PDA

View Full Version : Finally Stapleton could be gone...

Zachintosh66
03-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Steelers | Not expected to tender offer to Stapleton
Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:21:44 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers are not expected to tender an offer to restricted free-agent OG Darnell Stapleton.

http://www.kffl.com/team/30/NFL

K Train
03-02-2010, 12:19 AM
finally? he started for one year and was a huge upgrade over simmons

we can say finally when starks leaves, stapleton was an UDFA and did good things for us as the steelers won a superbowl. not the greatest RG to come through pittsburgh, but certainly not the worst....thread title=little harsh

Big T
03-02-2010, 12:47 AM

we can say finally when starks leaves, stapleton was an UDFA and did good things for us as the steelers won a superbowl. not the greatest RG to come through pittsburgh, but certainly not the worst....thread title=little harsh

No doubt....Hes better than Essex, and all the other scrubs we have for options...He's defintely better than hartwig...

K Train
03-02-2010, 12:51 AM
meh stapleton=essex

both are pass blocking interior linemen...i think both did well at the spot

hartwig has never done well....ever

SteelerSal
03-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Stapelton and Kemo were the only bright spots on a dim o-line.

Unless Urbik is ready to start this season.....Getting rid of stapelton will be a mistake, IMO.

cmerrifield
03-02-2010, 08:20 AM
I am not sure why they dont tender him, its not like they cant cut him if he doesnt work out. I am thinking there could be more to the story. Maybe he hasnt recovered from his injury or something. It just doesnt make sense how somebody could go from starting RG to injured reserve to off the team without something else being a factor, maybe he was lazy and didnt work out the whole last season or something.

LatrobePA
03-02-2010, 09:34 AM

Spot on! Need to send Starks packing...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
The knock on Stapleton from what I remember, was not only his inexperience (which can be overcome in time) but he just wasn't built to be a guard, he's more of a center. He's real compact and stoudt, and given time could be a decent lineman. He had his issues, some nagging injuries and what not, but overall he wasn't the worst certainly to come through our team.

As far as Starks goes, yeah we're stuck with him, the money they gave him, I don't see us letting him go anytime soon. I just wish this team would him back to RT, move Colon to RG, and draft a LT. That would put our OL in GREAT shape IMO.

SteelCityKid5
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Didnt Starks sign a contract last offseason? Why do people keep saying to get him packing when he obviously wont be going anywhere?

LatrobePA
03-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Didnt Starks sign a contract last offseason? Why do people keep saying to get him packing when he obviously wont be going anywhere?

Wishful thinking....

Zachintosh66
03-02-2010, 11:42 AM

Same for Hartwig...