PDA

View Full Version : Some quality DBs out there

Big T
03-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Im hoping the steelers will be a little more active in free agency this year seeing as how there's no cap...I know they will end up breaking my heart but there are some quality DBs i can see them looking at:

Dunta Robinson - He will want too much money.

Phillip Buchanon - released by the lions today....he wasn't good enough for the lions secondary, dont really want him here.

Lito Sheppard - He released by the Jets ...

Marlin Jackson - released by the colts...

Antrell Rolle...I dont even know why im mentioning him...he wants 8 million a year(More than Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, and Adrian Wilson)

Darren Sharper - please? 1 year contract?

Leigh Bodden - not bad

Nick Harper - better in a zone D...

There are a few more out there...Oh and the panthers put a second round tender on richard marshall...he is worth a second round pick..

tburg68
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Im hoping the steelers will be a little more active in free agency this year seeing as how there's no cap...I know they will end up breaking my heart but there are some quality DBs i can see them looking at:

Dunta Robinson - He will want too much money.

Phillip Buchanon - released by the lions today....he wasn't good enough for the lions secondary, dont really want him here.

Lito Sheppard - He released by the Jets ...

Marlin Jackson - released by the colts...

Antrell Rolle...I dont even know why im mentioning him...he wants 8 million a year(More than Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, and Adrian Wilson)

Darren Sharper - please? 1 year contract?

Leigh Bodden - not bad

Nick Harper - better in a zone D...

There are a few more out there...Oh and the panthers put a second round tender on richard marshall...he is worth a second round pick..

No Way the Steelers will be big FA players, isn't gonna happen. I could see them signing a reasonably priced safety if they don't resign Clark, other than that NO WAY.

Big T
03-04-2010, 06:14 PM
No Way the Steelers will be big FA players, isn't gonna happen. I could see them signing a reasonably priced safety if they don't resign Clark, other than that NO WAY.

Um...did you not see the part where I said I know they are just gonna end up breaking my heart?

tburg68
03-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Um...did you not see the part where I said I know they are just gonna end up breaking my heart

--- Added 3/4/2010 at 05:14 PM ---

Um...did you not see the part where I said I know they are just gonna end up breaking my heart?

UMMMMMM, if you know what they are going to do already, why bring up scenarios that are not possible? And why would it break your heart?

Big T
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
UMMMMMM, if you know what they are going to do already, why bring up scenarios that are not possible? And why would it break your heart?

not possible? unlikely maybe but im pretty sure it is possible...

DanRooney
03-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Redskins just cut Fred Smoot. I have a mancrush on all of the Skins' corners (Rogers as well). They're all pretty physical and I think would be awesome if they had a pass rush to help them. Remember them giving Ben fits when we played them a couple of years ago? I think Smoot would be a very realistic FA that the Steelers would consider signing.

Big T
03-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Redskins just cut Fred Smoot. I have a mancrush on all of the Skins' corners (Rogers as well). They're all pretty physical and I think would be awesome if they had a pass rush to help them. Remember them giving Ben fits when we played them a couple of years ago? I think Smoot would be a very realistic FA that the Steelers would consider signing.

I'd like it...

Zachintosh66
03-04-2010, 07:11 PM
how old is Smoot now? Id prefer Rodgers the rest of that list id pass on...

--- Added 3/4/2010 at 06:11 PM ---

nevermind... rodgers got tendered...

K Train
03-04-2010, 07:32 PM
tomlin is good friends with sharper.

sharper ftw

K Train
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
phillip buchanon was released today

Big T
03-04-2010, 08:24 PM
tomlin is good friends with sharper.

sharper ftw

college teammates then Tomlin coached Darren in Minnesota...Bring him in Mike, Bring him in....

K Train
03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
would be sweet to have a DB that could catch, and to groom earl thomas when he is limited to nickel and dime his rookie year :-)

Big T
03-05-2010, 01:00 AM
would be sweet to have a DB that could catch, and to groom earl thomas when he is limited to nickel and dime his rookie year :-)

That is my absolute dream scenario....

DanRooney
03-05-2010, 02:29 AM
We won't pay Sharper anything.

Meaning no way he'll ever land with us.

K Train
03-05-2010, 03:22 AM
sharper was team mates with tomlin and then tomlin coached him at minny....its defintiely possible

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Sharper will resign with the Saints.

Zachintosh66
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
def no chance for Sharper...