PDA

View Full Version : Who's better: Tyler Grisham or Limas Sweed??

Callax
02-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I have a riddle for every and all STEELER fans....

Tyler Grisham, a rookie WR from Clemson, played in the last 4 games and had 1 catch for 14 yards. In that game, he was targeted 2 times. That is his season's stats.

Limas Sweed, a 2nd year player out of Texas, had also 1 catch for 5 yards and was targeted 5 times throughout the season....

Grisham looks like he could be another Wes Welker ( small, quick gnat of a WR)

Sweed looks like a basket case, ton of physical ability, but is a head case. Cannot make a simple catch look anything but a juggling act....

Who will be with the team next year, how long will they be with the team, and who would you rather have?

fire away with the debate......

DanRooney
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
I have a riddle for every and all STEELER fans....

Tyler Grisham, a rookie WR from Clemson, played in the last 4 games and had 1 catch for 14 yards. In that game, he was targeted 2 times. That is his season's stats.

Limas Sweed, a 2nd year player out of Texas, had also 1 catch for 5 yards and was targeted 5 times throughout the season....

Grisham looks like he could be another Wes Welker ( small, quick gnat of a WR)

Sweed looks like a basket case, ton of physical ability, but is a head case. Cannot make a simple catch look anything but a juggling act....

Who will be with the team next year, how long will they be with the team, and who would you rather have?

fire away with the debate......

They'll both be on the team next year; Sweed as the #4 and Grisham as the #5. I do believe it's Sweed last year to prove himself before he's cut.

K Train
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
sweed.

even if hes been a let down in the passing game so far he has shown the ability to get open and stretch the field....just because greshim is white doesnt make him wes welker.

and sweed is a dominate blocker which doenst hurt

andyg1984
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
lol .. i think every white WR gets compared to welker regardless of style .. edelman (sp?) can play tho ..

you seem to have faith in sweed.. i refer to him as a homeless mans version braylon edwards, but is sort of a coping mechanism because i stayed with him up to the drop in the bengals game - i thought it was going to be different in '09 ... he needs to see a shrink and i don't mean that in an insulting way ..

JensK
02-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Sweed by far. I loved the Sweed pick back then, and i still think the kid has huuuge potential. He has shown that he can get open, really well actually. He just need to catch that damn ball. I guess we`ll see. This is a do or die year for Sweed, so he better perform or he will be out of the league come 2011. Im still a believer tho. Its just hard for me to imagine that kind of talent fail 3 years in a row, but then again, it happens all the time in NFL.

Tyler Grisham has not showed anything either tho. He did catch one ball... Big deal.

Goodfrom55
02-18-2010, 06:45 PM
If Sweed has shown anything in the past 2 years, it's his ability to get open. Once he is able to pull his head out of his hind parts and catch the ball, he will be a threat. But this is definitely his last chance to demonstrate his worth or he will likely be this decade's version of Lee Mays.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Ok why is this question even being asked.......I don't care that Grisham has one catch for 14 yards with only being targeted two times and Sweed only had 1 catch for 5 yard with being targeted 5 times.....Both players really still have much to prove.....

I like what I seen out of Grisham during pre-season and his limited time during the season but its much to early to start comparing him to Wes Welker....lol The Steelers might have a diamond in the rough with Grisham but I want to see more then 1 catch during the season to start making retarded comparisons......

Sweed has been a disappointment so far for being a former second round pick.....But its way to early to declare him a bust or state that Grisham is better then him......Sweed has all the talent in the world to succeed but seems to be suffering from the mental part of the game....True he might never solve his mental woes but he also could turn it all around in 2010 and finally show why the Steelers spent a second round pick on him.....

andyg1984
02-18-2010, 07:16 PM
i loved sweed in the '08 draft, but i am not sure what evidence we have other than 2006 you tube highlights that show he is capable of playing in the NFL .. i mean, should he not have at least seen the field in his first two years? don't you almost think we are seeing why so many teams passed on him when he was at one point a top 20 prospect?

Zachintosh66
02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
push... both r scrubs

SteelCityKid5
02-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Why does every white wide receiver in the NFL have to be compared to Wes Welker?

LatrobePA
02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Why does every white wide receiver in the NFL have to be compared to Wes Welker?

LOL!

Sweed will come through.....

K Train
02-18-2010, 09:12 PM
wes welker is wes welker because he has good speed but his cuts are incredible and the ONE thing that separates him from the rest is the man is fearless. ill compare someone to welker when they show they are fearless

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
02-18-2010, 10:20 PM
push... both r scrubs

lol...agreed. i haven't seen anything from either of them to get excited about..I'm still not giving up on Sweed tho.

igor0190
02-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Wow, has it really come to this???
Sweed Vs Grisham?

Lol, we need some excitement on this board. Flaccosayshi, you out there?

SnakeEyes43
02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
wes welker is wes welker because he has good speed but his cuts are incredible and the ONE thing that separates him from the rest is the man is fearless. ill compare someone to welker when they show they are fearless

I think he may fear the Steeler D if he comes through the middle again next year when we play them. He hasn't forgotten that Clark made him a 2009 Steeler highlight. Also, I would put Hines Ward up there as fearless, but he doesn't have the speed and cutting ability Welker has. But I would take Hines's toughness and mindset over anything Welker possess anyday!

K Train
02-19-2010, 04:42 AM
no ward is tough no doubt bet hes not welker and never will be welker......welker is special and he has been since day one....he ate the steelers up when he was a dolphin even

Blazedby92
02-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Sweed is a BUST and Grishim has much to prove. I keep hearing well wr's used to get three yrs but that that's not because they can't catch for three yrs it's because of the learning curve.

Hey he might be good enough for the PS. He can hang out with Redzone or the DB's.

LMAO

Captcoolhand
02-19-2010, 06:58 AM
sweed.

even if hes been a let down in the passing game so far he has shown the ability to get open and stretch the field....just because greshim is white doesnt make him wes welker.

and sweed is a dominate blocker which doenst hurt

If Sweed has shown anything in the past 2 years, it's his ability to get open. Once he is able to pull his head out of his hind parts and catch the ball, he will be a threat. But this is definitely his last chance to demonstrate his worth or he will likely be this decade's version of Lee Mays.
No offense but if everyone has figured out that Sweed is not a real threat on the field, sure his ability to stretch the field and get open is going to be there.IMO But, how good is he going to be once/if he starts catching the ball and becoming a real threat. :scratch:

Starting 3rd season and you would think we would be beyond this point.....:dunno:

DanRooney
02-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow, has it really come to this???
Sweed Vs Grisham?

Lol, we need some excitement on this board. Flaccosayshi, you out there?

Nah dude he only shows up when the Ravens win and the Steelers lose.

steelersbabex25
02-19-2010, 03:21 PM
I haven't really seem enough of Grisham to say much about him. As far as Sweed goes, Sweed is Sweed. He has butter fingers...that's it.

NOVA STEELERS
02-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Watching SWEED in camp the last two years I thought he was a star in the making, then come game day all I watch is drop after drop and see disappointment. I Really don't get why he makes one handed grabs look easy in camp, but has passes hit him in the chest and he drops them. He reminds me some what of Burress his rookie year, he had some drops that cost us a couple of games, but came out of it. Not sure if SWEED will snap out of it and find his groove or wind up a bust and be on the outside looking in.

acero
02-19-2010, 08:23 PM
probably yancey thigpen today is better than both of em heheehe

Gettysburgh_Steel
02-20-2010, 08:34 AM
All Sweed has to do is make that one big catch , and put all that behind him . He has potential but he has never made good on his abilities . If he gets beat out by a no name guy , thats the way it must be. He has another chance to shine i'm sure . It is all up to him . If not , i believe he could be labled a bust .

kgreen
02-20-2010, 12:46 PM
probably yancey thigpen today is better than both of em heheehe

Thigpen was a stud. I'd take him gladly in his retirement than these two jokers.

Blazedby92
02-23-2010, 07:34 AM
SWEED = BUST
It doesn't take a WR three years to learn to catch.
Rumor is that he is going to challenge Gay for his job. They want both of our starting CB's with butterfingers and he can't be any worse than Gay.:grin1:

K Train
02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
SWEED = BUST
It doesn't take a WR three years to learn to catch.
Rumor is that he is going to challenge Gay for his job. They want both of our starting CB's with butterfingers and he can't be any worse than Gay.:grin1:

after 3 years sidney rice became a total stud after being BURIED as the #5 WR behind guys like greg lewis

after 3 years Robert Meachem led the saints in TDs, avg per catch and several other big play catergories

Blazedby92
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
after 3 years sidney rice became a total stud after being BURIED as the #5 WR behind guys like greg lewis

after 3 years Robert Meachem led the saints in TDs, avg per catch and several other big play catergories

Com' on man, Sweed isn't a pimple on Rice and Meachums ARSE. Rice only sat the bench because of injury not lack of skills because if he was behind greg lewis on the depth chart I would say he was pretty bad. Here's some COLD HARD FACTS for you on Rice an Meachum
And even if they were benched it wasn't because they couldn't catch.
I really hope your right K but this time your just going to have to shallow your pride and realize he is no good.

Sydney Rice finished his rookie season with 31 receptions for 396 yards and four touchdowns (second most receiving touchdowns by a 2007 rookie).Rice injured his knee, causing him to miss the final two games.
The next season, Rice was named a starter with the Vikings new acquisition Bernard Berrian. He got off to a pretty good start scoring a 23 yard touchdown in week one against the Packers. However, Rice suffered a knee injury that kept him out until week 9. When he returned, most of his playing time was when the Vikings were in the red zone as he would lose his starting job to Bobby Wade. Rice finished the 2008 season with 15 catches for 141 yards and 4 touchdowns (third most receiving touchdowns by a 2008 second year player).

Robrt Meachum underwent knee surgery and was unable to play in his rookie season.
On September 14, 2008, Meachem caught his first pass in the NFL, a 19 yard touchdown pass against the Washington Redskins. [2]

In week 4 against the San Francisco 49ers, Meachem got the chance to see more game time due to number 1 Receiver Marques Colston sidelined with a broken thumb. In this game, Meachem had only 2 receptions, his first a 47 yard touchdown grab, his second a 52 yard flea flicker catch with a defender draped all over him. Meachem ended week 4 with 2 receptions for 99 yards and the Saints got the win over the 49ers. Meachem finished the season with 12 receptions for 289 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also had a 24.1 yards per catch.

K Train
02-23-2010, 02:03 PM
yeah but rice was jacksons ONLY option the first few years and meachem was a first round player that rode the pine for 3 years in a saints offense that is beyond explosive.

sweed is above both of them as a blocker and he would not be the first WR to take 3 years to put up respectable numbers...not everyone is percy harvin or mike wallace. hes broken my heart so far but i think he will turn the corner

coldrolled
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
If Sweed had lyme disease and he clears it out this year.
these symotoms will leave.

if the lyme disease is true you have to give him one more year.

Lyme Disease
While most patients respond well to antibiotic therapy, some are left with residual fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, and memory or concentration problems as well as other symptoms common to a host of other conditions. Some patients, including those who have been untreated or inadequately treated for Lyme disease, can develop arthritis that persists for months or years.

Zachintosh66
02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Lyme Disease? i never heard that but i heard home sick...

trade his *** to Dallas or Hou :lol:

Blazedby92
02-24-2010, 07:38 AM
yeah but rice was jacksons ONLY option the first few years and meachem was a first round player that rode the pine for 3 years in a saints offense that is beyond explosive.

sweed is above both of them as a blocker and he would not be the first WR to take 3 years to put up respectable numbers...not everyone is percy harvin or mike wallace. hes broken my heart so far but i think he will turn the corner

So Rice got those stats being doubled all the time, thats even better.
Meachum I can't say much about but I can say that they never had a problem with dropped balls.

I expected really good things from him when we drafted him and I was REALLY excited when I seen the Steelers took him and Mendy too but I have given up on Sweed.

I really hope your right though K.