PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Urbik

Dallas Burgher
03-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Can anyone explain what has been the problem with Urbik. What has held him back?

Thanks for the help.

Big T
03-15-2010, 02:53 PM
He was a horrible pick, he's pretty bad, and didnt dress for any games...what else do you need to know?

coldrolled
03-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Can anyone explain what has been the problem with Urbik. What has held him back?

Thanks for the help.

Offense?? usually i blame arians first....

HUNT4SEVEN
03-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Let K Train tell u what happend to him:hehheh:

franchise3
03-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Not sure to be honest with you. I suppose that Foster showed more in practice. Just like everyone else in his spot, preseason is his time to shine and show us why we used a 3rd pick for him...

igor0190
03-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I think K-train may have nailed the Urbik pick for sure. I think he said something like the guy has bricks for feet and will be a complete bust.

Big T
03-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I think K-train may have nailed the Urbik pick for sure. I think he said something like the guy has bricks for feet and will be a complete bust.

No doubt...Train and I usually agree on most prospects (except Jimmy Clausen)...we both absolutely hated the Ziggy Hood pick, hated the Urbik pick(and the trade back with Jaron Gilbert on the board) and thought A.Q Shipley and Frank Summers were the most useless picks ever...we've been right so far...

That trade back for Urbik pissed me off so much, especially due to the fact that I sat there all day for the first and second round to come out with only Ziggy f*cking Hood the whole first day...then we start the say off on a great note by drafting Kraig f*cking Urbik...that pissed me off even more due to the fact that DJ Moore was still on the board who was a second round corner prospect...dont even get me started on Frank Summers...if we were going to take a running back it shouldve been Javon Ringer who was still on the board....

Normlly I would be really confident about drafting in the top-20 but after last years draft, I just have the worst feeling in the world that they are going to completely break my heart...they'll draft Taylor Mays in the 1st and Toby Gerhart in the 2nd...I would then cry and probably destroy my tv...

K Train
03-15-2010, 06:56 PM
No doubt...Train and I usually agree on most prospects (except Jimmy Clausen)...we both absolutely hated the Ziggy Hood pick, hated the Urbik pick(and the trade back with Jaron Gilbert on the board) and thought A.Q Shipley and Frank Summers were the most useless picks ever...we've been right so far...

That trade back for Urbik pissed me off so much, especially due to the fact that I sat there all day for the first and second round to come out with only Ziggy f*cking Hood the whole first day...then we start the say off on a great note by drafting Kraig f*cking Urbik...that pissed me off even more due to the fact that DJ Moore was still in te board who was a second round corner prospect...dont even get me started on Frank Summers...if we were going to take a running back it shouldve been Javon Ringer who was still on the board....

Normlly I would be really confident about drafting in the top-20 but after last years draft, I just have the worst feeling in the world that they are going to completely break my heart...they'll draft Taylor Mays in the 1st and Toby Gerhart in the 2nd...I would then cry and probably destroy my tv...
this summed up my last year of heartache.

gilbert and moore being on the board and ending up with urbik was awful, just like cliff avril being on the board and taking bruce davis.

if taylor mays is a steeler in the first round i will flip ****, my heart cant handle that.

rumors suggest that thaddeus gibson wants to be a steeler real bad, an the steelers are interested in him. he wore black and gold to workout in

ill forgive the steelers for last years blunder if they take thomas in rd 1 and gibson ins rd 2

frank summers is worthless, id be shocked if hes on the roster. his back injury was an excuse the coaches made to make up for him sucking *** and he never once landed a block, i watched one video of his first few games, he whiffed every time and just slammed his stupid ****ing face into the ground.

everyone says its too early to call someone a bust, idc. hood=awful fit even though hes a good player he wont ever be with us, urbik will be out of the league in 2 years he was beaten out as the primary backup by not one, but 2 UDFAs in foster and legursky. lewis and burnett are ok, serviceable at best, shipley still has infant arms, and thank god for mike wallace....thank god

Big T
03-15-2010, 08:00 PM

gilbert and moore being on the board and ending up with urbik was awful, just like cliff avril being on the board and taking bruce davis.

if taylor mays is a steeler in the first round i will flip ****, my heart cant handle that.

rumors suggest that thaddeus gibson wants to be a steeler real bad, an the steelers are interested in him. he wore black and gold to workout in

ill forgive the steelers for last years blunder if they take thomas in rd 1 and gibson ins rd 2

frank summers is worthless, id be shocked if hes on the roster. his back injury was an excuse the coaches made to make up for him sucking *** and he never once landed a block, i watched one video of his first few games, he whiffed every time and just slammed his stupid ****ing face into the ground.

everyone says its too early to call someone a bust, idc. hood=awful fit even though hes a good player he wont ever be with us, urbik will be out of the league in 2 years he was beaten out as the primary backup by not one, but 2 UDFAs in foster and legursky. lewis and burnett are ok, serviceable at best, shipley still has infant arms, and thank god for mike wallace....thank god

I saw that too about Thaddeus Gibson....he's a monster, he would look good as hell in a steelers uni (I don't say he would look good in "black an gold"...more like black and canary yellow)....I would definitely call the draft a success if came away with Thomas and Gibson....

franchise3
03-15-2010, 09:29 PM

That trade back for Urbik pissed me off so much, especially due to the fact that I sat there all day for the first and second round to come out with only Ziggy f*cking Hood the whole first day...then we start the say off on a great note by drafting Kraig f*cking Urbik...that pissed me off even more due to the fact that DJ Moore was still on the board who was a second round corner prospect...dont even get me started on Frank Summers...if we were going to take a running back it shouldve been Javon Ringer who was still on the board....

I disagree with you on Hood...

K Train
03-15-2010, 09:38 PM

what do you disagree on? that hes not a 34 end? that hes an interior UT in a 43 defense that can rush the passer from the inside? that he has gotten blown off the ball in the run game by players like AQ shipley? The duties for a 34 end are too
1) Hold his own agains the run, something hood sucks at
2) Keep Linebackers clean and free from blockers, meaning they have to take up blockers, hood is not a stack and shed player, he will use pas rushing moves which is helpful on 3rd down but really makes the LBs do way more than they should on 1st and second downs. Watch aaron smith and richard seymour play with incredible leverage and hold their own in ever way, then watch hood and watch him suck

K Train
03-15-2010, 09:40 PM
I saw that too about Thaddeus Gibson....he's a monster, he would look good as hell in a steelers uni (I don't say he would look good in "black an gold"...more like black and canary yellow)....I would definitely call the draft a success if came away with Thomas and Gibson....

i call it yellow too most of the time lol

hes so sick, hes been one of my year round man crushes

Big T
03-15-2010, 10:52 PM

Its funny that you would say that seeing as how all i said about him is that i hated the pick...so you disagree that i hated the pick?

--- Added 3/15/2010 at 08:52 PM ---

then watch hood and watch him suck

beautiful....i dont think i couldve said it better myself.

andyg1984
03-16-2010, 12:15 AM
it is not that everyone thinks hood is bad ... it is a fit thing, right? .. i think every1 and their brother had ziggy going to IND ahead of us and that pick made sense ... at 32 last year i would have preferred loadholt, rey mal at the time ..

im not sure what keenan lewis is good at, but burnett will be around .. i am biased but i like burnett

K Train
03-16-2010, 12:21 AM
hood is a good player, and if i was a colts fan i would be thrilled to have him....but you dont use #32 on a situational interior pass rusher that has little to no long term upside as a full time end. he just is awful in this scheme

franchise3
03-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Its funny that you would say that seeing as how all i said about him is that i hated the pick...so you disagree that i hated the pick?

So you don't know what I meant? wow, ok, I meant that I disagree that the pick was bad and I assumed that you thought the pick was bad since you hated it and I am pretty confident that you are a Steelers fan and hate picks that are bad in your opinion.

Blazedby92
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM

You guys dog those picks out everyday from last year and why I don't know but your picks verses the FO picks.

I looked up Jaron Gilbert he didn't have but one sack and he played with the bears whose D-line isn't much so I guess you guys were wrong there.

DJ moore hardly even dressed out ever and he played for the bears so there again your wrong on that one.

Javon Ringer NOTHING

Looks like Ziggy won out of those three picks he had 8 tackles and 1 sack and even a PDef. LOL

looks like you guys picked some busts too and when you disagree with me and yu guys find out that your picks are BUSTS then you can say you heard it here first.

I did want gilbert but it didn't happen but I believe this proves we are all just arm chair QB's.

Big T
03-16-2010, 03:54 PM
You guys dog those picks out everyday from last year and why I don't know but your picks verses the FO picks.

I looked up Jaron Gilbert he didn't have but one sack and he played with the bears whose D-line isn't much so I guess you guys were wrong there.

DJ moore hardly even dressed out ever and he played for the bears so there again your wrong on that one.

Javon Ringer NOTHING

Looks like Ziggy won out of those three picks he had 8 tackles and 1 sack and even a PDef. LOL

looks like you guys picked some busts too and when you disagree with me and yu guys find out that your picks are BUSTS then you can say you heard it here first.

I did want gilbert but it didn't happen but I believe this proves we are all just arm chair QB's.

First if all...you are comparing a 1st round pick(Ziggy) to a 3rd round pick, a 4th round pick, and a 5th roud pick...so the comparison makes no sense at all...2nd Jarron Gilbert is a backup DT for the bears, we wanted him to come to pittsburgh and play a completely different position at 3-4 end which his skillset is better suited for...third you need to actually read my posts and see that this all has absolutely nothing to do with stats...it has to do with a their fit in this scheme...

Now Javon Ringer, what the hell did you expect him to do behind Chris Johnson and LenDale White? Once again this isn't about stats...he wouldve been a great value pick in the fifth and I guarantee to he will have a better career than Frank "Im gonna tank in the NFL" Summers....

And it's not like I said I wanted any of these players in the 1st over Ziggy...my top 3 were Rey Maualuga, Sean Smith, and Darius Butler, all of which had much better years than Ziggy Hood...but like I said it's not about stats last year...

K Train
03-16-2010, 03:59 PM
i would have taken butler over hood, i wasnt too high on smith

gilbert is about as bad of a fit in the bears d as hood is with ours. gilbert=natural 5tech, hood=undertackle

it would be a good trade imo lol

burnett was a poor mans DJ moore, i think moore wins the upside battle. we'll never know because they arent steelers

and idc what you say there were probably 100 better payers than urbik

andyg1984
03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
two that jump off as better than urbik as a prospect last year and it is not even close for me at G ...

1. Duke Robinson
2. Herman Johnson

these guys were taken like almost 100 picks later .. lol

I must admit though that I thought Urbik was going to eventually take DST spot .. he was spsd to be good in the phonebooth .. but clearly not

K Train
03-16-2010, 06:39 PM
two that jump off as better than urbik as a prospect last year and it is not even close for me at G ...

1. Duke Robinson
2. Herman Johnson

these guys were taken like almost 100 picks later .. lol

I must admit though that I thought Urbik was going to eventually take DST spot .. he was spsd to be good in the phonebooth .. but clearly not

i wanted either one of those guys in the 5th....they are both kind of lazy though, at least they can be effective

honestly i wanted sammie lee hill or kyle moore eventually, and would have taken either over urbik at that spot

coldrolled
03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
i wanted either one of those guys in the 5th....they are both kind of lazy though, at least they can be effective

honestly i wanted sammie lee hill or kyle moore eventually, and would have taken either over urbik at that spot

Urbik gets another year.. On offense.. i still blame the coaches for most of the madness
put on the OL and Running Backs. the defenses are blasting us without much hesitation.
we dont have much time to develop many plays..

K Train
03-16-2010, 08:19 PM
oh he'll get another year, probably 2 im just sayin dont expect much

Iron City South
03-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Urbik was a 3 year project player when we drafted him. Nobody in their right mind saw him being an "immediate impact" player.

New Off. Line Coach will help. Too early to pass judgement on the lad.

andyg1984
03-17-2010, 01:25 AM
he will get another year or two .. they feel committed and want to prove themselves right .. be on the lookout for lame injury reports .. big fat white sluggish interior OL version of limas

ICS, how is it not too early? i think that if an UDFA that did not even play guard in college can beat urbik out it is a very ominous sign .. don't you agree? he was visibly sluggish and just "there" imo ..

K Train
03-17-2010, 01:26 AM
in fosters defense, he should never have gone undrafted.

lol

Big T
03-17-2010, 04:41 AM
in fosters defense, he should never have gone undrafted.

lol

He was projected as a 4th round pick at one point...

scudmissile29
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM

yes last years draft was one of the shittest in recent memory however they did get wallace on the trade back :\. One good pick.

I agree they can make it up by trading up to jacksonville or having thomas fall to them.

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
yes last years draft was one of the shittest in recent memory however they did get wallace on the trade back :\. One good pick.

I agree they can make it up by trading up to jacksonville or having thomas fall to them.

With BA as OC, i dont pass judgement on any offensive player, especially a RB or run blocking OL player.

they dont have a chance to be evaluated.

wait till post BA, then we shall see.

i cant believe we are going one more year with this crack pot.

did anyone watch us beat him last night in the NFL replay, 2002 playoff game.
the browns didnt lose that game. BA did.

the game looked like one of our losses from last year.. really deja vu'ish.....

SteelerSal
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
With BA as OC, i dont pass judgement on any offensive player, especially a RB or run blocking OL player.

they dont have a chance to be evaluated.

wait till post BA, then we shall see.

i cant believe we are going one more year with this crack pot.

did anyone watch us beat him last night in the NFL replay, 2002 playoff game.
the browns didnt lose that game. BA did.

the game looked like one of our losses from last year.. really deja vu'ish.....

Did not watch it last night but I have watched that game a dozen times and know exactly what your talking about.
I'm hoping with the new o-line coach we see improvement.

BlackGold4vr
03-30-2010, 11:03 AM
We are stuck with BA as long as Ben is our QB. So you had better learn to like him. Ben has delusions of grandeur and breaking all of Dan Marino's passing records. You can bet your *** that if Ben wanted a new OC we would already have a new one. Problem is that every time the subject comes up I believe Ben throws a hissy fit behind closed doors because he knows another OC might actually stand up to him and his spoiled brat tantrums. Ben loves the offense running exactly like it does. Last thing Ben wants is a balanced offense that takes pass attempts away from him. I believe the Steelers are giving their spoiled brat franchise QB exactly what he wants and what he wants is a puppet OC that he can run roughshod over. Voila.....we have Bruce Arians. :yesnod:

Don't you find it strange that Ben's teamates don't look at him as one of the team leaders? Why is that? Don't you find it strange that the team has never voted for him as their MVP following any of his first 5 seasons? He's our franchise quarterback! I think its because they see the same prima dona attitude that he shows in public.

coldrolled
03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
We are stuck with BA as long as Ben is our QB. So you had better learn to like him. Ben has delusions of grandeur and breaking all of Dan Marino's passing records. You can bet your *** that if Ben wanted a new OC we would already have a new one. Problem is that every time the subject comes up I believe Ben throws a hissy fit behind closed doors because he knows another OC might actually stand up to him and his spoiled brat tantrums. Ben loves the offense running exactly like it does. Last thing Ben wants is a balanced offense that takes pass attempts away from him. I believe the Steelers are giving their spoiled brat franchise QB exactly what he wants and what he wants is a puppet OC that he can run roughshod over. Voila.....we have Bruce Arians. :yesnod:

Don't you find it strange that Ben's teamates don't look at him as one of the team leaders? Why is that? Don't you find it strange that the team has never voted for him as their MVP following any of his first 5 seasons? He's our franchise quarterback! I think its because they see the same prima dona attitude that he shows in public.

Maybe his latest episode broke the ties and bond between BA and him in the eyes of the FO and Tomlin. Maybe they have to break up the lovefest and look forward a bit more.

:grin1: