PDA

View Full Version : Trade rumors

Stairwayto7
03-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I`ve just got two phone calls, saying that they got phone calls from friends in Pittsburgh, that are saying the Steelers are trying to deal Ben for Bulger and thier first pick in the draft, and they will select Bradford????????????

I hate it, I`m not making this up! I`m just asking if anyone has heard anything?

Big T
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM
It's complete bullshit....I don't know how you could even begin to believe it's true...Ben isn't going anywhere so we can stop that...and he is worth a lot more than a first round pick and Marc bulger...he hasn't been charged with anything and he won't be charged...enough of this ****

LatrobePA
03-17-2010, 04:48 PM
LMB&AO!!!

Stairwayto7
03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
I didn`t think it was so, but I was at work all day and in meeting so I wasnt able to see for myself

BlackGold4vr
03-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Unless I saw this from a credible source I wouldn't believe it. If you are going to post crap like that you gotta post the link to the source or you are going to get laughed at!

Probably being spread from a blog with some bitter Ratbird or Bungle fans

:hilarious:

Stairwayto7
03-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Laugh! I siad I was asking! I wanted to know. I could post my future brother in laws name, but that wouldnt be very credible. Not trying to start rumors.

BlackGold4vr
03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Laugh! I siad I was asking! I wanted to know. I could post my future brother in laws name, but that wouldnt be very credible. Not trying to start rumors.

When I say that you gotta post the link, I didn't mean the name or your brother-in-law or your second cousin twice removed. I mean the news agency source ie. ESPN, NFLN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NFL.com, Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Hearing something from the derelict drinking boones farm from a paper bag down at the corner store probably isn't a source worth believing.

LatrobePA
03-17-2010, 05:17 PM
What about hearing it from Obama??

strong D
03-17-2010, 05:25 PM
hahaha thats funny stuff

BlackGold4vr
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Hearing it from him would guarantee its a lie. If his lips are moving he is lying! :yellowthumb:

ejsteeler
03-17-2010, 05:39 PM
ESPN reports Tomlin was at the Tebow workout.....:stirpot:

Stairwayto7
03-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Again, not reporting rumors, asking if anyone heard the same thing! Maybe I should talk slower.

K Train
03-17-2010, 05:49 PM
ESPN reports Tomlin was at the Tebow workout.....:stirpot:

literally the entire coaching staff was at floridas pro day

i would actually be for trading ben for #1 overall and taking clausen, if they took bradford id punch a baby in the ****ing head. then we could take pouncey at 18, it would be sick lol.

bens on a fast track to being suspended, hes a dumbass and its time to grow up or were gonna be looking for a replacement really soon

beaver688
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
literally the entire coaching staff was at floridas pro day

i would actually be for trading ben for #1 overall and taking clausen, if they took bradford id punch a baby in the ****ing head. then we could take pouncey at 18, it would be sick lol.

bens on a fast track to being suspended, hes a dumbass and its time to grow up or were gonna be looking for a replacement really soon

AGREE

Black@Gold Forever32
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Ben's not going to be traded.......No team would want Ben's contract anyway especially with this recent sexual assault accusation against him.......I don't see Ben being suspended either.....He hasn't been charged or arrested.......

I agree Ben needs to think about putting himself in these type of situations but these rumors are just that rumors which is rather retarded.......Bugler and the first pick in the draft.....Bugler wouldn't last two games behind our OL and I'm sorry no QB is worth the first overall pick in the draft......But I'm sure the Rams will take Bradford's sorry and over-rated ***....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-17-2010, 06:48 PM
LMAO..Now Cleve, if you read that and actually thought for a split second that it was serious then you need to share what you're drinking bro :lol:

SteelCityKid5
03-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Stairway it's St. Patricks Day not April Fools Day. Just kidding, I'm giving you a hard time. Stees arent trading Ben.

K Train
03-17-2010, 07:00 PM
i love ben but id be all for trading him for first overall....just to spice up my life a little bit

BlitzburghRockCity
03-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Poor Cleve, the dude posts up a rumor and gets a ton of **** :lol:

Stairwayto7
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Poor Cleve, the dude posts up a rumor and gets a ton of **** :lol:

I didn`t believe it, but the guy who called me was all bent out of shape, and so bummed. He owns a landscape co. and was on the road all day, so he called me hoping that I could check ESPN for him. I saw nothing, so i checked here,knowing that if something were to happen, it wouldn`t get by anuone here!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-17-2010, 09:09 PM
As crazy as some of these rumors are there may well be some hidden truth in them.The front office is going to have to have a plan in place for worst case scenarios..And until this whole thing gets decided were gonna hear all kinds of rumors.If the Rooneys sit Ben down and god forbid he admits to any wrong doing who knows what could happen.
But like i said until the truth comes out this is the kinda off-season we are dealing with and once again thanks to #7.

DanRooney
03-17-2010, 10:12 PM
I usually agree with most of what KTrain says...but taking ONLY a #1 pick for Ben? Yuck. Maybe if they offered 2 first round picks in 2010 and 2011 plus a second in 2011. To even consider getting Roethlisberger, you'd nee to throw down a Ricky Williams type deal. He's the best QB the Steelers ever had.

K Train
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
I usually agree with most of what KTrain says...but taking Clausen over Ben? Ugh.

eh im not too too serious about it, its interesting though. it would most likely never happen. lets say clausen falls to 18....what then? do they take a chance and plan to part with ben down the road? rooneys dont usually put up with this thug *** wannabe **** ben is pullin binge drinkin with his boys tryin to nail some college *** with 2 sexual assault accusations. ben isnt 21 anymore. im not saying he did it, i think its some gold digging sluts with a good eye for a quick buck opportunity.

i seriously think the goodell hammer is gonna drop on ben soon and thats a huge blow to the team. i hope it doesnt but i dont know what the teams backup plan is

Black@Gold Forever32
03-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Ktrain I just don't see Goodell suspending Ben unless more convincing evidence comes out.......Right now its all he/she said bull crap......

75Steeler
03-17-2010, 11:12 PM
All we and the Steelers organization can do at this time is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

SteelerRush
03-18-2010, 12:02 AM
This trade rumor ran across my mind as well knowing the Rooneys won't put up with this type of ****.
So what if we trade Ben to Seattle for there two firsts and Hasselback. We would then have three number one picks 6,14 and 18. Ben would be stuck in Seattle were he couldn't get in much trouble. He would be in the NFC so he wouldn't cause us any grief. Hasselback could run the offense for a year or give us a quality backup for Dixon. We could probably get Clausen at 6 and two more quality picks in the first round. Seattle has the money to cover Ben's contract.

If were going to go down this rode why not have fun with it.....:popcorn:

strong D
03-18-2010, 01:46 AM
im with k train on this one the organazation has to take these allegations serious and start exploring their options either through the draft or free agency they have to have a backup plan in place in case this all goes south

Steel Trap86
03-18-2010, 02:24 AM
It was said on NFL Total Access last week by Jason Laconfora, that the Rooney's are really pissed about this even though Ben has not been charged with anything yet. Also that if Ben were to put himself in a position like this one more time that it could be the end of his career in Pittsburgh.

Personally I think this is just another case of some gold digging hoe bag trying to pick Ben's pockets and he's just as dumb as she is for bar hopping with this little bitch. The girl is 20 years old for f*ck sakes Ben, why don't you go to Vegas and hit up the Bunny Ranch like somebody else said lol YOU CAN AFFORD IT, money talks. The guy has a pending sexual assault charge and he's out getting tanked with 20 year old college chicks lol f*ckin balloon head man

floodcitygirl
03-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Cleve would not post this unless it was a legit question in his mind. With Ben acting like such an asshat....(I don't even want to imagine criminal), who knows what could be happening on the inside???? Isn't it something to have t be thinking about yet again in an offseason??? :banging:

K Train
03-18-2010, 03:09 AM
i mean i kind of feel a pretty big following about ben....i love the guy but THIS can only last so long, lets say this turns into nothing but what if it happens again?

the steelers need to think of options, thats all im sayin

steelersgal86
03-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Again, not reporting rumors, asking if anyone heard the same thing! Maybe I should talk slower.

:hehheh:

lloydfan4life
03-18-2010, 08:52 AM
.... Hearing something from the derelict drinking boones farm from a paper bag down at the corner store probably isn't a source worth believing.

I'm pretty sure that's who he was referring to..... :dunno:

.... and here I thought it was going to be a long boring off-season. :duh:

coldrolled
03-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Ktrain I just don't see Goodell suspending Ben unless more convincing evidence comes out.......Right now its all he/she said bull crap......

well. Stallworth killed a Latino in Florida while drinking and driving. In Florida its a mandatory 5 years in the big house. Somehow he got out of that 5 years. then remind me what goodell did to stallworth for killing someone?

and were getting all wacked out about ben in party mode with a girl he was with all night drinking and partying... i dont see the big penalty coming...

tburg68
03-18-2010, 01:52 PM
i love ben but id be all for trading him for first overall....just to spice up my life a little bit

I like Clausen, but I'm not ready to say he will be a better Pro than Ben. Plus would it spice up your life to see the Steelers win 7 games each the next two years?

I'm all for a backup plan. Not a throw Ben in the trash plan.

LatrobePA
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Colin Cowherd still believes we'll draft Tebow and let him train under Ben (no pun intended) for a few years...

coldrolled
03-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Colin Cowherd still believes we'll draft Tebow and let him train under Ben (no pun intended) for a few years...

the pats have three #2 picks i think tebow will be one of them. if the jags dont snag him.

Stairwayto7
03-18-2010, 04:55 PM
i mean i kind of feel a pretty big following about ben....i love the guy but THIS can only last so long, lets say this turns into nothing but what if it happens again?

the steelers need to think of options, thats all im sayin

I agree! WHAT IF?????????? If the allegations were true, then the Steelers look like dopes for not reacting! I don`t believe that the allegations are true, but is that because I lovethe Steelers, or because I love Ben being our QB? What if it were my daughter, and it was true?

--- Added 3/18/2010 at 02:55 PM ---

If we draft Tebow any earlier than the 3rd round, I`ll be upset. I love Tebow, but not sure if he is worth a 1st or 2nd

cmerrifield
03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
I think we already did that with Dixon why would we do it with Tebow too

LatrobePA
03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
True, but Dixon would be the #2 and Tebow #3....

andyg1984
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
i know its been said, but lets relax with this ..

a month ago people on this site were saying they would rather have ben than peyton ...lol

either way i think ben needs to make a public statement soon .. any word on the league contacting him .. or are they still "monitoring the situation" ?

Dee Mca
03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
The Gas man at Swifty gas station said we was trading Ben to the Eagles for Vick and their First.
Since we throwing out rumors thought I'd throw that one out as well.

K Train
03-18-2010, 06:43 PM
if we take tebow before the 5th ill punch a baby in the head

tburg68
03-18-2010, 07:17 PM

Colon CowTurd is a complete idiot. He has no crediblity at all.

75Steeler
03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
if we take tebow before the 5th ill punch a baby in the head

:haha:

SteelCityKid5
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Colon CowTurd is a complete idiot. He has no crediblity at all.

No I listen to his show every day. He is of the most part a credible person. Just because you listen to the show three times out of the whole year doesn't make him incredible.

LatrobePA
03-18-2010, 11:12 PM
No I listen to his show every day. He is of the most part a credible person. Just because you listen to the show three times out of the whole year doesn't make him incredible.

I agree, love or hate him he's pretty much spot on...

K Train
03-18-2010, 11:54 PM
bs...the tebow nonsense has not credibility every team is saying it. imo thats a worse nightmare just to set this team back even further

strong D
03-19-2010, 02:07 AM
i agree if they were to draft a quarterback in this draft it would have to be 3rd round or beyond maybe like a tony pike if they could get him in 3rd or fourth but personally i dont see them drafting bens replacement this year just my opinion

coldrolled
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
i agree if they were to draft a quarterback in this draft it would have to be 3rd round or beyond maybe like a tony pike if they could get him in 3rd or fourth but personally i dont see them drafting bens replacement this year just my opinion

Ben's replacement would be Arians leaving and Dixon starting.

LatrobePA
03-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Ben's replacement would be Arians leaving and Dixon starting.

LOL:cope:

tburg68
03-19-2010, 11:25 AM

I agree 100%. Colon CowTurd is not, never has been, nor will be incredible!

I'm smart enough to see his bs without watching him every day(although you don't know if I do or not do you). If the Steelers draft Tebow in the second round, I will come on here and apologize to you personally. If they don't, you should rethink your CowTurd love.

Stlrs4Life
03-20-2010, 11:20 AM
EDIT: Come on dude you know theres a place for this ****

Real Deal Steel
03-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. Big Ben will come out fine in this sex allegation issue and we will get the line help we need from the draft. This draft is the deepest draft in years as far as line talent so we will end up with some good addition. First and foremost, we need to get that center from Florida. The guy is a beast and he is huge for a center. That's where we need to start in upgrading the O-line.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
The rumors are fast and furious these days, everywhere you turn somebody has an opinion..it's worse now than ever. No matter what talk show you listen too, somebody is saying we're going to draft Ben's replacement, or we're going to trade for this or that person.

Honestly, it's really getting old and the Steelers are not going to give up on their 100 million dollar, 2 time super bowl winning QB, this easily. Do they like what's happening, do they approve of it? Of course not, they hate all this spotlight on their players. It is what it is though and they are just sitting back and waiting right now like everyone else.

Unless there was definitive evidence that Ben was going to Jail for a long time and his career was in peril right now, there is no need to go QB hunting.

Blazedby92
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
"It is what it is though"

That's pretty good saying, where have you heard that before.
:hehheh:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I listen to too many press conferences I guess :lol: