PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin makes trip to watch Tebow

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Quarterback Tim Tebow has completed his first public workout with his new throwing motion, hoping to impress NFL general managers, coaches and scouts at Florida's pro day Wednesday in Gainesville.

Tebow threw dozens of passes to former teammates Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and David Nelson during a 30-minute workout in front of more than 100 scouts and coaches representing all 32 NFL teams.

Among those in attendance: Carolina Panthers general manager Marty Hurney and coach John Fox; Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren, GM Tom Heckert and coach Eric Mangini; Pittsburgh Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert and coach Mike Tomlin; New York Giants GM Jerry Reese and coach Tom Coughlin; Jacksonville Jaguars GM Gene Smith and offensive line coach Andy Heck; Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik and coach Raheem Morris; and Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson.*NFL.com*

~ Makes you think if things go south for Big Ben..Tebow would be a good insurance policy, especially if he ends up being able to play at the NFL level. I'm sure the Rooneys love his golden boy image.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Good God are these people actually serious that the Steelers would consider actually drafting Tebow??? Honestly, because if that happened then I would jump out my window. It's not uncommon for tons of teams to go watch players work out at any position; it's called doing your homework and being informed. Tebow will be a 1st or 2nd round pick for anybody looking for a QB..there is no way on God's green earth that we go QB in the first 3 rounds. There are several players at the workout that the Steelers were interested in; Tebow is just the center of everyone's attention because he didn't throw at the combine.

Don't read any more into this than that...but knowing how gullible some Steeler fans are they'll think Ben is on the chopping block now and Tebow will be the 2nd coming. Not directly talking about you Peazy, just a general statement :)

This whole Ben thing is so out of control that you'd think he was headed for death row tomorrow the way a lot of fans are calling into talk shows and stuff.

K Train
03-17-2010, 06:52 PM
the whole staff was down there, tebow was the main attraction drawing 3000 fans, but they went to see haden, pouncey and spikes...you couldnt tell me any different.

tomlin also likes dunlap who had amazing workouts today

SteelCityKid5
03-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I think we were there for the OTHER Florida players. This thread has no meaning. The Stee's wont take Tebow.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
I hear what your saying TG, trust me i'm not buying into the whole Big Ben is done drama. But i have heard alot of people on NFL network and other shows saying Tebow would be a good fit in Pittsburgh, short yardage FB and such. Of course i couldn't help but to post that and see what kind of drama it would stir up..lol.

K Train
03-17-2010, 07:04 PM
tebow wont be good anywhere but broadcasting

Steel Trap86
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Tebow is going to Tampa Bay (IMO), and there is no way we are going QB in the first round especially if we're considering re-signing Leftwich lol.

K Train
03-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Tebow is going to Tampa Bay (IMO), and there is no way we are going QB in the first round especially if we're considering re-signing Leftwich lol.

tampa just drafted freeman at 17 last year and are excited about him, he played well last year...

tebow will probably be a jag, and he will probably still suck

Steel Trap86
03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
I didn't know if they were going to stick with Freeman into 2010, he didn't start until week 7, but he did finish strong winning his last 2 of 3.

And ya Jacksonville is another likely spot Tebow could end up

SteelerRush
03-18-2010, 12:08 AM
no way steelers are looking at Tebow. I agree with K train. Their looking at the other players.

Zachintosh66
03-18-2010, 01:28 AM
not a big deal... its was floridas pro day... they have several potential first rounders... dont read too much into this b/c im sure everyone and their brother was at this pro day

slow news, people begging for sh!t to happen... least no one got raped tonite!

Bucsfan4ever
03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I also think Tebow will go to the Jags...the Bucs were probably looking at the WRs.

LatrobePA
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
not a big deal... its was floridas pro day... they have several potential first rounders... dont read too much into this b/c im sure everyone and their brother was at this pro day

Thank you! Tebow wasn't the only attraction!!

ejsteeler
03-18-2010, 01:50 PM

:hilarious:

andyg1984
03-19-2010, 04:54 PM
the whole staff was down there, tebow was the main attraction drawing 3000 fans, but they went to see haden, pouncey and spikes...you couldnt tell me any different.

tomlin also likes dunlap who had amazing workouts today

good workouts, but you don't like him do u? i want NO f^in part of dunlap ... just another gator bust

despite being a fixture in FL's D he never developed pass rush moves .. is noticeably slower rushing the passer and less stout vs OT's&TE's than his measurables would indicate .. this all on top of the incosistent effort is too much for me .. did we talk about the fact that he is an idiot too? passed out at a stop light? no thanks

K Train
03-19-2010, 07:21 PM
dunlap is lazy, he likes to drive drunk and pass out at stop lights the week of championship games, he doesnt interview well, hes pretty dumb but for a huge man he runs ****ing fast.

dunlap=jamaal anderson. he'll be a bengal

coldrolled
03-19-2010, 11:52 PM
dunlap is lazy, he likes to drive drunk and pass out at stop lights the week of championship games, he doesnt interview well, hes pretty dumb but for a huge man he runs ****ing fast.

dunlap=jamaal anderson. he'll be a bengal

i think weatherspoon may be the player to make a difference in our D... fire up the
D.. get em pumped up. and he does have a motor.

K Train
03-20-2010, 12:06 AM
i love him, hes just nto the best fit...hes kind of a prick loudmouth and will showboat and flex at everything. which i love

steelspikes
03-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Steelers should take Tebow in the first round. If he doesn't work out as a QB he will as an "H" back, like Chris Cooley in D.C. or that guy in Indy. He could possibly even be a defensive safety. Would like to see McCluster or Toby Gerheart in 2nd round, for speed or power to supplemennt Mendenhall.

K Train
03-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Steelers should take Tebow in the first round. If he doesn't work out as a QB he will as an "H" back, like Chris Cooley in D.C. or that guy in Indy. He could possibly even be a defensive safety. Would like to see McCluster or Toby Gerheart in 2nd round, for speed or power to supplemennt Mendenhall.

why do you do this to me, i cant believe im taking time out of my day to respond

SteelerSal
03-20-2010, 12:46 AM

:thinking: I've kept my mouth shut with posts about him playing TE, in the past, but I just had to throw out a "WTF!?!" with the possibility of wasteing a first rounder to put Tebow at safety. :duh:

K Train
03-20-2010, 12:54 AM
:thinking: I've kept my mouth shut with posts about him playing TE, in the past, but I just had to throw out a "WTF!?!" with the possibility of wasteing a first rounder to put Tebow at safety. :duh:

ive never even heard such things ever said. TE i could see, cooley or "that guy in indy" dallas clark ar solid comparisons but safety? lol

JensK
03-20-2010, 01:41 AM
ive never even heard such things ever said. TE i could see, cooley or "that guy in indy" dallas clark ar solid comparisons but safety? lol

havnt you heard? Tebow is the new Matt Jones... A guy who does it all, who will be the perfect fit in black and gold/yellow/whatever

coldrolled
03-20-2010, 10:31 AM
havnt you heard? Tebow is the new Matt Jones... A guy who does it all, who will be the perfect fit in black and gold/yellow/whatever

if we had and extra third round pick early and tebow made the third round he would be a pick.

we need a #3 QB.. we will draft a Pike in the 5th. we have three picks in the 5th.

we honestly have... im guessing here. but 8 CB's 5 S's/fs's 7 WR's not sure about extra OL

but if we draft more of these type players. we will be dumping alot of the last two years draft picks this year.

so really in the draft we need a QB somewhere in the picks for (batch)., we need a TE (for Spaeth), if you give up on summers and davis.. we have no FB. we Need a starting OL player (a good one) not just a pick to sit 3 years again.. we could use a RB (parker) 3rd round. we need a CB (starter) have to be #1 we then dump 2 cb projects.

we need a ILB to replace Farrior. pick #1 or #2

i say tebow would make a great Kick Returner...:grin1:

So #1 Weatherspoon, Wilson, Spiller, Davis

#2 depends on #1.

Stlrs4Life
03-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree, they were down there scouting other players, and why not look at Tebow while you are there?

Iron City South
03-20-2010, 04:45 PM
If Tebow slips beyond the 2nd round ... he's considered a VALUE pick.

If he went into the 3rd round ... the pick by Tomlin wouldn't surprise me at all.

Tebow is the anti-Roethlisberger. Our resident fat, dumb, lazy and drunk QB may just have a fire under his *** knowing a young, smart, athletic, and solid character individual wants his job.

K Train
03-20-2010, 05:31 PM
roethlisberger is a talented QB, tebow is awful urban myer QB

like it or not tebow is a 5th round prospect with a legendary resume....taking him in the second is not value, its still an epic reach even if someone wants to reach more in the first

if troy smith is a 5th round pick and troy smith has an NFL arm, tebow should go undrafted.

DanRooney
03-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Tebow is the anti-Roethlisberger.

I agree Tebow sucks

K Train
03-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I agree Tebow sucks

perfect...

Iron City South
03-20-2010, 06:30 PM
What you meant to say is, "I don't think Tebow has what it takes to make it at the NFL level"

Tebow didn't suck in college so the reality is .... you have no clue how well he will or will not do in the NFL. What we do know about Tebow is this. He's a high-character guy, student of the game, a proven leader who has had no problem earning the respect of his teammates, a tremendous athlete, and has a rock-solid work ethic.

If a team takes Tebow in the 5th .... they have a hell of a value pick on thier hands.

TEEMONT
03-20-2010, 06:40 PM
What you meant to say is, "I don't think Tebow has what it takes to make it at the NFL level"

Tebow didn't suck in college so the reality is .... you have no clue how well he will or will not do in the NFL. What we do know about Tebow is this. He's a high-character guy, student of the game, a proven leader who has had no problem earning the respect of his teammates, a tremendous athlete, and has a rock-solid work ethic.

If a team takes Tebow in the 5th .... they have a hell of a value pick on thier hands.

wait...are you talking about Tim Tebow...or Danny Weurfful (sp?)

K Train
03-20-2010, 06:46 PM

i love this ****. "we dont know how he will be" or "its too early to call this draft class a bust"...no ****. im saying tebow will never be a QB thats anything above a backup or a short yardage runner. Hes a glory whore that will end up in broadcasting sooner rather than later. hes not a student of the game, hes a product of the game and by game i mean urban myers gimmicky *** system that makes the likes of him and alex smith look like studs. if he was a student of the game he would have started working on his atrocious mechanics and terrible footwork as a freshman, not months before his pro day.

he will be awful :markit:

TEEMONT
03-20-2010, 06:53 PM
i love this ****. "we dont know how he will be" or "its too early to call this draft class a bust"...no ****. im saying tebow will never be a QB thats anything above a backup or a short yardage runner. Hes a glory whore that will end up in broadcasting sooner rather than later. hes not a student of the game, hes a product of the game and by game i mean urban myers gimmicky *** system that makes the likes of him and alex smith look like studs. if he was a student of the game he would have started working on his atrocious mechanics and terrible footwork as a freshman, not months before his pro day.

he will be awful :markit:

couldnt have said that mucch better

SteelerSteve
03-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I saw some video of tebows new throwing motion and while thats all fine and dandy, I doubt that helps his draft status much, and like most people I would like to see him do well, but he doesn't have a very strong arm, he's never blown anyone away with accuracy and it will probably be quite some time before he learns how to read an nfl defense. I've said it before, trying to replace big ben with tebow wont happen and would probably be the worst thing the steelers could do lol

--- Added 3/21/2010 at 09:37 PM ---

If a team takes Tebow in the 5th .... they have a hell of a value pick on thier hands. I think I would rather have Tim Hiller start for us than Tebow lol...

Real Deal Steel
03-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Don't worry. There will be some idiot team like the Jaguars, Redskins or Browns who will run in and take Tebow. I wouldn't touch the guy because he can't read defenses and if the wonderlic test is any indication, he isn't the brightest bulb in the light store either. No worries.