PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith

Steelerlyn
11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Is Anthony Smith doing well? We have the occassional sighting on special teams (not all of it good, btw), but we just about never see him in the defensive backfield. I have no idea if he's showing any promise there or not. I know when Tyrone Carter is on the field, because I see someone smaller than
Joey Porter running his mouth constantly. Man, I wish those guys would just shut up and play!
Oh and has anyone other than me noticed that Antwan Peek is now a third string defensive end since Houston went to a 4-3 defense? What a waste! I wonder if they could be enticed into a trade for Duce ;-)

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
11-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Smith has 8 tackles and a pass defended :dunno: I always see him on special teams too and I would be surprised if those tackles are all from ST :dunno: I think now that Troy is hurt we will really get to see how Smith is going to be in the future!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2006, 07:16 PM
From all accounts that Ive heard the coaches really like Smith, he just needs some playing time to develop. Yes over the next couple weeks while Troy is out we should see him alot more.

Hburg
12-01-2006, 07:28 PM
In the preseason Anthony Smith played great, especially against the Cardinals. From what I've seen he has the capability to be a great tag team put with Polomalu. Together those two could become the fiercest duo of safeties in the league!

BuFu