyg1984
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
why do you say that?

scudmissile29
03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
why do you say that?

because he isn't.

we dont even need pouncey right now.

i also dont like him for an incident where he and his offensive line buddys kicked people in the victory formation against another school. piece of dirt dont want those representing us.

I hope for the sake of our team and secondary on April 8-9 when Thomas visits he gives a good interview and we really want to select him.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I would rather have kyle wilson.

pouncey is not good enough to go 18th.

why do you say that?

Pouncey isnt carrying no.18 value... he just isnt. Most Centers dont. Indy, at 32 is where i see him going to replace and aging Jeff Saturday. If im the Steelers i'd execute like this:
1. See who is available at 18 worth the pick (ex: Thomas, Spiller, McClain or Haden)
2. IF, no one i like is available at 18, trade back to the mid 20's... teams with BIGGER needs than us ie: HOU (pick a position), SD (runningback) DAL (OT,Secondary) would like our 18th pick. Guys like Pouncey, Cody, Wilson, McCourty ect. are a better value in the mid to late twenties.

piece of dirt dont want those representing us.

Um, James Harrison, Santonio Holmes, Jeff Reed and Ben Roethisberger... I think Pouncey will fit right in!!!:lol:

JollyRob68
03-25-2010, 03:00 PM
because he isn't.

we dont even need pouncey right now.

i also dont like him for an incident where he and his offensive line buddys kicked people in the victory formation against another school. piece of dirt dont want those representing us.

I hope for the sake of our team and secondary on April 8-9 when Thomas visits he gives a good interview and we really want to select him.

Pouncey is rated 17 on Mel Kipers big board so he's a go at 18. Center is the weakest position on our line. I like Thomas and If he's there pick him if not Take Pouncey or trade back and pickup another 2nd round pick.

scudmissile29
03-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Pouncey is rated 17 on Mel Kipers big board so he's a go at 18. Center is the weakest position on our line. I like Thomas and If he's there pick him if not Take Pouncey or trade back and pickup another 2nd round pick.

jeff hartwig is good.

Big T
03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
jeff hartwig is good.

First of all, his name is Justin. secondly, ABSOLUTELY NOT...He is without a doubt the worst player on the offensive line...that statement really makes me wonder if you even watched any steelers games the last two seasons...Maurkice Pouncey would be an immediate upgrade...

Zachintosh66
03-25-2010, 05:14 PM
First of all, his name is Justin. secondly, ABSOLUTELY NOT...He is without a doubt the worst player on the offensive line...that statement really makes me wonder if you even watched any steelers games the last two seasons...Maurkice Pouncey would be an immediate upgrade...

All be it said but Hartwig would still start @ C... IF we get Pouncey he is going to be thrown into the RG mix until Hartwig is off the roster...

scudmissile29
03-25-2010, 06:12 PM

who cares what his firstname is its ben that makes half of them look bad.

nonetheless we need defensive back in the first, i like kyle wilson as much as thomas but thomas's versatility would be much welcomed

Big T
03-25-2010, 07:38 PM
who cares what his firstname is its ben that makes half of them look bad.

Ben may take some sacks but thats not what im saying....Hartwig has absolutely no idea what to do out there...he is horrible...barely better than Sean Mahan...

andyg1984
03-25-2010, 08:41 PM
jeff hartwig is good.

LMFAO .. ROTFL ..

1. Hartwig does not match-up well (to put it nicely) with any interior DL in the AFC North
2. Hartwig was replaced by Ryan Kalil and many feel Pouncey has better upside
3. Not only does Mel Kiper have Pouncey in the top 20, but Mike Mayock is saying that he is the best C since Mangold.

Pouncey is VERY good in pass pro and would complement Kemo nicely ..

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 07:17 PM
LMFAO .. ROTFL ..

1. Hartwig does not match-up well (to put it nicely) with any interior DL in the AFC North
2. Hartwig was replaced by Ryan Kalil and many feel Pouncey has better upside
3. Not only does Mel Kiper have Pouncey in the top 20, but Mike Mayock is saying that he is the best C since Mangold.

Pouncey is VERY good in pass pro and would complement Kemo nicely ..

who cares pouncey isn't good enough to go #18 and this is a thread about if earl thomas is there not some stupid florida player that stamps on peoples faces on a victory formation

Big T
03-26-2010, 09:05 PM
steeldawgswag:

who is your favorite college football team...I would appreciate an honest answer...thank you...

scudmissile29
03-26-2010, 11:06 PM
steeldawgswag:

who is your favorite college football team...I would appreciate an honest answer...thank you...

Virignia Tech Hokies

JollyRob68
03-27-2010, 01:01 AM
I like Kam Chancellor from V tech and hope he's there in the later rounds if we dont take Earl Thomas.

Big T
03-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Virignia Tech Hokies

So I guess your hate toward the Florida Gators isn't rivalry related...

coach
03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Earl Thomas is highly likely if he is there.

I would prefer Pouncey or Kyle Wilson to Iupati if Thomas is gone, but I wouldn't take any of then at 18.

I think the pick is going to be on D side of the ball though. I also think teams want to move down (Wash and Jax) to get additional picks. The question becomes, who will trade up with them and what are their team needs? For Thomas to be around, we need some teams that need QBs to move up or for a team to reach for a QB.

scudmissile29
03-27-2010, 12:05 PM
So I guess your hate toward the Florida Gators isn't rivalry related...

No i just hate Pouncey and the others for what they did. There was no need for that incident.

JensK
03-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Earl Thomas is highly likely if he is there.

I would prefer Pouncey or Kyle Wilson to Iupati if Thomas is gone, but I wouldn't take any of then at 18.

I think the pick is going to be on D side of the ball though. I also think teams want to move down (Wash and Jax) to get additional picks. The question becomes, who will trade up with them and what are their team needs? For Thomas to be around, we need some teams that need QBs to move up or for a team to reach for a QB.

There should be a couple of teams who would be able to move down a little, and i honestly think Steelers should try to move up, especially since we got 3 comp. picks.

K Train
03-27-2010, 02:21 PM
No i just hate Pouncey and the others for what they did. There was no need for that incident.

pouncey is sex on turf at the center position, hes silky smooth

Zachintosh66
03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I like Kam Chancellor from V tech and hope he's there in the later rounds if we dont take Earl Thomas.

IMHO i think Kam would be a better fit at LB... kinda like Thomas Davis a few years ago

JollyRob68
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
IMHO i think Kam would be a better fit at LB... kinda like Thomas Davis a few years ago

Thats what I like about him. The steelers would have options and We know he's a Hitter/inbox safety and would make a good ILB.

--- Added 3/28/2010 at 01:09 PM ---

I must of missed something,so what incident happened?

scudmissile29
03-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Thats what I like about him. The steelers would have options and We know he's a Hitter/inbox safety and would make a good ILB.

--- Added 3/28/2010 at 01:09 PM ---

I must of missed something,so what incident happened?

i already said some of the florida gators stomped on opposition as the qb kneel collapsed in a game last season or two ago

i dont want that fag.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Ray Mansfield, Mike Webster, Dirt Dawson, Jeff Hartings, those four locked down the center position for Steelers from the mid 60's-2006.........Since Hartings has retired the center position has been a joke with clowns like Sean Mahan and Justin Hartwig....If Earl Thomas and the other top OT's are gone by 18 then I'm all for trading down a few spots and drafting Pouncey........The Steelers will once again have a legit center for years to come and I think Pouncey might be the best center to come out in years......Plus trading down the Steelers could pick up extra picks and try to trade up in the 2nd round to draft a safety like Nate Allen......

Somebody mentioned Pouncey wouldn't start right away center and that is true....But then he would play RG and he would be the best OG on the roster......Then Pouncey would kick back to center when Hartwig is gone....

scudmissile29
03-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Lets go Earl come to your new home come draft day :D

Dobre Shunka
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
1st Hiya,
2nd, I feel E Thomas is the smart pick @ 18. The problem is will he be there? If he is not then is Rolando McClain there? No, OK, is Wilson there? If all else fails is D. Williams slotted? Fill the need with the quality "hard" picks before moving onto C, G, & Ts.

As for the Pouncey talk, IMO there are quite a few eligible choices @ the C, G, & T positions to be grabbed in this draft and because of this we should concentrate on other positions in the 1st.

Centers - Walton or Olsen in the 3rd would be great. Even Fisher in the late late rounds could be a decisive pickup.
Guards - Mike Johnson looks really good or even V Ducasse anywhere in the 4rth and beyond look to be good bets. How bout this? Bring in Matt McCrackin w/ a comp pick and watch this kid play.
Tackles - Quality choices abound here, as well. I mean man there's Young, Veldheer, and Williams just to name a few. H*ll, Davis might even fall, who knows?

K Train
03-28-2010, 10:12 PM
john jerry>mike johnson

JensK
03-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I really do not think they'll pick a tackle in the worst unless Okung or Bulaga should fall, and Rolando and Thomas/haden should be gone. They seem really happy with Starks and Colon... Guard or center might be the pick

Black@Gold Forever32
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I really do not think they'll pick a tackle in the worst unless Okung or Bulaga should fall, and Rolando and Thomas/haden should be gone. They seem really happy with Starks and Colon... Guard or center might be the pick

I think if Bulaga fell to 18 the Steelers might consider taking him but I doubt that will happen.....I pray Haden is gone....I don't think he is terrible but I don't think there is much difference between Haden and a corner like Kareem Jackson. The Steelers could make a move in the 2nd round to draft Jackson.....

I don't think McClain will be there at 18 but I wouldn't mind him if he did happen to fall......Right now its all about Earl Thomas or a trade down for me.....I really like the idea of trading down/adding more picks and drafting Pouncey......

K Train
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
if bulaga is at 18 its a slam dunk pick regardless of who else is on the board....he would dominate at G or T from day one

Big T
03-29-2010, 01:46 AM
if bulaga is at 18 its a slam dunk pick regardless of who else is on the board....he would dominate at G or T from day one

I dont see him falling past Buffalo at 9....unless Jimmy Clausen is there which would be interesting but like I said, i dont see him falling out of the top 10...

Zachintosh66
03-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Somebody mentioned Pouncey wouldn't start right away center and that is true....But then he would play RG and he would be the best OG on the roster

I disagree respectfully, Kemo is a beast. You could def tell the difference in the OL when Kemo missed time. Kemos pull was killing guys! Colon and Kemo are our best OL hands down and the OL will revolve around them for years to come.

scudmissile29
03-29-2010, 03:26 AM

Faith have faith.

apparantley thomas failed a drugs test at the combine (lol) but we should still select him anyways look at santonio holmes when he channels it lol. percy harvin is another exception.

i might think thomas may fall because the 49ers might select kyle wilson. him running a 4.39 at his pro day is real good. but im betting that most have their 40 yard times put up anyways to look like the uni's are good lol

JollyRob68
03-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Faith have faith.

apparantley thomas failed a drugs test at the combine (lol) but we should still select him anyways look at santonio holmes when he channels it lol. percy harvin is another exception.

i might think thomas may fall because the 49ers might select kyle wilson. him running a 4.39 at his pro day is real good. but im betting that most have their 40 yard times put up anyways to look like the uni's are good lol

If Thomas failed the drug test he will fall past The Steelers and slip in the draft the same way Percy did and thats a shame. Take Pouncey.

scudmissile29
03-29-2010, 11:05 AM
If Thomas failed the drug test he will fall past The Steelers and slip in the draft the same way Percy did and thats a shame. Take Pouncey.

what the hell no he wont.

santonio holmes no way hell and look what he brought us.

forget pouncey he's a reach at 18. and why trade down when there are so many other better players.

maybe we can also get a kevin kolb deal down. i dunno the draft is pretty suprising.

K Train
03-29-2010, 12:49 PM
pouncey isnt a reach at 18 at this point, thats about where hes valued

JollyRob68
03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
what the hell no he wont.

santonio holmes no way hell and look what he brought us.

forget pouncey he's a reach at 18. and why trade down when there are so many other better players.

maybe we can also get a kevin kolb deal down. i dunno the draft is pretty suprising.

We know you dont like Pouncey but that doesnt make him a reach at 18. He # 18 on Mel Kipers big board & Mike Mayock said it would be a good pick. I like Earl Thomas but if your not smart enough to handle your business and be clean for the combine then you'll slip just like Percy did. It doesnt mean he's not good because HE IS.
We'll know whats up after his official visit with the Steelers.

Big T
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't care if he failed the drug test...if he's there at 18 he has to be the pick

and pouncey is definitely not a reach at 18....

coldrolled
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't care if he failed the drug test...if he's there at 18 he has to be the pick

You sure Kyle wont be the pick before thomas, as kyle is the true CB

Thomas is a sophmore saftety, who just started at CB a bit.

Will miss 2 years of college ball??

Big T
03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
You sure Kyle wont be the pick before thomas, as kyle is the true CB

Thomas is a sophmore saftety, who just started at CB a bit.

Will miss 2 years of college ball??

I really like Kyle Wilson but absolutely nowhere near as much as i like Earl Thomas...I may be in the minority here but I dont want Earl Thomas playing corner...making him a corner taking away what makes him so good, his instincts...he is exactly what we need in a FS... a ball-hawking center-fielder with great coverage abilities and the best instincts of any DB in this class...He is the best FS prosepect ive seen in years...thats excluding Eric Berry who is the best safety prospect ive ever seen...But if Earl Thomas is there, we cannot afford to pass on him...he's too special

coldrolled
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
I really like Kyle Wilson but absolutely nowhere near as much as i like Earl Thomas...I may be in the minority here but I dont want Earl Thomas playing corner...making him a corner taking away what makes him so good, his instincts...he is exactly what we need in a FS... a ball-hawking center-fielder with great coverage abilities and the best instincts of any DB in this class...He is the best FS prosepect ive seen in years...thats excluding Eric Berry who is the best safety prospect ive ever seen...But if Earl Thomas is there, we cannot afford to pass on him...he's too special

you're right, i feel the same way. but does the FO want a safety or a CB??? in this scenario?

we may have Anthony Davis, Kyle, Earl and McClain on the board at 18..

Big T
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM
you're right, i feel the same way. but does the FO want a safety or a CB??? in this scenario?

we may have Anthony Davis, Kyle, Earl and McClain on the board at 18..

if Earl Thomas and Rolando McClain are on the board, one of them better be the pick...don't get me wrong, I like Anthony Davis and Kyle Wilson, but I would be furious if either were the pick over Thomas and McClain....

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
I disagree respectfully, Kemo is a beast. You could def tell the difference in the OL when Kemo missed time. Kemos pull was killing guys! Colon and Kemo are our best OL hands down and the OL will revolve around them for years to come.

What does Kemoeatu being a beast have to do with Pouncey?.......All I said I thought Pouncey would be the best OG on the roster if he was drafted.....Its really not a knock on Kemoeatu but just how highly I think of Pouncey....I think Pouncey is the best center prospect to come out in years and I think he could an all-pro OG to in the NFL....

As for Kemoeatu I wouldn't put him at best level yet....I agree the OL is worse without him the Steelers OL is a joke period......Kemoeatu and Colon might be our best OL but that doesn't make them elite......The Steelers need to start adding elite talent along the OL again......

scudmissile29
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
I like Kyle.

I just think Earl Thomas will be a very good player. who gives a **** if he didnt play for long he made an istant impact to that texas defense.

i just hope we get him but i wont be sad to see kyle wilson be a steeler that dude got game easily gonna be a top 5 corner in a few years time

JollyRob68
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
if Earl Thomas and Rolando McClain are on the board, one of them better be the pick...don't get me wrong, I like Anthony Davis and Kyle Wilson, but I would be furious if either were the pick over Thomas and McClain....
If McClain is there he's the pick. They'll run to the podium.

BlackGold4vr
03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
As for Kemoeatu I wouldn't put him at best level yet....I agree the OL is worse without him the Steelers OL is a joke period......Kemoeatu and Colon might be our best OL but that doesn't make them elite......The Steelers need to start adding elite talent along the OL again......

:plus1:

Amen brother! Unless they add a couple talented guys in there the O-line will continue to SUCK! You don't need all 1st round picks in order to be a great O-line. You can mix in mediocre with great talent and it can gel into a good line. But you do need some talent which we do not have right now.

I am envious of the NYJ O-line. It is today what ours was 5 or 6 years ago.

Ferguson/Faneca/Mangold who wouldn't want to play behind those 3 guys?

JollyRob68
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM

With the issues they're having with Santonio Holmes and Ben off the field dont you think the Steelers are going to shy away from someone who failed a Drug test at the biggest interview of his life?
I like Earl Thomas and will be happy if he's the pick,Kyle Wilson,Haden,Mcclain,Pouncey,Weatherspoon or Devin McCourtey. You can throw in Jared Odrick as well.

--- Added 3/29/2010 at 04:50 PM ---

:yellowthumb:
:plus1:

Amen brother! Unless they add a couple talented guys in there the O-line will continue to SUCK! You don't need all 1st round picks in order to be a great O-line. You can mix in mediocre with great talent and it can gel into a good line. But you do need some talent which we do not have right now.
:yellowthumb: They need to add Quality OL and thats something they haven't done for years. The Oline isn't a sexy pick but look at the teams that took the OLINE picks the past few years. The Jets are the perfect example of getting talent on the O line and NOW they look like the Steelers of Old.

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 07:38 AM
With the issues they're having with Santonio Holmes and Ben off the field dont you think the Steelers are going to shy away from someone who failed a Drug test at the biggest interview of his life?
I like Earl Thomas and will be happy if he's the pick,Kyle Wilson,Haden,Mcclain,Pouncey,Weatherspoon or Devin McCourtey. You can throw in Jared Odrick as well.

--- Added 3/29/2010 at 04:50 PM ---

:yellowthumb:
:yellowthumb: They need to add Quality OL and thats something they haven't done for years. The Oline isn't a sexy pick but look at the teams that took the OLINE picks the past few years. The Jets are the perfect example of getting talent on the O line and NOW they look like the Steelers of Old.

Yes but the Jets have always been so **** this past decade with 10th overall selections compared to 20th overall and beyond.

now we are in the position of a kinda low pick we have bigger needs.

Jeff Hartings wasn't even a steeler pick in the first round (lions). we never take o-line in the first round and really dont need to.

Last year was an opportunity to take a good offensive lineman in the draft and we passed them up like william beatty the only o-line man i was ever high on.

i bet we dont take o-line in first round. id place bets through pay pal.

--- Added 3/30/2010 at 05:38 AM ---

We know you dont like Pouncey but that doesnt make him a reach at 18. He # 18 on Mel Kipers big board & Mike Mayock said it would be a good pick. I like Earl Thomas but if your not smart enough to handle your business and be clean for the combine then you'll slip just like Percy did. It doesnt mean he's not good because HE IS.
We'll know whats up after his official visit with the Steelers.

mel kiper jr looks like a retarded scientist. he's made some retarded decisions over the year.

he is not top 20 material.

K Train
03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
pouncey is top 20 material without a doubt, hes right up there with mangold and the last few year. hes sex on turf, im telling you ive never seen a center so silky smooth in every aspect

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
pouncey is top 20 material without a doubt, hes right up there with mangold and the last few year. hes sex on turf, im telling you ive never seen a center so silky smooth in every aspect

I dont think so. I hope the Steelers dont select him or Iupati. I would rather watch the Lions play than see them Steelers

K Train
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
iupati i agree, we have guards, we even have guards playing tackle. we dont have a legit center, hartwig gave up the most sacks for a center 2 years in a row....pouncey would never do that. hes a pro bowler mark my words, you cant have every DT no matter if they suck or are elite (which we have a few within the divison) just blowing up the middle and bodyslamming ben. pouncey has value there. no doubt about it

andyg1984
03-30-2010, 01:37 PM
what is it about MP that takes him out of the top 20 ?

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 04:06 PM
what is it about MP that takes him out of the top 20 ?

it is wierd.. he is the #1 Center hes top 20, i still dont see all these OL players going the top 15, i think they have like 6 going before #18...

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 05:41 PM
i think we should trade up to jacksonville to get thomas, if they pass on him see if they can make a deal with denver, offer sweed in ect.

Big T
03-30-2010, 06:01 PM
i think we should trade up to jacksonville to get thomas, if they pass on him see if they can make a deal with denver, offer sweed in ect.

for starters, i dont think we would have to trade up that far...secondly, how much value do you think Sweed has? as of now he doesnt carry anything more than a 5th honestly...Dont get me wrong, Sweed os my dude and i think he will be a good player in the future but right now, he's just a second round bust....

Danger DANJ
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
This failed drug test thing worries me about Thomas. I still would draft him, but I feel he will be gone anyway before the 18th pick.

I would absolutely love Pouncey! Not sure why anyone else here would be against that pick. Hartwig is the worst starting center in the NFL. Upgrading him with Pouncey would make the O-Line so much better. I do feel Pouncey can be picked up anytime before the Colts pick, but why wait when you can just take him at 18. Trading down won't get much in the form of picks. We have plenty of picks as it is. I'd certainly take McClain or Wilson as well if Thomas is gone, but it's hard for me to pass on a franchise center... especially when your current center is so horrid.

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 07:20 PM
for starters, i dont think we would have to trade up that far...secondly, how much value do you think Sweed has? as of now he doesnt carry anything more than a 5th honestly...Dont get me wrong, Sweed os my dude and i think he will be a good player in the future but right now, he's just a second round bust....

i dunno everyone thinks the jags are gonna select him but i think they might pick derrick morgan?

then the dolphins they could select him but i think they go dan williams.

13... its the 49ers i think they could go o-line with iupati or someone else.... 14 seahawks could easily select him but got bigger needs.

15... giants wont waste of a pick with bigger needs

16... titans could select him a huge possibility but they ned new linebackers and defensive ends...

17.... 49ers again could take a shot at him but could easily take dez bryant if he's there now that alex smith is there man he's still young with 2 young wide recievers could establish a offense they longing to have since the 90's.... they could take spiller if available... maybe even kyle wilson he has shot up draft boards .

then us....

so between 10-18, 7 teams could think of a possibilty to select earl so imo we must trade up to get him, other than pittsburgh teams may still find sweed valuable.... i mean he made vince young look good in college maybe trade with the titans #16 to send him back licking youngs *******.... i dunno should shop him around... if not i would throw in the second rounds or others if needed since i think earl thomas would be the investment.

ill get flamed for this but i would throw in lawrence timmons into the trade mix, i dont think he will ever reach his potential with the team, hes playing too much out of position. it makes u wonder why we selected him when the jets selected in the second round a far better player david harris.

i wouldnt count a santonio holmes trade coming up since he may be gone like burress he might want to much money i mean we found a stud in wallace, as a third receiver his stats were astonishing even more as a steeler they hardly play rookies he was the 4th target 700 yards led the league in average with 40+ catches.

earl thomas would be by far our best pick in this draft through potential and versatility.

i love how mocks make us pass him up from us and that all the news is hes scheduled visits with the rams and the bungholes (who actually think they have a shot at him) and nothing about us.

how right are mock drafts these days, like 3 picks out of 32 on average from nfl.com and other places that call themselves "best at mock drafts"..... so it gives me hope that we can select him.... hell i pray every night we select him.... man what a combo of a secondary would polamalu and earl thomas be.

2006. Pick 32 Lendale White
2007. Pick 15 Adam Carriker (who the f*ck is he?)
2008. Pick 27 Jeff Otah
2009. Pick 32 Alex Mack

Look at the inaccuracies

andyg1984
03-31-2010, 12:08 AM
I dont think so. I hope the Steelers dont select him or Iupati. I would rather watch the Lions play than see them Steelers

I think what is being missed here to a certain extent is that we are one of the few teams in the league who are well stocked enough to take a C at 18. It just so happens that Pouncey is one of the best in the past few years and our C/RG spot is a mess to the point where we have difficultly closing games.

I would love Thomas at 18, but it is not going to happen .. Pouncey is a realistic pick .. we all would love some of these guys at 18 but it simply will not happen ..

DanRooney
03-31-2010, 05:08 AM
i dunno everyone thinks the jags are gonna select him but i think they might pick derrick morgan?

then the dolphins they could select him but i think they go dan williams.

13... its the 49ers i think they could go o-line with iupati or someone else.... 14 seahawks could easily select him but got bigger needs.

15... giants wont waste of a pick with bigger needs

16... titans could select him a huge possibility but they ned new linebackers and defensive ends...

17.... 49ers again could take a shot at him but could easily take dez bryant if he's there now that alex smith is there man he's still young with 2 young wide recievers could establish a offense they longing to have since the 90's.... they could take spiller if available... maybe even kyle wilson he has shot up draft boards .

then us....

so between 10-18, 7 teams could think of a possibilty to select earl so imo we must trade up to get him, other than pittsburgh teams may still find sweed valuable.... i mean he made vince young look good in college maybe trade with the titans #16 to send him back licking youngs *******.... i dunno should shop him around... if not i would throw in the second rounds or others if needed since i think earl thomas would be the investment.

ill get flamed for this but i would throw in lawrence timmons into the trade mix, i dont think he will ever reach his potential with the team, hes playing too much out of position. it makes u wonder why we selected him when the jets selected in the second round a far better player david harris.

i wouldnt count a santonio holmes trade coming up since he may be gone like burress he might want to much money i mean we found a stud in wallace, as a third receiver his stats were astonishing even more as a steeler they hardly play rookies he was the 4th target 700 yards led the league in average with 40+ catches.

earl thomas would be by far our best pick in this draft through potential and versatility.

i love how mocks make us pass him up from us and that all the news is hes scheduled visits with the rams and the bungholes (who actually think they have a shot at him) and nothing about us.

how right are mock drafts these days, like 3 picks out of 32 on average from nfl.com and other places that call themselves "best at mock drafts"..... so it gives me hope that we can select him.... hell i pray every night we select him.... man what a combo of a secondary would polamalu and earl thomas be.

2006. Pick 32 Lendale White
2007. Pick 15 Adam Carriker (who the f*ck is he?)
2008. Pick 27 Jeff Otah
2009. Pick 32 Alex Mack

Look at the inaccuracies

Trade Timmons, a former first round pick, to move up 5 spots in the draft? Please. First of all that's just plain stupid, and second of all trading him would leave a huge hole at ILB. Do you think Taunto Farrior can play another year after this season? Timmons is actually a blessing in disguise. If Woodley or Harrison were to get hurt, LeBeau would certainly replace them with Timmons and move Foote back into his position.

Tomlin didn't know Harrison was a beast and for good reason. That's why we drafted Timmons. Pittsburgh was aiming for Revis but the Jets jumped ahead of us and stole him.

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Trade Timmons, a former first round pick, to move up 5 spots in the draft? Please. First of all that's just plain stupid, and second of all trading him would leave a huge hole at ILB. Do you think Taunto Farrior can play another year after this season? Timmons is actually a blessing in disguise. If Woodley or Harrison were to get hurt, LeBeau would certainly replace them with Timmons and move Foote back into his position.

Tomlin didn't know Harrison was a beast and for good reason. That's why we drafted Timmons. Pittsburgh was aiming for Revis but the Jets jumped ahead of us and stole him.

yes i know the last paragraph and timmons isnt even a middle linebacker he's a horrible pick in the first round. he should be viewed as a bust. he was horrible against the run last year and only semi decent against the pass. i would much rather have david harris.

timmons isn't a blessing in disguise that is stupid lol what a pile of bullcrap thanks for the laugh. we havent done well in the draft for the past few years. in 2008 out of all our picks only 1 has turned out to be good, out of all the 2007 picks only one has turned out to be pro calibre.

i hated the timmons pick. the most retarded pick the steelers have ever done.

--- Added 3/31/2010 at 05:22 AM ---

I think what is being missed here to a certain extent is that we are one of the few teams in the league who are well stocked enough to take a C at 18. It just so happens that Pouncey is one of the best in the past few years and our C/RG spot is a mess to the point where we have difficultly closing games.

I would love Thomas at 18, but it is not going to happen .. Pouncey is a realistic pick .. we all would love some of these guys at 18 but it simply will not happen ..

pouncey could even be a titan pick at #16. they dont resign maewe who was too old and was a good center one the reasons why cj got his 2k.

yes it can be viewed as unrealistic pick but teams other than pittsburgh like the texans and the bungholes think they have a shot at him lmao. one retarded redskin fan thought he would go in the 2nd. idiot.

id much rather have kyle wilson because he is a more realistic pick but even so he may be selected by the titans or 49ers now.

i just hope we dont go o-line or joe haden in the first

andyg1984
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
titans have a guy ready to replace Mawae ... i like wilson too ..he can play for sure .. either pouncey or wilson are fine with me, i just think SF takes Wilson and Williams with their 2 picks in the 1st ..

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 08:34 AM
titans have a guy ready to replace Mawae ... i like wilson too ..he can play for sure .. either pouncey or wilson are fine with me, i just think SF takes Wilson and Williams with their 2 picks in the 1st ..

i stilll think we should trade up to avoid someone doing something like the Jets did to us back in 2007 which hurts us so much now because looking at revis. were almost in the middle of the draft. It's kinda a bad place to be because some trades might go on there

coldrolled
03-31-2010, 09:10 AM

Pouncey -- do we score more points with pouncey, help mendenhall, control the clock a bit more and improve red zone? pouncey will start at Guard? or Center?

Thomas & Troy -- do we stop more drives and stop more points each game.. does the defense score more and improve our Turnover ratio....

Wilson - do we help the defense more with a CB ready to go. help our turnover ratio and INT's....

The upside maybe Pouncey, last year we really wanted Wood or Mack. So its another year later, and here is a Center with power.

I go with Kyle Wilson or Pouncey....

Watch it will be Brandon Graham. Pressure the QB's and stop the passing game and relieve the pressure off the safties. Can Harrison move somewhere else on the field?

K Train
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
yes i know the last paragraph and timmons isnt even a middle linebacker he's a horrible pick in the first round. he should be viewed as a bust. he was horrible against the run last year and only semi decent against the pass. i would much rather have david harris.

timmons isn't a blessing in disguise that is stupid lol what a pile of bullcrap thanks for the laugh. we havent done well in the draft for the past few years. in 2008 out of all our picks only 1 has turned out to be good, out of all the 2007 picks only one has turned out to be pro calibre.

i hated the timmons pick. the most retarded pick the steelers have ever done.

timmons is the best pass rusher on the team, harrison and woodley are great with their power and leverage but timmons is terrifying when he goes after the QB, hes weak against the run, but harrison is the best ther is against the run so whatever ill take timmons pass coverage and pass rushing ability all day.

most retarded pick the steelers have ever had? did you watch the draft last year? evander ****ing hood? lol

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 12:42 PM
timmons is the best pass rusher on the team, harrison and woodley are great with their power and leverage but timmons is terrifying when he goes after the QB, hes weak against the run, but harrison is the best ther is against the run so whatever ill take timmons pass coverage and pass rushing ability all day.

most retarded pick the steelers have ever had? did you watch the draft last year? evander ****ing hood? lol

lol ziggy hood isn't that bad compared to lawrence timmons imo.

timmons has his good moments but is mediocre. i still dont understand why we drafted him when say there was michael griffin texas cornerback still on board, aaron ross, leon hall was a criminal in college so cancel him out.

hopefully this is the draft that we get all our draftees from rounds 1-5 that at least contribute to the team in a few years instead of the cant be f*cked attitude bruce davis had last season.

K Train
03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
evander hood is terrible.

Cb wasnt a need like it is now, mcfadden was a stud for us in his second or 3rd year, we were moving on from porter and needed an OLB, timmons is playing out of scheme but he does it well imo. No one knew harrison would be a beast, he would be even better on the inside since hes such a good block shedder and terror against the run. id be all for timmons and harrison inside and graham/woodley outside if it plays out like that.

hood was a dumb pick, urbik was a dumb pick, summers was a dumb pick, shipley was a dump pick, bruce davis was a dumb pick (avril still on the board they must have been high)....timmons had value there, he was no patrick willis, but hes a good player and far from a bust.

K Train
03-31-2010, 12:57 PM
whats with you not wanting oline or joe haden? our biggest needs are tackle, center and CB....closely followed by OLB, MLB, FS, and NT

joe haden is a good man coverage guy, something we dont have...hes best on a WRs hip. Anthony davis, trent williams, maurkice pouncey would all be great picks....iupati wouldnt

andyg1984
03-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Pouncey -- do we score more points with pouncey, help mendenhall, control the clock a bit more and improve red zone? pouncey will start at Guard? or Center?

Thomas & Troy -- do we stop more drives and stop more points each game.. does the defense score more and improve our Turnover ratio....

Wilson - do we help the defense more with a CB ready to go. help our turnover ratio and INT's....

The upside maybe Pouncey, last year we really wanted Wood or Mack. So its another year later, and here is a Center with power.

I go with Kyle Wilson or Pouncey....

Watch it will be Brandon Graham. Pressure the QB's and stop the passing game and relieve the pressure off the safties. Can Harrison move somewhere else on the field?

pouncey would be the C of the future, but may play RG his first year.. im not sure .. but he is outstanding in pass protection and his style would go SO freakin well with Kemo because of his footwork .. he picks stuff up very easily laterally .. a guy like pouncey would not almost lose the superbowl for us .. hint hint

BlackGold4vr
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
pouncey would be the C of the future, but may play RG his first year.. im not sure .. but he is outstanding in pass protection and his style would go SO freakin well with Kemo because of his footwork .. he picks stuff up very easily laterally .. a guy like pouncey would not almost lose the superbowl for us .. hint hint

I like the Pouncey pick a lot. Regardless of what the Earl Thomas fanclub might think, if he is the pick he hardly sees the field this year except for special teams. Maybe some nickel and dime packages if he is lucky. With a healthy Troy and a newly re-signed Clarke, Thomas would not unseat either one and therefore only add depth to the secondary along with Mundy, Burnette, Lewis, and whatever CB is drafted (yes, we will draft a CB). Center is a need and has been since Jeff Hartings retired. We have been grabbing centers off the scrap heap and it has not been working out to well in that department. Pouncey could cut his teeth this year at RG and next year take over at center. Adding this caliber of talent to the O-line is bound to pay dividends this season and for years to come! How often do dominant centers come along?

K Train
03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
as president of the earl thomas fan club (he was my man crush when him declaing were mere rumors) if thomas and pouncey are there at 18 you take thomas hands down. the steelers like him at CB (a waste imo but whatever still a premier talent) and he could easily be very effective as a rookie as the primary nickel CB and see the field alot and get a chance to make some plays before eventually taking over for the mediocre at best clark. just cause they signed clark doesnt mean hes their answer...thomas is an elite talent and would take his job and make clark nothing more than a tyrone carter replacement. but just because hes my man crush doesnt mean pouncey isnt....hes one of my 3 official man crushes of this class (thomas, pouncey and thaddeus gibson)

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
whats with you not wanting oline or joe haden? our biggest needs are tackle, center and CB....closely followed by OLB, MLB, FS, and NT

joe haden is a good man coverage guy, something we dont have...hes best on a WRs hip. Anthony davis, trent williams, maurkice pouncey would all be great picks....iupati wouldnt

I dont think haden is good enough for deep threat, i think kyle wilson will be the better pro player for example... he was also leading the nation in punt returns? so imo he has far more value than haden. but thats just my opinion. do i hate timmons? no but patience is running out on him i hope he has a beast of a year next year and proves me wrong.

--- Added 3/31/2010 at 12:38 PM ---

as president of the earl thomas fan club (he was my man crush when him declaing were mere rumors) if thomas and pouncey are there at 18 you take thomas hands down. the steelers like him at CB (a waste imo but whatever still a premier talent) and he could easily be very effective as a rookie as the primary nickel CB and see the field alot and get a chance to make some plays before eventually taking over for the mediocre at best clark. just cause they signed clark doesnt mean hes their answer...thomas is an elite talent and would take his job and make clark nothing more than a tyrone carter replacement. but just because hes my man crush doesnt mean pouncey isnt....hes one of my 3 official man crushes of this class (thomas, pouncey and thaddeus gibson)

that about clark. earl thomas is going to be a stud... you dont go to a team like texas and start straight away and start ballhawking quartersbacks from game 1. looking at the film he has very good instincs. if we had thomas polamalu would be even more free what to do. not to mention ryan can help thomas devleop jacking the **** out of boldin for the next couple of years.

BlackGold4vr
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM

I like Thomas and wouldn't be disappointed if they chose him. I also agree that eventually he would replace Clark but not this year unless an injury required it. Secondary is not a position that is easy to accel at right away in the NFL. Even talents like Darrelle Revis didn't really reach his potential until this year which was his third. After Pouncey is off the board there are no other centers who would be significantly better than what we have now. That would mean waiting another couple years to fix that position since we know even Pouncey probably wouldn't play there this year.

IMO we have 3 positions of need on the O-line. Starks sucks and I can't wait until he is gone! Hartwig is bottom tier amongst centers and we don't currently have a dominant right guard. I like Kemo and Colon is one of the better RT's in the league. Regardless of who we pick first we need to add a quality body to the O-line this year and next.

K Train
03-31-2010, 02:47 PM
thomas is so young as a RS sophomore...if he didnt see the field much for a year or 2 it would be worth it. mayock has him over berry as a safety and mayock is the best mainstream draft guy out there and hes particulally good at DBs, now i dont agree with thomas being over berry because berry is the best DB prospect ive seen in my lifetime, but thomas is the next best thing and thats saying something.

if we can draft evander hood who is terrible to sit on our bench until we part ways eventually, we can draft a future superstar in thomas and wait for him to develop into a monster stud. his range and closing speed and instinct teamed with troy could be legendary, hes like the perfect compliment

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Texas S Earl Thomas reportedly ran a 4.35 forty at the Longhorns' Pro Day on Wednesday.
Thomas ran in the 4.44-4.53 range in Indy, so this is an improvement. ESPN's Todd McShay noted that Thomas "so far has had the biggest day" of any Longhorn. Thomas seems unlikely to fall out of the top-20 picks this April.

goodbye to my prayers for praying every night we drafted him :(

--- Added 3/31/2010 at 12:49 PM ---

thomas is so young as a RS sophomore...if he didnt see the field much for a year or 2 it would be worth it. mayock has him over berry as a safety and mayock is the best mainstream draft guy out there and hes particulally good at DBs, now i dont agree with thomas being over berry because berry is the best DB prospect ive seen in my lifetime, but thomas is the next best thing and thats saying something.

if we can draft evander hood who is terrible to sit on our bench until we part ways eventually, we can draft a future superstar in thomas and wait for him to develop into a monster stud. his range and closing speed and instinct teamed with troy could be legendary, hes like the perfect compliment

yes that. tomlin needs to ****ing grow some balls, do his first trade up and dont be such a twat and take a gamble that will pay off instead of just drafting veteran college players

K Train
03-31-2010, 02:53 PM
yep, tomlin is a pussy. earl thomas very well might not be there at 18, but ive known that for a while....berry needs to slip to the browns, otherwise we have no chance at thomas imo because if berry goes before cleveland, haden will be the pick leaving only thomas as the next DB in line with some teams between 7-18 needing a S or CB

strong D
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
thomas is a stud but how high are u willing to move up

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
yep, tomlin is a pussy. earl thomas very well might not be there at 18, but ive known that for a while....berry needs to slip to the browns, otherwise we have no chance at thomas imo because if berry goes before cleveland, haden will be the pick leaving only thomas as the next DB in line with some teams between 7-18 needing a S or CB

theres still kyle wilson lol..... maybe taylor mays can tear up his usc time with a 4.2 hopefully lmao.

please tomlin trade up. it would benefit us all.

--- Added 3/31/2010 at 12:56 PM ---

thomas is a stud but how high are u willing to move up

possibly up to 12. if i was tomlin i would make a deal to jacksonville to get him.

10. jacksonville could take him but imo 12 sacks really mean they need pass rusher.

13-17. San Francisco - MAY WELL

16. tennnessee - FAGGOTS I HOPE NOT

15. gitans will go linebacker
14. seattle i dont think go free safety

It's like the pick we should of had in 2007 the shutdown corner darelle revis...

... this time we return the favor and trade infront of someone else and grab our version of a safety revis

JollyRob68
03-31-2010, 03:13 PM
TAke Pouncey its not a sexy pick but we need a quality lineman. He's the #1 center and #2 guard. Some have him as #1 guard. I like Thomas but Tomlin probably wont take him because of the failed Drug Test.REMEMBER he told Holmes to stay away from the building and didn't play him because Tomlin was pissed.
Hood is not a Bust and every-time he got on the field he got better and the team played better.

THe biggest loss last year was losing Aaron Smith. When Smith goes down we dont make the playoffs or are one and done. Our D Line are no spring chickens and we need to upgrade the front 7 and get a good CB. I think they will draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd. I wouldn't draft Thomas as a CB I'd want him as a Ball Hawking FS to replace clark. They already drafted Joe Burnett as the Nickel and they like him.

Timmons is a beast not a bust and will replace Harrison at OLB in a couple years unless were lucky enough to draft Thadeus Gibson who they're high on.

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 03:23 PM
TAke Pouncey its not a sexy pick but we need a quality lineman. He's the #1 center and #2 guard. Some have him as #1 guard. I like Thomas but Tomlin probably wont take him because of the failed Drug Test.REMEMBER he told Holmes to stay away from the building and didn't play him because Tomlin was pissed.
Hood is not a Bust and every-time he got on the field he got better and the team played better.

THe biggest loss last year was losing Aaron Smith. When Smith goes down we dont make the playoffs or are one and done. Our D Line are no spring chickens and we need to upgrade the front 7 and get a good CB. I think they will draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd. I wouldn't draft Thomas as a CB I'd want him as a Ball Hawking FS to replace clark. They already drafted Joe Burnett as the Nickel and they like him.

Timmons is a beast not a bust and will replace Harrison at OLB in a couple years unless were lucky enough to draft Thadeus Gibson who they're high on.

take your o-line crap elsewhere.

it has not been proven that he failed drug tests to why his stock fell during the owners week.

your plain hating on him now it's on the verge or boredom.

thomas is a far better player than pouncey.

if you havent read we have said he would probbaly play corner a few years and then move back to free safety.

who knows he could even beat out clark in the 2011 season.

Big T
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
So Train, you are president of the Earl Thomas Fan Club? Hmmm...We may need to have a vote in that haha....I was pimpin Earl Thomas out from way before he declared...maybe there can be a 50-50 spilt partnership haha....

All kidding aside...steeldawgswag, what the hell have you been smoking? Timmons was the most retarded pick ever? He's a bust? That's some horse ****....dudes a beast in blitzing and pass coverage...yes he needs some work against the run, but he wouldn't be a big deal if we drafted a thumper like McClain or Spikes....and what's this **** about not wanting Oline or Joe Haden? We know you don't like Joe Haden and the gators, but if the #1 corner is on the board at 18, i don't see how he's not the pick...and like Train was saying, Maurkice Pouncey, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis etc, would all be really good picks....

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Anthony Davis is lazy. No thanks.

All kidding aside...steeldawgswag, what the hell have you been smoking? Timmons was the most retarded pick ever? He's a bust? That's some horse ****....dudes a beast in blitzing and pass coverage...

He was a stupid pick. Lower picks are better than him like Davis Harris, Poulanluzy... and some 4-3 linebackers like Beason.

tburg68
03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
The Steelers need to pick the player they want at 18. I don't want to see a trade down. If they like Pouncey and he is there take him!

Trading up in the event Bulaga dropped to ten would make me very happy. Trading up to insure themselves of getting Thomas would be great also.

I just don't think trading down would make any sense.

coldrolled
03-31-2010, 04:51 PM
The Steelers need to pick the player they want at 18. I don't want to see a trade down. If they like Pouncey and he is there take him!

Trading up in the event Bulaga dropped to ten would make me very happy. Trading up to insure themselves of getting Thomas would be great also.

I just don't think trading down would make any sense.

We need to trade with the Bills at #9

at #10 Jacksonville.. read this:

10. Jacksonville Jaguars -- DB Earl Thomas, Texas: The Jags actually have needs at both safety positions, but this isn't about drafting for need -- it's about drafting for desperation. The extent of that desperation can be gauged by watching Reggie Nelson(notes) on the field. Slightly underrated as a corner/safety hybrid projection, Thomas is one of the best defensive playmakers in this draft class at any position. He led the nation with 24 passes defensed, and finished second with eight interceptions. Jacksonville has long been a home for physically talented DBs who couldn't read a quarterback's intentions if their lives depended on it. That changes with the selection of Thomas.

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 05:43 PM
We need to trade with the Bills at #9

at #10 Jacksonville.. read this:

10. Jacksonville Jaguars -- DB Earl Thomas, Texas: The Jags actually have needs at both safety positions, but this isn't about drafting for need -- it's about drafting for desperation. The extent of that desperation can be gauged by watching Reggie Nelson(notes) on the field. Slightly underrated as a corner/safety hybrid projection, Thomas is one of the best defensive playmakers in this draft class at any position. He led the nation with 24 passes defensed, and finished second with eight interceptions. Jacksonville has long been a home for physically talented DBs who couldn't read a quarterback's intentions if their lives depended on it. That changes with the selection of Thomas.

9 would be a reach for earl thomas.... make the trade with jaguars or broncos.... im pretty sure the jags wont select earl thomas because of his size and experience.

im pretty sure somehow he put onw ait at the combine to improve his stock then lost it to run fast at his pro day.

K Train
03-31-2010, 05:47 PM
So Train, you are president of the Earl Thomas Fan Club? Hmmm...We may need to have a vote in that haha....I was pimpin Earl Thomas out from way before he declared...maybe there can be a 50-50 spilt partnership haha....

All kidding aside...steeldawgswag, what the hell have you been smoking? Timmons was the most retarded pick ever? He's a bust? That's some horse ****....dudes a beast in blitzing and pass coverage...yes he needs some work against the run, but he wouldn't be a big deal if we drafted a thumper like McClain or Spikes....and what's this **** about not wanting Oline or Joe Haden? We know you don't like Joe Haden and the gators, but if the #1 corner is on the board at 18, i don't see how he's not the pick...and like Train was saying, Maurkice Pouncey, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis etc, would all be really good picks....

yeah youve been right there on the thomas wagon, ive loved him forever...i didnt think he would declare this year though, kind of surprised me.

tomlin needs to make the move, buffalo might be down especially if bulaga is off the board

K Train
03-31-2010, 05:52 PM
9 would be a reach for earl thomas.... make the trade with jaguars or broncos.... im pretty sure the jags wont select earl thomas because of his size and experience.

im pretty sure somehow he put onw ait at the combine to improve his stock then lost it to run fast at his pro day.

9 wouldnt be a reach, i dont thnk you can reach for a star player. if berry goes 7 and thomas goes 9 thats perfect, they are very similar players thomas is just younger. it wouldnt be like taking DHB who has no business in the 7 slot, it would be us making sure we jump ahead to grab our guy.

besides if i ranked the top 9 players i wanted this year for the steelers it would go like this

Suh
Berry
Okung
Bulaga
Thomas
Haden
Mcclain
Graham
Spiller

notice how theres no QBs, no gerald Mccoy, no WRs, no 43 DEs or LBs

it really narrows down the selections lol

K Train
03-31-2010, 06:00 PM
he tweaked his hammy at the pro day, HUGE red flag....hes got legitimate hammy concerns now and they can be devastating.

if i was any team besides the steelers i would be like F*CK THAT im not touching his *** before the 18th pick

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
he tweaked his hammy at the pro day, HUGE red flag....hes got legitimate hammy concerns now and they can be devastating.

if i was any team besides the steelers i would be like F*CK THAT im not touching his *** before the 18th pick

lol how about we dont give him over at the draft lol.

im begging tomlin to strongly consider him. i swear i dont care if this sounds stupid but i would love to have earl thomas and see the steelers not win the super bowl for another five years.

its the only draft pick i ever wanted.

goddamit why did wallace have to pull off that green bay catch and goddamit mason for dropping that ball grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

coldrolled
03-31-2010, 07:03 PM
lol how about we dont give him over at the draft lol.

im begging tomlin to strongly consider him. i swear i dont care if this sounds stupid but i would love to have earl thomas and see the steelers not win the super bowl for another five years.

its the only draft pick i ever wanted.

goddamit why did wallace have to pull off that green bay catch and goddamit mason for dropping that ball grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

funny,

but remember, we lost 5 games last year by 3 points.

pouncey may be the equation in the red zone to produce 4 or more points per game.

bam, we are 14 - 2

I like Kyle wilson and thomas too, dont get me wrong.

still rather have okung.. but pouncey is ok too.

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 07:48 PM
funny,

but remember, we lost 5 games last year by 3 points.

pouncey may be the equation in the red zone to produce 4 or more points per game.

bam, we are 14 - 2

I like Kyle wilson and thomas too, dont get me wrong.

still rather have okung.. but pouncey is ok too.

alot of those games and more were lost to defense.

week 2. week 3 and that stupid disgraceful losing streak

bam we could of gone 18-2.

Big T
03-31-2010, 07:58 PM
yeah youve been right there on the thomas wagon, ive loved him forever...i didnt think he would declare this year though, kind of surprised me.

tomlin needs to make the move, buffalo might be down especially if bulaga is off the board

ya i remember saying how much i wished texas would win the National Championship because i didnt think Earl Thomas would declare if they lost...I was suprised and absolutely thrilled when he declared....

I can really see us trading up this year...Im hoping Tomlin is a little pissed off about last season and I hope they dont settle for a player at 18...if there is a player they want, make a move....Im pretty sure I would give up our 2nd to move up for Earl...

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 08:05 PM
ya i remember saying how much i wished texas would win the National Championship because i didnt think Earl Thomas would declare if they lost...I was suprised and absolutely thrilled when he declared....

I can really see us trading up this year...Im hoping Tomlin is a little pissed off about last season and I hope they dont settle for a player at 18...if there is a player they want, make a move....Im pretty sure I would give up our 2nd to move up for Earl...

i would give up anyone wants barring polamalu.

i really hope he shows tomlin hes legit **** later next week. i know tomlin was a defensive backs coach so maybe he shows more love at defensive back than another position.

we almost let ryan clark go before he wanted to come back, so we didnt really want him back so i guess they were going to upgrade that position say example thomas.

theres even talk now thomas will be picked ahead of berry, maybe thats jsut fresh hype because he just ran a fast time.

i just dont want what happened in 2007 when we was going to get a great player then some twat like mangini trades up right infront of us. i hope we get our revis this year in thomas.

earl thomas declaring this year is a message of love by god.

with the texans losing the tie breaker of place and ect we wouldnt have a shot at earl thomas but now we do. next year he would be a top 10 pick.

i pray to god we select him if we dont i will cry and hate however we pick in sourness lol

Big T
03-31-2010, 09:19 PM
we almost let ryan clark go before he wanted to come back, so we didnt really want him back so i guess they were going to upgrade that position say example thomas.

Thats completely untrue....they wanted Ryan Clark back but didnt get a deal done before free agency began...Ryan Clark almost signed a deal with Miami but didnt because Mike Tomlin called him and told him they wanted him back...

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Thats completely untrue....they wanted Ryan Clark back but didnt get a deal done before free agency began...Ryan Clark almost signed a deal with Miami but didnt because Mike Tomlin called him and told him they wanted him back...

no ryan called them. he said he was in miami and wanted to "come home" because his family felt secure in pittsburgh.

the steelers didnt offer any deal to him beforehand said clark.

so dont tell me whats right and whats not when i looked it up before posting.

Big T
03-31-2010, 10:02 PM
no ryan called them. he said he was in miami and wanted to "come home" because his family felt secure in pittsburgh.

the steelers didnt offer any deal to him beforehand said clark.

so dont tell me whats right and whats not when i looked it up before posting.

Tomlin critical to Clark re-signing with Steelers
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Had he signed a contract with the Miami Dolphins, Ryan Clark said he was going to wear No. 43 for his new team, a salute to his safety partner for the past four years with the Steelers -- Troy Polamalu.

But, because of a timely and reassuring phone call from Mike Tomlin, Clark can go back to wearing his usual No. 25 jersey for the Steelers. And be glad when he finally gets to see No. 43 -- a rare sight for most of the 2009 season -- back in the Steelers' secondary.

Hours after signing a four-year, $14 million contract that included a $3 million signing bonus, Clark said Polamalu's absence led to a lot of problems on the Steelers' defense, including those endured by himself and other players in the secondary over a five-game losing streak.

"Obviously, we've got to have Troy," Clark said. "You can play it down as much as you want, and say the rest of us have to make plays. But Troy being out there gives us a unique look as a defense, gives coach [Dick] LeBeau opportunities to call different things. We definitely need to get him back."

The Steelers felt much the same way about Clark, especially after he visited with the Dolphins Monday.

Unarmed with even so much as a contract offer from the Steelers, Clark said he went to Miami intending to agree to a deal with the Dolphins. He was so sure he would sign with them he did not bother scheduling a visit with another National Football League team.

But, after receiving a contract offer from the Dolphins, Clark said he got a phone call from Tomlin and was told the Steelers were going to fight to keep him. Team president Art Rooney II and negotiator Omar Khan quickly put together a contract, and Clark immediately boarded a flight back to Pittsburgh, in effect, leaving the Dolphins standing at the altar.

"It was always the situation that I wanted to be here. ... I didn't want to leave," Clark said. "I think when it clicked for me, [when] I was in Miami, starting to talk contract money, and to have coach Tomlin call me and say, we're going to fight for you. To have coach LeBeau call me and say, 'I don't have control over negotiation, but don't let negotiations sour you to the point where you don't understand that we want you here.' That was big for me."

Clark said he didn't "use" the Dolphins to get a deal done with the Steelers.

And he said the Steelers' move to sign free-agent safety Will Allen to a three-year, $4.4 million contract earlier Monday had no impact on his decision. Clark said Tomlin told him a couple days earlier the Steelers were going to sign Allen, 27, who played six seasons in Tampa Bay, but not to be his replacement.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10069/1041460-66.stm

so...you were saying?

tburg68
03-31-2010, 10:28 PM

so...you were saying?

LOL. Can you say, "OWNED"?

10 Draft picks=TRADE UP. Bulaga or Thomas please.

coldrolled
03-31-2010, 10:42 PM
LOL. Can you say, "OWNED"?

10 Draft picks=TRADE UP. Bulaga or Thomas please.

Detroit wants out of #2.... i heard on espn.

Okung...

Big T
03-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Detroit wants out of #2.... i heard on espn.

You keep saying that....give that up...the steelers are not going to move up 16 spots, especially 16 spots to number 2....it would be a different story if they were at like 32 and decided to trade up to 16...it's not going to happen.

coldrolled
03-31-2010, 10:49 PM
You keep saying that....give that up...the steelers are not going to move up 16 spots, especially 16 spots to number 2....it would be a different story if they were at like 32 and decided to trade up to 16...it's not going to happen.

ok, so where are they trading up too....

who else is willing to move down. the lions have said they were willing...

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 10:52 PM

so...you were saying?

i read another one saying he told his agent to phone tomlin.

Big T
03-31-2010, 10:55 PM
i read another one saying he told his agent to phone tomlin.

Link?

scudmissile29
03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Link?

i dont have one but im pretty sure ed bischotte or someone wrote it up...

meanwhile my apoligies

Big T
03-31-2010, 11:20 PM
i dont have one but im pretty sure ed bischotte or someone wrote it up...

meanwhile my apoligies

haha its cool...

Captcoolhand
03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
haha its cool...:hehheh:

Big T
03-31-2010, 11:33 PM
:hehheh:

:stirpot:

Captcoolhand
03-31-2010, 11:42 PM
:stirpot:
Caught that did ya! :D

Big T
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Caught that did ya! :D

yes sir i did :lol:

Captcoolhand
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
You keep saying that....give that up...the steelers are not going to move up 16 spots, especially 16 spots to number 2....it would be a different story if they were at like 32 and decided to trade up to 16...it's not going to happen. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it take the Steelers to lose their 2nd round pick just to move up 16 spots. Why would you want to do that if you can maybe get 2 above average guys in 1st 2 rounds?:thinking:

Dobre Shunka
04-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Not going to move up to #2, the money alone would be enormous and if that particular pick goes south, you take a tremendous hit to the pocketbook. They're the Steelers and have earned the rep in doing the exact opposite. Even when they grabbed Ben and Troy, they did it out of the top ten, right?

My guess, they'll sit right where they're at and see who falls into their lap. I'm hoping for E Thomas, but realize he could be gone. You never know, he may be right there when we go and I say they pick him.

2 cents worth

JensK
04-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it take the Steelers to lose their 2nd round pick just to move up 16 spots. Why would you want to do that if you can maybe get 2 above average guys in 1st 2 rounds?:thinking:

http://www.gbnreport.com/tradevaluetable.html there is a table what the different picks are worth. With that being said, when we traded up for Polamalu, we got it way cheaper than what the trade actually was worth.

I Believe both Jaguars and probably Browns would want to trade. Both have so many needs, and i really think that players who they could use (passrush for both teams) can be had at 18. Sure, BRowns could use a hande/berry type of player, but they need passrush more than anything imo.

edit: Saw you guys already brought that up in the NFL forum... oops :)

coldrolled
04-01-2010, 07:33 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/tradevaluetable.html there is a table what the different picks are worth. With that being said, when we traded up for Polamalu, we got it way cheaper than what the trade actually was worth.

I Believe both Jaguars and probably Browns would want to trade. Both have so many needs, and i really think that players who they could use (passrush for both teams) can be had at 18. Sure, BRowns could use a hande/berry type of player, but they need passrush more than anything imo.

edit: Saw you guys already brought that up in the NFL forum... oops :)

I have heard some noise that tampa may want to move down.

nothing on the browns or jags in the news about moving down.

dont the browns have like 12 picks?

scudmissile29
04-01-2010, 10:40 AM
I have heard some noise that tampa may want to move down.

nothing on the browns or jags in the news about moving down.

dont the browns have like 12 picks?

yes. but they wouldnt trade with us, i bet holmgren is still bitter anyway

--- Added 4/1/2010 at 08:41 AM ---

Pittsburgh Steelers draft digest: Safety Earl Thomas meets with Kevin Colbert after Pro Day workout

AUSTIN, TX - The Steelers conducted more interviews with potential draft picks at the UPMC facility on Wednesday as five players, including Kyle Wilson as reported Tuesday, along with cornerbacks Nolan Carroll of Maryland, Kareem Jackson of Alabama, Alabama-Birmingham wide receiver Joe Webb and Marshall linebacker Albert McClellan

But the big news was the fact they had key representatives at the University of Texas Pro Day including Director of Football operations Kevin Colbert and Hall of Famer Mean Joe Greene.

According to a source from the school, both also met with a player the Steelers would love see around when they select with the 18th pick, safety Earl Thomas. A league source also told Examiner.com that in addition to meeting with the Steeler reps, the team scheduled him for one of their prospect visits in the near future.

Thomas, who played just two years recorded 135 tackles, 10 interceptions, 21 passes defended, and five forced fumbles during his career at Texas. Last year though he was spectacular.

All he did was grab eight interceptions, returning two for touchdowns.

Thomas tweaked a hamstring so he did not participate in positional drills during the afternoon, but took part in the vertical and broad jumps, bench press and 40-yard dash where he was clocked at 4.37, and event he originally had no plans of doing.

"I let the scouts get under my skin,'' Thomas said. "They kept asking me about running, and I'm a competitive guy. When I saw everyone else running, it got me pumped up. I wasn't planning on it, but the next thing you know, I was doing it."

Even thought he had just a 32 inch vertical leap and missed position drills, Thomas only helped his cause with his time, something teams seem to rely heavily on come draft day.

"I think I helped myself in every possible way I could, but we'll see when draft day gets here," Thomas said. " I was going to do everything over again, to show everyone I am competitive. But when the hamstring came, I had to take it easy and get it better."

Thomas is known for his ball hawk skills and he delivers punishing hits much like Troy Polamalu. While Tennesee's Eric Berry gets most of the publicity as top safeties this year, Thomas despite his limited experience on the college level has great instincts and his football IQ is strong.

"I haven’t heard anything negative about me besides my size," Thomas said Wednesday. "But when I was measured at 202 and 5-10.5, that all went away. We are all great athletes, so whoever falls in love with us, that’s who will take us."

Thomas is not a finished product, but with the depth the Steelers have at safety, with a little mentoring he could be one of the best in the game.

Career Stats at Texas (2 years):
97 Solo Tackles
38 Assisted Tackles
8.5 Tackles for a Loss
10 Interceptions
21 Passes Defended
Two Touchdowns
Five Forced Fumbles
One Blocked Kick

STEELER NOTEBOOK - The team announced its pre season schedule today and Chris Adamski has more information about this. The Steelers open against the Lions and play on nationally televised game in Denver.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?p=339326#post339326

Brothers i just ejaculated. Having Key Represenatives at pro day means they like the dude. Continue to pray for mini polamalu to be among our roster come 3 weeks

K Train
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
i just came

tomlin hates me though, why would he draft earl thomas when he clearly hates me?

coldrolled
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
i just came

tomlin hates me though, why would he draft earl thomas when he clearly hates me?

Maybe the film of the hamstring will make earl drop to us...

it is amazing that everyone we like is getting picked ahead of us.

theres like 2-3 QB's and 14-15 other players before our pick.

that leaves us with at least 7 of the great players hitting 18.

they cant all get picked... yesterday on nfl.com i heard now that wilson, thomas, haden, berry, graham, weatherspoon(NY), pouncey, are all looking like top 15

so if that would be, who is sliding down????

K Train
04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Maybe the film of the hamstring will make earl drop to us...

it is amazing that everyone we like is getting picked ahead of us.

theres like 2-3 QB's and 14-15 other players before our pick.

that leaves us with at least 7 of the great players hitting 18.

they cant all get picked... yesterday on nfl.com i heard now that wilson, thomas, haden, berry, graham, weatherspoon(NY), pouncey, are all looking like top 15

so if that would be, who is sliding down????

well think about it.

bradford and clausen are locks (2)
suh and mccoy are locks (4)
berry is a lock (5)
Bulaga and okung are locks (7)

thats 7 locks i feel very confident will be gone top 10

next there is guys who will most likely be gone

Haden probably since hes the top corner (8)
Mcclain (9)
2 top DEs JPP and Morgan (11)
Dan williams (top NT) (12)

Fast Risers
Wilson (13)
Pouncey(14)
Thomas (15)
Weatherspoon(16)
Bruce Campbell(17)
Charles Brown(18)

steady Stock:
Trent Williams(19)
Spiller(20)

Fallers
Anthony Davis(21)
Taylor Mays(22)
Dez Bryant(23)

see it just depends on what teams need/are looking for. what would benefit us is the browns taking berry, the raiders making a dumbass pick, the jags trading out with someone that doesnt want thomas or haden, seattle taking USC players (mays, brown)....all these things/reaches would help us lol

coldrolled
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
well think about it.

berry is a lock (5)

Mcclain (9)

Fast Risers
Wilson (13)
Pouncey(14)
Thomas (15)
Weatherspoon(16)
Bruce Campbell(17)
Charles Brown(18)

steady Stock:
Trent Williams(19)
Spiller(20)

Fallers
Anthony Davis(21)
Taylor Mays(22)
Dez Bryant(23)

see it just depends on what teams need/are looking for. what would benefit us is the browns taking berry, the raiders making a dumbass pick, the jags trading out with someone that doesnt want thomas or haden, seattle taking USC players (mays, brown)....all these things/reaches would help us lol

i like this approach......

plug in Brandon Graham, Everson Griffin, Mike Iupati too.
see how you work that in.

berry is a lock (5)

Mcclain (9)

Fast Risers
Wilson (13)
Pouncey(14)
Thomas (15)
Weatherspoon(16)
Bruce Campbell(17)
Charles Brown(18)

steady Stock:
Trent Williams(19)
Spiller(20)

Fallers
Anthony Davis(21)
Taylor Mays(22)
Dez Bryant(23)

K Train
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM
missed graham and iupati....id put them both in steady stock....15-25 for both of them.

griffen is a forgotten beast of this class, but hes also an underachiever

i dont think thomas being there is in our favor....but all it takes is a dumb pick by the raiders, hawks or bills or just someone just simply opting for a position of bigger need (miami with NT) (denver with LB) (sf with RT and RB) (jacksonville with DE)

JollyRob68
04-01-2010, 01:37 PM
take your o-line crap elsewhere.

it has not been proven that he failed drug tests to why his stock fell during the owners week.

your plain hating on him now it's on the verge or boredom.

thomas is a far better player than pouncey.

if you havent read we have said he would probbaly play corner a few years and then move back to free safety.

who knows he could even beat out clark in the 2011 season.

The only person hating on anybody is you against Pouncey and anyone who says anything about Earl Thomas.
I like Earl Thomas but I live in reality and based on what has happened with Percy Harvin Slipping in last years draft, Tomlin livid at Santonio Holmes (FOR POT)that he told him to stay away from the building. The Steelers wont draft him. Should they Hell yeah they're going to need a Ball Hawking Talented Player in case Troy goes down,Clark has a repeat of last season and incase we goto Denver during reg season or playoffs. He would make The Steelers BETTER. YOUR THE ONLY HATER ON THIS BOARD.

scudmissile29
04-01-2010, 01:48 PM
The only person hating on anybody is you against Pouncey and anyone who says anything about Earl Thomas.
I like Earl Thomas but I live in reality and based on what has happened with Percy Harvin Slipping in last years draft, Tomlin livid at Santonio Holmes that he told him to stay away from the building. The Steelers wont draft him. Should they Hell yeah they're going to need a Ball Hawking Talented Player in case Troy goes down,Clark has a repeat of last season and incase we goto Denver during reg season or playoffs. He would make The Steelers BETTER. YOUR THE ONLY HATER ON THIS BOARD.

thomas has not been took guilty yet of failign the drugs test. How do you know they wont draft shut up you make me sick with your stupid rants like the mcnabb one. how pathetic that was weak. yea who cares what holmes did then he almost singlehandley brought us the super bowl with his three performences.

I'm not hating on Pouncey it's reality he isn't a top 20 pick. If we did not pick him he would fall all the way till the Colts and maybe even into the second round.

so go make some more interesting trades up for us please. :bunny:

JensK
04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
thomas has not been took guilty yet of failign the drugs test. How do you know they wont draft shut up you make me sick with your stupid rants like the mcnabb one. how pathetic that was weak. yea who cares what holmes did then he almost singlehandley brought us the super bowl with his three performences.

I'm not hating on Pouncey it's reality he isn't a top 20 pick. If we did not pick him he would fall all the way till the Colts and maybe even into the second round.

I think your board is pretty much the only one who aint got pouncey in top 20. HE is a legit top 20 talent. WIth that being said, he may fall out of top 20, but that does not mean he isnt a top 20 pick.

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
few things

thomas didnt fail a drug test

pouncey is a top 20 talent hands down

hes not the only hater on the board i literally hate most things

JensK
04-01-2010, 02:07 PM
few things

thomas didnt fail a drug test

pouncey is a top 20 talent hands down

hes not the only hater on the board i literally hate most things

with almost 11k posts we are getting used to it though...

Failed drugtest or not, i doubt Thomas will last til 18 if draft was today

JollyRob68
04-01-2010, 02:12 PM

I'll give you this Swag, When you like someone you stick to your guns.
NOW, Pouncey is in the top 20 he's at 18 on Mel Kipers Big Board. Gery Dulac of The post Gazette said Steelers are high on Pouncey. Experts also made the same statement about McNabb( i know you hate that one) but its a thought not a fact but something to consider if BEn ever got charged. I'm for Giving the keys to Dixon and watching him Drive. But if Dixon played poorly & Batch got injured on the first play again. Everyone would be kicking themselves in the *** whining Why didn't we take McNabb we're still in our window?
Keep em Coming buddy stay true to you as I will for me.:stirpot:

--- Added 4/1/2010 at 12:12 PM ---

with almost 11k posts we are getting used to it though...

Failed drugtest or not, i doubt Thomas will last til 18 if draft was today

LOL:banana:
Hey it was Swag who said he did.
If Thomas didn't Fail the drug test then Swag and I have nothing to debate over, well except McNabb & Pouncey. ROFLMAO

IF no Failed drug test I retract any negative comments about Thomas. Wait I didn't make any I said Hell yeah HE'll make the Steelers better.:yellowthumb:

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
dont use kiper, hes a ****ing tard

coldrolled
04-01-2010, 02:21 PM
missed graham and iupati....id put them both in steady stock....15-25 for both of them.

griffen is a forgotten beast of this class, but hes also an underachiever

i dont think thomas being there is in our favor....but all it takes is a dumb pick by the raiders, hawks or bills or just someone just simply opting for a position of bigger need (miami with NT) (denver with LB) (sf with RT and RB) (jacksonville with DE)

Hawks or Bills may take the third QB.... Colt McCoy that would help us...

i think he will end up better than Clausen after sometime...

like BA would say. Clausen will get broke in half....

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:23 PM
mccoy is gonna have a hard time being an NFL QB, hes chad pennington with wheels....he is very accurate but has a noodle arm and small frame. I think he would be a good patriot...i think tebow is the 3rd QB off the board even though he shouldnt be a QB lol

JollyRob68
04-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Heres a trade for you Swag tell me what you think.

Steelers Trade Santonio Holmes to Miami for their 1st rounder and Ted Ginn jr or trade to move up in the top 10.
Heres why
Santonio Holmes, Woodley & Ike Taylor are all in the last Year of their contracts.

They can only franchise 1 which one do you franchise,who do you try to sign now & who do you let walk or trade in this years draft?
They're going to try and sign Woodley after the draft or will Franchise him, I don think they'll rush to sign Ike Taylor and Tomlin's pissed at Holmes( Holmes not helping with his tweeting) with his run ins although the other 2 have been dismissed and He's being set up on this last one.

--- Added 4/1/2010 at 12:27 PM ---

LAst night on The radio they said it was Todd McShay who was the ****ing tard.LOL
Good one K Train

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM

Steelers Trade Santonio Holmes to Miami for their 1st rounder and Ted Ginn jr or trade to move up in the top 10.
Heres why
Santonio Holmes, Woodley & Ike Taylor are all in the last Year of their contracts.

They can only franchise 1 which one do you franchise,who do you try to sign now & who do you let walk or trade in this years draft?
They're going to try and sign Woodley after the draft or will Franchise him, I don think they'll rush to sign Ike Taylor and Tomlin's pissed at Holmes( Holmes not helping with his tweeting) with his run ins although the other 2 have been dismissed and He's being set up on this last one.

if the kid off'd himself because of holmes it would be a story

no ****ing way would i be behind trading our best WR to land a safety, no matter how much i love earl thomas you dont trade away a (young) superbowl MVP WR for an unproven rookie, that could leave our offense in shambles. They will sign woodley and holmes long term, i cant see ike being hard to extend either. i doubt they have to franchise any of them

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Heres why

LAst night on The radio they said it was Todd McShay who was the ****ing tard.LOL
Good one K Train
i like mayock most of the time but i like having my own opinions....this year mayock has gerald mccoy #1 prospect overall and berry #10...thats criminal

coldrolled
04-01-2010, 02:34 PM
mccoy is gonna have a hard time being an NFL QB, hes chad pennington with wheels....he is very accurate but has a noodle arm and small frame. I think he would be a good patriot...i think tebow is the 3rd QB off the board even though he shouldnt be a QB lol

at #18 we get Pouncey at #52 we get Patrick Robinson

or

at #18 we get Graham at #52 we get Jon Asamoah

or

at #18 we get Lucky and get Thomas and #52 we get Thadeus Gibson

JollyRob68
04-01-2010, 02:34 PM
i like mayock most of the time but i like having my own opinions....this year mayock has gerald mccoy #1 prospect overall and berry #10...thats criminal

I like Mayock as well and Agree with having my own opinion. Berry is defiantly top 6.

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM

All for it...robinson has the most #1 CB potential of this class imo, hes just 2 years away

**** asamoah, love graham though

this makes me feel all funny and tingly inside

JollyRob68
04-01-2010, 02:37 PM

or

or

NICE :yellowthumb:, how about Kareem Jackson over Robinson or do you think Jackson will be gone before 52.

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I like Mayock as well and Agree with having my own opinion. Berry is defiantly top 6.

if by top 6 prospect you mean top 2, then yes i agree lol

Berry-Suh
Suh-Berry

idc how you put it, they are the 2 best players in the draft regardless of position imo

K Train
04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
NICE :yellowthumb:, how about Kareem Jackson over Robinson or do you think Jackson will be gone before 52.

i think jackson and mcourty will be corners 3 and 4 off the board before we get to 52

coldrolled
04-01-2010, 02:51 PM

i thought that too, but it could be which one is left for us?

scudmissile29
04-01-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't like Kareem Jackson but i like Robinson.

K Train
04-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't like Kareem Jackson but i like Robinson.

i like jackson alot, and him playing in the 34 in college will only help him. robinson wil be nothing more than a 4th or 5th CB as a rookie which is fine with me because he will be better than Bmac imo

scudmissile29
04-01-2010, 03:19 PM

Heres why

Good one K Train

that is a trade i have been thinking about... I don't know how much Rooney enjoys reading his players tweeting that a fan should go die lmao. i think wallace will be better than holmes in the near future anyway.

I expect Woodley to be resigned before the start of the season. I don't think Ike will be brought back. At least not to start. If woodley isnt resigned something is seriously wrong with the rooneys

JollyRob68
04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
that is a trade i have been thinking about... I don't know how much Rooney enjoys reading his players tweeting that a fan should go die lmao. i think wallace will be better than holmes in the near future anyway.

I expect Woodley to be resigned before the start of the season. I don't think Ike will be brought back. At least not to start. If woodley isnt resigned something is seriously wrong with the rooneys

I have to say I thought you were going to get me on this one:lol: But your right about resigning Woodley. He is the present & Future and who knows how much longer Harrison has with age and the physical style he plays( gets held/choked). We need to groom CB and LB's then they can move Timmons to OLB unless everything clicks this year.
For Real, Thomas is a Ball Hawking Beast and I'd jump for joy if he slipped to us at 18. Him or Pouncey however I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans take Pouncey since they haven't resigned Kevin Mawae.

scudmissile29
04-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I have to say I thought you were going to get me on this one:lol: But your right about resigning Woodley. He is the present & Future and who knows how much longer Harrison has with age and the physical style he plays( gets held/choked). We need to groom CB and LB's then they can move Timmons to OLB unless everything clicks this year.
For Real, Thomas is a Ball Hawking Beast and I'd jump for joy if he slipped to us at 18. Him or Pouncey however I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans take Pouncey since they haven't resigned Kevin Mawae.

mawae was a beast i dont understand why they didnt resign him he was a beast of a center. i've already said i bet they take pouncey but someone said they got a backup but when i look at the backup he never played before and is a late round selection (pretty sure for insurance and chris johnson is the key to the future for them)

i still would try a trade with jaguars,seahawks,dolphins,titans to get earl. it wont hurt sending them someone ****** like sweed or our second round selection.

im sure ill get flamed for that there is 10 picks we got and we wont use them all to make the 53 so its a waste so trade some to get one of the best instict safeties for many years. yes there is alot of depth but there is also a fine line between earl thomas and the next best free safety a huge gap.

andyg1984
04-01-2010, 04:38 PM
they like harris .. coach fish knows his stuff when it comes to talent evaluation

scudmissile29
04-01-2010, 04:46 PM
they like harris .. coach fish knows his stuff when it comes to talent evaluation

who is coach fish? i thought he was called fisher.

Harris sucks. Mawae was a beast. Harris will do a crap job

btw harris is a guard not a center.

K Train
04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
i think the titans either take dan williams (a local tennessee DT, just like haynesworth was) or a DE (graham, JPP, Morgan...)

scudmissile29
04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
i think the jags go haden or defensive line.

JollyRob68
04-02-2010, 12:13 PM
mawae was a beast i dont understand why they didnt resign him he was a beast of a center. i've already said i bet they take pouncey but someone said they got a backup but when i look at the backup he never played before and is a late round selection (pretty sure for insurance and chris johnson is the key to the future for them)

i still would try a trade with jaguars,seahawks,dolphins,titans to get earl. it wont hurt sending them someone ****** like sweed or our second round selection.

im sure ill get flamed for that there is 10 picks we got and we wont use them all to make the 53 so its a waste so trade some to get one of the best instict safeties for many years. yes there is alot of depth but there is also a fine line between earl thomas and the next best free safety a huge gap.

If they dangle Holmes to anyone in the top 10 they can almost assure themselves of Getting Thomas unless the rest of the field is stupid and Berry Slipped(no way that happens).
LAst NIght on the radio they were talking about The 49ers should take McNabb and Brandon Marshall to put them over the top. I said take McNAbb for a 2nd & 5th(or 4th)and then Holmes for a 1st that would be better (for us & them). However I think the Steelers would ask for a 1 & 3 and want their # 13th pick.

I'd shop him to Denver & Seattle after the people in the Top 10.(Seattle will not give up the 6st for MArshall but how about for Holmes?)

scudmissile29
04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
If they dangle Holmes to anyone in the top 10 they can almost assure themselves of Getting Thomas unless the rest of the field is stupid and Berry Slipped(no way that happens).
LAst NIght on the radio they were talking about The 49ers should take McNabb and Brandon Marshall to put them over the top. I said take McNAbb for a 2nd & 5th(or 4th)and then Holmes for a 1st that would be better (for us & them). However I think the Steelers would ask for a 1 & 3 and want their # 13th pick.

I'd shop him to Denver & Seattle after the people in the Top 10.(Seattle will not give up the 6st for MArshall but how about for Holmes?)

Seattle would be a good destination if thomas was still left... but i think there still too sour... always whining lmao

coldrolled
04-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Seattle would be a good destination if thomas was still left... but i think there still too sour... always whining lmao

this changes one CB pick ahead of us...

The Philadelphia Eagles have traded veteran cornerback Sheldon Brown and restricted free agent linebacker Chris Gocong to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for linebacker Alex Hall, and a fourth (105th overall) and fifth-round pick (137th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft.

scudmissile29
04-02-2010, 02:49 PM
this changes one CB pick ahead of us...

The Philadelphia Eagles have traded veteran cornerback Sheldon Brown and restricted free agent linebacker Chris Gocong to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for linebacker Alex Hall, and a fourth (105th overall) and fifth-round pick (137th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft.

so u think they wont go after berry?

coldrolled
04-02-2010, 02:55 PM
so u think they wont go after berry?

they need a pass rush, they can have 6 safeties on the field but without a good pass rush the safeties are doomed. browns have needs. not sure the saftey comes before the pass rush. they let wimbley go too. thats wierd, he was a #1

--- Added 4/2/2010 at 12:55 PM ---

dallas releases these two today....

both on our list of needs..

Cowboys To Release Ken Hamlin, Flozell Adams
The Dallas Cowboys will release safety Ken Hamlin and left tackle Flozell Adams today, Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News reports.

scudmissile29
04-02-2010, 03:01 PM
NO NO NO TO HAMLIN NO.

WHY ARE YOU THINKING OF HAMLING WHAT THE F*CK

K Train
04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
like they would ever consider flo lol, the man is setting records with fines

coldrolled
04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
NO NO NO TO HAMLIN NO.

WHY ARE YOU THINKING OF HAMLING WHAT THE F*CK

its just fresh news for the taking.... i dont suggest anything.....

scudmissile29
04-02-2010, 04:08 PM
its just fresh news for the taking.... i dont suggest anything.....

lol alright then u was scaring me

tburg68
04-02-2010, 06:21 PM

The Idiot Kiper has Bulaga going in the mid 20's. I swear if Bulaga is available at 18(which there is NO way of that happening), and the Steelers don't take him, I will drive to draft headquarters and personally punch Tomlin in the face!

NO WAY THE STEELERS ARE TRADING BIG BEN OR HOLMES!!!!!!! STOP WITH THE STUPID TRADE SCENARIOS!

K Train
04-02-2010, 06:24 PM
the only trade scenario i see happening is this

**** you K Train Scenario:

They make me wait hours until the #18 pick comes up as i slowly see teams not only pick off my favorite players, but jump us and take them.

then when 18 comes around, we wait 9 minutes and 45 seconds and then we get a notice from roger goodell that we traded it away

scudmissile29
04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
if we by gods grace select earl thomas we should dedicate a earl thomas draft day day for him lol free holiday to celebrate a great pick. something we haven't quite had in the first round for a while 2006.

JollyRob68
04-02-2010, 06:38 PM
The Idiot Kiper has Bulaga going in the mid 20's. I swear if Bulaga is available at 18(which there is NO way of that happening), and the Steelers don't take him, I will drive to draft headquarters and personally punch Tomlin in the face!

NO WAY THE STEELERS ARE TRADING BIG BEN OR HOLMES!!!!!!! STOP WITH THE STUPID TRADE SCENARIOS!

Dude go kick rocks:bunny:
Lets skip the Ben talk but hear me out on Holmes.
They have 3 players in the last year of their contract. Woodley,Holmes & Taylor. THey can Franchise one if they dont get them signed before the Season starts. I'm franchising my OLB WOODLEY! Ike I would try to sign or could let him go. Holmes is going to want big money(super Bowl MVP) Steelers wont pay him big money and are pissed that he is an idiot who continues to get into trouble.( all charges dropped, now last one wants to prosecute and We all know he's being set up on that one) Never the less, He has trade value and can get you a top 10 pick or a first round pick.

With said Pick The Steelers(in the top ten) are in position to get a Quality OL, Rolando Mcclain,Joe HAden, Eric Berry or Earl Thomas. THen can use the 18th pick on POuncey or MOve back acquire an additional 2nd rounder and select BEst available or CB,WR or DL. NOW WHATS YOUR ISSUE WITH THAT:imho:

--- Added 4/2/2010 at 04:38 PM ---

They make me wait hours until the #18 pick comes up as i slowly see teams not only pick off my favorite players, but jump us and take them.

then when 18 comes around, we wait 9 minutes and 45 seconds and then we get a notice from roger goodell that we traded it away

ROFLMAO

tburg68
04-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Dude go kick rocks:bunny:
Lets skip the Ben talk but hear me out on Holmes.
They have 3 players in the last year of their contract. Woodley,Holmes & Taylor. THey can Franchise one if they dont get them signed before the Season starts. I'm franchising my OLB WOODLEY! Ike I would try to sign or could let him go. Holmes is going to want big money(super Bowl MVP) Steelers wont pay him big money and are pissed that he is an idiot who continues to get into trouble.( all charges dropped, now last one wants to prosecute and We all know he's being set up on that one) Never the less, He has trade value and can get you a top 10 pick or a first round pick.

With said Pick The Steelers(in the top ten) are in position to get a Quality OL, Rolando Mcclain,Joe HAden, Eric Berry or Earl Thomas. THen can use the 18th pick on POuncey or MOve back acquire an additional 2nd rounder and select BEst available or CB,WR or DL. NOW WHATS YOUR ISSUE WITH THAT:imho:

--- Added 4/2/2010 at 04:38 PM ---

ROFLMAO

Stupid stupid stupid. You don't trade one of the top five receivers in football(a first round pick who is already a SuperBowl MVP) that hasn't reached his prime yet for a HOPEFULLY good draft pick. That is stupid no matter how you slice it. I could read your arguement 50 times. Guess what, 50 times it's stupid.

Captcoolhand
04-02-2010, 06:47 PM

then when 18 comes around, we wait 9 minutes and 45 seconds and then we get a notice from roger goodell that we traded it awayyou're an *******,

you forgot to say we take someome that should go in 2nd round and we took them...:duh:

JollyRob68
04-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Stupid stupid stupid. You don't trade one of the top five receivers in football(a first round pick who is already a SuperBowl MVP) that hasn't reached his prime yet for a HOPEFULLY good draft pick. That is stupid no matter how you slice it. I could read your arguement 50 times. Guess what, 50 times it's stupid.

So your for letting him walk and getting nothing in return?
You can ONLY FRANCHISE ONE! WHO DO YOU FRANCHISE WOODLEY,HOLMES OR TAYLOR?

K Train
04-02-2010, 06:51 PM
you sign them all long term lol

JollyRob68
04-02-2010, 06:55 PM
you sign them all long term lol

LOL, Ok That works but will they? and IF you had to choose then Who?

scudmissile29
04-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Holmes will demand massive amounts of money just look at his tweets

LMAO GRINDIN ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

Rooney sure aint next year lmao

K Train
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
holmes will take a fair deal, theres not reason for him not to

if i had to choose i say sign woodley, franchise holmes and let ike walk, but ike wont be pricey so i dont see that happeing

tburg68
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
So your for letting him walk and getting nothing in return?
You can ONLY FRANCHISE ONE! WHO DO YOU FRANCHISE WOODLEY,HOLMES OR TAYLOR?

This is a perfect example of stupid. Why do you ASSume that none of these players are extended, and one of them has to be franchised. I see Holmes and Woodley being extended for sure, and probably Taylor too. I doubt Ike is thought of as an elite shut down corner by many teams. If someone would come along and give him an obscene contract, I could live without him.

JollyRob68
04-03-2010, 01:16 AM
This is a perfect example of stupid. Why do you ASSume that none of these players are extended, and one of them has to be franchised. I see Holmes and Woodley being extended for sure, and probably Taylor too. I doubt Ike is thought of as an elite shut down corner by many teams. If someone would come along and give him an obscene contract, I could live without him.

Stupidity is you cant follow simple instructions.

Why assume? well they just let Casey Hampton go the Season unsigned with no replacement on board and the same for Ryan Clark without a quality replacement and with Troy being injury prone.
SO They've done so in the past and thats why It's Assumed
Can they sign them all sure they can but none of us know how they feel about Ike & Holmes. Well On PG plus they say the Rooney's are pissed at both BEn & Santonio and tired of looking like the bengal's!

tburg68
04-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Stupidity is you cant follow simple instructions.

Why assume? well they just let Casey Hampton go the Season unsigned with no replacement on board and the same for Ryan Clark without a quality replacement and with Troy being injury prone.
SO They've done so in the past and thats why It's Assumed
Can they sign them all sure they can but none of us know how they feel about Ike & Holmes. Well On PG plus they say the Rooney's are pissed at both BEn & Santonio and tired of looking like the bengal's!

I couldn't prove MY point better than you did. LOL Your examples are of two guys who signed MULTI-YEAR contracts!!!!! Do you read your own posts? If you are given instructions, I'm doing the opposite.

scudmissile29
04-03-2010, 06:45 AM

your stupid.

who says holmes with agree to the deal and not want more. Hell hopefully not but what if Woodley wants a deal similar to Harrison then we are screwed salary wise.

You have no space to talk about the contracts.

who do you think you are. you need to be taken down a few nots. maybe hang out with pacman for abit.

tburg68
04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
your stupid.

who says holmes with agree to the deal and not want more. Hell hopefully not but what if Woodley wants a deal similar to Harrison then we are screwed salary wise.

You have no space to talk about the contracts.

who do you think you are. you need to be taken down a few nots. maybe hang out with pacman for abit.

I don't think I'm anything. LOL I guess you work in the Steelers FO, because you claim to know whether or not the Steelers will be screwed salary wise. Too funny, bring me down a few nots(?), and while you are at it bring me down a few notches too.

scudmissile29
04-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't think I'm anything. LOL I guess you work in the Steelers FO, because you claim to know whether or not the Steelers will be screwed salary wise. Too funny, bring me down a few nots(?), and while you are at it bring me down a few notches too.

so your laughing at your non existent self to crawl around on this earth like bacteria okay...

your obviously stupid how much money santonio holmes and lamarr woodley would be on the roster with also ikes new contract.

JollyRob68
04-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I couldn't prove MY point better than you did. LOL Your examples are of two guys who signed MULTI-YEAR contracts!!!!! Do you read your own posts? If you are given instructions, I'm doing the opposite.

Only thing your proving is you dont comprehend the english language.
The Steelers let hampton go last season without signing him then were able to sign him before free agency. Holmes is a Super Bowl MVP DIVA WR who if The Steelers let go the entire season without a extending his contract Ssantonio wont stay. Unless they franchise him because he being a DIVA would feel insulted and If by some chance the dont offer Woodley the money he wants then he'll walk or they'll need to franchise him. So,once again and for the last time. WHo do you Franchise Woodley or Holmes? Its really not a difficult question.:banging:

scudmissile29
04-03-2010, 05:27 PM
WITH THE 18TH OVERALL SELECTION THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS, THE GREATEST FRANCHISE IN ALL OF SPORTS SELECT TEXAS SAFETY EARL THOMAS

My dream

scudmissile29
04-07-2010, 11:09 PM
TODAY IS THE DAY AND TOMMOROW GO EARL ROCK TOMLINS BRAIN LOL MAKE HIM DRAFT YOU MAKE HIM MAKE SURE YOU MAKE HIM MAKE U THINK U WILL BE THE GUY

$teelersRule
04-08-2010, 12:12 AM
TODAY IS THE DAY AND TOMMOROW GO EARL ROCK TOMLINS BRAIN LOL MAKE HIM DRAFT YOU MAKE HIM MAKE SURE YOU MAKE HIM MAKE U THINK U WILL BE THE GUY

every single thread i open is full of your posts... sometimes i get the feeling you just write things for the sake of writing something. i respect your enthusiasm though dude

scudmissile29
04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
every single thread i open is full of your posts... sometimes i get the feeling you just write things for the sake of writing something. i respect your enthusiasm though dude

lol yes i write alot lol.......

............................ but today is earl thomas visit day............. i hope it goes so well........

coldrolled
04-09-2010, 05:14 PM
lol yes i write alot lol.......

............................ but today is earl thomas visit day............. i hope it goes so well........

hey....

The Steelers are meeting with three more NFL draft prospects today, including Texas safety Earl Thomas, a projected first-round pick.

They are also hosting wide receivers Arrelious Benn of Illinois and Emmanuel Sanders from SMU.