PDA

View Full Version : Chargers A. Cromartie being shopped for a RB

igor0190
02-17-2010, 02:21 PM
You think they would have any interest in Willie Parker? Maybe Parker and a 2nd rounder for Cromartie? I think that would be a sweet deal for us, but I'm sure the Chargers would anticipate the Steelers letting Parker become a FA anyways.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

cmerrifield
02-17-2010, 02:36 PM
We dont have rights to Parker, he is a FA. We cannot trade him

igor0190
02-17-2010, 02:37 PM
We dont have rights to Parker, he is a FA. We cannot trade him

Free agency has not begun to my knowledge.

cmerrifield
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes, but we have no rights to him, we cannot trade him, he is only technically under contract until March 5th, so a team will trade for a player they get for 2 weeks, and then he can go sign wherever he wants? We cannot trade FWP

igor0190
02-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Yes, but we have no rights to him, we cannot trade him, he is only technically under contract until March 5th, so a team will trade for a player they get for 2 weeks, and then he can go sign wherever he wants? We cannot trade FWP

Ohh, alright. Maybe they will take Frank the Tank then? lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
LOL, in a perfect world we your scenario would work, but unfortunately unless Willie wants to sign a contract with us and then get traded to SD, it won't happen :lol:

Zachintosh66
02-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Free agency has not begun to my knowledge.

true but why trade for someone who will be in what 2-3 weeks...

Franks Summers is trash and we couldnt even trade him for a seat usher to be named later...

LatrobePA
02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Goal line Redman! Willie is not their answer!!

igor0190
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Goal line Redman! Willie is not their answer!!

:plus1:
Haha

Redzone you mean

LatrobePA
02-17-2010, 06:38 PM
:plus1:
Haha

Redzone you mean

Yes thank you!:tt02:

A Pac
02-18-2010, 10:55 AM
the steelers have nobody to send to sd in return for cromartie. they can't send parker and even if they could, sd wouldn't want him. they already have an over the hill running back who can't hit the holes fast enough and gets hurt. you can't send mendenhall because you then have no running back on a run-first offense. the steelers have no ammo in this fight.

LatrobePA
02-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Trade them BA!!

harpo
02-19-2010, 09:06 PM
I think SD is where Willie will eventually end up. It's a very attractive opportunity for him because he could go in as the #1 guy since I don't see LT there in 2010. It's also possible that Sproles won't be there, so we'll see what happens. I wish FWP all the success in the world (except when he plays against the Steelers :tt02:).

SDSteelerFan
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
The Chargers can't give Cromartie away. We don't want him.
He had one good year, and thought he was the next coming of Mel Blount, then did squat.

All talk. Won't tackle. Has had problems off the field.
Only an average cover guy, despite the one year with 14 picks.

I saw a mock draft that has the Steelers taking Taylor Mays from USC. He has some issues, but with mentoring from fellow Trojan Polamalu, he can be a great DB.
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/imho.gif

andyg1984
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
is there a chance we are in the kevin mawae market (if there is 1)??? i dnt care about any deal that was made with fartwig btw - is it possible to cut him? would it not be great to see pouncey learn under mawae for a year or two?

Steeler Vet
03-03-2010, 03:21 PM
We want no part of Cro..... My friend is a Charger fan and he said they have been trying to unload him for a while. He made a couple of good plays one year that return but he is lazy and has a attitude and does not like contact

DanRooney
03-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Cromartie is still an upgrade over William Gay

K Train
03-03-2010, 04:30 PM
The Chargers can't give Cromartie away. We don't want him.
He had one good year, and thought he was the next coming of Mel Blount, then did squat.

All talk. Won't tackle. Has had problems off the field.
Only an average cover guy, despite the one year with 14 picks.

I saw a mock draft that has the Steelers taking Taylor Mays from USC. He has some issues, but with mentoring from fellow Trojan Polamalu, he can be a great DB.
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/imho.gif

whats up with people coming in pimping mays with their first post?

ill take cro all day, on run plays its like playing 11 on 10 but the man can cover....after his hip injury he had a bad year, but i wanted him real bad in the draft and while he looked like a top corner for a while, i do think he could do big things with lebeau and tomlin

Blazedby92
03-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm with you on that one K. I knew we wouldn't get him but I was hoping when he broke his leg his stock would drop and we could get him. He looked good in college and still is good.
Plus he is an upgrade over ANY of our CB's. I'll take 2 a matter of fact.

Hey Big T where is that Pic of Mays that pick sums it all up for the Mays fans.

coldrolled
03-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Cromartie is still an upgrade over William Gay

why didnt we re-sign mcfadden????

--- Added 3/4/2010 at 08:57 AM ---

I'm with you on that one K. I knew we wouldn't get him but I was hoping when he broke his leg his stock would drop and we could get him. He looked good in college and still is good.
Plus he is an upgrade over ANY of our CB's. I'll take 2 a matter of fact.

Hey Big T where is that Pic of Mays that pick sums it all up for the Mays fans.

I say Mays goes before #18 and Thomas too.

Kyle Wilson will be there for us to pick.