PDA

View Full Version : Writer Says Steelers Should Draft Tebow As Mentor for Roethlisberger

MichaelAngelo
03-09-2010, 11:44 PM
From the Orlando Sentinel what are your thoughts?:

“For all of Ben Roethlisberger’s on-field success, a second sexual assault allegation in as many years unveils a troubling pattern in Roethlisberger’s life, innocent or not. Guy’s just not being smart about his career and the positions in which he places himself. Why not draft an image-conscious quarterback such as Tim Tebow who, if anything else, could provide guidance to the two-time Super Bowl winner.

Tebow is similar to Roethlisberger in many ways. Roethlisberger has the much better arm, but they both aren’t considered textbook quarterbacks. They just get the job done. The two could be good for each other.”

here is link

Orlando Sentinel: “Steelers Should Draft Tim Tebow To Give Guidence To Roethlisberger” (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/03/orlando-sentinel-steelers-should-draft-tim-tebow-to-give-guidence-to-roethlisberger/)

LatrobePA
03-10-2010, 10:12 AM
F Tebow!

Ironman
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I was not a fan of Tebow in college, but you have to admit he was very successful. I'm not sure if that will translate into the NFL, but I think the kid will be a winner- one way or another. I wouldn't spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on him, but I wouldn't be against bringing him in regardless of the position.

LatrobePA
03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
He was a pro college QB nothing more, I don't like the guy!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Tebow is 6 years younger then Big Ben.....I couldn't see Big Ben looking at Tebow as a mentor....lol

I'm sick of all this Big Ben talk.......Right now all we know is Ben is guilty for using poor judgment and needs to mature some....That is it....Until further details come out people need to stop jumping to conclusions.......

75Steeler
03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Tebow is 6 years younger then Big Ben.....I couldn't see Big Ben looking at Tebow as a mentor....lol

I'm sick of all this Big Ben talk.......Right now all we know is Ben is guilty for using poor judgment and needs to mature some....That is it....Until further details come out people need to stop jumping to conclusions.......

Agreed!! :plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Thank you!! That's what I've been saying since this first surfaced. :iagree: :plus1:

Honestly drafting Tebow?? What kind of crack is he smoking..there is no way in hell the Steelers are drafting a QB in any round that Tebow would be considered in. If anything Dixon will be #2 this year and get more reps in practice during the week and will be the main backup to Ben should he go down.

All this "the sky is falling" crap is really getting old...LOL

andyg1984
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
read this .. it is supposed to be funny .. claims the motive of AREL was ben driven .. lmao

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359933-steelers-score-in-free-agent-market-find-roethlisberger-replacement

LatrobePA
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
read this .. it is supposed to be funny .. claims the motive of AREL was ben driven .. lmao

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359933-steelers-score-in-free-agent-market-find-roethlisberger-replacement

LOL, that is funny!

tburg68
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
If Tebow slips to the 4th/5th, draft him then, and convert him to TE.

Steel Trap86
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Tebow is going to Tampa Bay anyway IMO and I doubt Big Ben is going to look to Tebow for guidance lol

HUNT4SEVEN
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
F Tebow he will never make it in the NFL...and F Ben if he did this, Ben has his head stuck up his own @$$ right now he really needs to come down off that high horse he's been riding, and grow up...I still say the Rooneys should enforce a 2-4 game suspension on him because Dumb @$$ Roger Good for nothing Dell is not gonna do anything to Ben, he has embarrassed the Steelers Org beyond what any other player has done IMO...

scott0326
03-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Drafting Tebow would be stupid.

MattyVfromCT
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
i'm sorry. do you see ben, a 2 time super bowl champion, pro bowler, winner of more games than any qb in nfl history through the first 6 seasons of a career, etc, etc, taking advice from a rookie, who is 6 years younger and hasn't done anything in the nfl? especially considering how big of an ego ben seems to have? please. i'm not one to bash people but that was a very stupid article. stupid. a) the steelers aren't drafting tebow. b) even if they did, ben wouldn't listen to a word the guy would say. come on. common sense

andyg1984
03-10-2010, 04:32 PM
this thread is a candidate to be removed imo

Captcoolhand
03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
i'm sorry. do you see ben, a 2 time super bowl champion, pro bowler, winner of more games than any qb in nfl history through the first 6 seasons of a career, etc, etc, taking advice from a rookie, who is 6 years younger and hasn't done anything in the nfl? especially considering how big of an ego ben seems to have? please. i'm not one to bash people but that was a very stupid article. stupid. a) the steelers aren't drafting tebow. b) even if they did, ben wouldn't listen to a word the guy would say. come on. common sense
Not to mention he doesn't even listen to his own coaches...

StlersGuy
03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
http://gallery.rennlist.com/albums/album245/thread_cringe.jpg

steelersbabex25
03-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah..right. The Steelers drafting Tebow is about as likely as them picking up Randle El from the Skins. Wait...

No really. This is dumb. No point in even discussing it. 0 chance the Steelers draft Tebow and even if they did, NO chance that Ben would listen to what he says or allow him to be his "mentor." Zero. Nada. Zilch.

SteelerSteve
03-11-2010, 01:59 AM
lol Yeah, um...if you were in Bens shoes would you listen to a guy that was drafted for the sole purpose of being your mentor? lol What is tebow going to take ben out to get a milkshake instead of the club?

StlersGuy
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
lol Yeah, um...if you were in Bens shoes would you listen to a guy that was drafted for the sole purpose of being your mentor? lol What is tebow going to take ben out to get a milkshake instead of the club?

lets hope not then we will have to deal with the whole he was groping the milkshake machine :lol:

LatrobePA
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Bottom line is, Bens not a little kid anymore...

SteelerSteve
03-12-2010, 01:57 AM
lets hope not then we will have to deal with the whole he was groping the milkshake machine :lol::lol: Or him giving tebow a "milkshake" of his own...:lol:

JollyRob68
03-13-2010, 01:17 AM
We need to draft Toby Gerhart and get back to Steeler Football and POUND THE ROCK. Then it doesnt matter who the qb is they can manage the game.
This is why Cowher didn't like Ben and had him manage The Game. We made him into a ego maniac monster who wants to be pass happy like Carson Palmer but not a leader like Palmer.

K Train
03-13-2010, 01:44 PM
i would hate if we took gerhart

steelcityrockers
03-14-2010, 04:11 PM
i would hate if we took gerhart

I would like it in the 3rd round or so. Not for all the "return to 'STEELER' football" bullshit but for the sheer fact that he is a good back who would be a nice change of pace from Mendenhall and he would let MeMo do his thing on 3rd downs.