PDA

View Full Version : Draft Meetings

Zachintosh66
03-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Steelers | Have met with Barnes
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:19:03 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have met with Bowling Green WR Freddie Barnes.

Steelers | Met with Dickerson, Byham Monday
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:22:17 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers met with University of Pittsburgh TEs Dorin Dickerson and Nate Byham Monday, March 15.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/30/NFL#ixzz0iV3d8cQu

Black@Gold Forever32
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I wouldn't mind the Steelers to draft Byham in the 5th or 6th round.....He can fill Spaeth's limited role in the passing game and is a much better blocker then the useless Spaeth......

tburg68
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't mind the Steelers to draft Byham in the 5th or 6th round.....He can fill Spaeth's limited role in the passing game and is a much better blocker then the useless Spaeth......

What you said!:yellowthumb:

coldrolled
03-18-2010, 01:38 PM
What you said!:yellowthumb:

Maybe tomlin is looking at Hernadez down in florida??

K Train
03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Rodger Saffold, Novorro Bowman and sean lee all visit.

none are really good fits for us at all

JollyRob68
03-19-2010, 11:48 AM

The like Rodger Saffold and Sean Lee at ILB. They're good fits to me. However I'd take John Jerry,JAred Veldheer.

tburg68
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM

I agree. If the Steelers wait to address ILB til later in draft, I would rather go Pat Angerer from Iowa.

andyg1984
03-19-2010, 12:14 PM
no micah johnson late in the draft ?

so i guess we can all quit wondering if tomlin wants to stick to the 3-4 based on this years draft ... i know we beat it to death, but if he were to use a high pick (1st or 2nd)on a defensive guy that does not fit it will confirm to me the 3-4 is short lived ..

tburg68
03-19-2010, 12:48 PM

so i guess we can all quit wondering if tomlin wants to stick to the 3-4 based on this years draft ... i know we beat it to death, but if he were to use a high pick (1st or 2nd)on a defensive guy that does not fit it will confirm to me the 3-4 is short lived ..

I don't think the 3-4 is going anywhere. There are a few players better suited for 4-3, but a whole lot MORE that aren't.

Zachintosh66
03-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Steelers | Blount to visit
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:53:09 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are scheduled to meet with University of Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount, according to a source.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/30/NFL#ixzz0idwaU2iG

LatrobePA
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Here are the players with first-round or high second-round grades who they've already spoken to or will bring into Pittsburgh soon. I'm sure there are more, but these are the guys we know about so far:

Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
Rolando McClain, ILb, Alabama
Earl Thomas, FS/CB, Texas
Mike Iupati, G, Idaho

andyg1984
03-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't think the 3-4 is going anywhere. There are a few players better suited for 4-3, but a whole lot MORE that aren't.

right, but who invested in the 3-4 players and who invested in the 4-3?

tomlin might not be as good of a talent evaluator as BC (to stir the pot a lil), but i don't think he is wild enough to draft ANOTHER one of these guys that does not fit .. i am saying that this draft will be the decider .. no more of these versatility arguments ..

--- Added 3/19/2010 at 12:41 PM ---

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are scheduled to meet with University of Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount, according to a source.

giddy up! if we do not draft McCluster I think Blount would be good in the long run ..but if blount free-falls i say pick up both w/ little hesitation .. not sure if dex will be there in the 3rd ... and he CAN play RB btw .. as well as WR - perrish cox got burnt a few times at the senior bowl by McCluster ..

LatrobePA
03-19-2010, 02:16 PM

tomlin might not be as good of a talent evaluator as BC (to stir the pot a lil), but i don't think he is wild enough to draft ANOTHER one of these guys that does not fit .. i am saying that this draft will be the decider .. no more of these versatility arguments ..

giddy up! if we do not draft McCluster I think Blount would be good in the long run ..but if blount free-falls i say pick up both w/ little hesitation .. not sure if dex will be there in the 3rd ... and he CAN play RB btw .. as well as WR - perrish cox got burnt a few times at the senior bowl by McCluster ..

If anything else maybe he'd punch BA in the mouth for not calling enough running plays!

tburg68
03-19-2010, 03:56 PM

I understand your line of thinking on the 3-4 // 4-3 arguement now. I just don't see them switching now.(IMO if that was happening, it would have already)

I don't want Blount, hope they don't draft Blount, don't think we need Blount. McCluster on the other hand.......bring him on.

aj6times
03-19-2010, 06:26 PM
I hope BIG BEN gets his stuff togather!

BlackGold4vr
03-19-2010, 07:11 PM

Whatever happened to character first? What happened to the mantra that we are going to bring in high character people who just happen to also be good football players? Got a QB who doesn't understand what "NO" means and now we are looking at another problem child? Perhaps the Rooney's are just a little jealous of all the attention the Bengals normally get in the off-seasons. I would not condone picking a player who cannot control his emotions! There are other equally talented RB's who can control themselves who should be available to us.

K Train
03-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Whatever happened to character first? What happened to the mantra that we are going to bring in high character people who just happen to also be good football players? Got a QB who doesn't understand what "NO" means and now we are looking at another problem child? Perhaps the Rooney's are just a little jealous of all the attention the Bengals normally get in the off-seasons. I would not condone picking a player who cannot control his emotions! There are other equally talented RB's who can control themselves who should be available to us.

i think its bullshit that you wouldnt bring in a guy for an interview and judge his character yourself. hout shouldnt have been taunting blount, you get smashed in the head when you do **** like that after an emotional loss. maybe dixon is vouching for him and they want to bring him in, hes done everything right since then and the man is talented

JollyRob68
03-19-2010, 09:31 PM

They can get Micah Johnson Later in the draft 4 -5 th round. He looked overly muscular & stiff but In that round I'd take him. He's a thumper but if spikes falls to the 3rd then snatch him.
I dont know where you think Ziggy doesnt fit our system. He's a high motor guy who can collapse the pocket and can be brought in to shade the nose in the sub packages on 3rd and long. Not many people play a straight 34 anymore and we didnt last year. Thats why Hampton is a 2 down NT.

K Train
03-19-2010, 10:31 PM
They can get Micah Johnson Later in the draft 4 -5 th round. He looked overly muscular & stiff but In that round I'd take him. He's a thumper but if spikes falls to the 3rd then snatch him.
I dont know where you think Ziggy doesnt fit our system. He's a high motor guy who can collapse the pocket and can be brought in to shade the nose in the sub packages on 3rd and long. Not many people play a straight 34 anymore and we didnt last year. Thats why Hampton is a 2 down NT.

for real? ive been archived on this and other sites the last 11 months saying exactly why he doesnt fit

steelcitysfinestXL
03-22-2010, 09:43 AM
i think its bullshit that you wouldnt bring in a guy for an interview and judge his character yourself. hout shouldnt have been taunting blount, you get smashed in the head when you do **** like that after an emotional loss. maybe dixon is vouching for him and they want to bring him in, hes done everything right since then and the man is talented

:plus1: Chris K was no model citizen at Utah either. J-Peezy Punched William Green before a game in CLE. Blount can play and he should be of good value being a day 2 or 3 pick. I love how people still think the steelers put their own (the fans) perception of "character" before talent!!!

Zachintosh66
03-22-2010, 02:00 PM
:plus1: Chris K was no model citizen at Utah either. J-Peezy Punched William Green before a game in CLE. Blount can play and he should be of good value being a day 2 or 3 pick. I love how people still think the steelers put their own (the fans) perception of "character" before talent!!!

true kemo had to take anger managment, lol... wish more of our lineman were like that :)