PDA

View Full Version : Browns, Delhomme agree to deal

StlersGuy
03-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Free agent quarterback Jake Delhomme has agreed to terms on a two-year contract with the Cleveland Browns.
The QB's agent, Rick Smith confirmed Delhomme's agreement with the Browns, who have been busy trying to fix a troublesome position. Delhomme, 35, was released last week after seven seasons with the Carolina Panthers.

He had been scheduled to visit the New Orleans Saints, his hometown team, but canceled the trip. Delhomme visited the Browns on Thursday but left without a deal.
Delhomme is expected to compete for Cleveland's starting job with Brady Quinn. Earlier this week, the Browns acquired backup Seneca Wallace in a trade with Seattle and released Derek Anderson.

Story (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-jake-delhomme-031310) here

LatrobePA
03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Still a 5-11 team!

StlersGuy
03-14-2010, 12:03 AM
so what about Brady Quinn now his his days numbered now in clowntown

SteelCityKid5
03-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I am shaking in my boots.

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Delhomme? They are still smoking crack in Cleveland!

scott0326
03-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Delhomme? lol. I am happy by this signing, he blows.

steelersgal86
03-14-2010, 10:43 AM
:lol: I thought this was funny...if they think he threw alot of interceptions last season...wait till this season :duh: .... :grin1:

Captcoolhand
03-14-2010, 11:18 AM
He's just a fill-in byproduct. He won't last. They seem like the most likely team to draft Tebow..:2cents:

75Steeler
03-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Don't put him in a pressure situation or he will choke for sure!

BlackGold4vr
03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Imagine having to tell your family that you are uprooting them from the beautiful landscapes of North Carolina to..........

Cleveland!

Thats almost like telling them they got an all expenses paid trip to HELL! :reddevil:

:hilarious: Good luck with that Jake!

LatrobePA
03-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Quinn is a turd, no team wants him, if so he'd been gone last year...

beaver688
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
JUST ANOTHER CLOWN

StlersGuy
03-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I give him 1 year and he will be done in clowntown... then I think the clowns will call Kosar out of retirement. :lol:

LatrobePA
03-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I give him 1 year and he will be done in clowntown... then I think the clowns will call Kosar out of retirement. :lol:

Oh man! I can't stand listening to his broadcasts! Sounds like he has **** in his mouth!

SteelerSteve
03-14-2010, 08:26 PM
He's just a fill-in byproduct. He won't last. They seem like the most likely team to draft Tebow..:2cents:I would LOVE if the Browns drafted tebow with anticipation of being their starting qb....

dawgs
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow, you guys are very disgusting fans. Why talk like that?

I guess thats Shitsburgh for ya. We Don't even need a QB to beat you guys lol. 8 sacks wow. I just checked Jake's background. No rape's so thats always good.

Now if we can be grown ups lol...

The Browns will most likely draft a QB within the first 3 rounds. We have 3 3rd round picks. Delhomme is just a stop gap until Holmgren can figure something else out. A lot of moves this season already. Losing dead weight and gaining some talent. Now we need to build threw the Draft and see what happens.

in Holmgren I trust...

--- Added 3/14/2010 at 07:39 PM ---

Oh man! I can't stand listening to his broadcasts! Sounds like he has **** in his mouth!

At least he's not a freaking nut job like Terry Bradshaw. For real, how is that guy not in a mental hospital.

Kosar is very entertaining. He will call the plays for both teams before they even huddle and he's always right. The man knows football.

LatrobePA
03-14-2010, 10:07 PM
How many rings do each have? Terry earned the right to be f'd up a little, **** mouth not so much!

StlersGuy
03-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Wow, you guys are very disgusting fans. Why talk like that?

I guess thats Shitsburgh for ya. We Don't even need a QB to beat you guys lol. 8 sacks wow. I just checked Jake's background. No rape's so thats always good.

Now if we can be grown ups lol...

The Browns will most likely draft a QB within the first 3 rounds. We have 3 3rd round picks. Delhomme is just a stop gap until Holmgren can figure something else out. A lot of moves this season already. Losing dead weight and gaining some talent. Now we need to build threw the Draft and see what happens.

in Holmgren I trust...

--- Added 3/14/2010 at 07:39 PM ---

At least he's not a freaking nut job like Terry Bradshaw. For real, how is that guy not in a mental hospital.

Kosar is very entertaining. He will call the plays for both teams before they even huddle and he's always right. The man knows football.

F*** Clowntown and :wedaworldchamps::peebrowns::6smile: oh and 4 of our rings belong to Terry how mnay does Kosar or any other non great QB clowntown has have 0.....

dawgs
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
This is just a really trashy forum anymore. You guys don't even talk football, you just bash the Browns lol.

You guys should just call this forum the Browns bashing forum. Thats all you do. Kinda funny really.

Since Nobody in here knows football I'm out. Trash fans...

lloydfan4life
03-15-2010, 12:53 PM
This is just a really trashy forum anymore. You guys don't even talk football, you just bash the Browns lol.

You guys should just call this forum the Browns bashing forum. Thats all you do. Kinda funny really.

:bluehello: don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out, stain fan.

75Steeler
03-15-2010, 12:56 PM
The facts are this, since Arizona beat Carolina in the playoffs in 08 Delhomme has had a difficult time playing under pressure. Coach Fox had some kind of love for Jake and wouldn't sit him till late this past season with a "finger injury". Once Jake was benched the team did really well.

Why would any team in the NFL want a QB who is horrible under pressure? You talk mental issues about Bradshaw a retired QB with more Super Bowl rings than any Browns player has ever seen and you guys pick up a mental case who can't perform?

As a Cleveland fan I wouldn't be coming to a Steelers fan site talking junk about football or fans. The evidence of 6 national championships is in the Great Hall at Heinz Field.

StlersGuy
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM

so you want to talk football ok here are some numbers for you...

Overall record
Clowns: 480-387-13
Steelers: 529-495-20

Playoff Record
Clowns: 16-20 (Last appearance after 2002 season)
Steelers: 31-19 (Last appearance after 2008 season)

Super Bowls Won
Clowns: 0
Steelers: 6 out of 7

Passing Leader (all-time)
Clowns: Brian Sipe - 23,713 yards
Steelers: Terry Bradshaw - 27,989 yards

Rushing Leader (all-time)
Clowns: Jim Brown - 12,312 yards
Steelers: Franco Harris - 11,950 yards

Receiving Leader (all-time)
Clowns: Ozzie Newsome - 7,980 yards
Steelers: Hines Ward - 10,947 yards

Winningest Coach (all-time)
Clowns: Paul Brown - 158 wins
Steelers: Chuck Noll - 193 wins

Head to Head
Steelers 58 Clowns 56

From the looks of it we are and always will be the better team oh and our team has and always will be in Pittsburgh unlike you guys who had to cry to the NFL in 95 to get another team since the clowns became the rats... how does it feel knowing they won a super bowl and you still have yet to do so....:hilarious:

HUNT4SEVEN
03-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Kosar is very entertaining. He will call the plays for both teams before they even huddle and he's always right. The man knows football.[/QUOTE]

Very entertaining? he's a Liquored up @$$ hole of a anouncer, who does sound like he has SH%^ in his mouth, who's wife left his dumb drunk@$$ so i guess he would be entertaining to a Clowns Fan :hehheh:

StlersGuy
03-15-2010, 07:34 PM
http://joesportsfan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Poster-Kosar.jpg

:hilarious::lol::hilarious:

beaver688
03-15-2010, 08:39 PM
LatrobePA
Veteran

SA Gold: 1,380,356.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio steeler
I give him 1 year and he will be done in clowntown... then I think the clowns will call Kosar out of retirement.

LatrobePA
03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
LatrobePA
Veteran

SA Gold: 1,380,356.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio steeler
I give him 1 year and he will be done in clowntown... then I think the clowns will call Kosar out of retirement.

?????

beaver688
03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
#14 I can't stand listening to his broadcasts! Sounds like he has **** in his mouth!

StlersGuy
03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I found it funny we have someone from another team come in here say we do nothing but talk trash and never talk football we then throw numbers at him and he well runns away but yet we are the trash fans.

SteelerSteve
03-31-2010, 03:31 AM
Thats "Dawgs" for ya....besides I dont care if he thinks we are all "trashy" fans, coming from him I think I'd take that as a compliment....He says that we dont know football yet hes the same guy who was talking all about how awesome Brady Quinn was going to be for the Browns lol.....Anyways, Its impossible for me to take somebody named "dawgs" seriously lol

Stlrs4Life
03-31-2010, 10:09 PM

Pot meet kettle, have you even been to a Browns board? Every other thread is Steelers suck, this or that. dawgtalk forum especially.

StlersGuy
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Pot meet kettle, have you even been to a Browns board? Every other thread is Steelers suck, this or that. dawgtalk forum especially.

wait they have a board...:thinking: