PDA

View Full Version : Reed gets community service

75Steeler
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Steelers kicker Reed given community service
Monday, March 01, 2010
By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
A city magistrate threw out resisting arrest and simple assault charges against Steelers' kicker Jeff Reed and ordered him to complete 40 hours of community service on two other charges stemming from an incident outside a North Shore bar in October.

District Judge Richard King gave the kicker six weeks to finish the community service and told him to return April 12 to face remaining charges of disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. If community service is completed, those charges likely will be dropped.

Police said Mr. Reed interfered with them and tried to fight them when they tried to cite teammate Matt Spaeth for urinating in a parking lot.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10060/1039510-100.stm#ixzz0gy6IIdap

Sir Blitzelot
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Reed got lucky on this one, it could have been worse. Hopefully, this will be his wake up call. :crossfingers:

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah , i agree , it could have been a lot worse . He could have gotten 40 more hours for each missed fieldgoal, and 40 more for non commitment of forcing another player out of bounds . LOL

steelersbabex25
03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Oyyy ya yoiii. That's all I have to say.

Gettysburgh_Steel
03-01-2010, 11:10 PM
For real man i like Reed . But in the 4th quarter , and you need to pin a team in their own territory with a booming kick ....he is not the man . Special teams break-down or not . He is the lead on special teams ! It is not all about fieldgoal kicks . If it was we would be in good shape right ? Special teams hurt us last year , but i can't help to think a lot of it stemmed from a weak leg on kick-offs . It will be the same , and look forward to it , until he is gone for good . Mark my words ! Jeff is a has been . Lessen they come up with another plan on kick-offs .

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Reed is young, he does some dumb stuff there's no doubt, but he's a solid kicker and even in the midst of that slump he was in 2 years ago he was able to work his way out of it and finish off the season decent. He's a scrapper, a fan favorite, hopefully his law issues are behind him.

LatrobePA
03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Reed got lucky on this one, it could have been worse. Hopefully, this will be his wake up call. :crossfingers:

I hope so...He's a kicker, and he has to remember that, he's far from a tough guy!!