PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap information (self-imposed)

cmerrifield
03-04-2010, 12:10 AM
There is an article on Steelersdepot.com
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/03/steelers-2010-salary-cap-state-of-the-roster/

It says that we have spent about 111 million of cap space right now, last years cap was 128 million so we would have roughly 20 million dollars of self-imposed cap room. Pick 18 last year signed for 5 years 15.5 million, so add some for inflation and we are looking at about 4 million against the cap. Therefore, we would have about 16 million left to sign the rest of the rookies and FS (Ryan Clark or otherwise). So I think we are in pretty good shape. So I am guessing they just dont want to pay Clark as much as he is asking for more than we dont have the cap space for it.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
The Steelers are one of the best, if not the best in the league at squeaking out every last dollar of cap money. They aren't afraid to ride the fine line of being right up against the space. When you look at 20 million to sign all those players it doesn't seem like much money at all, but when you factor in how you can spread money out over the life of the contract you can see how, while it still isn't easy, it's doable.

The Steelers are never one to sway too far in any direction, they'll stick with what they do and what works. You have to figure at some point a new CBA will be reached so they want to cover their butts and not be in trouble when that happens.

I would like to see them spend alittle more though, if they have the chance, but that won't happen.

coldrolled
03-04-2010, 10:02 AM
There is an article on Steelersdepot.com
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/03/steelers-2010-salary-cap-state-of-the-roster/

It says that we have spent about 111 million of cap space right now, last years cap was 128 million so we would have roughly 20 million dollars of self-imposed cap room. Pick 18 last year signed for 5 years 15.5 million, so add some for inflation and we are looking at about 4 million against the cap. Therefore, we would have about 16 million left to sign the rest of the rookies and FS (Ryan Clark or otherwise). So I think we are in pretty good shape. So I am guessing they just dont want to pay Clark as much as he is asking for more than we dont have the cap space for it.

Inflation?? My property values went down 40% in three years.