PDA

View Full Version : Twitter about Jonathan Scott from the Bills

cmerrifield
03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I heard that we signed Jon Scott from the Bills today, he was an RFA not tendered, anyone know anything about this or confirm it?

K Train
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah he signed....seems like theyve given up on hills

SteelCityKid5
03-08-2010, 08:33 PM
From Gerry Dulac on PG+

"Scott (6-foot-6, 318 pounds), who started two games at right tackle and six games at left tackle for the Bills last season, will visit the Steelers offices today and is expected to sign a multi-year contract, a move that will reunite him with Sean Kugler, his position coach in Buffalo."

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Kugler must have liked this guy enough to bring him here; from what I understand our new OL is a motivator and a guy who loves to run block and play tough physical football. If that's the case then maybe we'll find a gem here; but we'll see.

Steeler Vet
03-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Kugler must have liked this guy enough to bring him here; from what I understand our new OL is a motivator and a guy who loves to run block and play tough physical football. If that's the case then maybe we'll find a gem here; but we'll see.

I hope so I love when the steelers can run the rock smash it down the other teams throat and deflate them. Miss that steeler football.

SteelCityKid5
03-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I agree with KTrain, Hills is most likely a goner. To me, Hills was the oddest Steeler I can recall. I never heard updates of him or if he was re/progressing. The guy should have had a question mark as his number.

Zachintosh66
03-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I agree with KTrain, Hills is most likely a goner. To me, Hills was the oddest Steeler I can recall. I never heard updates of him or if he was re/progressing. The guy should have had a question mark as his number.

That fine Hills only dressed for like 5 games anyways :lol:

igor0190
03-09-2010, 12:24 AM
So our new Oline coach brings in Jonathan Scott
New special teams vouches for Arnaz Battle
Tomlin vouches for Will Allen
Randle El, and Ryan Clark get signed.

Actually pretty interesting free agency so far by Steelers standards. Having new coaches is like having extra scouts who were on the inside of another organization and know first hand what guys can bring.

HUNT4SEVEN
03-09-2010, 12:43 AM
So our new Oline coach brings in Jonathan Scott
New special teams vouches for Arnaz Battle
Tomlin vouches for Will Allen
Randle El, and Ryan Clark get signed.

Actually pretty interesting free agency so far by Steelers standards. Having new coaches is like having extra scouts who were on the inside of another organization and know first hand what guys can bring.

Yea I agree:tt02:We never been this busy:lol: J.Scott is a UFA not RFA, 5 signings in 1 day that's alot for us.....I wouldn't mind them trying to get Bodden either i wanted them to get him last year, he's ok and i think would be a good fit in our system, and he's definetly better then Gay...Go Steelers!!

Zachintosh66
03-09-2010, 12:49 AM
We better have the #1 ST next year tho :)

--- Added 3/8/2010 at 11:49 PM ---

I wouldn't mind them trying to get Bodden either i wanted them to get him last year, he's ok and i think would be a good fit in our system, and he's definetly better then Gay...Go Steelers!!

Got a tweet that Bodden signed and stayed in NE today...

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm fine with the Scott signing......The needed a swing tackle and that is what Scott is........Hills was garbage....

cmerrifield
03-09-2010, 07:21 AM
I am not 100% sure this means no Hills, Colon is only on a 1 year contract and will be asking for big money after this. We really do not have a backup tackle other than hills. Foster is a better backup guard. So maybe we want 2 backup tackles on the roster this year.

igor0190
03-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I am not 100% sure this means no Hills, Colon is only on a 1 year contract and will be asking for big money after this. We really do not have a backup tackle other than hills. Foster is a better backup guard. So maybe we want 2 backup tackles on the roster this year.

With a new O-Line coach in town I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott or Foster starting at RG next season. New coach has no loyalty to any of these guys and will just call it how he sees it.

STEELER 4 LIFE
03-12-2010, 09:43 PM

:lol::yesnod::hilarious::lol::yesnod::hilarious:

Woodson_DownUnder
03-15-2010, 09:52 PM
So I take that the Steelers first round pick will be a CB? Earl Thomas from Texas I believe? Most of the mock drafts have the Steelers taking an OT. Will Scott be a starter from Week 1?