PDA

View Full Version : New Steelers.com

Zachintosh66
02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.steelers.com

Noticed a new layout! The last 2 were horrible, on first glance this one looks promising!

75Steeler
02-11-2010, 10:30 PM
This layout is much more user friendly.

cmerrifield
02-11-2010, 10:40 PM
I feel like the Steelers entered the 21st century finally with this site

MattyVfromCT
02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
for some reason i can't access steelers.com right now. strange

--- Added 2/11/2010 at 09:12 PM ---

i'm able to get there now. nice setup. unfortunately the boards there are still the same as always lol

Prosdo
02-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Looks better. The past one was difficult to navigate and too busy.

StewXXL
02-12-2010, 02:08 AM
looks MUCH better!

RIVERS OF STEEL
02-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Mighty fine look. The feel needs some tweakin. Real busy home page.

Ironman
02-12-2010, 04:02 AM
The previous versions were damn near pitiful, it's about time they did something. I was almost embarrassed by how ****** it was. I mean, for the entire 2009 season the Stats section was "unavailable." God forbid I want to look something up.

Much better, but still needs some tweaking - but even if they left it as is it's still a tremendous upgrade.

MattyVfromCT
02-12-2010, 07:26 AM
The previous versions were damn near pitiful, it's about time they did something. I was almost embarrassed by how ****** it was. I mean, for the entire 2009 season the Stats section was "unavailable." God forbid I want to look something up.

Much better, but still needs some tweaking - but even if they left it as is it's still a tremendous upgrade.

a good place to find stats from past and present is www.pro-football-reference.com. they have a lot of info, stats, records, box scores, from past and present

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2010, 09:33 AM
It's definitely got a nice, new, modern feel to it. I like the design concept, everything is nice and organized fror the most part. Still needs some tweaking as some of the links are screwy but overall it's a huge improvement.

The message boards there have always been epic failure though, and obviously they haven't had the desire to revamp them in any way, shape, or form, in I don't even know how long. That part is way overdue and the lame way those boards are run is just ridiculous.

Overall though, so far so good, great job to finally get with the times.

Captcoolhand
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
i'm able to get there now. nice setup. unfortunately the boards there are still the same as always lolNot to mention same bunch of A**holes too!

I don't think I've ever been on a forum that has as many Forum bullies than that one has. :willybs:

Thank goodness for SA.....:yellowthumb:

MattyVfromCT
02-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Not to mention same bunch of A**holes too!

I don't think I've ever been on a forum that has as many Forum bullies than that one has. :willybs:

Thank goodness for SA.....:yellowthumb:

really? i've never had any problems with anybody on there. although i've heard of several back and forth arguments between posters during the losing streak. the mods made a post saying how anyone repeatedly involved in personal battles will be banned lol. i was banned for posting links to my steeler vids on youtube lol. their rules are ridiculous over there. you can't even type hello without the hell part being censored. hell, you can't even type dick lebeau without dick being censored lol. the boards here are much better but i still go there from time to time

harpo
02-13-2010, 10:17 AM
It's definitely got a nice, new, modern feel to it. I like the design concept, everything is nice and organized fror the most part. Still needs some tweaking as some of the links are screwy but overall it's a huge improvement.

The message boards there have always been epic failure though, and obviously they haven't had the desire to revamp them in any way, shape, or form, in I don't even know how long. That part is way overdue and the lame way those boards are run is just ridiculous.

Overall though, so far so good, great job to finally get with the times.

My sentiments exactly. The site looks a LOT better but the message boards still suck. :yesnod:

Sir Blitzelot
02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I like the new layout of the site, it seems to be easier to navigate.

Stlrs4Life
02-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Much better!

scott0326
02-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Definitely better.