PDA

View Full Version : Punxsutawney Polamalu?

xxxsteelernation
02-12-2010, 11:02 PM
For some reason the troy super bowl commercial seemed to me really degrading to troy. I don't know much about if troy approved the commercial, i would hope he did, would be some legal repurcussion i'm sure if not. but to me it was just disrespectful.

Big T
02-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Approved of the commercial? He was in it...ya just his face bit he had to go somewhere and do his little "acting" bit....this doesn't really make sense

steelersbabex25
02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Besides the fact that I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just throw him in a commercial without his consent..

DanRooney
02-12-2010, 11:59 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/1582/original/picard-facepalm.jpg

steelersbabex25
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
:lol:^^

lloydfan4life
02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/1582/original/picard-facepalm.jpg

I just spit my water out.... :rofl:

xxxsteelernation
02-13-2010, 01:50 AM
i wouldnt put it past anyone if they didn't get approval i'm pretty sure the company that was 4 is reaping alot more profit than if troy did sue them. but i just find it very distastful. troy is one of my fav players as is to alot of others. and just troy as a groundhog just didn't fit to me.. imo if they really wanted to represent troy then have it do with something great troy has done...the superman tackle, fingertip interception. hell even something like the manning bros are doing with donald trump commercials. glamorize him.

JensK
02-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Why would he sue them? You can bet all your money in the world that troy have approved the commercial. He had to act in it, and he had to approve it after the finished it.

Ibleedblk&gld
02-13-2010, 07:18 AM
i'm sorry, but this thread is absolutely retarded...it was another funny superbowl commercial...troy even said he'd be doing more commercials (other than head and shoulders), so to think he didn't approve of this, is ridiculous

i don't see how this is degrading at all...

WoodsonsGirl
02-13-2010, 07:22 AM
:popcorn:

lloydfan4life
02-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Seriously.... if you had something to add regarding the Punxsutawney Polamalu commercial, why not POST in the Punxsutawney Polamalu thread already started rather than create a whole new one just for your comments? :duh:

Bucsfan4ever
02-13-2010, 08:34 AM
You know he got great $$$ for doing it...I didn't see it as degrading.

Troy's a unique player and it was a unique commercial!!

75Steeler
02-13-2010, 10:34 AM
i wouldnt put it past anyone if they didn't get approval i'm pretty sure the company that was 4 is reaping alot more profit than if troy did sue them. but i just find it very distastful. troy is one of my fav players as is to alot of others. and just troy as a groundhog just didn't fit to me.. imo if they really wanted to represent troy then have it do with something great troy has done...the superman tackle, fingertip interception. hell even something like the manning bros are doing with donald trump commercials. glamorize him.

Anytime they use his face in a commercial he gets paid. Like any player Troy knows he needs to make as much money as possible now. Professional football is a short career ride after that the money slows way down unless you work in TV etc. Polamalu is a smart man and knows he needs to bank what he can now. The NFL Network has glamorized him this season with the one handed interception from the Titans in game 1. Don't worry about ol # 43 he is just fine with that commercial.

--- Added 2/13/2010 at 09:34 AM ---

Seriously.... if you had something to add regarding the Punxsutawney Polamalu commercial, why not POST in the Punxsutawney Polamalu thread already started rather than create a whole new one just for your comments? :duh:

:plus1:

steelersgal86
02-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I just spit my water out.... :rofl:

:rofl:

have to agree...this thread does not make much sense...it was a commercial...a week ago...and actually I thought it was pretty funny....plus I think there is already a thread about the commercial :thinking:

Sir Blitzelot
02-13-2010, 11:57 AM
I really think the commercial was done all in good fun. There is no doubt in my mind that Troy knew how he was going to be portrayed in the commercial. In regards to it being degrading, I disagree... I feel that it shows a comedic side of Troy, that we don't often see from professional athletes. So if anything, I think the commercial only helps improve his image. :2cents:

Ironman
02-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Degrading.... look at it at youtube, you'll find several videos of the making of the commercial, it doesn't look like he feels degraded... and yes this is a pointless thread that has already been started.. great picture of Cpt. Whathisface

SnakeEyes43
02-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, there are plenty of "the making of" vids on Youtube. And Troy is laughing and having a good time. It's just a funny commercial dude and is all in good fun....

xxxsteelernation
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, there are plenty of "the making of" vids on Youtube. And Troy is laughing and having a good time. It's just a funny commercial dude and is all in good fun....

i didn't see any of the "making of vids" sorry bout the confusion. and i see michael c point in the comedic side that we don't see i see it in a different way now.

A Pac
02-14-2010, 10:48 AM
I know that Troy is a great player and all, but he makes the absolute worst commercials on the planet. The Head and Shoulders and Coke ones from last year were just God awful and the new one is just as bad. He should just concetrate on getting healthy and making the most of his career while he can still play.

Ironman
02-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I know that Troy is a great player and all, but he makes the absolute worst commercials on the planet. The Head and Shoulders and Coke ones from last year were just God awful and the new one is just as bad. He should just concetrate on getting healthy and making the most of his career while he can still play.

I happen to like his commercials, especially when I see black & gold in them. And I'm real sure that Troy is just sitting around concentrating REALLY hard on his PCL/MCL so he can defy physics and heal faster so he "make the most of his career".... All his health needs is some time off, and his career, well he's making the most by EXPANDING his revenue stream and BROADENING his fan base....