PDA

View Full Version : Sweed, might be traded

Stlrs4Life
03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/limas-sweed-met-with-staff-front-office-members-this-morning/23226/

Rumor has it, Atlanta might be his new home.

Zachintosh66
03-09-2010, 05:29 PM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/limas-sweed-met-with-staff-front-office-members-this-morning/23226/

Rumor has it, Atlanta might be his new home.

Where did you get Atl from that?

steelersbabex25
03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Good.

LatrobePA
03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Good.

LOL, he'll be a star one day...Just not for us!

Blazedby92
03-09-2010, 06:54 PM
A star, now that's funny ****.
The next jerry rice huh?

LatrobePA
03-09-2010, 07:06 PM
A star, now that's funny ****.
The next jerry rice huh?

Better than that, the next Ochcosmellmyasso! Mark it down! LOL

steelersbabex25
03-09-2010, 07:16 PM

Blehhh. I'll stick with Mike Wallace thank you :yellowthumb:.

DanRooney
03-09-2010, 07:23 PM
What a bitch. Good riddance. Can't have a crybaby with mental issues like this on the team.

Big T
03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Limas Sweed will be good...it will really disappoint me if we get rid of him...

SteelerSteve
03-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately your probably right.

coldrolled
03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately your probably right.

was the Lyme disease and concentration just a made up story??????

igor0190
03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Unfortunately now that this story is out in the media anything we could have gotten for Sweed is probably further reduced. Why would any team give up more than a 6th or 7th round pick for Sweed?? For that price, what"s the point in trading him? I mean why can't he work out his issues in Pittsburgh? Does he think another team with a change of scenery would have a better supporting group of players and coaches? I severely doubt that.

K Train
03-09-2010, 09:20 PM
im hearing he was traded, we just dont know for what yet

nothing higher than a 5th im sure, but im not ruling out jamaal anderson which would be awesome

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2010, 09:26 PM
What the hell would the Steelers get for him?.....A bag of chips and a case of beer.....

andyg1984
03-09-2010, 11:02 PM
i would be interested in a little bit of justin blalock at this point ..

Zachintosh66
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
was the Lyme disease and concentration just a made up story??????

Ive said it before... i forgot where i read it but people were saying it was depression and home sick NOT lyme Disease.

Steelerlyn
03-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Some of you have short memories

That a$$hole singlehandly lost the 1st Bengals game by dropping the ball in the endzone.
Ben threw him a perfect pass, he caught it which meant we won the game then he dropped it which meant we lost the game.

xxxsteelernation
03-10-2010, 12:24 AM
all the reports i've heard steelers have already cut him

Prosdo
03-10-2010, 12:42 AM
I think they are just going to cut him. In all honesty what could we really even get for him? He has shown little and has been terribly inconsistent.

xxxsteelernation
03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
the only thing i can remember good that he has done is when he laid out that i think ravens guy on that block in the afc championship game. (correct me if i'm wrong) but i know he laid someone out on a block that all i remember that he has done. o and the dropped td against cincy

Captcoolhand
03-10-2010, 12:59 AM
There's a rampant rumor making the rounds that the Pittsburgh Steelers are in the process of trading receiver Limas Sweed to the Atlanta Falcons.

Per a league source, the rumor is not true.

Though it's entirely possible that the Steelers are willing to declare Sweed a bust and move him on to a team with an affinity for pass-catchers who can't consistently catch passes (Jacksonville, anyone?), the Falcons won't be the destination.

Look for Atlanta to stand pat with their current depth chart at wideout, barring a setback in the rehab of Harry Douglas (torn ACL) or the sudden inability of one or more of them to, you know, catch passes.High hopes to squashed dreams.....Strange how you go from College star to 2nd round bust.

He would be a perfect canidate for Europe but to bad thay's not around anymore. :duh:

coldrolled
03-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Ive said it before... i forgot where i read it but people were saying it was depression and home sick NOT lyme Disease.

ok, but google sweed and lyme disease there are a few articles.

Blazedby92
03-10-2010, 09:05 AM
the only thing i can remember good that he has done is when he laid out that i think ravens guy on that block in the afc championship game. (correct me if i'm wrong) but i know he laid someone out on a block that all i remember that he has done. o and the dropped td against cincy

Of course if I remember right that "block" was right after he dropped a WIDE OPEN GUARANTEED TD, :clap:there wasn't a guy within 10 yards of him.
He then had a great block after ward got in his ***.

BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2010, 10:11 AM
What the hell would the Steelers get for him?.....A bag of chips and a case of beer.....

Maybe a bag of chips, but they wouldn't throw in a full case of beer I'm sure :banana:

I can't say as I blame the guy for wanting out, you haven't done **** in the 2 years you've been here. When you are on the field you drop everything around you, you had that one good play vs the Ratbirds I think it was but that was the highlight of your career to date. You're team brings in a new WR in FA and rumors swirl that your time in Pittsburgh is done...so yeah I'd want out too.

Nobody is going to give up a 2nd round for him though so we're losing out big time on this one.

K Train
03-10-2010, 10:24 AM
he'll probably tke over the world when he gets out....if he goes to a place that needs him to get involved and play alot of downs he'll be successful, i feel like if they force him on the field he'll turn the corner, he just doesnt get opportunities with us since hes cold off the bench and cant get a rhythm, plax was the same way but we needed him on the field...sweed not so much

75Steeler
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Let himget a new start somewhere else. Maybe the guy will learn to catch the ball and not fake injuries somewhere else. like......Cleveland!!!! :rofl:

coldrolled
03-10-2010, 12:22 PM
he'll probably tke over the world when he gets out....if he goes to a place that needs him to get involved and play alot of downs he'll be successful, i feel like if they force him on the field he'll turn the corner, he just doesnt get opportunities with us since hes cold off the bench and cant get a rhythm, plax was the same way but we needed him on the field...sweed not so much

it will happen for him, he will be good somewhere. he is under the training of a psycho analytical BA.

only wallace has made it thru with shear talent, the BA gauntlet of insanity couldnt ruin it.

maybe mendenhall cracked thru too now. other than that. all the offensive rookies under BA are a bust.

throw into the wind, they expect us to run....

run ben up the middle with a concussion, they'll never suspect it... and on and on.

you dropped a ball, your in the dog house for weeks. BA is the bust.

SteelerRush
03-10-2010, 01:36 PM
it will happen for him, he will be good somewhere. he is under the training of a psycho analytical BA.

only wallace has made it thru with shear talent, the BA gauntlet of insanity couldnt ruin it.

maybe mendenhall cracked thru too now. other than that. all the offensive rookies under BA are a bust.

throw into the wind, they expect us to run....

run ben up the middle with a concussion, they'll never suspect it... and on and on.

you dropped a ball, your in the dog house for weeks. BA is the bust.
Not disagreeing with you here. On offense we don't let rookies start out with plays they are good out or used to doing in college so they don't get game experience. BA wants the rookies to learn the whole offense before they even get on the field. In contrast on defense rookies get put in the game in situational spots and get a chance to play at game speed.

right on!

steelcitysfinestXL
03-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Not disagreeing with you here. On offense we don't let rookies start out with plays they are good out or used to doing in college so they don't get game experience. BA wants the rookies to learn the whole offense before they even get on the field. In contrast on defense rookies get put in the game in situational spots and get a chance to play at game speed.

right on!

I attribute that to the way Kevin Coltbert and the Steelers do business. They NEVER leave themselves in a position where they draft for NEED. Prime ex:signing Allen, Clark, Battle, Scott and Randal El. Five guys who give them depth where it was needed... So they can take their time and get guys in the draft who MAY better fit their system.

As far as rookies learning the system... how many rookies do you see starting week 1 for teams like: The Colts, Pats and SD??? Not many, if any! Successful teams RARELY need a rook to come in and be an immediate starter... if they do end up winning a starting role, its a huge bonus!

scott0326
03-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Sweed to Arizona for a 1st round pick, it makes perfect sense for both sides. Cardinals add another ex Steelers to their collection and Steelers get a first round pick.

BlackGold4vr
03-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Im not sure based on his game tape that a team would trade us their waterboy for him!

:hilarious:

DanRooney
03-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't think the Steelers are going to let him go for free. He'll probably have one more year as a Steeler as a #5 receiver...

Zachintosh66
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't think the Steelers are going to let him go for free. He'll probably have one more year as a Steeler as a #5 receiver...

Best #5 in the league, lmao

JollyRob68
03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
KC wanted him.The Steelers should give them a call as well as the raiders.

LatrobePA
03-11-2010, 04:34 PM
If it were me I'd give him one more year, or convert him to DB!!

cmerrifield
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
If someone would give us a 4th round in this draft, I would take it.

andyg1984
03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
here is something saying that the reason sweed went on IR was severe depression ..

we basically have no choice .. it is in his head that he will not do well here .. he needs a fresh start somewhere else .. it is fair to him and us imo ..

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4679&line=169664&spln=1

Blazedby92
03-11-2010, 07:01 PM
If it were me I'd give him one more year, or convert him to DB!!

He does play good DEFENSE and him a taylor can practice throwing balls at each others hands to see if they are DB material.

tburg68
03-11-2010, 09:04 PM
NO ONE can convince me that the 2010 Steelers are a better team with Randel El as the 4th receiver instead of Sweed!

Zachintosh66
03-11-2010, 10:27 PM
NO ONE can convince me that the 2010 Steelers are a better team with Randel El as the 4th receiver instead of Sweed!

Without a dobut... ARE may be getting old but at least he can catch

Blazedby92
03-12-2010, 08:53 AM

Can you actually tell me how many balls Sweed caught because i could be wrong but EL has had a much better career than butterfingers himself.

Hey news flash HE DIDN'T PLAY LAST YEAR BECAUSE HE HAD A CASE OF THE DROPSIES i don't think EL EVER got sat down because he couldn't do his job.
Now granted EL is no superstar but sweed isn't a pimple on EL's ***

So yes right now on paper they are better with EL

K Train
03-12-2010, 09:03 AM
no way, el has zero upside, hes old, maxed out, slower, not as shifty and half the player he was which wasnt even very good

Blazedby92
03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I know what your saying and it's pretty much true that el has lost a few steps and I was probably excited as you when they drafted Sweed but for myself I have given up on him, the star potiental is definitly there but I think he has given up on himself more than I have given up on him.
He needs to get his head out of his *** to be sucessful or his hands out of his pockets I should say because even in practice apparently he isn't impressing anyone there either otherwise he would be on the field.

So right now el is better atleast on paper.

DanRooney
03-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Maybe we can trade Sweed to the Dolphins for the Ted Ginn family

Steelerlyn
03-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Without a dobut... ARE may be getting old but at least he can catch

and hang onto the ball plus we may get some good punt returns again,

Woodson_DownUnder
03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Some of you have short memories

That a$$hole singlehandly lost the 1st Bengals game by dropping the ball in the endzone.
Ben threw him a perfect pass, he caught it which meant we won the game then he dropped it which meant we lost the game.

And that's not the only other time he dropped a gimme. Took an outstanding spectacular outstretched contested reception in the 2009 pre-season game. But unfortunately didn't do much during the regular season. Won't regret having him CUT/ traded. I've got more faith and delighted Randle El is BACK!!