PDA

View Full Version : what was more heartbreaking?

xxxsteelernation
03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
the Super bowl loss to dallas or the 2004 afc championship game to the patriots after the 15-1 regular season?

DanRooney
03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Roethlisberger being accused of rape for the 2nd consecutive year in the offseason.

DBR96A
03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
The 1994 AFC Championship loss to San Diego.

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2010, 09:01 PM
What DBR said.

Goodfrom55
03-05-2010, 09:10 PM
The '94 choke job vs SanDiego crushed me. ^%%$#*!! Tim McKyer!

SteelCityKid5
03-05-2010, 09:16 PM
04 .... I was 4 in 94 and 5 in 95 sooo I cant really recall those.

steelersbabex25
03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
04 .... I was 4 in 94 and 5 in 95 sooo I cant really recall those.

:plus1:

andyg1984
03-05-2010, 09:34 PM
i missed two days of 3rd grade after the super bowl loss to dallas ... locked myself in the room - would not come out .. i felt bad in '04 but when u are a kid it is tough, real tough

steelerzion
03-05-2010, 10:37 PM
and the 97 loss to denver, and the 01 loss to the patriots, and of course 94 is the winner!

StlersGuy
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Super Bowl XXX Cowgirls 27 Steelers 17 .... This is the one that we gave away, no more like O'Donnell gave away..

MattyVfromCT
03-06-2010, 06:17 AM
super bowl xxx. and personally i think the 01 afc championship game was worse than the 04 game because in 04, the pats were a 14-2 team and were the defending champs, plus the steelers received a gift from the jets in the divisional round with doug brien missing 2 potential game winning field goals. in 01, the pats were not an elite team and we were heavily favored. our offense put up more points than theirs, but our special teams SUCKED. i dont know if theres anything worse than a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown. plus the punt return td we gave up as well. joey dropping an easy pick that would have gone or 6, kordell with 3 picks, our running game shut down 01 was a HUGE disappointment for me. the pats came out of nowhere, unlike 04 where they were already an established team. of the afc championship game losses in my lifetime, 94 is the worse. come on, stan humphries!? and then to see what a joke the chargers were in the super bowl. ugh! 97 was bad as well. but super bowl xxx to me is the worst. 2 super bowl wins have not made me get over that game. we outplayed the cocky, arrogant cowboys in the 2nd half except for one idiot qb. god i hate o'donnell

Stlrs4Life
03-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Very good point matty.

kgreen
03-06-2010, 03:45 PM
The 04 loss was bad, but the two rap accusations are worse.

MattyVfromCT
03-06-2010, 03:50 PM
The 04 loss was bad, but the two rap accusations are worse.

agreed. although the latest accusation is not rape. the deputy commissioner for the milledgeville police dept was asked in his press conference if the charge is rape and he said no, it's sexual assault/sexual manipulation. but i agree nonetheless. i get home from work to see if the steelers made any moves and i have to hear this nonsense. let's just hope that it isn't true, which i don't think it is considering the absurdity of the details regarding the matter. but either way, i'm pissed off about this. ruined my weekend

Zachintosh66
03-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Super Bowl XXX... we had momentum and the trophy seemed to be ours soon

vs the Pats, Ben was so young... history&nfl ghosts were all against us. He had an incredible run but at some point they were going to hit a bump. I remember wanting the Steelers to lose that season prior to the playoffs just to get it "out of their system" and remember what the taste of a loss was before they started that playoff push... :(

PittFanInFla
03-06-2010, 11:45 PM
ya know im no o'donnel fan either but i find it funny that when we win its said that no one man can win a game but when we lose its always easy to blame it on one man ....... one of my saddest steeler moments was when i first heard kordell was gonna be our starting QB and nolonger slash....... i still say he coulda been a hall of famer WR....

igor0190
03-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Sexual manipulation? Would that be like buying a girl that you are flirting with at the bar several shooters or drinks at the bar and then going somewhere more private in the club to fool around?

I think a lot of people may be guilty of this one.

Callax
03-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Loss to dallas, because that was the Superbowl...
the 94 afc championship game, I don't know if we'd beat SF, they were very good that year!!!

TampaSteelGirl
03-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Super Bowl XXX Cowgirls 27 Steelers 17 .... This is the one that we gave away, no more like O'Donnell gave away..

Im STILL not over that one!! Thanks for putting more salt in my wound!! :rofl:

the Pats game Eh...they are cheaters anyway but O'Donnell is still crap in my book!

lloydfan4life
03-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Sexual manipulation? Would that be like buying a girl that you are flirting with at the bar several shooters or drinks at the bar and then going somewhere more private in the club to fool around?

:smh: I think sexual manipulation may refer to forcefully making her get on top when you know she prefers the bottom. :dunno:

As far as the thread.... gotta go with SB XXX. We definitely were on our way back to winning that game.

Thanks Neil! :bitchslap:

B&G4EVER
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
the afc championship game

Miller83
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Definitely the loss to the Patriots!

Woodson_DownUnder
03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, SB XXX. The Steelers LOSt that one. :cursin: The Cowboys capitalised on the stupid errors and I was :banging: with some predictable :willybs: play calls from Cowher that contributed to stalling some Steelers drives that should of at least been a 3 points on 3 occassions. But instead, turnovers and punts JUST KILLED the momentum to put the sword thru the Cowboys.

I'd like to add that Losing to DENVER in the 1997/98 Conference Championship was far more irritating than having Dennis Gibson make amazing defensive plays in the 1994/5 Conference Championship loss. The 2004 season was a Cinderella fairytale story that struck on the wrong side of MIDNIGHT. Proud of achieving a 15-1 record and surviving a dramatic Divisional play-off against the unlucky JETS (who lost that one).

My second play-off game as a bona fide Steeler fan in the '89 season was the LOSS to Denver courtesy of a John Elway come from behind win. :reddevil: Merril Hoge played his best game EVER!! Amazing how well the Steelers recovered after the most humiliating start to any season in the history of the club.

Also I'd like to point out the mid-season 0-5 meltdown the past season after a strong 6-2 start. :cursin:

MattyVfromCT
03-17-2010, 04:42 PM
still super bowl xxx, but the more i think about it, the 2001 afc championship game might be worse than 1994. they are showing it on nfl greatest games on nfl network and just watching a couple minutes of it makes me livid. our running game nonexistent, kordell's 3 picks, the blocked field goal returned for a td, the punt return for a td, peezy dropping an easy pick that would have been 6 and to make matters worse, ty law, WHO I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HATE, showboating and running his mouth off during the whole game. god that game pisses me off. 2004 wasn't as bad. super bowl xxx was definitely the worst, but 2001 is right up there. 94 was really bad but i was just a kid then and i hadn't been a steeler fan that long. i really felt during 2001 that it was our year and we flat out choked to the patriots. oh, and how could i forget those cocky piece of **** patriots mocking the steeler fans waving their white towels. god i hate that ****ing team. and living in new england doesn't make things better. *******s