PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Pierce

LatrobePA
02-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Was released today from the Giants, is there a fit here??

BlackGold4vr
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM

The answer to that question is all relative to cost $$. Whether he is a fit would depend on how much you had to pay him. There is no doubt that we need depth especially at ILB but there is also a limit to how much you pay for an older player who may even be a back-up going into next season. I wouldn't be upset with him signing with the Steelers as long as they didn't overpay. :2cents:

K Train
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
damaged goods

LatrobePA
02-11-2010, 03:55 PM
damaged goods

Prolly so...

Ironman
02-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Pierce believes he is an every down player, and so he does not fit into our system. Would be nice to have him, but he will want a pretty lucrative contract with a secured position.

Zachintosh66
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
no thanks...

DanRooney
02-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Pierce believes he is an every down player, and so he does not fit into our system. Would be nice to have him, but he will want a pretty lucrative contract with a secured position.

James Farrior does too. Why is he still on our team :thinking:?

SteelCityKid5
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I hope were trying to get younger on defense.

Big T
02-11-2010, 04:42 PM
We already have an old, used to be good middle linebacker...

igor0190
02-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Pretty harsh overreaction. He's one year removed from making the pro bowl. The whole defence had a bad year, not just Farrior. His wheels didn't just fall off overnight.

DanRooney
02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Pretty harsh overreaction. He's one year removed from making the pro bowl. The whole defence had a bad year, not just Farrior. His wheels didn't just fall off overnight.

Whole defense? I'd say just the entire secondary and James Farrior.

MattyVfromCT
02-11-2010, 07:12 PM

no. trust me. pierce is finished. i see plenty of giants games up here in connecticut and most of my friends are giants fans. there's a reason the giants cut him and it's not just salary. his speed has diminished incredibly. we all talk about how farrior has lost a step but pierce is in much worse shape than farrior right now. i don't want pierce. we already have too much age on defense. we don't need to add another aging veteran who's better days are clearly behind him

Zachintosh66
02-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Who still leads the team in tackles... dont count Farrior out just yet...

lest we forget we had a bunch of scrubs starting in front of him while Smith was out and nobody behind him with Gay blowing and being stuck with Tyrone "i cant wrap and tackle" Carter instead of Troy "im hurt again" Polamalu

Im just saying :)

BlitzburghRockCity
02-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Pierce won't go anywhere that he can't be a 3 down player, so which means he's not coming here. Farrior is in the same boat pretty much as it is, so trading in Farrior for Pierce would only bandaid the problem for a year at the most. He'll go somewhere and get overpaid, just like everyone else.

DIESELMAN
02-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Pierce won't go anywhere that he can't be a 3 down player, so which means he's not coming here. Farrior is in the same boat pretty much as it is, so trading in Farrior for Pierce would only bandaid the problem for a year at the most. He'll go somewhere and get overpaid, just like everyone else.
Exactly TOP!! We need to start drafting for now and the immediate future, not projects that take 3-5 years to develop, that for the most part don't develop at all!!