PDA

View Full Version : **Latest Updates on Roethlisberger ** 4/12; DA confirms NO charges will be filed**

Pages : [1] 2

MichaelAngelo
03-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault by a young woman in Georgia TMZ has learned.

The alleged incident occurred early this morning at Capital City — a club in Milledgeville, Georgia.

The alleged victim, who has already been interviewed by police, has been treated and released.

We’re told in addition to the alleged victim, witnesses are being interviewed — and one law enforcement source says they will attempt to interview Roethlisberger

here is link to full story

Ben Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assualt This Morning (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/03/breaking-news-ben-roethlisberger-accused-of-sexual-assualt-this-morning/)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I put zero stock in this until it's confirmed by a real media outlet; until then it's hearsay and somebody just trying to get a piece of Roethlisberger's paycheck.

Big T
03-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I saw it too....idk whatever

Slug
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm hoping it isn't true. Big *facepalm* to Big Ben if it is. The dude just needs to stay the hell home and rent movies.

lloydfan4life
03-05-2010, 04:56 PM
oh geeezzzz.... here we go again.... :rolleyes:

:iagree: with everything Top Gun said..... until then... :whatever1:

MichaelAngelo
03-05-2010, 04:58 PM
ProFootballtalk now reporting:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/roethlisberger-accused-of-sexual-assault-again/

Big T
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe Ben is just selfish in bed so these women get pissed...we'll see

Troyisabeast_43
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Whatever the case maybe there appears to be some truth to this story. Whether Ben is guilty of this or not he needs to quit putting himself in these type of prediciments because it's getting ridiculous now...

floodcitygirl
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Whatever the case maybe there appears to be some truth to this story. Whether Ben is guilty of this or not he needs to quit putting himself in these type of prediciments because it's getting ridiculous now...:iagree: Uggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coldrolled
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Whatever the case maybe there appears to be some truth to this story. Whether Ben is guilty of this or not he needs to quit putting himself in these type of prediciments because it's getting ridiculous now...

The Steelers #18 pick Jim Clausen

Troyisabeast_43
03-05-2010, 05:17 PM

Again Im not saying Ben is guilty or anything just yet but he clearly keeps putting himself in a position with these kind of situations that keep taking place are possible. Ben needs to wise up and learn from a guy like Sidney Crosby and keep a low profile and stay out of these kind of situations period...

DanRooney
03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
tmz is now reporting Ben Roethlisberger is a retard

MattyVfromCT
03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
i don't buy it. i'm sorry. call me a homer but i have a hard time believing ben would be stupid enough to sexually assault anyone, considering he is still on trial for the same thing with mcnutty. seems to me that this is some girl who figured "hey, he's on trial for sexual assault. if i go to the authorities right away, it will be believable and i can win a case getting some cash and 15 minutes of fame".

franchise3
03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
i don't buy it. i'm sorry. call me a homer but i have a hard time believing ben would be stupid enough to sexually assault anyone, considering he is still on trial for the same thing with mcnutty. seems to me that this is some girl who figured "hey, he's on trial for sexual assault. if i go to the authorities right away, it will be believable and i can win a case getting some cash and 15 minutes of fame".

100% agree with you

Captcoolhand
03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Maybe Ben is just selfish in bed so these women get pissed...we'll see
He does has a better than thou f*cked up attitude. But who knows, maybe he couldn't live up to his name BIG Ben...:D

Troyisabeast_43
03-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Whether you believe it or not the bottom line is you cant keep getting accused of things like this from different women all the time like Ben has now had happened to him twice within the last year without there being some sort of truth to it. Whether it's true or not Ben is still a moron for putting himself in enough of a position where something like this can happen again.

MattyVfromCT
03-05-2010, 06:07 PM
100% agree with you

and what pisses me off is the comments by idiots like mike florio at pft and the posters there as well. everyone is jumping to conclusions yet IT WAS REPORTED BY TMZ! TMZ IS A G-DAMN TABLOID! unless it's reported by legitimate news sources than these idiots really need to stfu

--- Added 3/5/2010 at 04:03 PM ---

Whether you believe it or not the bottom line is you cant keep getting accused of things like this from different women all the time like Ben has now had happened to him twice within the last year without there being some sort of truth to it. Whether it's true or not Ben is still a moron for putting himself in enough of a position where something like this can happen again.

then you can make a case that any man who sleeps around with multiple women is a moron because ANYBODY is capable of accusing someone of rape. how many times do we see celebrities accused of this or similar only to end up going nowhere. some woman claimed randy moss beat her up back in 07. what happened with that? nothing. tila tequilla or whatever her name is accused shawn merriman of beating her. she went to the police and they threw it out because there was no evidence. i can walk into a club, leave and have consensual sex with a girl and she can accuse me of the same. does that make me a moron? no. but i do hope that ben stays away from these crazy broads and settles down. if he didn't learn before, he certainly did now

--- Added 3/5/2010 at 04:07 PM ---

http://www.steelersgab.com/2010/03/05/photo-shows-ben-at-cafe-in-georgia-hours-before-allegations/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersGab+%28Steelers+Gab%2 9&utm_content=Twitter

update

HUNT4SEVEN
03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I put zero stock in this until it's confirmed by a real media outlet; until then it's hearsay and somebody just trying to get a piece of Roethlisberger's paycheck.

He better hope this is just some BS... like Troy43 said Ben should of learned from the last episode, He doesn't need this type of attention right now, What a DUMB @$$...:rant2:

--- Added 3/5/2010 at 04:14 PM ---

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

steelersbabex25
03-05-2010, 06:18 PM
I feel bad for players like this, always in the public eye. The fact of the matter is, she may have just wanted a piece of his paycheck, which is highly probable, or he might have sexually assaulted her, which is highly improbable considering the fact that IF he did do it once I don't think he'd be so stupid as to do it again. You can't just speculate on what you think might have happened, because we really have no idea.

MattyVfromCT
03-05-2010, 06:44 PM
The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told police the whole thing went down inside the women's restroom of a Georgia nightclub.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the woman told cops she was inside the restroom of Capital City nightclub when the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback entered and allegedly assaulted her."

i'm sorry. i find this VERY HARD to believe. that a man who is already on trial for sexual assault would enter the women's restroom of a nightclub, A PUBLIC PLACE WHERE ANYONE CAN WALK INTO, and sexually assault a girl. i'm sorry. call me a homer. in this country you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. and i don't think he will be PROVEN guilty. the fact that it came from tmz and the details are very vague, it sounds like bs to me.

--- Added 3/5/2010 at 04:27 PM ---

I feel bad for players like this, always in the public eye. The fact of the matter is, she may have just wanted a piece of his paycheck, which is highly probable, or he might have sexually assaulted her, which is highly improbable considering the fact that IF he did do it once I don't think he'd be so stupid as to do it again. You can't just speculate on what you think might have happened, because we really have no idea.

exactly. and thrown in the fact that this alleged incident took place in a public women's restroom. i don't buy it one bit.

--- Added 3/5/2010 at 04:44 PM ---

and think about it. the police are not looking to interview him until monday at the earliest. don't you think if there was sufficient evidence of any wrongdoing that a warrant would be out for his arrest? come on. do you smell it? i smell it. BULLSHIT

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Ben's agent is reporting that the case will be dropped....Regardless Ben needs to stay away from the bar sluts and date super models like Tom Brady....Leave the money hungry crazy bar sluts alone Ben....Ben if you're that horny then go to the Bunny Ranch please and you can afford it buddy.....

Ben's decision making as a person is really puzzling.....especially when the first case hasn't been dropped yet....lol

MattyVfromCT
03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Ben's agent is reporting that the case will be dropped....Regardless Ben needs to stay away from the bar sluts and date super models like Tom Brady....Leave the money hungry crazy bar sluts alone Ben....Ben if you're that horny then go to the Bunny Ranch please and you can afford it buddy.....

Ben's decision making as a person is really puzzling.....especially when the first case hasn't been dropped yet....lol

agreed. looking at all the info, this appears to be complete bs. it allegedly happened in a women's restroom at a nightclub. when have you ever seen an empty restroom, men's or women's at a bar or nightclub. there's no such thing. second, i have a hard time believing anybody would be stupid enough to sexually assault anyone in a restroom of a public place that is crowded, let alone a famous athlete who is currently in a civil trial for sexual assault. third, the police have said they don't intend to interview ben until monday at the earliest, despite the fact that this girl went to the police. don't you think that they would have issued an arrest warrant if there was any evidence of wrongdoing? common sense. not to mention the fact that this was reported by tmz with very vague details. it sound like some girl though she could make some money by making this accusation and win in court because A) ben is already involved in a similar suit B) she went to the police right away, unlike mcnulty, which would help her case more. i mean come on. after reading all the details that tmz released it sounds completely fabricated. call me a homer but in this great country, you are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!

TEEMONT
03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Man....if Ben was a bungles QB....not a ****ing one of you would be defending him

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-accused-of-sexual-assault-030510

foxsports now reporting it....and I heard it on ESPN radio earlier.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Man....if Ben was a bungles QB....not a ****ing one of you would be defending him

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-accused-of-sexual-assault-030510

I beg to differ.....I never made fun of the Bengals when they had their string of arrests.......I'm not defending Ben either....I'm waiting for more details......But its looking like another money hungry slut to me.....Regardless Ben needs to stop putting himself in these situations.......If he is guilty then he needs to be punished to the max of the law.......

MattyVfromCT
03-05-2010, 07:29 PM

considering the details of this case, i dont care if it was carson palmer or tom brady. i WOULD be defending them. because i believe in the ideals this country was founded on. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. and yes i defended michael irvin, who i ****ing hat, in his recent "rape" accusation. if a woman is willingly going to enter a room with a man after several drinks, what are they expecting? to have a nice night of watching a golden girls marathon? i mean come on give me a break. and quite frankly, i'm also sick and tired of these women that abuse the word "rape" trying to make a big payday from a celebrity.

spyboots
03-05-2010, 07:36 PM
This is a setup, people.

A Pac
03-05-2010, 07:39 PM
i'm not saying that he's guilty, but damn. he needs to stop being a dumbass and putting himself in these situations. what an ***. i don't know if he innocent or not but he sure does have his head up his ***. at least this woman took the proper steps and informed the police. rape allegations don't exactly happen to every nfl player. there is something fishy about what he does. he needs to stop going to these places. he's acting like pacman jones.

dawgs
03-05-2010, 07:51 PM
What is wrong with this guy? even if the charges are dropped, common. Leave the hookers alone man.

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2010, 08:25 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=69877

A Pac
03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
in all seriousness, the people we should feel bad for are the women who really do get raped. woman who falsely accuse men of rape make it that much harder to the women who really do get abused. if this turns out to be bs, don't feel bad for ben. he is a millionaire and keeps meeting up with random bar skanks. feel bad for the next woman who really does get raped in america.

MattyVfromCT
03-05-2010, 08:31 PM
in all seriousness, the people we should feel bad for are the women who really do get raped. woman who falsely accuse men of rape make it that much harder to the women who really do get abused. if this turns out to be bs, don't feel bad for ben. he is a millionaire and keeps meeting up with random bar skanks. feel bad for the next woman who really does get raped in america.

well said

franchise3
03-05-2010, 09:09 PM
I can't even believe anyone would think that Ben raped either of those women. This doesn't have anything with him being a Steeler. Famous athletes don't rape women and they certainly don't do it the 2nd time while still on trial for the 1st time.

And all of the people saying that he needs to get his act together and stop doing s***... well, I kind of agree but at the same time, if you are a man, take a look in the mirror and be honest with yourself. If a hot chick walked up to you in the bar and you were dipsy and single, you would turn her down??? I don't care if you are a celebrity or not...

xxxsteelernation
03-05-2010, 09:12 PM
well if something does happen to ben hope they get dennis familerized with the whole bruce arians atari offense

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
So PFT is reporting with TMZ reported...yeah I still don't put any stock in this yet. Clearly Ben cannot be that stupid to enter into a womens restroom in a busy nightclub and assault a woman. Honestly, whatever comes of this, hopefully nothing, it's unfortunate he's being dragged through the ringer yet again.

Im not going to pass judgment on him either way till we get more info or a statement from Ben.

xxxsteelernation
03-05-2010, 09:27 PM
if ben wanted to get some that bad, he needs to go to the playboy mansion and get some there. atleast they have a signed contract there.

lloydfan4life
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
:evilshake: F**k'in Ben..... keep your Little Ben in your pants idiot.

LatrobePA
03-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Ben is an idiot for even putting himself in this postion. He's just asking for trouble being out at a POS club with a bunch of skanks!!

Pretty upsetting!!

DBR96A
03-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Didn't he have Jerome Bettis and Willie Colon there with him?

I'm sure they must have blocked the door to the ladies' room.

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2010, 10:00 PM
What is the difference between sexual assault, and rape?

andyg1984
03-05-2010, 10:24 PM
guilty or innocent ben just took a big hit in terms of his "brand image" .. it does not matter if he is innocent - this will be a recurring punchline all throughout popular media ..

obviously not true imo, but perception is reality as we all know .. interested to see how this plays out in the media

Zachintosh66
03-05-2010, 10:29 PM
So begins the Dennis Dixon era... :stirpot:

andyg1984
03-05-2010, 10:48 PM
c'mon man .. please dnt say that ..lol .. i would have to redo my entire living room .. just another skank .. 241 on the dot .. no way

--- Added 3/5/2010 at 08:48 PM ---

here is something else that hints the chief of police "stopped short" of naming roth a suspect ..

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/05/roethlisberger.accusation/

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2010, 10:58 PM
And, she is 20. Doesn't that bar card there customers?

A Pac
03-05-2010, 11:06 PM
rape is a type of sexual assault. there are different degrees of it. rape is the worst it can get. however, grabbing a woman's butt is also sexual assault. the same thing goes if you punch a guy in the nuts. although it's hilarious, it's still sexual assault.

NCSteeler
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Not sure what this means "The unidentified woman claims she was "sexually assaulted or sexually manipulated"

But Ben needs to stay the F home more, how about an anti Nightclub clause

http://www.ajc.com/news/roethlisberger-officially-a-suspect-350716.html

LatrobePA
03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
All day I've been watching this damn blackberry to see if we'd snag any FA's and I have to see this crap out of town!

Go seek help like Tiger or just rub off like us normal guys!!

Sir Blitzelot
03-06-2010, 12:16 AM
This is ridiculous, the allegations were dismissed last night by police. This is just another attempt to try and give Ben a bad name... I don't believe it for a second. :nono:

Steeler Vet
03-06-2010, 01:08 AM
All day I've been watching this damn blackberry to see if we'd snag any FA's and I have to see this crap out of town!

Go seek help like Tiger or just rub off like us normal guys!!

LOL I know same boat Im like oh the Steelers then I see what it is unreal.

--- Added 3/5/2010 at 11:08 PM ---

This is ridiculous, the allegations were dismissed last night by police. This is just another attempt to try and give Ben a bad name... I don't believe it for a second. :nono:

I was going to say they question him let him go maybe there is not enough evidence or another bimbo trying to get rich on a famous football star.

DBR96A
03-06-2010, 01:37 AM
They're going to do a follow-up interview with Ben and the alleged witnesses. We'll know more once that happens.

ejsteeler
03-06-2010, 09:10 AM
You all know I'm a Ben fan, but how can you not think there is something wrong with this guy now? Like any cockroach, if he's guilty, he should be stepped on. "If" being the operative word here. I'll hold out hope, but seems there may be a patern here........

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2010, 09:19 AM
There is nothing in any of this that should lead any of us to believe Ben actually did this, according to what was reported so far and including in the USA Today. All sources so far say Ben and all those with him were having a good time, mingling, signing autographs, and just hanging. You can't pass judgment on him until there are hard facts supporting the allegations of this bimbo.

You can't expect Ben to never go to a nightclub, bar, restaurant, casino, or just because of what happened. It's unfortunate that this came up again and hopefully it will all wash out as some stupid college chick wanting her 15 minutes of fame. He still has to live his life like anybody else, staying at home locked up in his living room isn't the answer.

Stairwayto7
03-06-2010, 09:41 AM
First, this really sucks, whether its true or not. His rep has been damaged again.

Next I hope that it never happened, and I am having a hard time believing that he would walk into a womans restroom in a busy nightclub.

But, if it were Flacco, Brady, Quinn or someone elses QB, would we have already thrown the book at him? If it were our daughter, sister, mother, etc. how would we respond then? We know Ben, but we don`t know Ben. If it isn`t true, he needs a steady girl, it sucks but he can`t afford much more of this, regardless of the truth.

MattyVfromCT
03-06-2010, 11:15 AM
There is nothing in any of this that should lead any of us to believe Ben actually did this, according to what was reported so far and including in the USA Today. All sources so far say Ben and all those with him were having a good time, mingling, signing autographs, and just hanging. You can't pass judgment on him until there are hard facts supporting the allegations of this bimbo.

You can't expect Ben to never go to a nightclub, bar, restaurant, casino, or just because of what happened. It's unfortunate that this came up again and hopefully it will all wash out as some stupid college chick wanting her 15 minutes of fame. He still has to live his life like anybody else, staying at home locked up in his living room isn't the answer.

exactly. i always say, never say never, but all of the details of this case are VERY HARD TO BELIEVE.

this allegedly happened in the women's room of a nightclub. first off, i've never seen a restroom at a bar or club with nobody around the door. there's usually a line to get into the restroom, whether it's the men's or women's restroom, because alcohol makes you urinate frequently. i have a hard time believing that ANY MAN would sexually assault a woman in the women's room of a bar or nightclub, a public place, where there's a crowd, let alone a famous athlete who is already in a civil case for sexual assault.

second, the police have not issued an arrest warrant, despite the fact that this girl WENT TO THE POLICE. don't you think that if there was evidence of any wrongdoing that a warrant for his arrest would be issued? this was also described as sexual assault or sexual manipulation by the police department. a reporter asked if it was rape during the press conference and the spokesman for the department said it was sexual assault. this can be anything. i've heard people say that in the state of georgia, sexual assault can include touching or grabbing, etc so who knows?

but i don't believe it. the details are very shady. first off, the woman siad she was asexually assaulted by a white male, 6'5", 241 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes. how the hell would she know the exact height and weight? hmmm. think about it. smells of pure bullshit.

IT IS POSSIBLE that a girl, aware of ben's civil lawsuit with mcnutty, saw an opportunity to get 5 minutes of fame and a big payday by making this accusation. thinking "hmmm, maybe if i go to the police and right away, unlike mcnulty, my story will be believable, especially considering that he's already in a civil trial for sexual harassment.

Captcoolhand
03-06-2010, 11:44 AM
She could have been walking into woman's room and he smacked her *** on the way in and that could amount to sexual assault. At least he's not chasing down guys. :D

LatrobePA
03-06-2010, 12:50 PM
She could have been walking into woman's room and he smacked her *** on the way in and that could amount to sexual assault. At least he's not chasing down guys. :D

Well said, that's all it would take!!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Well Steelers.com has Ben's exact WT at 241....Sounds to me she has the internet on her phone and looked up Ben's WT.......She also said she couldn't identify him by name but only as the Steelers QB....lol

Captcoolhand
03-06-2010, 01:14 PM
How do you bar hop as reported all night at act like you didn't know him. Story sounds like **** to me. besides what was she doing in all these places drinking if you're only 20 Yrs old.

75Steeler
03-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Even though this incident may be bullshit just like the last one Ben needs to grow up and stay out of the kiddie party clubs. He knows he is a target because of who he is.

You are 28 now Ben find a "WOMAN" not a 20 year old chicken head and settle down. You can enjoy your millions of dollars and all of your assets more if **** like this stops popping up. You can't be accused of **** like this if you are with a real woman who already has a college education and some class. You need to be the QB that the Steelers pay you to be both on and off the field.

I'm not saying that Ben is guilty and I doubt he is. He can't be accused of something if he doesn't put himself in that position. I'm also not saying that Ben can't go out and enjoy his fame and money. He just needs to choose more of an adult atmosphere with real adults. Beautiful women with class are easy to find you just need to look in the right places. :rant2:

DanRooney
03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Guys he's 28 and a multimillionaire. Of course he's still going to be out clubbing. You would too so don't say "grow up" or "don't put yourself in that situation." After the second time, I'm sure he'll be a little more careful but you aren't going to stop running around with girls when you're still young.

Captcoolhand
03-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Has there yet to be an off-season where Ben wasn't involved in some type of incident. :scratch:

75Steeler
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Guys he's 28 and a multimillionaire. Of course he's still going to be out clubbing. You would too so don't say "grow up" or "don't put yourself in that situation." After the second time, I'm sure he'll be a little more careful but you aren't going to stop running around with girls when you're still young.

On a much smaller scale I can relate to this situation. I have been a police officer and a medic for most of my adult life (since age 19). I know what it is like to be under the microscope in public. I'am forced to watch everything I do and so is Ben.

When you choose a profession that puts you in the public view you need to act accordingly. He chose to be a QB and his talent has made him a nationally known guy. He cannot get away with what most 20 somethings get away with. Ben isn't stupid and he knows this. I never said that he shouldn't enjoy the fame and the money but he should use some common sense about what he does and who he does it with.

As young public servants we partied and enjoyed our selves too. We just did it with caution and respect to our positions in society.

Stairwayto7
03-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Even though this incident may be bullshit just like the last one Ben needs to grow up and stay out of the kiddie party clubs. He knows he is a target because of who he is.

You are 28 now Ben find a "WOMAN" not a 20 year old chicken head and settle down. You can enjoy your millions of dollars and all of your assets more if **** like this stops popping up. You can't be accused of **** like this if you are with a real woman who already has a college education and some class. You need to be the QB that the Steelers pay you to be both on and off the field.

I'm not saying that Ben is guilty and I doubt he is. He can't be accused of something if he doesn't put himself in that position. I'm also not saying that Ben can't go out and enjoy his fame and money. He just needs to choose more of an adult atmosphere with real adults. Beautiful women with class are easy to find you just need to look in the right places. :rant2:

I agree, go out, have a good time, but college bars?? He is 28 not 22!

DBR96A
03-06-2010, 04:25 PM
There's always the chance that Ben didn't modify his social life because he really isn't guilty of what allegedly happened in Lake Tahoe.

By the way, I live not too far from where all this stuff went down this week. If he has a place at the Reynolds Plantation golf resort, then that's really in the middle of nowhere, between the towns of Greensboro and Eatonton. Milledgeville is the nearest town of any magnitude, so that's probably why Ben and his friends had dinner and drinks there.

Zachintosh66
03-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I agree, go out, have a good time, but college bars?? He is 28 not 22!

Hes the old guy coming back to frat house parties :duh:

ejsteeler
03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm a firm believer that you make you're own luck. BB needs to grow up and act like the star athelete he is. If I was a millionaire 28 year old, I'd be partying too....IF I were not the franchise QB of one of the most storied teams in the NFL. He is putting himself in position for these accusations. 75 said it best, he needs to make better decisions, period. Whether he did it or not is irrelevant to this arguement.

Zachintosh66
03-06-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm a firm believer that you make you're own luck. BB needs to grow up and act like the star athelete he is. If I was a millionaire 28 year old, I'd be partying too....IF I were not the franchise QB of one of the most storied teams in the NFL. He is putting himself in position for these accusations. 75 said it best, he needs to make better decisions, period. Whether he did it or not is irrelevant to this arguement.

At least he didnt drive home on a motorcycle... :stirpot:

TEEMONT
03-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Ben is def not the model of a well-behaving person.....ever. It's pretty obvious most of his choices revolve around himself. Which is fine for MOST 28 year olds who don't have a family. But he isn't MOST 28 year old.

The dude needs to go the Tiger Woods route. Pay for the sex up front, plain and simple. If thats all he is after is puss....then pay in cash. I'm embarassed for him in this situation. The dude is going to make $100+ million dollars and he's trying to pull regualr college ***?

Ben...do us all favor and get soem escorts when you need to bust a nut

andyg1984
03-06-2010, 09:22 PM
So when is there expected to be news? Is Ben going to make a public statement? Wait until Monday?

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Ben is def not the model of a well-behaving person.....ever. It's pretty obvious most of his choices revolve around himself. Which is fine for MOST 28 year olds who don't have a family. But he isn't MOST 28 year old.

The dude needs to go the Tiger Woods route. Pay for the sex up front, plain and simple. If thats all he is after is puss....then pay in cash. I'm embarassed for him in this situation. The dude is going to make $100+ million dollars and he's trying to pull regualr college ***?

Ben...do us all favor and get soem escorts when you need to bust a nut

Tee I agree with you 100 percent about the escorts....If Ben is this horn dog all the time then go to the Bunny Ranch please....He can afford it........

Now don't get me wrong if he is guilty of any wrong doing here then I do want to see him punished to the max............I think its clear Ben suffered some brain damage when he had his accident for putting himself in these situations....

LatrobePA
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I say by tuesday we'll know the answer and I have a feeling it won't be good!!

Sounds like they have something, they claim to be waiting to lab results!

If this is true and he is charged it'll make for one long *** season!!

I agree with T, what a better place to score than at a college campus! Grow up Ben you dick!

HUNT4SEVEN
03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Forget about the accusations he's 28 and he knows better plain and simple, It's very childish and immature for BB to be in this position again, i can just imagine what they Rooneys are saying behind closed doors...Ben is a Dumb drunk @$$ hole for this...he knows he's a target everywhere he goes, IMO this is inexcusable on his part...he better hope and pray this isn't true or that hundred million will be split between those 2 girls! Ben= Dumb@$$!!

PittFanInFla
03-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Tebow

--- Added 3/6/2010 at 10:22 PM ---

It doesnt matter what the lab work comes back as. i wanna know is how the hell can you rape a female in a public bathroom and noone hear anything. ?????????? I use to be a bouncer at a rowdy redneck bar and i could still here the patrons blowing chunks in the stalls.

MattyVfromCT
03-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Tebow

--- Added 3/6/2010 at 10:22 PM ---

It doesnt matter what the lab work comes back as. i wanna know is how the hell can you rape a female in a public bathroom and noone hear anything. ?????????? I use to be a bouncer at a rowdy redneck bar and i could still here the patrons blowing chunks in the stalls.

here's the thing though. he isn't being accused of rape. the deputy commissioner took questions from the media after his statement on friday. he was asked if the charge is rape, and he said no. it is sexual assault/sexual manipulation. i'm sorry but i read all the details of this matter and it seems very unlikely that it is true. i find it very hard to believe anyone would attempt to do this in a women's bathroom of a crowded nightclub. as i've said before, when has there ever been an empty restroom in a bar or nightclub? i've never seen one. and especially considering the civil case with mcnutty, this allegation is absolutely ridiculous. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

LatrobePA
03-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Read on the NFL page its not rape, so who knows wtf they have in the lab.

Either way Ben one of the leaders of the team has yet to have a quiet off season.

For that he's a self centered idiot! See BA for more details!

coldrolled
03-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Read on the NFL page its not rape, so who knows wtf they have in the lab.

Either way Ben one of the leaders of the team has yet to have a quiet off season.

For that he's a self centered idiot! See BA for more details!

Stomach Pump?

LatrobePA
03-07-2010, 10:08 AM
LOL! Maybe they dug his SB ring from her ***!!

greennick
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm gonna wait for further info before making any judgements. It is suss that he has a second similar accusation, but the first one is dodgy as and we know little about this one. Could be a copy cat. Could be real. Who knows. I also don't want to jump to conclusions calling the girl a bimbo or anything, who knows what went on.

Which one? :tt02:

StlersGuy
03-07-2010, 11:51 AM

:hilarious:

Captcoolhand
03-07-2010, 12:52 PM
MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. (AP)—For the second time in a year, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is being accused of sexual misconduct, with a police investigating him Saturday for an alleged assault at a nightclub in a Georgia college town.

Police in Milledgeville were examining the claim of a 20-year-old student, who told an officer that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her early Friday. The police department had no plans to comment until at least Monday.

The case comes as Roethlisberger faces a lawsuit filed in July by a woman who says he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel and casino, an allegation he strongly denies. Roethlisberger, who was not in custody, has not been criminally charged in either case and has claimed counter-damages in the lawsuit.

Still, to hear it on the airwaves in Pittsburgh, this latest situation seems to have shaken fans of the star quarterback, a man who has never hidden the fact he enjoys the nightlife. He has been spotted gambling in Las Vegas and is sometimes seen in public with small groups of friends and bodyguards.

The latest accusation came in downtown Milledgeville, about 85 miles southeast of Atlanta and about 30 miles south of the lake home the player owns. Roethlisberger, who turned 28 on Tuesday, and two or three friends went to Buffington’s bar earlier Thursday night to watch the University of Pittsburgh men’s college basketball game, said Paul Kurcikevicus, a 24-year-old college student.

He said the group was friendly, at first joking that Roethlisberger was not the NFL player. Kurcikevicus said Roethlisberger bought shots for him and some other people: “O-Bombs,” a mixture of energy drink and flavored rum.

The group later went to The Brick restaurant nearby, owner Frank Pendergrast said.

“He was very polite with everybody,” Pendergrast said. “He was down here from about 11:30 until about 1:30 having a good time, talking to a lot of people. Looked like he was signing autographs and letting people take pictures. Other than that, it was really uneventful.”

Roethlisberger was later seen at Capital City, a popular nightclub for students at Georgia College & State University.

One bar patron, 21-year-old college student Brandon Harris, said he saw Roethlisberger come in with two or three big men who were keeping other club goers away. Harris said the group went into a curtained VIP area in the back of the club, and some women were let inside.

Amber Hanley, a 21-year-old college student, said she and a few friends were also in the VIP area with Roethlisberger. She said she asked the quarterback to take a photo with her friend, whose boyfriend was a fan, but he seemed disappointed that’s all she wanted. Hanley said she rolled her eyes, and Roethlisberger called her an expletive and walked away. Later, Roethlisberger was aggressively hitting on another girl, Hanley said.

Deputy Police Chief Richard Malone said Roethlisberger had been with three other people who were mingling with another group that included the alleged victim. Malone said the woman and her party contacted a nearby police officer following the alleged assault.

The nature of the assault was not described, but Malone did say it was being termed a sexual assault.

Roethlisberger and the alleged victim were interviewed and the woman was taken to a hospital, where she was treated and released, Malone said. The woman was not identified by police and The Associated Press does not generally identify possible victims of sexual abuse.

Some fans said the latest allegation made them question Roethlisberger’s character.

“At the same time, I can see how someone in his position could be a huge target for somebody looking to make a quick buck or get a settlement out of something,” said Chris O’Neill, of Harrison City, Pa. “While I don’t think he has the greatest character, I do want to believe in both of these instances that he was wrongfully accused and I hope that’s what comes out when the truth is revealed.”

Police said Roethlisberger and his attorney were cooperating with investigators.

The player’s agent, Ryan Tollner, said in a statement he was skeptical of the motive of the alleged victim in Milledgeville because of the previous Lake Tahoe allegations. Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team was gathering information and had no comment.

As Pittsburgh’s first-round draft pick out of Miami of Ohio in 2004, Roethlisberger led the Steelers to Super Bowl victories in 2006 and 2009. He has frequently donated time and money to charities, and his charitable foundation awards a police dog to a department near every Steelers road opponent.

However, with his championships and $102 million contract have come several off-the-field problems. In 2006, he defied his coach’s orders and rode his motorcycle without a helmet—and wound up with a concussion, broken jaw and other injuries after a wreck.

And while Roethlisberger has a reputation for patiently signing autographs and posing for pictures while out in public, he also is known for occasionally inelegant behavior in Pittsburgh. Early in his career, he was photographed— obviously after imbibing in alcohol—wearing a T-shirt reading “Drink Like a Champion.” Restaurant owners in Pittsburgh have complained he has tried to skip out on bills, arguing he brought business to the establishment.

Fan Julie Muckle of Cranberry Township, Pa., said Roethlisberger was hanging out with the wrong people.

“I’m 24 and if I want to go out to a local bar, I know where I can find him. I feel like he needs to hide himself a little more and be with a better group,” Muckle said.

The public largely supported him when he was accused of sexual assault in Nevada. But radio shows in Pittsburgh have been flooded with calls since Friday’s allegation—few of them sympathetic, with many wondering if the new case indicates a troubling pattern of behavior.

“As a sports fan, sometimes we compartmentalize how we view players, and my view as Roethlisberger might decline as I learn more about the situation, but I will still respect him and like him as an athlete,” said Matthew DiFiore, 20, of Moon Township, Pa. “Off the field, there may be questions coming into my mind about his character.”
The woman that wrote this report surely didn't paint a pretty picture of Ben.. :thinking:

Maybe Ben should invest in a T-shirt that reads: http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/614/144850467v6480x480front.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/144850467v6480x480front.jpg/)

Rodger Goodell
03-07-2010, 03:19 PM
what a scum bag...

people who defend him are insane...this guy is known to be a rapist...a lot of friends of mine have claimed to have be sexually harrassed by him in some manner..

StlersGuy
03-07-2010, 03:31 PM
what a scum bag...

people who defend him are insane...this guy is known to be a rapist...a lot of friends of mine have claimed to have be sexually harrassed by him in some manner..

:excuseme:

Captcoolhand
03-07-2010, 04:03 PM
:excuseme:I didn't get it neither. :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I have little doubt may have very well been hitting on any number of women in the club that night, and the whole "sexual assault/manipulation" thing is so cloudy that you can't tell exactly what, if anything, happened. I guess we'll know more in the coming days but this doesn't seem to be anything near to the level that the Vegas chick was.

Ben is not the ultimate family guy here people, he's a super star, richer than richer, celebrity who can pretty much do whatever he wants. You can't leave these guys locked up in their homes all the time; but for whatever reason Ben just seems to attract this type of publicity too often.

LatrobePA
03-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Teams are signing FA's and ours is wondering wtf our PRO QB has gotten himself into this time.

All I can say is don't prey on college students at hole-in-the wall **** houses! It's never gonna end well!!

igor0190
03-07-2010, 06:17 PM
All I can say is don't prey on college stundents at hole-in-the wall **** houses! It's never gonna end well!!

NO doubt... leave the college girls alone. Maybe call up pac man and go have a good time at the strip clubs. At least you know those girls are "willing".

BlackGold4vr
03-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I have just two words for Ben

Dumb ***!

There are lots of professional athletes out there with lots of money.....just like Ben.

Yet the rest of them seem to have some level of intelligence that Ben is lacking. Perhaps he left the portion of his brain better known as "good judgement" on the windshield of that ladies car, who knows? What I do know is that fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Whether he is innocent or guilty it won't absolve him of being stupid! :2cents:

LatrobePA
03-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Very well said man, you hit the nail on the head!!

SteelerSteve
03-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Clearly Ben cannot be that stupid to enter into a womens restroom in a busy nightclub and assault a woman. .Honestly though, if he was drunk he probably wouldn't be thinking much about the other case still being open....Now I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, just that alcohol can make you do alot of **** you regret.....who knows though, I hope it turns out to just be another crazy woman trying to get a pay day....

steelersbabex25
03-08-2010, 07:41 AM
I just heard on my local radio station that now authorities are saying he was with a group of men, and he wasn't the attacker. So reports are saying now it's all just a big misunderstanding..

LarryNJ
03-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Let's hope that is true and it's all over today.

LatrobePA
03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Ray Lewis must of told Ben how to handle it!! Whatever I hope its not true so we can make a run this season!!

steelcitysfinestXL
03-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Im not reading any post on this thread and i will only comment once:

Our Quarterback is an IDIOT! Whether he is guilty or not... he is an idiot for always being in this position. STAY YOUR DUMBASS AT HOME AND WATCH SOME FILM!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I just heard on my local radio station that now authorities are saying he was with a group of men, and he wasn't the attacker. So reports are saying now it's all just a big misunderstanding..

Do you have a link for that? Hopefully this will all blow over now and we can get back to looking forward to the draft instead of seeing our QB doing another press conference on not so good problems he's had.

lloydfan4life
03-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Ray Lewis must of told Ben how to handle it!! Whatever I hope its not true so we can make a run this season!!

you weren't just blowing hot air with that comment.... :duh:

Report: Ben Roethlisberger Hires Ray Lewis' Lawyer

Historically, March is a slow month for the Pittsburgh Steelers. They rarely pursue big-name free agents, instead choosing to build the roster through the draft.

ShareThat hasn't changed. And yet the Steelers are in the news thanks to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Last summer, Roethlisberger was accused of rape by a Lake Tahoe hotel employee (that lawsuit is still pending), and after a weekend in Milledgeville, GA, he's now at the center of a sexual assault investigation.

Roethlisberger has been interviewed by local authorities and since returned to Pittsburgh, and no charges have been filed ... yet. Which is why, according to Pro Football Talk sources, Big Ben has retained legal counsel. But not your garden-variety celebrity attorney. Nope, Roethlisberger got Ed Garland, the guy who defended Ray Lewis during his murder trial back in 2000. Even though no charges have been filed, there surely has been plenty of work to do for Garland and other lawyers who represent Roethlisberger. They have interviewed all of the key witnesses, and they most likely have been in close communication with authorities.

Their initial goal will be to persuade investigators that charges should not be filed. In matters of this nature, that's the best possible outcome that can be achieved. So in case you were wondering how this could get more ridiculous, there's your answer: hire Ray-Ray's former lawyer. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis showed up in court to represent Ben.

Other, less absurd options:

LINK (http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/03/08/ben-roethlisberger-hires-ray-lewis-lawyer/)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Can't blame the guy for atleast retaining the services of top notch legal counsel on this; hopefully it will go away before we hear anymore about it and if so this guy will probably have a fair amount to do with that.

LatrobePA
03-08-2010, 12:31 PM
LOL I was just joking!!

StlersGuy
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Big Ben hires hire-profile lawyer in sexual assault case

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has hired a high-profile Atlanta defense attorney as police investigate a Georgia woman's claim he sexually assaulted her.
Roethlisberger has not been charged. Police say a 20-year-old college student reported the assault after an encounter with Roethlisberger at a nightclub in central Georgia.

Police in Milledgeville plan a news conference Monday afternoon on the case.

Meanwhile, the assistant for attorney Ed Garland confirms that he is representing Roethlisberger. Garland previously represented rapper T.I. on a federal weapons charge and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis in a murder case. More serious charges against Lewis were dropped and he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge.

link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Ben-Roethlisberger-hires-high-profile-lawyer-in-sexual-assault-case-030810)

lloydfan4life
03-08-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10067/1041137-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Authorities have called a press conference for 4 p.m. today to address their investigation into sexual assault allegations against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Meanwhile, Mr. Roethlisberger has hired an attorney who worked on a previous criminal case involving a high-profile football player.

Milledgeville Police and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have been looking into a report by a 20-year-old student at Georgia College & State University that Mr. Roethlisberger assaulted her early Friday at a nightclub.

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue is scheduled to address reporters.

Mr. Roethlisberger has now retained Atlanta criminal defense attorney Edward T. M. Garland and Donald F. Samuel to represent him. Mr. Garland represented Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who was accused in 2000 of a double murder in Atlanta. Mr. Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice and testified against two co-defendants who were later acquitted.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league has no comment on the case but is following developments.

I'm guessing this may be covered live on NFL Network??? :dunno:

StlersGuy
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
just what Pittsburgh needs to deal with all off season. Thanks Big Ben next time do us this think with the other head.

LatrobePA
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Ben you are an f'n idiot, thanks dude!!

steelersbabex25
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Okay I'm just going to throw this out there..take with it what you will..but..

I do know that celebrities need to realize that they are celebrities, and they need to see that they're in the public eye and that this dumb stuff they do will leak out, and not do it. HOWEVER, is it fair of us to say that Ben is an idiot for going out to a night club with his friends to hang out? ASSUMING that he didn't actually rape her, it's not fair for us as fans to say, no you can't go anywhere, just sit home and knit. It's one thing if you're Lindsay Lohan going out to drink and do some drugs..that's just stupid. But quarterbacks are people too, we can't just tell them all not to live their lives because some pathetic psychopathic girl at a night club might cry to authorities about rape because they're looking for money. Just my :2cents:.

Please don't kill me for saying this :grin1:.

75Steeler
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm not saying he should stay home and knit at all. What I'am saying is that Ben opens himself to these situations by going to kiddie bars. I have friends who own bars here in Charlotte and no one has been accused of rape in the bathroom. There are plenty of beautiful, young professional women in these bars. Everyone knows the difference between professional adult themed bars and kiddie bars. Maybe someone needs to show Ben.

steelersbabex25
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Well..it's quite possible that people accuse him because they know they can get money out of him. People won't just randomly accuse someone of rape if they're just a nobody.

Troyisabeast_43
03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Well..it's quite possible that people accuse him because they know they can get money out of him. People won't just randomly accuse someone of rape if they're just a nobody.

But this is now the second time this has happened with Ben being involved in something like this. Things like this just arent going to keep happening to Ben just to happen. Obviously something is going on and Ben is putting himself in some sort of bad position for all these incidents to keep occuring. Also, not to start a holy war here or sound like a jesus freak because Im not one but I also think that's it's absolutely disgusting for Ben to be wearing a shirt with satan on it at the bar like he had on in the pictures shown in Georgia when they show him on the field all of the time praying before the game and hearing him constantly thank god. It really makes Ben look like a phony and shows his false humility in my opinion...

The bottom line is the Steelers need Ben to win football games and I want him on this team in the long run, but if he gets charged in this case and he gets suspended 4 games to start the season or what not then he gets exactly what he deserves. Time to grow up a little bit Ben and be a man and stop hanging out at college bars when youre a 28 year old man and the face of the most recognized franchise in the National Football League...

75Steeler
03-08-2010, 08:52 PM

I agree and hope that this is the case. I also hope that if it can be proven that she is lying that they charge her with filing a false police report.

--- Added 3/8/2010 at 06:52 PM ---

But this is now the second time this has happened with Ben being involved in something like this. Things like this just arent going to keep happening to Ben just to happen. Obviously something is going on and Ben is putting himself in some sort of bad position for all these incidents to keep occuring. Also, not to start a holy war here or sound like a jesus freak because Im not one but I also think that's it's absolutely disgusting for Ben to be wearing a shirt with satan on it at the bar like he had on in the pictures shown in Georgia when they show him on the field all of the time praying before the game and hearing him constantly thank god. It really makes Ben look like a phony and shows his false humility in my opinion...

The bottom line is the Steelers need Ben to win football games and I want him on this team in the long run, but if he gets charged in this case and he gets suspended 4 games to start the season or what not then he gets exactly what he deserves. Time to grow up a little bit Ben and be a man and stop hanging out at college bars when youre a 28 year old man and the face of the most recognized franchise in the National Football League...

:plus1:

SteelerSteve
03-08-2010, 10:58 PM
what a scum bag...

people who defend him are insane...this guy is known to be a rapist...a lot of friends of mine have claimed to have be sexually harrassed by him in some manner.. haha, Just because your upset that Ben raped the browns on the field, doesn't mean anyone cares what you have to say Browns troll...

jak
03-09-2010, 12:13 AM
won't stick Ben will be back. Probably a fan of a lesser team tring to keep the Steelers down

steelersgal86
03-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Police to interview Roethlisberger, 7 others and get a DNA sample:evilshake:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10068/1041223-455.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

igor0190
03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
When you have pending assault/rape charges you need to take the necessary precautions. I know of many athleted who have personnel with them who always ensure that the athlete is NEVER alone with a woman... In a club, in an elevator, in a bathroom. Ben does not deserve any sympathy for putting himself in this situation.

lloydfan4life
03-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Ben does not deserve any sympathy for putting himself in this situation.

Ben deserves no sympathy because he's an egotistical numbskull who thinks he's better than everyone else and can treat people however he sees fit.

The fact that he coordoned himself off in a VIP area and allowed only women, women handpicked by his bodyguards, to come into the room to see/meet him speaks volumes about what he thinks of himself.

Guilty or innocent, Ben has lost my respect.

andyg1984
03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
i think we should all agree that ben has no business in a college bar, ATL was pretty close if he wanted to party ..

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Im still of the thinking that while Ben should know better than to put himself in a situation that could potentially be problematic; I'm not casting any judgment until there is sufficient evidence to do so. Everybody jumped the gun in the Nevada case saying Ben was this and that, but so far that has been nothing to worry about.

If it turns out that he did do something to that girl, then he should be punished, no question. However if it turns out that Ben did nothing wrong and no foul play was involved with this chick, then we can all move on and forget about this.

strong D
03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
im hoping these allegations are false. with that being said he needs to understand where he plays football this isnt oakland or cincy. the die hard fans of this organization will not keep standing by a guy who makes poor judgment or who puts himself in these situations.

igor0190
03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
At least he didn't hold the girl on the ground by the neck and try to pour bleach in her mouth like Terrell Suggs did.

steelersbabex25
03-09-2010, 06:33 PM
At least he didn't hold the girl on the ground by the neck and try to pour bleach in her mouth like Terrell Suggs did.

Such a shame. Too bad money can't buy class.

NorCalSteel
03-09-2010, 06:44 PM
im hoping these allegations are false. with that being said he needs to understand where he plays football this isnt oakland or cincy. the die hard fans of this organization will not keep standing by a guy who makes poor judgment or who puts himself in these situations.

all this comming from somebody with a sig like yours lol.

LatrobePA
03-09-2010, 06:46 PM
So can we end the "elite" talk now?? On and off the field is key IMO!

Blazedby92
03-09-2010, 06:59 PM
So I guess there isn't an "ELITE" player that has never done anything wrong.
They can't even prove anything anyways. Where has innocent until proven guilty went.

LatrobePA
03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Elite beer drinker? Elite woman feeler-upper? The dude is guilty of something, we all know that, STUPIDITY!

I hope I'm wrong and it's all cleared up and his name is cleaned off!

But when you let a QB run your team this **** is bound to happen, the dude is an idiot.

SteelerSteve
03-09-2010, 07:55 PM
all this comming from somebody with a sig like yours lol.
Hey shut up! I dont want him to change it! :lol::lol::lol:

steelerfan11
03-09-2010, 09:48 PM
2 of Ben's Bodyguards Off-Duty Officers From W. Pa.

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.Bodyguards.2.1549219.html

Blazedby92
03-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey shut up! I dont want him to change it! :lol::lol::lol:

:plus1: Hell no i think you should postmore.

75Steeler
03-10-2010, 12:08 PM
2 of Ben's Bodyguards Off-Duty Officers From W. Pa.

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.Bodyguards.2.1549219.html

This could be really good or really really bad....depending on how the chips fall 2 cops could come out of this without jobs if they lie or are found to be less than truthful to Ga investigators. However they could also be very helpful in clearing Ben's name if they were in the room when this chickenhead agreed to meet Ben in the bathroom.

strong D
03-10-2010, 01:06 PM
u guys are hilarious

LatrobePA
03-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Uh oh!!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35806118/ns/sports-player_news/

andyg1984
03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
almost feel like there is less to worry about given the fact that he made the clinton-like admission at the scene ... key word = almost ..

LatrobePA
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
almost feel like there is less to worry about given the fact that he made the clinton-like admission at the scene ... key word = almost ..

True, but the fact is he admitted to having contact with her! Could of been she said NO and he pused her away and she fell on her mellon???

steelersbabex25
03-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Uh oh!!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35806118/ns/sports-player_news/

Ben Ben Ben. Why..oh why must you be so ignorant. Don't have any sexual contact with a 20 year old college girl at a bar when you're a grown *** man.:duh:

75Steeler
03-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Ben Ben Ben. Why..oh why must you be so ignorant. Don't have any sexual contact with a 20 year old college girl at a bar when you're a grown *** man.:duh:

spyboots
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
PFT reported that coeds at the college were tweeting that she made it up, and the college has now shut down all Twitters and postings.

LatrobePA
03-10-2010, 10:33 PM
PFT reported that coeds at the college were tweeting that she made it up, and the college has now shut down all Twitters and postings.

Jealous little bitches! :yellowthumb:

StlersGuy
03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I am telling you when this is all over it will be nothing but about money $$$$$$$

Zachintosh66
03-11-2010, 12:05 AM
So much for Corey Haim's untimely death totally knocking Big Ben out of the news today. A new KDKA report said that Roethlisberger did speak with police in Milledgeville the night of the alleged assault and told them there was no sexual intercourse between himself and the alleged victim.

The report went on to say that Roethlisberger concedes that he did have contact with the woman that was not consummated and that afterward the woman slipped and fell, injuring her head.

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/

Steelerlyn
03-11-2010, 12:16 AM
that would explain the hospital visit

Captcoolhand
03-11-2010, 12:22 AM
"Why does she have the bump on the head and theoretically, why do we have your DNA and why did she come to the hospital for this matter, because if it was a consensual matter and she bumped her head, she could have certainly have gone to the hospital and said, 'I bumped my head.'
"It almost seems to put the onus on the accused or the perpetrator, the defense to tell the prosecutor to say why isn't this so and why shouldn't I bring these charges." http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/tv-station-ben-roethlisberger-told-cops-he-had-consensual-contact-with-accuser/1

Steel Trap86
03-11-2010, 07:12 AM
saw this on NFL total access....

Ben is saying he and this girl "had contact" but never actually f*cked, and the girl slipped on the stairs and smacked her head against the ground. she ran outside and told a cop what happened and when she was at the hospital she wrote a report. A bartender at the club told the cops that Ben was with this girl all night, so it wasn't like he just grabbed some girl, they were together all night bar hopping. Willie Colon was also with them and he said he didn't see Ben even touch the girl, but she is saying it happened in the bathroom (LOL).

Georgia police are requesting a DNA sample from Ben now.

Regardless if Ben didn't do it, this is a situation that needs to get unf*cked right now! Also the Rooney's are really pissed about this and it was said on total access that if one more situation like this erupts it could be the end of Ben's career in Pittsburgh. I think they are taking it more seriously then some of us might think.

Zachintosh66
03-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Here is my senerio: Her and Ben party all night, flirting eventually. "hey lets go to the bathroom" She gets on knees for BJ, Ben shoots her in the eye. She freaks out, steps in some "lil bens" fell and hit her head, she gets all pissy b/c he was supposed to tell her "when the blitz was coming"... Once again "he held the ball too long" tells her g/f's they contact police b/c after all he is a 2x winning QB and they might be able to get their college education pd off and a new car if they play their cards right... :lol:

steelerfan11
03-11-2010, 10:42 AM
saw this on NFL total access....

Ben is saying he and this girl "had contact" but never actually f*cked, and the girl slipped on the stairs and smacked her head against the ground. she ran outside and told a cop what happened and when she was at the hospital she wrote a report. A bartender at the club told the cops that Ben was with this girl all night, so it wasn't like he just grabbed some girl, they were together all night bar hopping. Willie Colon was also with them and he said he didn't see Ben even touch the girl, but she is saying it happened in the bathroom (LOL).

how much you want to bet she was drunk and fell. ben tried to help her up and since he touched her she flipped out.

ben also had offduty cops with him...they said nothing happened. You would think if other cops are saying nothing happened the Georgia cops would drop the claim.

btw she is going back to school. All the crap about her dropping out was just for attention (IMO). I think this entire thing is for attention/money.

Stlrs4Life
03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/

Nothing new, it was laready stated that Ben talked to the police on the night that it happened, just nothing was reported about what was said to the police.

And another thing, if you read that report from NBC, it states that they have a DNA sample from Ben, this is not true. His lawyers are debating on when and if they will give a DNA test. Don't listen to PFT.

LatrobePA
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Here is my senerio: Her and Ben party all night, flirting eventually. "hey lets go to the bathroom" She gets on knees for BJ, Ben shoots her in the eye. She freaks out, steps in some "lil bens" fell and hit her head, she gets all pissy b/c he was supposed to tell her "when the blitz was coming"... Once again "he held the ball too long" tells her g/f's they contact police b/c after all he is a 2x winning QB and they might be able to get their college education pd off and a new car if they play their cards right... :lol:

Isn't this a scene in a porn movie?

They scraped DNA from her contact lense??

Captcoolhand
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- The 20-year-old woman who has accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault plans on returning to Georgia

College and State University next week.

Her attorney said the woman took a week off from school and is staying with her parents in Atlanta.

Police in Milledgeville, Ga., said the investigation could take several weeks. On Monday, investigators said they planned to interview Roethlisberger and at least seven other people who were with him. The interviews were expected to take place this week.

But Roethlisberger’s attorney in Atlanta, Ed Garland, wouldn’t say when or if that will happen.

“I’m not going to say either way,” Garland told Channel 11 News. “That’s the approach we are going to take.”

Garland also wouldn’t say whether Roethlisberger would submit a DNA sample to investigators. Garland, however, said he would give police the names of the people who were with Roethlisberger Friday night, when the alleged incident happened at a Milledgeville nightclub.

Garland said he has a team of investigators working on the case and that Roethlisberger is taking the process very seriously.

Garland insists Roethlisberger will be cleared of any wrongdoing.

“There was absolutely no criminal activity,” Garland said. “It’s my belief that this will end without any charges against Ben.”

Garland has represented many prominent athletes, including NFL star Ray Lewis.
The alleged victim and her family have also hired an attorney.

They issued the following statement Tuesday, defending her actions from last week.
"Their daughter has done the right thing and reported this matter to the police," reads the statement released by the attorneys' Atlanta law firm, Parks, Chesin & Walbert. "She has been, and will be, available to the authorities to assist them in the criminal investigation. While the matter is under investigation, we ask you to respect her privacy, keep her name out of the press and allow the family space and time to heal."
Roethlisberger, who owns a home about 30 miles north of Milledgeville on Lake Oconee, is also being sued by a woman who claims he raped her in 2008 at a hotel-casino in Lake Tahoe hotel and casino, an allegation he strongly denies.so she really didn't leave the school other than maybe early spring break vacation. :thinking:

LatrobePA
03-11-2010, 03:26 PM
This whole thing is stupid!

Steel Trap86
03-11-2010, 04:37 PM
This whole thing is stupid!

LatrobePA
03-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Just like winning the SB Ben, you've got a target on your back...

MattyVfromCT
03-11-2010, 05:51 PM

lmao!

StlersGuy
03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
http://beat.bodoglife.com/wp-content/uploads/gold_digger.jpg

andyg1984
03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
don't forget the town is using this as a publicity stunt as well .. this will drag on ..

75Steeler
03-11-2010, 08:57 PM
don't forget the town is using this as a publicity stunt as well .. this will drag on ..

Good point. I just don't know if this is the kind of press they want.

LatrobePA
03-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Ben blasted: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/11/long-time-pittsburgh-sportscaster-unloads-on-big-ben/

lloydfan4life
03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Ben blasted: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/11/long-time-pittsburgh-sportscaster-unloads-on-big-ben/

This guy not only has guts to write this... but pretty much everything he says is spot on!

"Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two." .... and I couldn't agree more!
Kudos to you, Steigerwald, for saying publicly what a lot of people have been thinking lately!

Good find Latrobe! :clap:

Oh... and... FYI... I am in no way a Mike Florio fan... but this is one time I have to applaud him.

TampaSteelGirl
03-11-2010, 10:16 PM
I find all of this just repulsive! When you have been charged with sexual assault you dont go out to bars in a college town and drink and try and have sex or whatever with young girls....It makes me wonder about his character...seriously! Could he really do something like that?? Who knows! He's not very smart doing this after the first time!! I'm disgusted and it better not hinder our football team! I'm pissed! :cursin:

ejsteeler
03-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Even with all the emotion involved in this, it can really be broke down to just one word......Disappointed. :evilshake:
(Of course you have to say it like Zorg from "The Fifth Element".......):D

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Ben is nowhere near the model citizen, we all know. We're used to the Steelers having players who are rarely in the public eye for anything derogatory. This is all new territory for Steeler fans, but at the same time this is something that other teams in the NFL and in other sports deal with all the time. We've just been fortunate to not have to deal with sort of thing.

At this point I'm really tired of reading about this because right now it's still a "he said she said" thing and we don't know anymore of his guilt or innocense now than we did 4 days ago.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Ok......If he did rape (which I have serious doubt) then he is scumbag and deserves to be punished to the max of the law.......But I understand why fans are upset with Big Ben for being stupid and bringing negative heat on the organization but at the same time I don't expect and we shouldn't expect Ben to live his life like a hermit inside his house or as a choir boy.....lol That is unrealistic and I'm willing to bet most male Steelers fans if they were rich, single, celebrity would live the life Ben has lived so far........

I agree he needs to think hard about maybe slowing down some and not throwing his career down the Johnny Flusher..........

I really can't be mad at Big Ben if he is innocent of these charges........I probably would be doing the same thing......lol Getting drunk, and chasing girls....lol Hell I have done that already and I'm not rich and a celebrity....lol I'm single and never been married....lol

LatrobePA
03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Im pissed! You have a pending charge already that was a distraction last year, now you have another one. Stay the F away from "easy" drunk *** college chicks and get a life ********!

BlackGold4vr
03-12-2010, 04:23 PM
It would be cheaper to pay for a high priced callgirl who knows what the expectations are up front than to corner drunk college chicks in restrooms and then get dragged through the courts and pay legal fees and damages. Plus the professional would probably give you more of an experience to remember. :lol:

Captcoolhand
03-12-2010, 07:07 PM
MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- A young woman told Channel 4 Action News on Friday that she was one of about 20 who partied with Ben Roethlisberger at a nightclub last week on the night that a female college student told police she was sexually assaulted by the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.
"Everyone keeps talking about how nice he was. He was not nice," the woman said.
The woman -- who asked not to be identified -- told reporter Ari Hait that people who were with Roethlisberger invited her into the VIP area of the the Capital City club.
"A bunch of big guys were like, 'Come back in here,' and I was like, I'm just trying to have fun, whatever," she said.
She said that women were fawning over the star quarterback, and that he hit on her but she wasn't interested and didn't like the way he was acting, so she left.
"He bought a round of shots for girls and said, 'All you bitches, take my shots,' and I got pissed because that's very rude and disrespectful to call girls a bunch of bitches," she said.
Before she left, she said she saw Roethlisberger with the woman who would eventually become his accuser. She didn't think anything of it until the next morning when she heard about the accusations.
"The fact that people are talking about how he's such a nice guy at the bar, buying us a bunch of shots, because there's a bunch of drunk girls happy that they're getting free shots -- he was very arrogant," she said.http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/22822650/detail.html

Sounds just like that arrogant bastard so i believe he was just that way too!

lloydfan4life
03-12-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/22822650/detail.html

Sounds just like that arrogant bastard so i believe he was just that way too!

after all I'm hearing lately about Ben's personality this article in no way surprises me.

Captcoolhand
03-12-2010, 08:13 PM
after all I'm hearing lately about Ben's personality this article in no way surprises me.
I met the guy 1st hand, i know he's arrogant with a huge ego. :evilshake: I've never been able to see him the same...that was 2 years ago! Peopkle would never think that until they are around him long enough (which isn't long)

MattyVfromCT
03-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I met the guy 1st hand, i know he's arrogant with a huge ego. :evilshake: I've never been able to see him the same...that was 2 years ago! Peopkle would never think that until they are around him long enough (which isn't long)

what did he do? just curious

zulater
03-13-2010, 09:13 PM

Who cares if he's a douche? As long as he's innocent of sexual assualt is all that matters to me.

LatrobePA
03-15-2010, 08:37 PM
UPDATE: Ben will meet with local officials and will supply them with a DNA sample freshly removed from Bruce Arians beard!

(first part is true, not sure on the second part)

75Steeler
03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
From WPXI.com

Georgia Officials Want To Talk To Roethlisberger's Other Accuser
Posted: 3:24 pm EDT March 17,2010
Updated: 7:11 pm EDT March 17,2010

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- Georgia investigators looking into the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault allegation are turning to the past. They want to talk to the woman who is suing the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, but that may not happen.

In an exclusive interview Wednesday, Andrea McNulty’s attorney Cal Dunlap told Channel 11’s Rick Earle he was contacted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation earlier this week.

“I think it was on Monday,” said Dunlap.

Dunlap said they didn’t give a reason as to why they were calling and just said they wanted to speak with his client.

McNulty is the former hotel worker who filed a civil lawsuit last summer, accusing Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in his penthouse room at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe. McNulty never filed a police report.

Roethlisberger has denied the allegation and his attorneys have vigorously defended him.

The McNulty case has been put on hold until the Nevada Supreme Court rules on a change of venue. Dunlap said at this point, he won’t let her sit down with investigators in Georgia.

“My response was that it was my practice not to have my client be interviewed during the pending of a lawsuit and that the information that they most likely were interested in would all be in the public record because there's very detailed allegations in the filings that we have made, “ said Dunlap.

Dunlap told Earle things could change.

“I can’t say there won’t be any. I'm just saying at this time that's our position, but depending on what facts develop and what information my investigation gathers that perhaps that position might change at some point,” said Dunlap.

A 20-year-old woman in Milledgeville, Ga., recently told police that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her at a club. No charges have been filed against Roethlisberger.

--- Added 3/17/2010 at 09:48 PM ---

I really hope this means that they are pulling at straws and don't have a solid case in Georgia.

steelersbabex25
03-18-2010, 07:41 AM
What good could interviewing her possibly do? She's a lunatic.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
This whole situation is just crap; I'm so tired of hearing about who's going to talk to whom but they won't say why or give any updates, or even say when they might have said talk. So until then, I could give a rats *** about it :redcool:

lloydfan4life
03-18-2010, 01:06 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8Mo9wgzZpRk/RwdrUrhIsRI/AAAAAAAAAXI/bwnMLYeJ64g/s320/ratsass.gif :greengrin: :dunno:

PsychoWard
03-18-2010, 01:46 PM
This whole situation is just crap; I'm so tired of hearing about who's going to talk to whom but they won't say why or give any updates, or even say when they might have said talk. So until then, I could give a rats *** about it :redcool:

:ditto:

TampaSteelGirl
03-18-2010, 03:16 PM
From WPXI.com

Georgia Officials Want To Talk To Roethlisberger's Other Accuser
Posted: 3:24 pm EDT March 17,2010
Updated: 7:11 pm EDT March 17,2010

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- Georgia investigators looking into the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault allegation are turning to the past. They want to talk to the woman who is suing the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, but that may not happen.

In an exclusive interview Wednesday, Andrea McNulty’s attorney Cal Dunlap told Channel 11’s Rick Earle he was contacted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation earlier this week.

“I think it was on Monday,” said Dunlap.

Dunlap said they didn’t give a reason as to why they were calling and just said they wanted to speak with his client.

McNulty is the former hotel worker who filed a civil lawsuit last summer, accusing Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in his penthouse room at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe. McNulty never filed a police report.

Roethlisberger has denied the allegation and his attorneys have vigorously defended him.

The McNulty case has been put on hold until the Nevada Supreme Court rules on a change of venue. Dunlap said at this point, he won’t let her sit down with investigators in Georgia.

“My response was that it was my practice not to have my client be interviewed during the pending of a lawsuit and that the information that they most likely were interested in would all be in the public record because there's very detailed allegations in the filings that we have made, “ said Dunlap.

Dunlap told Earle things could change.

“I can’t say there won’t be any. I'm just saying at this time that's our position, but depending on what facts develop and what information my investigation gathers that perhaps that position might change at some point,” said Dunlap.

A 20-year-old woman in Milledgeville, Ga., recently told police that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her at a club. No charges have been filed against Roethlisberger.

--- Added 3/17/2010 at 09:48 PM ---

I really hope this means that they are pulling at straws and don't have a solid case in Georgia.

That's exactly what i'm thinking...they are digging...

Steelerlyn
03-18-2010, 03:28 PM
What I am sick of is that tabloid Ben has taken away from any/all Steeler news in the offseason for a couple years now and brought the Steeler organization into the limelight but in a disrespectful way.

75Steeler
03-18-2010, 06:15 PM
From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

Steelers President Art Rooney said he will allow the investigation of sexual assault charges against quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to finish before the team decides what direction it might take on the matter.

While Rooney declined to discuss the situation, he did say the team has time on its side before it looks at making any personnel moves to bring in a quarterback.

"I mean, look that's one of the things, we do have a little bit of luxury of time," Rooney said this afternoon during an interview at Steelers offices, his first public comments since he issued a statement last week. "If we were at a different point in the year we may have to be thinking and doing something different. But at the moment, I think we're in a situation we're going to let this investigation play out and then go from there."

Police in Milledgeville, Ga., are investigating an accusation brought by a 20-year-old woman who said Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in the bathroom of a club in the early morning hours of March 5.

Read more: http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/10077/1043921-66.stm#ixzz0iZ46C1Ib

--- Added 3/18/2010 at 04:15 PM ---

This may also be another indicator that this investigation may clear Ben. I'm sure the Rooney's know more about this than what is in the press. I think that if they were really worried they would be making more moves at the QB position. At least I hope this is true. We may as well face the fact that even if he is not charged with a crime this "victim" can and probably will also bring a civil suit.

ToothAche
03-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I believe there must be some sort of guilt in this case, just how much? Did this girl wanna be a star smasher and then realize he's an arrogant *** and back out on the deal? I guess for this reason alone, when you are a celebrity, you don't allow yourself to be in vulnerable situations. I am almost ashamed of having a Picture of Big Ben hanging up in my child's bedroom.

I wouldn't be against trading him. Who knows, maybe we could get a guy that doesn't take as many sacks because he held on to the ball forever, or didn't throw a game changing interception.

I guess we will have to see how the cards play out. Just sucks that we are now stuck with two sexual crime allegations looming over our team this off-season. I thought one was bad enough.

ToothAche
03-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Do we wait until Ben has a third or fourth civil suit filed against him?

MattyVfromCT
03-18-2010, 08:37 PM
What I am sick of is that tabloid Ben has taken away from any/all Steeler news in the offseason for a couple years now and brought the Steeler organization into the limelight but in a disrespectful way.

AGREED 110%. i am so sick of this nonsense

V_83
03-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Do we wait until Ben has a third or fourth civil suit filed against him?

And do what?

lloydfan4life
03-18-2010, 09:46 PM
UPDATE: Ben will meet with local officials and will supply them with a DNA sample freshly removed from Bruce Arians beard!

(first part is true, not sure on the second part)

okay... now THAT made me laugh... :hilarious:

Big T
03-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Can we stop making Ben threads until something happens, if anything? It's getting quite annoying...he's not gonna get traded...he's not going to get cut, he's not going to be suspended, and he's not going to jail...this case is he said, she said....

andyg1984
03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
agree!!

SnakeEyes43
03-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Can we stop making Ben threads until something happens, if anything? It's getting quite annoying...he's not gonna get traded...he's not going to get cut, he's not going to be suspended, and he's not going to jail...this case is he said, she said....

Exactly, there is no incriminating evidence against Ben in either case yet. Everyone needs to chill out with all this "release, trade, or GET A NEW QB!!!!" talk. It's stupid and pretty annoying. We all just have to wait and see what happens. With the way everything is looking for both "assault" cases thus far, Ben should be fine and he will be the starting QB for us next year and many more years to come...(thats if he can keep his pants on from here on out, as hopefully he has learned his lesson). Ben, you're a 100 million dollar QB for one of the most storied franchises in the NFL, please act like it. Represent yourself, your family, the Steelers organization, and your fans with dignity and respect.

igor0190
03-19-2010, 01:13 AM

:plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::cursin:

TampaSteelGirl
03-19-2010, 11:52 AM

I have to agree here....Personally I don't feel Ben did anything different than any other guy or girl in a bar and with the drinks and shots flowing did...drink and hook up! Until we hear something incriminating I'm getting a little sick of these threads...I dont' even like the thread I posted anymore! :tampa:

LatrobePA
03-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Don't go into the light Ben! The more that comes out the more I call this whole thing BS. I'm still PO'd he put himself in this position, but do hope it clears up soon!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Just listened to the Tomlin but about him being concerned about the team and for Ben, etc. Atleast we have time right now, it's not even April yet, so once we get the draft done and OTA's really get into full swing I suspect Ben will be there and go about his daily offseason NFL life amongst this legal crap he's going through.

75Steeler
03-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I think if the state had a solid case against him, Ben would have already been charged. The only other question I have is why hasn't this GA girl filed a civil suit. Maybe to maintain an appearance that she isn't looking for money in this?

ejsteeler
03-22-2010, 01:10 PM
There's just no reason for her to rush into the civil lawsuit right now. She can wait to see if the criminal suit goes through first. She has plenty of time.

LatrobePA
03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Personally I think Ben should be suspended with out pay until this one is resolved! Maybe the lack of income will keep him out of kiddie bars!!

Blazedby92
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Personally I think Ben should be suspended with out pay until this one is resolved! Maybe the lack of income will keep him out of kiddie bars!!

????:thinking::willybs:

tburg68
03-22-2010, 01:58 PM

That you are innocent til proven guilty still in this country. So much media coverage now a days, the case is tryed in the court of public opinion WAY too much.

LatrobePA
03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
That you are innocent til proven guilty still in this country. So much media coverage now a days, the case is tryed in the court of public opinion WAY too much.

That **** goes out the window when you're paid millions to be an "elite" QB for a PRO team. You have young kids looking up to you, wanting to be just like you, this is diffrent than if you or I went out and mugged some 20 yr old girl at a club.

IMO he's guilty as hell, maybe not rape etc. but for being stupid and not using his head. He asked for all this bad rap...

You guys can swing from his nuts all you want, I used to love the guy, hell my boy idolized him, but at this point he's been a distaction almost every offseason, I wouldn't lose sleep if they cut his ***! It is what it is!!

Silverback
03-22-2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8171558a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Goodell wants to meet with Ben...

--- Added 3/22/2010 at 01:32 PM ---

I hope he doesn't drop the hammer

andyg1984
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
imo goodell has an agenda of keeping players healthy and selling tickets/pushing TV ratings .. i think this is more of a "sit-down" than anything .. might sound crazy, but if he was a defensive player i would be more worried what RG would do i guess

LatrobePA
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8171558a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

What a mess!:banging:

Silverback
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Either way it just confirms that this is now a 'big deal' on a national level.

Sir Blitzelot
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Either way it just confirms that this is now a 'big deal' on a national level.

That's for sure... and as we know Goodell is a no nonsense kind of guy. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this all gets worked out.

75Steeler
03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
We all knew this was coming in some way shape or form. It may be better for him to meet with the commish now and get it out of the way. This may also be the come to Jesus meeting Ben needs to get his head back in the game.

Captcoolhand
03-22-2010, 06:15 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. – N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell made clear Monday that he was unhappy with the conduct of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who is under police investigation after a 20-year-old college student accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia bar. Goodell said that he spoke to the Rooney family, the owners of the Steelers, and planned to speak with Roethlisberger at a later date.

“We take the issue very seriously,” Goodell said Monday at a news conference here during the league’s annual meeting. “We are concerned Ben continues to put himself in this position.”

Goodell was referring to off-the-field incidents involving Roethlisberger. Last year Roethlisberger was sued by a woman who said that he raped her in Lake Tahoe in 2008. Roethlisberger was also involved in a serious motorcycle accident in the summer of 2006. Art Rooney II has said the team is monitoring Roethlisberger’s situation. Roethlisberger has not been charged. His lawyer, Ed Garland, has said Roethlisberger did nothing criminal and he has hired his own investigative team.

Goodell’s comments were strong, considering that the Roethlisberger investigation is only a few weeks old and there is no indication of when – or if – charges will be brought. But Goodell could choose to discipline Roethlisberger in the same way he suspended Michael Vick before he was convicted for his role in a dog-fighting operation.

LarryNJ
03-22-2010, 09:14 PM
“We are concerned Ben continues to put himself in this position.

So are we commish...so are we....:evilshake:

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2010, 12:56 AM
But I like the way the Commish said it. In other words, it isn't Ben's fault per say. He just allows himself to be put in a comprimising position. This tells me that the Commish really doesn't think Ben did anything wrong.

But he has to stay away from hole in the wall establishments which are littered with gold digger women.

Zachintosh66
03-23-2010, 01:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zyj4BmjZvk

75Steeler
03-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Ben will need to win another Super Bowl soon to help him pay for all of his legal issues. :thinking:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Anytime the big man starts talking about you to the national media, it's never a good thing. Regardless of what happens with Ben on this, even if he's cleared, he'll be talking with Goodell.

75Steeler
03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Anytime the big man starts talking about you to the national media, it's never a good thing. Regardless of what happens with Ben on this, even if he's cleared, he'll be talking with Goodell.

TG I really don't think that is a bad thing. Ben needs a come to Jesus meeting with Goodell to make him understand that he puts himself in these situations and that it won't be tolerated. Ben needs to be scared now and hopefully this is over by the time regular season games start and he can get back to the business of football.

LatrobePA
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
GA DA dropped request for DNA sample from BB...Maybe this will be by the wasteside soon!!

LarryNJ
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Mike Tomlin: "It's well known we're very, very conscious about how we do business, that we're very highly concerned about our image perception; how we conduct ourselves, our standards of conduct is above and beyond that of our peers," Tomlin said. "We embrace that. That's why I made the comments that I made."

I'm surprised he said as much as he has.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2010-03-23-mike-tomlin-ben-roethlisberger_N.htm

JensK
03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
He has had to.. the preasure has most likely been insane, and for the sake of steelers image, they have had to address it.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-24-2010, 09:37 AM
TG I really don't think that is a bad thing. Ben needs a come to Jesus meeting with Goodell to make him understand that he puts himself in these situations and that it won't be tolerated. Ben needs to be scared now and hopefully this is over by the time regular season games start and he can get back to the business of football.

Oh he definitely needs a come to Jesus meeting with Goodell, I have no doubt of that. I'm quite sure the Rooney's and Tomlin have already had theirs with Ben. If he's cleared of this and it goes away I'm pretty certain he'll probably have another then to reinforce what needs to happen with him.

Right now the NFL and the Steelers are saying all the right things; talking about being concerned for him, the team, etc. If they didn't say anything or just said we'll wait and see, they would get the image from the public that they don't care. That they just think it's no big deal. Them talking to the media this much is as much a PR move as it as actual concern. They have every right to be disappointed in Ben and how he's marked this franchise in this way, there is no doubt of that.

Regardless though, the Steelers know full well how the investigation is going and they already have a sense of what will or won't happen. Anybody that thinks they don't is just fooling themselves.

75Steeler
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh he definitely needs a come to Jesus meeting with Goodell, I have no doubt of that. I'm quite sure the Rooney's and Tomlin have already had theirs with Ben. If he's cleared of this and it goes away I'm pretty certain he'll probably have another then to reinforce what needs to happen with him.

Right now the NFL and the Steelers are saying all the right things; talking about being concerned for him, the team, etc. If they didn't say anything or just said we'll wait and see, they would get the image from the public that they don't care. That they just think it's no big deal. Them talking to the media this much is as much a PR move as it as actual concern. They have every right to be disappointed in Ben and how he's marked this franchise in this way, there is no doubt of that.

Regardless though, the Steelers know full well how the investigation is going and they already have a sense of what will or won't happen. Anybody that thinks they don't is just fooling themselves.

I agree! I'm sure that the Steelers know more than we do about what is going on in an investigation against their $102+ million dollar QB. They would be stupid not to. Mike Tomlin made it very clear in his statements the other day that this type of behavior is not to the standards of the Steelers organization.

SnakeEyes43
03-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Yesterday the Ben DNA request was dropped, today it was announced that the GA accuser refused to meet with investigators...wtf is going on? This sounds like good news to me, as it seems like the case it going nowhere, but it's hard to tell. I guess we just have to wait....hopefully this will all be cleared up in the next few (2-4) weeks. :crossfingers:

coldrolled
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Yesterday the Ben DNA request was dropped, today it was announced that the GA accuser refused to meet with investigators...wtf is going on? This sounds like good news to me, as it seems like the case it going nowhere, but it's hard to tell. I guess we just have to wait....hopefully this will all be cleared up in the next few (2-4) weeks. :crossfingers:

heres a good one:

Cansino shared with investigators copies of the driver's license Capital City's bouncers seized from Roethlisberger's accuser weeks before she was seen with him. The date on the license was scratched and reworked to indicate she was born in June 1987 — two years before her actual birth.

The Tribune-Review does not name alleged victims of sexual abuse. The woman's Atlanta attorney, Lee Parks, did not return messages seeking comment.

"She presented the ID, but the security saw that it clearly was a fake birth date," said Cansino, a former county prosecutor. "Because she never got the chance to drink, security confiscated it and didn't turn her over for other charges."

According to Cansino, authorities told him the woman's blood alcohol level was above 0.20 percent — more than 10 times the legal limit for drivers younger than 21 in Georgia and more than twice the limit for older motorists.

"We believe that she obtained the alcohol from patrons, not from employees," said Cansino, who said bouncers removed one member of the woman's group from the VIP room that evening.

Roethlisberger's attorney, Edward T.M. Garland, declined to comment for this story. He insists authorities will file no charges in the case

A Pac
03-25-2010, 08:56 AM

this just means that she is getting paid big time to go away. we still may never know if ben is innocent or guilty, i for one think he is innocent, but his reputation is damaged forever in my opinion. he keeps making stupid mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. he's a moron.

tburg68
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
this just means that she is getting paid big time to go away. we still may never know if ben is innocent or guilty, i for one think he is innocent, but his reputation is damaged forever in my opinion. he keeps making stupid mistakes and doesn't seem to learn from them. he's a moron.

I for one, think anyone who is still a Browns fan, is a MORON!

coldrolled
03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
I for one, think anyone who is still a Browns fan, is a MORON!

Browns called Bradshaw a dumb a__ for years. 4 SB's

Now they can make fun of Ben. 2 SB's

If they had a winning QB once in the last 45 years, maybe we could have made fun of him. jus' sayin...

--- Added 3/25/2010 at 09:20 AM ---

It was reported on KDKA.com that the accuser has refused to be interviewed by the police again.

There are many reasons as to why the prosecutors would interview any accuser more than one time. It may be to see if there is any additional information that they remember and to make sure that their story is the same one from the initial interview.

For the accuser to refuse to be re-interviewed, the case against Roethlisberger could be over soon.

Sources say that the accuser failed to show up for an interview last Tuesday, and as of last Friday, still did not come in to be interviewed.

As Pittsburgh area defense attorney, Robert Del Greco stated, "Well they would have hit a brick wall."

TampaSteelGirl
03-25-2010, 11:24 AM

WRONG!!! What it means is she was lying....she drank too much and now that she's sober she remembered what really happened. No one is paying her to shut up....why would they?

75Steeler
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Big Ben's troubles tarnish Steelers' image
Thursday, March 25, 2010
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Even though Georgia authorities have confirmed they're no longer seeking Ben Roethlisberger's DNA, the quarterback's situation remains fluid.

So to speak.

Take the matter of conflicting reports involving Ed Garland, Roethlisberger's legal ace and a litigator with a capacious reputation for getting tough guys out of tough spots. One report has Garland disputing the notion that he has unleashed a team of investigators into the wilds of Georgia to gather further information about the night of March 4/5. Another quotes one of the presumptive sleuths, one Charles Mittelstadt, who says he's employing "folks that would blend into the student population."

Because it was in a hot little nest of campus bars that Roethlisberger somehow made himself even more notorious, private eyes with skewed ballcaps and tatts are suddenly in demand.

Who'd a thunk?

For full disclosure, a part of me feels bad for Ben. Unfortunately, it's the part of me that enjoys Maury Povich.

I mean, poor No. 7. Without giving up some DNA, he's never getting on Maury. He's never going to get a chance to do the You Are Not The Father Dance. He's probably never going to meet Sholonda, who I believe still holds the Maury Povich record for most DNA tests ordered, one offspring, 17. Unless, of course, Sholonda shows up at a celebrity golf tournament or an obscure campus bar. Stranger things have happened.

Wednesday was a day for reckless speculation on the meaning of Ben's personal deoxyribonucleic acid no longer being sought by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Garland was quick enough to say he thought it meant the authorities had nothing with which to match it, but others in the legal community were just as quick with the interpretation that the case against Roethlisberger was so strong that prosecutors can sack him without an all-out forensic blitz.

But in Steelers Nation, if you must, it felt very much as if a fourth-and-26 had just been converted. Did I hear the chains move? Roethlisberger still might not even be at the 30-yard line, but if there's a chance he won't be charged, there's probably a chance he won't be suspended, giving him a chance to lead R Stillers to a rousing duplication of last year's stirring 9-7.

Even with Ben's best outcome, however, there remains a serious conflict for the Steelers-afflicted.

On one hand, you have the reconstructed face of the organization continually putting himself in harm's way, turning up in TMZ video (never a good thing), necessitating professional explanations of what constitutes sexual assault as opposed to what constitutes rape, all of which are reason enough for NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to alert Roethlisberger he has decided on "the appropriate time" for a chat. It'll be a formal scolding, one that isn't likely to begin with something like, "So Ben, I understand you have a very active lifestyle."

On the other hand, you have Dan Rooney, coming up on his 78th birthday, still going to Mass every morning in Dublin as the United States ambassador to Ireland, which many would consider a lesser post than Chairman Emeritus, Pittsburgh Steelers.

The gap between those images isn't one you're supposed to be able to drown a tradition in, which is what concerns not only so many of the organization's frothing supporters, but also its officials as well.

What other rhetorical genesis explains Mike Tomlin's "concerns"?

"I think it's well known that we're very, very conscious of how we do business," Tomlin said in Orlando, Fla., this week, "that we're very highly concerned about our image, perception, how we conduct ourselves. Our standards of conduct I think are above and beyond those of our peers. We embrace that."

The Steelers' reputation for relatively good behavior is very likely a function of good luck rather than persnickety personnel evaluation, and its glossy less-likely-to-be-arrested-than-thou attitude is as much the optic overlay of its loyalists as any triumph of corporate psychological profiling.

But let's get back to fluidity, shall we?

Here's what else is fluid. The Philadelphia Eagles are suddenly entertaining offers for all three of their quarterbacks, Donovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb, and former dogfighting commissioner and convicted felon Michael Vick.

Would the Eagles take Roethlisberger in a trade? Maybe not; they've already got a No. 7 with an active lifestyle.

Would the Steelers consider cutting No. 7 if he's formally charged? It depends.

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano, also attending this week's NFL meetings in Orlando, noted with evident disgust the arrests of three wayward fish in the past seven weeks. Asked if any of those players would be cut, Sparano said this:

"I think you've got to look at the player's history. If the history was chronic and there was a lot of problems there in the past or any of those types of things, I think that's something you could consider."

I don't think the Steelers are considering that at this point, as Art Rooney II has indicated there's no hurry. But I think that might work against Roethlisberger. The organization's best minds now have time to stew over the damage his presence can bring to the brand they've so expertly crafted lo' these many years.

The Steelers should ask Ben for his DNA. Maybe they could freeze it, clone themselves a Jurassic Park Ben and hope the clone doesn't have such an active lifestyle.

Or not, but that would be a heck of a Maury Povich episode

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10084/1045460-150.stm?cmpid=bcpanel1#ixzz0jCPX1NIH

We didn't need another Ben thread but I think this article really sums up our concerns and the concerns of the Steelers brass about this situation and Collier made it funny as hell!

LatrobePA
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Hand her a bar of soap and tell her to wash her dirty ***, this one is over...

Note to Ben: Grow up dude, use your f'n head and quit putting yourself in these situations!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
OMG these people just love to fuel the fire. The Steelers are not going to trade Ben to anyone, they aren't going to release him, there isn't going to be some epic draft day deal, or anything else.

Im so sick of hearing about this I could just :barf: Nobody knows anything more than they did the day this happened; other than investigators for both sides, who aren't talking anyways.

Captcoolhand
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
OMG these people just love to fuel the fire. The Steelers are not going to trade Ben to anyone, they aren't going to release him, there isn't going to be some epic draft day deal, or anything else.Ya for real.

It would cost way to much money for any team to take him and even if they dropped him they still have to pay his bonus for the rest of his contract.
If Vick can come back and make it again in the NFL, then the Steelers could do the same waiting on Ben(should something happen) for far less money.

PsychoWard
03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-revelations-in-Ben-Roethlisberger-sexual-assault-case-032510

The probe of the alleged sexual assault of a college student by NFL star Ben Roethlisberger has been slowed by the revelation that security video recordings do not exist, a newspaper reported.

Separately, KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh reported it was told that the woman has declined to have a second interview with police.

The newspaper said the woman's attorney did not return messages seeking comment. Roethlisberger's attorney declined to comment.

Carl Cansino, the attorney for Capital City nightclub where the incident allegedly took place, said the Georgia bar's security video recordings from March 5 had been overwritten and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was unable to retrieve any evidence from the recordings. He also said no cameras were trained on the staff restroom near a storage corridor where the assault allegedly occurred.

"The DVD system overwrote itself," Cansino told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "Had it just been deleted, they might have been able to save some of it."

Cansino also said an unnamed member of the Steelers quarterback's entourage captured camera phone footage in the nightclub's VIP room. He characterized the content as typical of a birthday celebration and said it shows the 20 year-old Georgia College & State University sophomore with Roethlisberger around the time of the incident.

Authorities said they have interviewed eight to 10 members of the quarterback's group from the night in question. GBI agents said Roethlisberger hasn't talked to authorities since a brief interview with Milledgeville detectives, and District Attorney Fred Bright hasn't decided whether to pursue charges.

Cansino said he supplied investigators with a copy of the driver's license employees seized from Roethlisberger's accuser weeks before she was seen with him. The date on the license was altered to make her appear two years older, he said.

Now it looks she had a fake I D too!!!!

Captcoolhand
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-revelations-in-Ben-Roethlisberger-sexual-assault-case-032510

Now it looks she had a fake I D too!!!!You knew that was going to come out! She had no business even being in there and drinking in the 1st place. Explains why the club hired a lawyer to protect the charges that will come against them for serving her... they could loose their licences.

PsychoWard
03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
You knew that was going to come out! She had no business even being in there and drinking in the 1st place. Explains why the club hired a lawyer to protect the charges that will come against them for serving her... they could loose their licences.

Exactly and now all of a sudden she doesn't want to talk to the police anymore!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
A completely drunk off her *** college chick with an altered state ID is going to try and press charges for an incident that nobody can confirm happened, with no video tape to back it up and an entourage of people who deny everything.

This just keeps getting better and better. Unless some revelation comes to light, there's no way any of these charges are going to stick and now it's just people back peddling and killing time trying to save face.

Ben needs to get his act together; but if all goes well atleast he won't have this issue to deal with from a legal standpoint.

PsychoWard
03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
A completely drunk off her *** college chick with an altered state ID is going to try and press charges for an incident that nobody can confirm happened, with no video tape to back it up and an entourage of people who deny everything.

This just keeps getting better and better. Unless some revelation comes to light, there's no way any of these charges are going to stick and now it's just people back peddling and killing time trying to save face.

Ben needs to get his act together; but if all goes well atleast he won't have this issue to deal with from a legal standpoint.

coudn't have said it better myself!!!! If and when this gets dropped ben needs to take a step back and realize that he is the leader of a HUGE very respected organazation and think before he puts himself in these postions!

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I thought i read that a bouncer confiscated her id . They give a bracelet of some type to distinquish those of age or not of age . Does that mean Ben was contributing to the delinquincy of a minor ? This keeps getting better and better . I really think that Ben will learn a lot from this episode . At least i hope so !
As for her , she should not have been even drinking anyway . It could be no different than driving without a liscense . Seems like she is facing her own scaled down version of good old american justice . If you are driving without a liscense , and you are involved in any type of accident , whether it is your fault or not you are guilty . You should not have been driving in the first place . If ya were not there , chances are there would not have been an accident in the first place .
Just one way to look at it .

ejsteeler
03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
This is good news, but back off the "she shouldn't have been there anyway" kick. There's not one person on here who didn't do something illegal when you were young, or lately since some of you are that young....:yellowthumb:

But, and I'm :deadhorse:, he needs to get his cranium out of his sphyncter.............

AZ_Steeler
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Let's watch the name calling in the forums... Also, let's not let little things blow out of proportion especially when it's hard to see someone's actual mood at the time of the response. It is easy to misinterpret someone's response when reading it online.

Let's keep it civil, and if something needs to be said outside the topic of this thread then take it behind closed doors so everyone else don't have to read it.

Thanks!

Captcoolhand
03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
:popcorn: Man, I was just starting to enjoy this! :D

LatrobePA
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
:popcorn: Man, I was just starting to enjoy this! :D

Me too, I was hoping there would be an internet fist fight!!

Captcoolhand
03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Me too, I was hoping there would be an internet fist fight!!
:hehheh:

75Steeler
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
WPXI.com is now reporting that the accuser's attorneys are making her available to investigators. The original report was something that the media blew up.

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry , the dude just erked me . To call one person out and not the other is so unjust . ...but that is my opinion . Sorry if i was a jerk .

after all if they both broke the law . should be off setting penalties

lloydfan4life
03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry , the dude just erked me . To call one person out and not the other is so unjust . ...but that is my opinion . Sorry if i was a jerk .

after all they both broke the law . should be off setting penalties

you were. apology accepted. now move on.

Captcoolhand
03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
WPXI.com is now reporting that the accuser's attorneys are making her available to investigators. The original report was something that the media blew up.well if you provide your anchors with the right info and Maybe they wouldn't have that problem.....:D

MattyVfromCT
03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028720

i call bs. why no mention of this last week, let alone right after it happened? not to mention that fact that ben's bodyguards are both off duty police officers.

LarryNJ
03-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Ben who? You may have met him in a bathroom...:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbvpBHb-2o

Captcoolhand
03-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Ben who? You may have met him in a bathroom...:lol:

:haha: A true Blonde....

Woodson_DownUnder
03-26-2010, 01:31 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. Her credibility has taken a shot with false ID and DNA has been eliminated from the equation. Goodell will enforce himself to 'SCARE' Big Ben abit (for the better) and hopefully he'll be more careful next time. I'm not going to think of Big Ben being a tarnished player at all. What's he done after all?? Consensual flirting isn't a crime otherwise most of us will all be felons. I'm over it. Can sleep at night.

lloydfan4life
03-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah... I'm getting to the point now that the more I hear the more I'm starting to think they're trying to make this whole thing into more than it actually was. :dunno:

LarryNJ
03-26-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. Her credibility has taken a shot with false ID and DNA has been eliminated from the equation. Goodell will enforce himself to 'SCARE' Big Ben abit (for the better) and hopefully he'll be more careful next time. I'm not going to think of Big Ben being a tarnished player at all. What's he done after all?? Consensual flirting isn't a crime otherwise most of us will all be felons. I'm over it. Can sleep at night.

I don't think the fake ID or her being underage and drinking means anything. The DNA simply means it won't be a rape charge. If it's simple flirting you are correct it's not a crime. But if it's Ben forcing himself on her by grabbing her in the bathroom or trying to kiss her against her will it most certainly is a crime. Her being underage, drunk, or even if she was the one flirting doesn't give Ben the right to touch her.

lloydfan4life
03-26-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't think the fake ID or her being underage and drinking means anything. The DNA simply means it won't be a rape charge. If it's simple flirting you are correct it's not a crime. But if it's Ben forcing himself on her by grabbing her in the bathroom or trying to kiss her against her will it most certainly is a crime. Her being underage, drunk, or even if she was the one flirting doesn't give Ben the right to touch her.

:iagree: but at this point it seems it's all 'he said' 'she said'. No video, no witnesses, no DNA. Not looking good for her case against Ben.

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-26-2010, 09:21 PM
:iagree: but at this point it seems it's all 'he said' 'she said'. No video, no witnesses, no DNA. Not looking good for her case against Ben.

I disagree with the whole fake id thing. If you have the money to hire a rough and tough attorney , chances are he would shread the credibility of the accuser right off the bat ,
it all starts with her making such an accusation anyway .
She is not creditable from the get go . Get it ?

LarryNJ
03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
I disagree with the whole fake id thing. If you have the money to hire a rough and tough attorney , chances are he would shread the credibility of the accuser right off the bat ,
it all starts with her making such an accusation anyway .
She is not creditable from the get go . Get it ?

In a criminal case her credibility doesn't mean a thing. Without some evidence the prosecutor will never take it to trail. So the attorney will never have a chance to shred it. If there's more evidence the southern boy judge would probably tell the attorney the id is irrelevant.

Now if it goes to civil court than yes it would mean something along with the fact that she was drunk.

I think Ben is probably guilty but it won't ever get to a trail.

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-27-2010, 12:43 AM
I think the credibilty of an accuser is always going to come into question.....if you are a good lawyer , what better place to start . She was probably so drunk Ben tried to keep her from falling , and accidently touched her breasts as she was falling , and she screamed assault . I'm sorry , i forgot that she is miss goody 2 shoes , and never did anything wrong in her life . But she went out and got drunk , and used a false id , and mingled in a place she should not be , and Ben was at a place he should not have been ?
Sorry but the **** ain't flushin. Like i said before , there are a lot of lies to be told , some even untold as of yet , but there is only one truth . It will come out in the laundry.

nuclearchihuahuas
03-27-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree, Ben is a world class dumb sh**--and the 20 year old girl is no rocket surgeon either...her blood alcohol level was .2--seriously, how does she even know what actually happened? It could be worse than reported or it could not have happened at all. I just hope the investigation ends very very soon, so Commissioner Goodell can tell Ben what a DUMBsh** he is too and then the season can begin. I hope he learns this time--it took a near fatal accident for him to understand why Coach Cowher wanted him to at least wear a helmet or not ride at all. He resented Coach Cowher--he said Coach didn't "treat him like a man" -- maybe that's because you're not a man yet Ben--come on...man up and show some respect for women in particular and people in general...GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

SteelerSteve
03-27-2010, 08:32 PM
I think his reputation will be tarnished...maybe not forever, but hes gonna be kinda on thin ice for a while...though other teams fans are going to call him a rapist(while hes "raping" their defenses)

Stairwayto7
03-27-2010, 09:13 PM
I agree, Ben is a world class dumb sh**--and the 20 year old girl is no rocket surgeon either...her blood alcohol level was .2--seriously, how does she even know what actually happened? It could be worse than reported or it could not have happened at all. I just hope the investigation ends very very soon, so Commissioner Goodell can tell Ben what a DUMBsh** he is too and then the season can begin. I hope he learns this time--it took a near fatal accident for him to understand why Coach Cowher wanted him to at least wear a helmet or not ride at all. He resented Coach Cowher--he said Coach didn't "treat him like a man" -- maybe that's because you're not a man yet Ben--come on...man up and show some respect for women in particular and people in general...GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

IF, and only iF, she is full of Sh!t. Then is he still a dumba$$? Remember the girl that claimed that Bettis fondled her? She was lying! They know Ben cant afford all this negative press. They know it would be easy $$

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Assuming, and hoping, that this all gets dismissed and Ben can stay out of trouble now..once he takes the field in September and he starts winning games the fans will be cheering for him just like before.

Winning has a strange way of curing any perceived ill feelings towards a sports player.

Stlrs4Life
03-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Ryan Clarks view on Ben, good article and comment by Ryan:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5026596

SteelerSteve
03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Winning has a strange way of curing any perceived ill feelings towards a sports player. This is true

75Steeler
03-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Assuming, and hoping, that this all gets dismissed and Ben can stay out of trouble now..once he takes the field in September and he starts winning games the fans will be cheering for him just like before.

Winning has a strange way of curing any perceived ill feelings towards a sports player.

Very True.....and if he doesn't win for us we take him over to the City County building, hang him from the flag pole and throw rocks at him. :lol:

LatrobePA
03-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Ben won't be at their offseason workouts starting tomorrow. Personally think it's selfish and he's gonna divide the locker room (again)! Get to work million dollar boy!!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Ben won't be at their offseason workouts starting tomorrow. Personally think it's selfish and he's gonna divide the locker room (again)! Get to work million dollar boy!!

What I read is the team is asking to stay away since they don't want Ben and his whole sexual assault case to be to much of a distraction during the workouts.....Dixon will be getting most of the reps while Ben is gone and I don't think that is a bad thing at all.....