PDA

View Full Version : Cody Impressive at pro day

K Train
03-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Alabama NT Terrence Cody reportedly weighed in at 6'4/348 at the Crimson Tide's Wednesday Pro Day.

Since weighing 370 at the Senior Bowl, Cody has dropped an impressive 22 pounds. He's shed six lbs. since the Combine, and still benched 225 pounds a whopping 32 times on Wednesday. Cody remains squarely in the first-round mix for a league placing more emphasis on nose tackles than ever.

told you he could drop a ton of weight really quick and with a disciplined coach i dont think it will be a problem

andyg1984
03-11-2010, 12:39 PM
impressive to see that mass bouncing around those pads .. i still think he would end up to be a great pick on our team

steelcitysfinestXL
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
told you he could drop a ton of weight really quick and with a disciplined coach i dont think it will be a problem

You said it before: It would be something to see him and Casey in a 2-man front. Plus with him playing behind Casey for the next season or two... i think when snack does decide to hang'em up, Mt.Cody could step right in and we wouldnt lose a beat!

I wouldnt be mad if we traded back and grabbed this kid. probley could drop 4-6 picks and take him. In the event he gets taken ahead of us... grab pouncey!!!

andyg1984
03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
You said it before: It would be something to see him and Casey in a 2-man front. Plus with him playing behind Casey for the next season or two... i think when snack does decide to hang'em up, Mt.Cody could step right in and we wouldnt lose a beat!

I wouldnt be mad if we traded back and grabbed this kid. probley could drop 4-6 picks and take him. In the event he gets taken ahead of us... grab pouncey!!!

10,000% agree .. cody would be a good FB too in those critical situations

JollyRob68
03-11-2010, 03:32 PM
If Cody is there in the 2nd I'd take him, not in the 1st.

K Train
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
we took hampton in the first, i would much rather use a number one pick on a talent like cody than evander ****ing hood

Blazedby92
03-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Man I would take him in the first if he didn't have weight issues but I don't know, he is losing weight now to impress but what is he going to be like after the fact he is drafted.
I don't even know if I care about linemans weight as long as they are effective at what they do.

andyg1984
03-11-2010, 07:19 PM
i cannot really think of too many effective NT's that do not have weight issues .. if you are big (espec like that) and play hard you need to hibernate in the off-season .. this guy is going to be a pro-bowler imo .. i would be fine if we took him at 18 ..

tburg68
03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Man I would take him in the first if he didn't have weight issues but I don't know, he is losing weight now to impress but what is he going to be like after the fact he is drafted.
I don't even know if I care about linemans weight as long as they are effective at what they do.

This is a stupid post. It's already been noted that he drops the weight when needed. In case you haven't noticed, and apparently you haven't, there are tons of professional football players with ample guts. Look no further than our own NT(he seemed to function fine with it) and several of our OL. Look up and down any NFL team roster, and you will find large men with weight issues who have had successful, and in many cases, Pro Bowl careers.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-11-2010, 07:55 PM
If the Steelers feel Cody is the best player available at 18 then he will be the pick.......Steelers will draft BPA bar none.....I also like the idea of trading down period and still landing a talent like Cody or Pouncey......I still hope a top OT or Earl Thomas is there at 18........

My only worry about Cody was his weight when it was up to 370.....I didn't want to see him balloon anymore.....He has dropped the WT and had an impressive pro day which shows he does have the work ethic to drop WT.........

K Train
03-12-2010, 02:07 AM
If the Steelers feel Cody is the best player available at 18 then he will be the pick.......Steelers will draft BPA bar none.....I also like the idea of trading down period and still landing a talent like Cody or Pouncey......I still hope a top OT or Earl Thomas is there at 18........

My only worry about Cody was his weight when it was up to 370.....I didn't want to see him balloon anymore.....He has dropped the WT and had an impressive pro day which shows he does have the work ethic to drop WT.........

the bold is complete bullshit, no way you could possibly tell me the BPA was evander hood or kraig urbik....no ****ing way i could name 10 better players at each spot. the drafting styles have declined under timmons, he takes his boys not te BPA

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2010, 02:39 AM
the bold is complete bullshit, no way you could possibly tell me the BPA was evander hood or kraig urbik....no ****ing way i could name 10 better players at each spot. the drafting styles have declined under timmons, he takes his boys not te BPA

Ok.....I know you're still upset over Ziggy Hood......But for the most part since Colbert has been with the Steelers the Steelers have taken the BPA approach in the first round.....There has been exceptions.......All I'm saying in my opinion the Steelers will draft BPA at 18 this year.....That is all Ktrain....lol Christ Almighty.....:lol:

As for Urbik, well Colbert has screwed the pooch in the later rounds for the most part this decade........I really don't want to list how horrible the Steelers drafts have been in the later rounds since 2004......But some years they have been brutal......

K Train
03-12-2010, 07:35 AM
just sayin im still really sad and angry and emotional about hood lol....trading the second pick and taking urbik as the next guy was just a complete draft failure. thank god for mike wallace who i kinda thought was a reach as well and the way the draft turned out i think they just got lucky more than they were being awesome scouts.

idk, at 18 i really hope im not sad (williams, odrick, iupati) and i really really hope im not depressingly mad (mays). i just wanna be happy again lol

Blazedby92
03-12-2010, 07:46 AM
This is a stupid post. It's already been noted that he drops the weight when needed. In case you haven't noticed, and apparently you haven't, there are tons of professional football players with ample guts. Look no further than our own NT(he seemed to function fine with it) and several of our OL. Look up and down any NFL team roster, and you will find large men with weight issues who have had successful, and in many cases, Pro Bowl careers.

Well I think your Dumb*** because if you actually read what I posted you just repeated it in your STUPID post.
Let me break this down for you idiot.

My QUOTE "he is losing weight now to IMPRESS but what is he going to be
the fact he is drafted."

Your Quote "It's already been noted that he drops the weight when needed."
sounds familiar:yellowthumb:

My QUOTE "I don't even know if I care about linemans weight as long as theyare effective at what they do"

Your QUOTE "Look no further than our own NT(he seemed to function fine with it) and several of our OL. Look up and down any NFL team roster, and you will find large men with weight issues who have had successful, and in many cases, Pro Bowl careers."
Sounds familiar again:clap:

Either your the Dumba** I suspected or a large man yourself:eek1:

Never said that I didn't like him I expressed my OPINION on his work ethic when he starts to get paid. I know he can get the job done know.

K Train
03-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Ok.....I know you're still upset over Ziggy Hood......But for the most part since Colbert has been with the Steelers the Steelers have taken the BPA approach in the first round.....There has been exceptions.......All I'm saying in my opinion the Steelers will draft BPA at 18 this year.....That is all Ktrain....lol Christ Almighty.....:lol:

As for Urbik, well Colbert has screwed the pooch in the later rounds for the most part this decade........I really don't want to list how horrible the Steelers drafts have been in the later rounds since 2004......But some years they have been brutal......

im just so scared were gonna take mays, my heart cant handle it

darnik44
03-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Like it or not, Cody is one of the prospects who will be in consideration. You hear so many people say he'll fall out of the first round. I think these people are clueless. He is what he is, and someone will take him in the first.

K Train
03-12-2010, 08:42 AM
cody has been one of my top considerations since before last season...he was my tyson jackson of last year, my year long man crush on the dline. unfortunately we followed up with drafting the anti tyson jackson

andyg1984
03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Like it or not, Cody is one of the prospects who will be in consideration. You hear so many people say he'll fall out of the first round. I think these people are clueless. He is what he is, and someone will take him in the first.

Do you think another guy that falls in the category of "like it or not he will be in consideration" at this point is Pouncey?

Is 18 too early? If Pouncey and Cody are on the board who do you take?

tough call imo because i think cody is the best NT since Ngata (but not as good) and now some are saying that Pouncey might be the best since Mangold (but not as good) ... if you go back and watch their head to head it makes it even more difficult ..lol

K Train
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Do you think another guy that falls in the category of "like it or not he will be in consideration" at this point is Pouncey?

tough call imo because i think cody is the best NT since Ngata (but not as good) and now some are saying that Pouncey might be the best since Mangold (but not as good) ... if you go back and watch their head to head it makes it even more difficult ..lol

i was gonna actually post that ngata thing next....hes the best true NT since ngata, just completely different players. ngata is pure athlete, a dominating force at end and nose and does it all, takes up blockers and gets after the QB....cody just takes up blockers, and alot of them and is a decent athlete for a naturally huge man.

any links to pouncey vs cody? i wouldnt mind either at 18, bot have value to the team at that spot....cant undervalue a great center when the oline is in shambles because of a gaping hole at center and NT in a 34 is what its all about

coldrolled
03-12-2010, 12:02 PM

What if we have a choice of ILB McClain or S Thomas or OLB Weatherspoon??

heres a write up of mcclain... with everyone picking OT and QB's and DT's McClain could hit #18

McClain won a starting job as a true freshman and grabbed freshman all-conference accolades with 75 tackles, including 5.5 tackles for loss. McClain earned first-team All-SEC honors, posting a team-leading 95 tackles and 12.5 tackles for loss as a sophomore. He was even better in 2009, registering career highs in tackles (105), tackles for loss (14.5) and sacks (four) in earning consensus All-American honors, being only the second Tide defender to ever win the Butkus Award (the late Derrick Thomas being the other), leading Alabama to the national title.

McClain's accomplishments don't override concerns some evaluators have about his transition from Nick Saban's highly aggressive 3-4 scheme to the NFL. McClain was protected in the Alabama scheme by 365-pound nose guard Terrance Cody, who tied up blockers up front. McClain's instincts mask his lack of elite speed and there are concerns about how he'll be able to hold up in coverage.

The other side of the argument is what McClain brings as a downhill thumper in the running game. His status as a possible first-round pick and potential immediate difference-maker in the NFL should be safe.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
just sayin im still really sad and angry and emotional about hood lol....trading the second pick and taking urbik as the next guy was just a complete draft failure. thank god for mike wallace who i kinda thought was a reach as well and the way the draft turned out i think they just got lucky more than they were being awesome scouts.

idk, at 18 i really hope im not sad (williams, odrick, iupati) and i really really hope im not depressingly mad (mays). i just wanna be happy again lol

Its alright man...lol I know you're still upset over Hood....lol You don't like Trent Williams?.......I'm fine with him, Bulaga, or Davis.......I like all three of those OT's...... Iupati and Odrick would be alright with a trade down.......I'm starting to think the Steelers best option will to trade down.....I'm starting to think all the top OT's will be gone and even Thomas.....I would ok with Spiller at 18 if he was there but I think he might be gone.......I like the idea of trading down and drafting Pouncey and then trading up early in the 2nd round for Nate Allen or Spikes if he happened to fall in the 2nd round.....

K Train
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Its alright man...lol I know you're still upset over Hood....lol You don't like Trent Williams?.......I'm fine with him, Bulaga, or Davis.......I like all three of those OT's...... Iupati and Odrick would be alright with a trade down.......I'm starting to think the Steelers best option will to trade down.....I'm starting to think all the top OT's will be gone and even Thomas.....I would ok with Spiller at 18 if he was there but I think he might be gone.......I like the idea of trading down and drafting Pouncey and then trading up early in the 2nd round for Nate Allen or Spikes if he happened to fall in the 2nd round.....

dan williams, not trent...ill take trent

i hate trading down, its so ballsy you can just get ****ed and end up without anyone you want

coldrolled
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM

logic guys... if you pick suh, mccoy, berry, okung, 2 qb's, 4 more OT's, 2 DE, Haden, 1 DT, 1 WR, 1 RB, mclain.

everyone else is left......... for #18

That leaves Thomas, Mays, Weatherspoon, Kyle Wilson, Odrick, Charles Brown, or McClain if Thomas is gone. if they pick one of these before #18... more than likely another OT will be there at #18.

there are only 17 picks before us, they cant pick all the good ones.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2010, 02:53 PM
quote=K Train;336888]dan williams, not trent...ill take trent

i hate trading down, its so ballsy you can just get ****ed and end up without anyone you want[/quote]

I'm a dork....lol How did I forget about Dan Williams?....lol

I like trading down for the simple fact if everybody is off the Steelers board at 18 then trade down and draft a Pouncey, Tate and then maybe use the extra picks to maybe trade up in the 2nd round to get a player that might slipped through the cracks of the first round.....

--- Added 3/12/2010 at 01:53 PM ---

logic guys... if you pick suh, mccoy, berry, okung, 2 qb's, 4 more OT's, 2 DE, Haden, 1 DT, 1 WR, 1 RB, mclain.

everyone else is left......... for #18

That leaves Thomas, Mays, Weatherspoon, Kyle Wilson, Odrick, Charles Brown, or McClain if Thomas is gone. if they pick one of these before #18... more than likely another OT will be there at #18.

there are only 17 picks before us, they cant pick all the good ones.

Very true....Logic escapes me right now my friend...lol You make a strong case of an OT being there....I hope so....I also would love to Earl Thomas in a Steelers uniform......

K Train
03-12-2010, 03:10 PM
the thought of taking taylor mays makes me literally feel ill

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2010, 03:11 PM
the thought of taking taylor mays makes me literally feel ill

I'm with you 100 percent......I don't want Mays at all....lol

coldrolled
03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
--- Added 3/12/2010 at 01:53 PM ---

Very true....Logic escapes me right now my friend...lol You make a strong case of an OT being there....I hope so....I also would love to Earl Thomas in a Steelers uniform......

im liking McClain as the ILB and Thomas as the FS/CB at #18

i do still like Mays.. hes a physical beast. I think he looked better when maualuga and matthews were working in front of him. and then dropped off the chart a bit with the new defense in front of him last year.

i think he will look good with troy and our LB's in front of him too.

andyg1984
03-12-2010, 06:42 PM
i was gonna actually post that ngata thing next....hes the best true NT since ngata, just completely different players. ngata is pure athlete, a dominating force at end and nose and does it all, takes up blockers and gets after the QB....cody just takes up blockers, and alot of them and is a decent athlete for a naturally huge man.

any links to pouncey vs cody? i wouldnt mind either at 18, bot have value to the team at that spot....cant undervalue a great center when the oline is in shambles because of a gaping hole at center and NT in a 34 is what its all about

no links .. they re-run gators and fsu down here 24-7 .. on a related topic cody is from florida and there are dolphans down here that think he does not make it pass the fish ...

but i would be happy with pouncey because our problem imo revolves around closing games and it is difficult to do that when your C does not match-up well (to put it nicely) with any interior DL in the AFC north .. if the guy might be the best to come through at that spot in a few years that is obviously good, but the fact that he is excellent in pass-pro makes it even better ...

DanRooney
03-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm with you 100 percent......I don't want Mays at all....lol

We won't take Mays in the first. We already have a plethora of DBs who can't make splash plays.

K Train
03-12-2010, 09:04 PM
it still scares me, i cant handle it