PDA

View Full Version : Rams will take a look at Hank Fraley, Steelers might

Captcoolhand
03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
The Browns cut center Hank Fraley last week. Now, he'll get a look-see from the St. Louis Rams.

Agent Ralph Cindrich said via his Twitter account that the visit to Missouri will occur today.

In a subsequent tweet, Cindrich says that the Steelers have called to express interest in Fraley, but that no visit has been scheduled yet.

The ten-year veteran spent six seasons in Philly before being traded to Cleveland in 2006.

A full-time starter with the Browns for his first three seasons there (due in large part to the first-day-of-training-camp LeCharles Bentley injury), Fraley started only four games in 2009.

Though "shocked" by his release from the Browns, Fraley clearly wasn't the future at the position, given the use of a 2009 first-round pick on Alex Mack.

In St. Louis, Fraley likely would back up Jason Brown, a big-money free-agent acquisition in 2009. Fraley also could fill in at other positions on the offensive line.
PITTSBURGH - After a historic day when it comes to the free-agency period for the Steelers, Wednesday proved boring, except for the ongoing saga about the Ben Roethlisberger situation.

Examiner.com has learned via an NFL source though that former Browns lineman Hank Fraley may finish up his career where he began in the black and gold. Fraley has yet to confirm the info as he did not return a message late Wednesday night.

But If the source is correct, the 10 year veteran could provide more depth on the offensive line for an organization he admires.

Fraley signed as a rookie free agent with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2000 out of Robert Morris and started the first three preseason games, but was released a week before the regular season started.

The Steelers decided to keep veterans and then coach Bill Cowher was hoping to re-sign him off the waiver wire, but he was picked up by the Eagles before being traded to the Browns later in his career.

"I was a little disappointed when I got cut, because I thought I had a good chance to make the team," Fraley told the Examiner in an exclusive earlier this year. "But when you 're out of Robert Morris, we're not really the football powerhouse like Ohio State. So I was really excited they gave me a chance to go in there and compete. I always thank the Rooneys for letting me go in there and play. Without that opportunity, I probably wouldn't be here today.''

Following his trade to the Browns from the Eagles, Fraley made 52 starts in 63 games for Cleveland at center, and last year spelled relief at the guard slot and also lined up in tight end positions for the Browns meaning he could be a valuable spot starter gotten at the right price. http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m3d11-Pittsburgh-Steelers-freeagency-digest-Hank-Fraley-could-be-next-Foote-in-Arizona-today (http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner%7Ey2010m3d11-Pittsburgh-Steelers-freeagency-digest-Hank-Fraley-could-be-next-Foote-in-Arizona-today) Would he even be worth bringing to Pittsburgh? sounds like he could be a steal if he does and cheap too. :dunno:

Big T
03-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Can't be much worse than Hartwig...

Captcoolhand
03-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Well being that his heart always seemed to be with the Steelers, he may play is heart out and he's versatile too for added depth...:thinking:

LatrobePA
03-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Can't be much worse than Hartwig...

That's what I was thinking! Plus he could give us insight into the Browns very complicated offense (J/K)LOL

dawgs
03-12-2010, 08:55 AM
He's a real solid player. Also a real good guy. No Question better then what you guys have now. He can also play Guard. I would sign him ASAP.

Captcoolhand
03-12-2010, 08:59 AM
He's a real solid player. Also a real good guy. No Question better then what you guys have now. He can also play Guard. I would sign him ASAP.if he's all that why didn't Browns hold onto him?

Blazedby92
03-12-2010, 09:52 AM
if he's all that why didn't Browns hold onto him?

Did you forget what team your talking about?

dawgs
03-12-2010, 11:47 AM
if he's all that why didn't Browns hold onto him?

Alex Mack...

Blazedby92
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
They could of used him at guard.

dawgs
03-14-2010, 08:34 PM
They could of used him at guard.

no, we need to go younger.

HUNT4SEVEN
03-15-2010, 02:09 PM
He's a real solid player. Also a real good guy. No Question better then what you guys have now. He can also play Guard. I would sign him ASAP.

Didn't he have Depression problems one year? Why i think he's better than HartPig i wouldn't want a head case on the team we already have someone holding that down right now for us, and anyways he signed with the Rams...